Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

**** me.  Now I'm getting the prompt to photograph and upload the card.   4 hours after putting the card in a box provided for the purpose of cards that could not be uploaded.   I have a photo of it but you can't upload it from your gallery,   only from the prompt to photograph and upload.    If they hadn't told people to put them in a box,   I would still have the damn thing.

Edited by Victorian

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Ours is through our website people.   It's crapp.   It worked fine last time but they've made changes and now it's gone wrong again.    You should get a prompt after entering a score to upload a photo of the card but didn't get it.   Peoples' scores are all over the place as well.    Head scratcher re the duplicated score in the list off two different handicaps.   

The first week of our score entry via the app was a stableford comp. Like any other time, all you need to do is put in your gross score per hole and the system does the rest. Some dafty input their stableford scores per hole and were on the live leader board with 70+ points! 😂 The two's sweep had them down for about 10 stakes to be claimed too. 🤭

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The first week of our score entry via the app was a stableford comp. Like any other time, all you need to do is put in your gross score per hole and the system does the rest. Some dafty input their stableford scores per hole and were on the live leader board with 70+ points! 😂 The two's sweep had them down for about 10 stakes to be claimed too. 🤭

Christ.    

I don't think there's any need for cards or photos.    All you need do is verbally agree the scores are entered correctly and put in a digital signature box,   as they do have already.    The photographs are not necessary.

Samuel Camazzola
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Christ.    

I don't think there's any need for cards or photos.    All you need do is verbally agree the scores are entered correctly and put in a digital signature box,   as they do have already.    The photographs are not necessary.

I agree. 

Sounds like your match committee are looking for stuff to do to fill their evenings. 

2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I agree. 

Sounds like your match committee are looking for stuff to do to fill their evenings. 

Emailed the photographed cards to myself.  Saved as good an image as I could manage.   Photographed the computer screen from the upload prompt and uploaded them.   They're not that clear but I no longer care.    

Will need the css to go up by 2 to buffer and it looks possible after seeing the scores.

If I have a good score I'll be stressing to buggery about the score being validated.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Emailed the photographed cards to myself.  Saved as good an image as I could manage.   Photographed the computer screen from the upload prompt and uploaded them.   They're not that clear but I no longer care.    

Will need the css to go up by 2 to buffer and it looks possible after seeing the scores.

If I have a good score I'll be stressing to buggery about the score being validated.

What holes did you score +5 on during the wild spell of weather? 

My club not doing competitions yet but starting soon.

They recently moved over to Intelligent Golf to manage all their stuff. The booking system is good and there is a phone app too. There's a way to enter scores but it is only live with a competition so we haven't used it yet.

Anyone else's club using Intelligent Golf?

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, kila said:

My club not doing competitions yet but starting soon.

They recently moved over to Intelligent Golf to manage all their stuff. The booking system is good and there is a phone app too. There's a way to enter scores but it is only live with a competition so we haven't used it yet.

Anyone else's club using Intelligent Golf?

Fairmont have used them for a couple of seasons but I just used their main club site most of the time. Are Intelligent Golf still charging an annual sub for their app? 

9 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

What holes did you score +5 on during the wild spell of weather? 

+3 with a shot then +2 without a shot.    So no adjustments.

We're with IG.     The website and app are fine but the photographs sre causing a problem.    Why on earth you can't upload from an existing gallery image is ridiculous.    

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Fairmont have used them for a couple of seasons but I just used their main club site most of the time. Are Intelligent Golf still charging an annual sub for their app? 

Our whole website is powered by Intelligent Golf now. It's an upgrade for the club because it is now a content management system so they can easily make changes/add content etc, where as before I think they were paying someone to edit the HTML.

Their app is free to download and I presume my access is granted by my club being signed up to it. It is quite useful as it has an index of all members so you can ping them a message within the app rather than having to find out email address or phone number. The website has the same functionality.

The app also shows my club house balance. Not that I'll be able to spend it on a post round pint any time soon.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

We're with IG.     The website and app are fine but the photographs sre causing a problem.    Why on earth you can't upload from an existing gallery image is ridiculous.    

Sure it isn't privacy settings? Need to grant each app access to your photo library? Or maybe they are thinking a live photo helps stop cheating :laugh:

I hope my club doesn't enforce physical cards and having to photograph them. What a farce it sounds, and a continued waste of paper. A physical card should only be used if a member doesn't have a suitable phone to have the app on.

9 minutes ago, kila said:

Sure it isn't privacy settings? Need to grant each app access to your photo library? Or maybe they are thinking a live photo helps stop cheating :laugh:

I hope my club doesn't enforce physical cards and having to photograph them. What a farce it sounds, and a continued waste of paper. A physical card should only be used if a member doesn't have a suitable phone to have the app on.

Had a look but don't see any setting to update.

Samuel Camazzola
46 minutes ago, kila said:

Our whole website is powered by Intelligent Golf now. It's an upgrade for the club because it is now a content management system so they can easily make changes/add content etc, where as before I think they were paying someone to edit the HTML.

Their app is free to download and I presume my access is granted by my club being signed up to it. It is quite useful as it has an index of all members so you can ping them a message within the app rather than having to find out email address or phone number. The website has the same functionality.

The app also shows my club house balance. Not that I'll be able to spend it on a post round pint any time soon.

I just had a look at Fairmont's webpage and it's Intelligent Golf too. I don't think the utilise all its functionality but it covers what's needed for their membership model. 

They've not had any comps since Re-opening so not needed to submit anything yet. They are looking to open up the Torrance course shortly which is a bonus. They are giving access to four balls shortly and the range is up and running again. 

We’re using the ig app for competitions, we’re just confirming score at the end of each hole and filling it out on phone. No photos needed. 

18 hours ago, oldman32 said:

We’re using the ig app for competitions, we’re just confirming score at the end of each hole and filling it out on phone. No photos needed. 

As it should be.   It has a digital signature box after all.   Verbally agree score with the guy you're marking a card for,   sign in the pop-up,   end of story.

Our lot are scared to death of Scottish Golf card audits,   etc.     Twats.

Just bought an Adams Tight Lies 2.0 5-fairway (19 degree) and 5-hybrid (25 degree).    I had two of the hybrids before as I love the small head shape and rounded leading edge on these.    But I got them with the stiff shafted Kuro Kage shafts which proved to be way too stiff.    Giving them another go with the regular shafts.    

Been really toiling to find a consistent shot with the various fairways and hybrids I have.    This will have to be a long term project to stick to.    No more chopping and changing.

Ryder Cup cancelled till 2021😟

Just have to wait another year till we gub the Shermans'😀

Edited by merrymac

Samuel Camazzola
57 minutes ago, merrymac said:

I was surprised it took so long to confirm it. I did anticipate they'd keep the current even year cycle but all the following matches have been moved to 2023, 25, 27.. 

European qualifying points commence in January. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Shame that.

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Good news. Would have been crap with no crowds. 

Chaps, does anyone know when 4 ball golf will be allowed? I am looking to book a round at Dumbarnie but ideally want a 4 ball.

Cheers

Samuel Camazzola
14 minutes ago, dicksojo said:

Chaps, does anyone know when 4 ball golf will be allowed? I am looking to book a round at Dumbarnie but ideally want a 4 ball.

Cheers

You can get a 4ball at Dumbarnie if the players are from 3 households. 👍 

7 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

You can get a 4ball at Dumbarnie if the players are from 3 households. 👍 

I saw that, unfortunately it will be 4 different households. I’m hoping it’s eased before the end of July.

34 minutes ago, dicksojo said:

Cheers

Already allowed at my club, no more than 3 households though.

Samuel Camazzola
8 minutes ago, dicksojo said:

I saw that, unfortunately it will be 4 different households. I’m hoping it’s eased before the end of July.

Depends on how thorough they check the players details. When I played, the game in front included non players walking around with them. I can't see how that scenario differs from having 4 players (sharing households or not). 

They never checked our address details either so all parties in my group got the game at the Fife rate. 👍 

Thanks guys. I’ll give it a week then just book the 4 ball and play daft laddy if they check the addresses.

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We're heading to Dumbarnie on the 1st or 15th of August. Cannot wait.

Enjoy bud, hope its a sunny day.

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Enjoy bud, hope its a sunny day.

That's why the date isn't fixed yet :lol:

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We're heading to Dumbarnie on the 1st or 15th of August. Cannot wait.

Your own booking or are you getting a club slot for £29 a nut? 

hmfc_liam06
22 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Your own booking or are you getting a club slot for £29 a nut? 

I didn't realise we got club rates?? I thought it was just for clubs in the surrounding areas?

Samuel Camazzola
39 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I didn't realise we got club rates?? I thought it was just for clubs in the surrounding areas?

I've been given the impression that Fife based clubs can contact them for a block of times. Mine haven't been yet but there is a bit of chatter about getting a block booking and then going into a ballot to play it. 

Its worth contacting them in your capacity as a committee member to see what the deal is. 

3 hours ago, dicksojo said:

Cheers

Not sure but our committee are expecting it to be changed today .

hmfc_liam06
31 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I've been given the impression that Fife based clubs can contact them for a block of times. Mine haven't been yet but there is a bit of chatter about getting a block booking and then going into a ballot to play it. 

Its worth contacting them in your capacity as a committee member to see what the deal is. 

Cheers, I'll do that!

5 hours ago, dicksojo said:

Cheers

Update

4 Balls allowed from tomorrow .

hmfc_liam06

One of the most frustrating rounds of my life tonight.

Thursday stableford comp. Out in 21 points including 2 holes where I was 3 off the tee. Then back 9, another two holes 3 off the tee and left 5 putts for par practically hanging over the hole.

Ended up with 35 points. Beeling.

joondalupjambo

Lundin just announced comps back on 18th July and the rules for visiting the clubhouse from the 15th July onwards.   The former is a the start of comps that run up until 3rd October then the other three weeks in that month are the ones like Pro's Sweep, Four Club Challenge etc. 

The rules for using the clubhouse are so complicated that degrees in logistics and health care are needed in order to get anywhere near the bar!!  Then once inside it is more or less self service in a restricted area where you are not allowed to get out of your seat unless to collect your chips.  The going to the loo involves exiting the clubhouse, wandering around the car park,  turning around six times, clapping four times, doing the paddy bar for 20 seconds and then entering via another door.  All sounds way too Masonic to me 😄   To be serious it no way entices you to anywhere near the place to be honest. 

Our clubhouse is usually dead as it is and so the rules could make it worse I would have thought, if that is at all possible.  And to think the only pub in the village is staying closed until at least the first week of August so the club has a great chance to get some more income over the bar.  If it is as hard to get a bowl of chips as it looks goodness what it will be like to get a pint in the place!!

On the subject of Dumbarnie the club have been allocated four ball tee times and it looks like they are going to use these one day in late August.  There will be a members ballot to chose the players who can go, that should be fun.  We were told that Dumbarnie invited us, we did not ask to get this £29 quid deal. My understanding previously was that it was only a certain number of clubs in and around the St Andrews area plus us, and Leven and Ladybank I think, that were invited.  I wonder if due to spare tee times they will extend the club tee times to Fife clubs or others further afield in Scotland that ask for one?  It will be interesting to see what clubs actually end up getting this option. 

We were also told that they were not asking for addresses because they were selling rounds during the 5 mile travel restriction period.  By not asking they were not guilty of supporting the longer travel, tactics I think.  Now that has been lifted it will be again interesting to see if they ask for proof on arrival.  

Edited by joondalupjambo

Samuel Camazzola
36 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Lundin just announced comps back on 18th July and the rules for visiting the clubhouse from the 15th July onwards.   The former is a the start of comps that run up until 3rd October then the other three weeks in that month are the ones like Pro's Sweep, Four Club Challenge etc. 

The rules for using the clubhouse are so complicated that degrees in logistics and health care are needed in order to get anywhere near the bar!!  Then once inside it is more or less self service in a restricted area where you are not allowed to get out of your seat unless to collect your chips.  The going to the loo involves exiting the clubhouse, wandering around the car park,  turning around six times, clapping four times, doing the paddy bar for 20 seconds and then entering via another door.  All sounds way too Masonic to me 😄   To be serious it no way entices you to anywhere near the place to be honest. 

Our clubhouse is usually dead as it is and so the rules could make it worse I would have thought, if that is at all possible.  And to think the only pub in the village is staying closed until at least the first week of August so the club has a great chance to get some more income over the bar.  If it is as hard to get a bowl of chips as it looks goodness what it will be like to get a pint in the place!!

On the subject of Dumbarnie the club have been allocated four ball tee times and it looks like they are going to use these one day in late August.  There will be a members ballot to chose the players who can go, that should be fun.  We were told that Dumbarnie invited us, we did not ask to get this £29 quid deal. My understanding previously was that it was only a certain number of clubs in and around the St Andrews area plus us, and Leven and Ladybank I think, that were invited.  I wonder if due to spare tee times they will extend the club tee times to Fife clubs or others further afield in Scotland that ask for one?  It will be interesting to see what clubs actually end up getting this option. 

We were also told that they were not asking for addresses because they were selling rounds during the 5 mile travel restriction period.  By not asking they were not guilty of supporting the longer travel, tactics I think.  Now that has been lifted it will be again interesting to see if they ask for proof on arrival.  

Regarding Dumbarnie, it was interesting to learn that the various clubs associated with Crail had utilised the £29 tee times in June. The starter advised there were a few guys who played several rounds as they were members of each of the 'in-house' clubs. 

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Regarding Dumbarnie, it was interesting to learn that the various clubs associated with Crail had utilised the £29 tee times in June. The starter advised there were a few guys who played several rounds as they were members of each of the 'in-house' clubs. 

Aye was that not when it was two balls?  I wonder why Crail did that and not wait for four balls because once you use your club day and tee times you would think that was it, a one off.   If they also were members from the different in-house clubs then they got a bargain for sure.

I know a lot of Pro's played in June but thought that was linked to Pro golf being played again worldwide.

Samuel Camazzola
19 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Aye was that not when it was two balls?  I wonder why Crail did that and not wait for four balls because once you use your club day and tee times you would think that was it, a one off.   If they also were members from the different in-house clubs then they got a bargain for sure.

I know a lot of Pro's played in June but thought that was linked to Pro golf being played again worldwide.

I think it was when 2balls were permitted. They possibly got a lot more tee times as I think there was an abundance of availability early doors.

I think Connor Syme, Marc Warren, Richie Ramsay and Robert McIntyre were all there a couple of weeks back. Stephen Gallagher was there not long after it opened. 

Anyone heard anything with regards to handicaps lapsing? Doubt I’ll get 3 comps in this year, will clubs let you keep a handicap due to this year almost being a write off? Or will it be business as usual and I’ll lose my handicap for next year? 

Our clubhouse opening soon but we'll have to book via the IG app. We'll also be able to place orders through the app while on the course. Should've had this a long time ago!

Main thing I'm looking forward to is being able to use my locker again.

Wonder if there'll be a decision bunker rakes. Hard to play in a competition if you end up in a busy bunker. I've seen small rake attachments for the grip end of clubs so maybe folk will have to take one of those round.

joondalupjambo

Our club has said that no handicaps will lapse even if you do not play three comps.  Think that will be standard.

I’m getting myself a new golf bag I’ve been looking for a maroon one but no joy , there are black ones with a deep red trim etc but I’m  wanting all maroon with hopefully white trims . Has anyone seen one by any chance? ,cheers 

4 minutes ago, One five said:

I’m getting myself a new golf bag I’ve been looking for a maroon one but no joy , there are black ones with a deep red trim etc but I’m  wanting all maroon with hopefully white trims . Has anyone seen one by any chance? ,cheers 

We Reveal The 18 Best Golf Bags For 2020 (Top Picks)

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, kila said:

Our clubhouse opening soon but we'll have to book via the IG app. We'll also be able to place orders through the app while on the course. Should've had this a long time ago!

Main thing I'm looking forward to is being able to use my locker again.

Wonder if there'll be a decision bunker rakes. Hard to play in a competition if you end up in a busy bunker. I've seen small rake attachments for the grip end of clubs so maybe folk will have to take one of those round.

Our clubhouse is opening next week but we still will not be allowed to use our lockers. Will that not be the case because of social distancing rules?

We did not even have Tap and Go payment when lock down started but the club have been forced down that route in order to meet Covid guidance and the re-opening of the clubhouse. Welcome to the modern world.  If we suggested the use of an app for booking tables and time slots the majority of committee members would faint😃

9 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Our club has said that no handicaps will lapse even if you do not play three comps.  Think that will be standard.

Match secretaries have been told to take a more relaxed approach to handicaps this season (whatever that means)