Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Castle Stuart on Thursday. Not a bad venue for my first game in 7 months. Can’t wait.:yas:

Very nice, on with a member or paying?

11 minutes ago, OBE said:

Very nice, on with a member or paying?

Paying, they don’t do memberships at castle Stuart unfortunately! It was a choice between that or Spey valley and I don’t fancy losing a dozen balls in the heather around there. 😂

10 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Paying, they don’t do memberships at castle Stuart unfortunately! It was a choice between that or Spey valley and I don’t fancy losing a dozen balls in the heather around there. 😂

I envy you having 2 wonderful courses 5 miles from your front door...:biggrin:

1 hour ago, OBE said:

The Monday to Friday grafters may oppose the 1 @ weekend.

Yeah but the non-workers are hoovering up times on Sat and Sun as well.    All the would-be 4ball groups taking up two times on each day.     

Tommy Brown

@Irufushi

I looked on the Castle Stuart site.

Times only 8:30 to 1pm.

What happens afternoon?

Image of prices in spoiler

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-06-14-12-53-35-154_com.android.chrome.png

Edited by Tommy Brown

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

@Irufushi

What happens afternoon?

Reveal hidden contents

Not a clue pal. I guess it’ll be something to do with reduced working hours for pro shop or something. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

@Irufushi

What happens afternoon?

Reveal hidden contents

Weren't Castle Stuart doing rounds for £50 for those with an Inverness postcode? My mate was in the RAF and his digs were an IV postcode, it still gets forwarded down to him. 

We've considered booking it :lol:

3 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Castle Stuart on Thursday. Not a bad venue for my first game in 7 months. Can’t wait.:yas:

You played it before?

If not you are in for a treat.

Played it quite a lot over the years, including the official opening day.

One of my favourites.

Enjoy.👍

Tommy Brown
12 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Weren't Castle Stuart doing rounds for £50 for those with an Inverness postcode? My mate was in the RAF and his digs were an IV postcode, it still gets forwarded down to him. 

We've considered booking it :lol:

£50pp with IV postcode (see the spoiler in last post)

Your mate would get it, but you wouldn't:whistling:

Edited by Tommy Brown

7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

You played it before?

If not you are in for a treat.

Played it quite a lot over the years, including the official opening day.

One of my favourites.

Enjoy.👍

Played it loads of times , mate . Do enjoy it, but Royal Dornoch still the best for me .

1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

Played it loads of times , mate . Do enjoy it, but Royal Dornoch still the best for me .

Agree i would always go for the more established venue, but for spectacular holes and views it takes a bit of beating.

Of the two Parsinnen courses (KIngsbarns the other) I prefer Castle Stuart.

hmfc_liam06
45 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

£50pp with IV postcode (see the spoiler in last post)

Your mate would get it, but you wouldn't:whistling:

Ah sorry I didn't read the spoiler.

My pal @Irufushi would help me out, surely? :lol:

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Barack said:

Monty has an argument, about tournament balls being introduced. 

It's just taking the piss now. DeChambeau has purely bulked up as part of his further "experimentation with Golf", imo. He was long enough as it was. 

I don't particularly want to watch long drive competitions every week. 

The 'tour pro' ball has been muted by a few. Nicklaus and Player were pushing for it. With them having a foot in the course design camp, they know that courses pushing 8,000 yards can't be drawn up to accommodate the distances players are hitting just now. 

John mcCartney
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

In other news, a net 62 (-6) score today in the second medal of the season 😎

a veritable slashing coming up

:clap:

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

In other news, a net 62 (-6) score today in the second medal of the season 😎

Absolute bandit

35 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Ah sorry I didn't read the spoiler.

My pal @Irufushi would help me out, surely? :lol:

Last few times I haven’t even been asked to show proof of address. I’ll report back on Thursday if they ask me or not .

hmfc_liam06
34 minutes ago, Barack said:

Need ****ing drug tested you do.

26 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Absolute bandit

Cheers lads 😘

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Cheers lads 😘

:lol:  Well played. I'm jealous, my game has gone to **** after the lockdown. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

:lol:  Well played. I'm jealous, my game has gone to **** after the lockdown. 

Sure it'll come back.

I started off great then had a bit of a wobble the last 3 rounds but clicked again today. Made a lot of putts too which is always the difference.

Samuel Camazzola

Weather is looking good at the weekend. Dumbarnie could be an option but times look to be getting snapped up. 

Samuel Camazzola
On 14/06/2020 at 14:11, Bleedsmaroon said:

Dumbarnie is magnificent. Let us play in a 4 as well. 

Do they just have one tee box in play just now or did you get to choose where to play from? 

hmfc_liam06

Cut to 13.8.

Played last night and a stupid 7 on 15 stopped any chance of another cut. Short hole with a dog leg, caught a hit 3 wood and landed short of the bend and under a tree so I couldn't flight any shot. Stupidly tried to hook a low 4 iron to get the green rather than punch a wee 7 iron and leave me with about 100 yards to the green. A 5 would have likely seen me drop another 0.6.

Live and learn.

Samuel Camazzola

Cut to 13.8.

Played last night and a stupid 7 on 15 stopped any chance of another cut. Short hole with a dog leg, caught a hit 3 wood and landed short of the bend and under a tree so I couldn't flight any shot. Stupidly tried to hook a low 4 iron to get the green rather than punch a wee 7 iron and leave me with about 100 yards to the green. A 5 would have likely seen me drop another 0.6.

Live and learn.

If only you had seen Paddy's recent lesson...

Samuel Camazzola

Cut to 13.8.

Live and learn.

If only you had seen Paddy's recent lesson...

Samuel Camazzola

I've received an email from The Fairmont advising they are now permitting 3 balls. Have any other clubs adopted this? 

Samuel Camazzola

I've received an email from The Fairmont advising they are now permitting 3 balls. Have any other clubs adopted this? 

Our committee are 'meeting' tonight and will rubber stamp the change to 3 household times.   Which means I've got to listen to two committee members on Saturday instead of one.   :(

Really enjoyed my round today, wind fair picked up though midway through the round. The picture posted is a par 3 at 137 yards and I hit a knock down 5 iron to it. Shot 79 and hit the ball well, feel around the greens was non existent though 😂

CDE772BF-64C5-423B-8C9B-049721C3F198.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Really enjoyed my round today, wind fair picked up though midway through the round. The picture posted is a par 3 at 137 yards and I hit a knock down 5 iron to it. Shot 79 and hit the ball well, feel around the greens was non existent though 😂

CDE772BF-64C5-423B-8C9B-049721C3F198.jpeg

Proper golf that 137y  5i.  Clever camera on the phone to,  colour and detail are magnificent. Never played it but would guarantee I'd turn the particular tee shot over to the left, tee sits at a jaunty angle. 

3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Yep we are back to three balls from Saturday 👍

Samuel Camazzola
30 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Return of four-balls. Not sure how I feel about that.

Not at mine. Three balls being introduced from Saturday (maybe tomorrow) but no 4 balls. 👍🥳

Technical question chaps regarding shaft lean at address. I was taught to have a small amount of forward shaft lean off of pretty much all full shots (including driver). The questions is, should the club face still be square and true to target? I tend to find that when I push the shaft forward that the face ends up opening a bit and pointing to the right. The reason I ask is that I am pretty sure that my alignment is ok and I find that the ball starts out straight and then spins out to the left from about halfway through the flight. Any help appreciated!

15 minutes ago, dicksojo said:

Technical question chaps regarding shaft lean at address. I was taught to have a small amount of forward shaft lean off of pretty much all full shots (including driver). The questions is, should the club face still be square and true to target? I tend to find that when I push the shaft forward that the face ends up opening a bit and pointing to the right. The reason I ask is that I am pretty sure that my alignment is ok and I find that the ball starts out straight and then spins out to the left from about halfway through the flight. Any help appreciated!

That was meant to be spinning out to the right.

hmfc_liam06

We will be moving to three balls as of Monday.

Another net 62 tonight lads...captain is beeling :lol: 

I can see a general play cut coming. Playing some really good golf right now.

2 hours ago, OBE said:

Proper golf that 137y  5i.  Clever camera on the phone to,  colour and detail are magnificent. Never played it but would guarantee I'd turn the particular tee shot over to the left, tee sits at a jaunty angle. 

iPhone 11. Yea I absolutely love playing those knockdown shots. My pals shot ended up left 😂

Samuel Camazzola
13 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

iPhone 11. Yea I absolutely love playing those knockdown shots. My pals shot ended up left 😂

What club does your mate play for that distance? Does he just throw a short iron up in the air and miss? 😄 

50 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Not a shot I'd ever consider myself. I'm rank at trying to do partial swing shots. 

1 hour ago, dicksojo said:

Forward shaft lean on a driver??? 

14 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Forward shaft lean on a driver??? 

Just a touch. I’ve had lessons from two different pros and both have said to do that.

7 minutes ago, dicksojo said:

Just a touch. I’ve had lessons from two different pros and both have said to do that.

Tiger-Woods-face-on-address.jpg

Sounds mental to me. To have forward shaft lean on a drive, your hands would need to be way forward over your left foot! See Tiger above. 

djds.jpg

Edited by Ray Gin

9 hours ago, dicksojo said:

So, for the golf ball to move left to right, you've imparted left to right spin on the ball also. This suggests you've slightly cut across the ball at impact. Try taking the club back more on the inside on the back swing, inside back to inside. Your current swing path will be outside to in, slightly. Good luck!  

Or just leaving this small fade alone, continually repeating stock-shots will be your best friend in must make pressure situations.:thumbsup:  

Edited by OBE

1 hour ago, OBE said:

So, for the golf ball to move left to right, you've imparted left to right spin on the ball also. This suggests you've slightly cut across the ball at impact. Try taking the club back more on the inside on the back swing, inside back to inside. Your current swing path will be outside to in, slightly. Good luck!  

Or just leaving this small fade alone, continually repeating stock-shots will be your best friend in must make pressure situations.:thumbsup:  

He doesn't have a fade, the ball is going left. 

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

He doesn't have a fade, the ball is going left. 

He amended his original post further down the thread...:thumbs_up:

I was baffled by his original post.

Edited by OBE

24 minutes ago, OBE said:

He amended his original post further down the thread...:thumbs_up:

I was baffled by his original post.

Ah! Sorry, missed that.