Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Just now, Jambo314 said:

Yes, all I can remember is him being quite a few years younger then me 😄 nice lad, as I'm sure you will agree, apart from being a hibby😁

Very nice lad but yeh not so good the Hibby bit.

The Jim Furyk look alike swing though😂  Short game to die for !!!

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Yes, all I can remember is him being quite a few years younger then me 😄 nice lad, as I'm sure you will agree, apart from being a hibby😁

Was big Hoggy not a Silverknowes Club Champion?

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Very nice lad but yeh not so good the Hibby bit.

The Jim Furyk look alike swing though😂  Short game to die for !!!

Anyone watching him on the first tee taking a practise swing would be saying to themselves ...easy money here, far from it!!😂😂

1 minute ago, Jambo314 said:

Yes Hoggy was another👍

Thanks Mate👍

Nice wee trip down memory lane.

Must get my Dispatch gold medal out and give it a wee respectful polish 

6 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Thanks Mate👍

Nice wee trip down memory lane.

Must get my Dispatch gold medal out and give it a wee respectful polish 

Pleasure pal .... and belated congratulations on you're winners medal👌

John mcCartney

I was over at Silverknowes last night

:peepwall:

took a 7 iron over and half a dozen balls.
got away with it at sunset for an hour.
felt great !!!!!!

1 minute ago, Jambo314 said:

Pleasure pal .... and belated congratulations on you're winners medal👌

Long time ago now - nearly 20 years:(

Thanks for reminding me though,brought back some cracking memories.

Some great times in the Dispatch

Stay safe, catch you at the Braids sometime soon I hope.

MM

2 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

felt great !!!!!!

You naughty naughty boy!! having to do with a net in the garden, not nearly the same.

4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Long time ago now - nearly 20 years:(

Thanks for reminding me though,brought back some cracking memories.

Some great times in the Dispatch

Stay safe, catch you at the Braids sometime soon I hope.

MM

Hope so.

7 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

felt great !!!!!!

Be surprised if there wasn't others doing the same lol

John mcCartney

I was the only one slashing away although there were punters walking with dogs,on their own and 2 geezers with bikes cooking something on a log at the bend at the 16th.........Im planning on more guerrilla raids.

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Victorian said:

Yep.  8, 14 & 16 are the best.    8 & 14 you're just hitting into nothing.    You know where you're hitting to but have no reference.    Plus you know that any kind of bum hit will be lost.    16 you just have to ignore the whins on the right and thread the needle.    13 is perilous if you can even reach the trouble on the right.    So many hazardous greens on the back 9.

8 is a superb hole. Tricky tee shot and testing approach shot to raised sloping green

I played there in a Lothians school event and drained a huge putt to go - 3. Stepped onto to 9 looking to play a nice high cut onto the Par 3. Carved it into the green side gorse! Reload. Repeat! 😂 

Good work undone! 

39 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

8 is a superb hole. Tricky tee shot and testing approach shot to raised sloping green

I played there in a Lothians school event and drained a huge putt to go - 3. Stepped onto to 9 looking to play a nice high cut onto the Par 3. Carved it into the green side gorse! Reload. Repeat! 😂 

Good work undone! 

Yep

Hit the tee shot as far left as possible, then you are playing more up the length of that nightmare green.

52 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Take pictures!!

It might be @John mcCartney

Who ever it was, looked like it was their first time ever swinging a club 😂. I was driving my 29 so only got a quick glimpse but he took 2 swings from what i saw with his driver and missed, the ball wasn't even teed up 😂.

27 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Who ever it was, looked like it was their first time ever swinging a club 😂. I was driving my 29 so only got a quick glimpse but he took 2 swings from what i saw with his driver and missed, the ball wasn't even teed up 😂.

Nobody on this thread then, we are ALL top quality golfers 👍

John mcCartney

:compute:

haha...at home,fin off a Lagunista whilst cookin dinner.

Il go undercover again at some point very soon.Sounds like those blokes had the whole kit with them ?
bags n trolleys etc

7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Speak for yourself :lol:

I am sure you have many golfing qualities Tommy👍

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Open Championship cancelled:(

Same venue at St George's in 2021.

Can only imagine the R&A never considered re-scheduling it as they want to maximise revenue. 

9 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Hey boyo 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼

5363B19E-F24A-4A49-BD9C-148DE040DB0D.jpeg

Wrong on so many counts, monobrow, pull trolly, black glove & socks, illegal driver, dirty knees and doesn't give a ***k for anybody apart from himself. If he's a member, it'll be his last round. Covidiot!

hmfc_liam06

Apparently there's been loads of folk playing the Glasgow council courses too, Bunkered had an article on it.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Apparently there's been loads of folk playing the Glasgow council courses too, Bunkered had an article on it.

Contagion stats back that up...📈

Bought new irons for this year and never used them once itching for a round or to hit balls but wouldn’t go to the length like that boy in the picture risking his own health and others should be banned if he is a member or charged if he just decided to walk on shocking behaviour.

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Contagion stats back that up...📈

Glenrothes posted on Facebook about folk still playing their course, photo's posted in the comments of someone out there today.

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Wrong on so many counts, monobrow, pull trolly, black glove & socks, illegal driver, dirty knees and doesn't give a ***k for anybody apart from himself. If he's a member, it'll be his last round. Covidiot!

I can't be certain what colour of footwear is being worn in the pic, but white socks with black footwear would not be acceptable... 😉 

A member of Pitreavie has advised me the picture was posted on their Facebook. The guy IS a member and was called out. He's apologised etc... 

A guy was caught at Balbirnie Park by Police at the weekend. No doubt picked up a fine. 

Some folk are just clueless. 

4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I can't be certain what colour of footwear is being worn in the pic, but white socks with black footwear would not be acceptable... 😉 

A member of Pitreavie has advised me the picture was posted on their Facebook. The guy IS a member and was called out. He's apologised etc... 

A guy was caught at Balbirnie Park by Police at the weekend. No doubt picked up a fine. 

Some folk are just clueless. 

Exposed on FB, I can imagine the stigma that'll ensue will be intolerable, but saying that, if he's as thick as his actions, then he may well be immune to derision. :wacko2:

Yes, some folk are clueless, his actions were Ill thought out, which makes him clueless and potentially very dangerous, I'm worried...these tards could bury Great Britain.

On 07/04/2020 at 09:14, Old Blue Eyes said:

Hahaha your observation skills are world

class! “Dirty knees” 😆😆😆

Apparently there's a petition kicking about to allow the public access to golf courses so they can go for walks. GTF!

If they open up golf courses it should be for the members to use, not every Tom, Dick and Harry, trampling around over the greens with their dogs shitting everywhere. 

35 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Apparently there's a petition kicking about to allow the public access to golf courses so they can go for walks. GTF!

If they open up golf courses it should be for the members to use, not every Tom, Dick and Harry, trampling around over the greens with their dogs shitting everywhere. 

Hopefully cant see this Ray.

Maintenance work still ongoing on courses , so danger to public etc

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Out working yesterday and drove past The Merchants, it had loads of kids and families running around and walking on it

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, SectionG said:

Out working yesterday and drove past The Merchants, it had loads of kids and families running around and walking on it

We've had kids playing in our bunkers.

2 guys photographed on their mountain bikes.

Why do ***** think it's suddenly ok to use a golf course for their daily exercise?

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, SectionG said:

That’s just ****ing ignorant. Could easily have gone for a walk up craiglochart hill. 

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Why do ***** think it's suddenly ok to use a golf course for their daily exercise?

So courses are closed cos its not safe to play golf, but people think its ok to walk about or go on bikes, what is the difference FFS.

The ignorance of the general public knows no bounds, plus greenkeepers' are still working on courses. Health and Safety!!!!

4 hours ago, SectionG said:

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Now, if the mountain bikes were on the Merchants, come on, who could complain?...:sneaky:

16 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Now, if the mountain bikes were on the Merchants, come on, who could complain?...:sneaky:

Only people with one leg shorter than the other are able to walk on the Merchants anyway:whistling:

Merchants is a cracking little white knuckle ride of a track.    Once had a putt for 29 back there.   Next time out I shot 90 for the 18.

Edited by Victorian

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, merrymac said:

So courses are closed cos its not safe to play golf, but people think its ok to walk about or go on bikes, what is the difference FFS.

The ignorance of the general public knows no bounds, plus greenkeepers' are still working on courses. Health and Safety!!!!

I've headed along a couple times to check on the place, committee member though so not just random visits.

43 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I've headed along a couple times to check on the place, committee member though so not just random visits.

Good job Liam.

Courses need protected at the moment.

spirt of 98

I saw a guy running laps of Mortonhall 18th green headed over for a nice chat with him but he ran off when he saw me approach. There are constantly people on bikes cycling on the fairways and sometimes over tees. 

The club have put up signs asking people not to walk on the fairways, tees or greens but guess what the twits that normally sit in the house on ipads can’t read. 

on a further note who thinks clubs have to give members money back on their fees or heavily discounted next years subscription to make up for this year? 

Tommy Brown
48 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

I saw a guy running laps of Mortonhall 18th green headed over for a nice chat with him but he ran off when he saw me approach. There are constantly people on bikes cycling on the fairways and sometimes over tees. 

The club have put up signs asking people not to walk on the fairways, tees or greens but guess what the twits that normally sit in the house on ipads can’t read. 

on a further note who thinks clubs have to give members money back on their fees or heavily discounted next years subscription to make up for this year? 

Different club structures.

My club is private, shortfalls have to be met by members. We have applied for a grant of £25k in the expectations of floating members not renewing. Wouldn't dream of asking for a refund.

Places like Deer Park, subscription attached with leisure, next to no voting rights. They may get hit.

Hopefully, a one off year, if you can afford, keep paying. If not, tough decisions. Don't want to see clubs in bother .

hmfc_liam06

I'm the same Tommy, asking for a refund has never even entered my head, and to my knowledge, no one at our club has asked either.

I think we're going to have to get creative to try and get folk to re-join though. I'm thinking of proposing our year fully begins on re-open. We're usually March - February.

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'm the same Tommy, asking for a refund has never even entered my head, and to my knowledge, no one at our club has asked either.

I think we're going to have to get creative to try and get folk to re-join though. I'm thinking of proposing our year fully begins on re-open. We're usually March - February.

Unworkable, Liam.

It's effectively giving a discount. Do all seasons start at new date.

New members pay a pro rata up to March, yes.