Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Just now, SectionG said:

That’s no a bunker, that’s Armageddon’s divot. 😂

Haha it's a beast! But you really shouldn't be in it. It's a 120 yard par 3 with that bunker being a bit behind the green. Green is huge and slopes from back to front too. You've had a shocker if you find it.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Just in case anybody is under any illusions you might be getting a bargain :lol: 

Oooft! That fake looks horrendous to hit :lol: 

On 02/11/2019 at 19:21, hmfc_liam06 said:

The car park and clubhouse were let downs for a course of its standing but can't fault the course itself. A good mix of holes.

Yeah I dropped a ball down and my cousin videoed me flush it clean out and through to the shite at the front of the green :lol:

Unbelievable eh?  "I'm playing Dundonald, cannot wait" ... then you drive up this shitty road with the feeling you're about to be the victim of a gangland murder then see these huts from the early 90's.  Weird combination.

On 02/11/2019 at 21:36, SectionG said:

That’s no a bunker, that’s Armageddon’s divot. 😂

Haha I dumped a body under mine.

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Unbelievable eh?  "I'm playing Dundonald, cannot wait" ... then you drive up this shitty road with the feeling you're about to be the victim of a gangland murder then see these huts from the early 90's.  Weird combination.

Aye it just feels wrong. You have the fancy sign and the security gates, gives you the impression you're about to drive into something pretty special then you hit the car park straight out of some dodgy gypsy site.

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Image may contain: grass, outdoor and nature

15 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Where did you get that mat from @Armageddon? Been after one like that for a while.

You can have it Liam, looks like Arma's not got a ****ing clue what to do with that thing, kicked the ball to the 1st cut as usual probably.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Where did you get that mat from @Armageddon? Been after one like that for a while.

It's suspiciously the same size as the divot he took last month... 🤔

They look to be the same type as the ones the St Andrews Links have in supply. 

1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

You can have it Liam, looks like Arma's not got a ****ing clue what to do with that thing, kicked the ball to the 1st cut as usual probably.

:rofl:

41 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It's suspiciously the same size as the divot he took last month... 🤔

They look to be the same type as the ones the St Andrews Links have in supply. 

So what you're saying is take a trip to St Andrews and bump one...? :lol:

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

So what you're saying is take a trip to St Andrews and bump one...? :lol:

I'm sure they wouldn't miss one. 😄 

Disser Pointon

Lundin Links on Sunday, first game for a few weeks and probably last for a bit as I'm getting a knee op at the beginning of December. Glad the season has come to an end actually, worst scoring year ever and I've fallen out of love with the game a bit, so happy to give it a break.

2 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Lundin Links on Sunday, first game for a few weeks and probably last for a bit as I'm getting a knee op at the beginning of December. Glad the season has come to an end actually, worst scoring year ever and I've fallen out of love with the game a bit, so happy to give it a break.

It was playing brilliantly a few weeks back.

Played The Nairn at the weekend , I knew they had been making changes and are doing more this winter to it, but I was disappointed with the new fairway bunkers they have put in , got rid of the pot bunkers for some out of place looking ones that you’d expect to see on a inland track. I’m sure there’s a member on here that posts , I’d be interested to hear his views on them? I love the new greens they’ve put in and tee’s, but those bunkers are dreadful. 

Disser Pointon
On 08/11/2019 at 14:51, hmfc_liam06 said:

It was playing brilliantly a few weeks back.

It was excellent and we got it just about as benign as you ever will. Played decent as well for the first time this year, including a 100yd slam dunk!

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

It was excellent and we got it just about as benign as you ever will. Played decent as well for the first time this year, including a 100yd slam dunk!

Very nice course. It feels that two of the holes on the back 9 are out of place (par 3 up the hill and hole that follows which runs parallel with the road. Good holes in their own right but just don't have the links feel. 

Eddie Pepperell saw himself disqualified from the Turkish Airlines Open after a very unique incident.

The Englishman was playing his third round when he reached the par-5 fourth hole, having started on the back nine, when disaster struck.

Pepperell had just come off of back-to-back bogeys and then hit his ball into the water on the 4th hole before hitting another four or five more in the drink.

He was officially disqualified for “failure to complete a hole.”

Despite running out of golf balls, players can ask fellow competitors to borrow a ball, something Pepperell opted not to do.

He was level par at the time and would have likely dropped to last place had he completed the hole anyway.

European Ryder Cup captain Padraig Harrington also struggled with the 4th hole after making a 10 earlier in the week.

“I ran out of golf balls, it was literally that,” Pepperell said.

“It’s not happened before, at least not to me.

“I don’t know exactly [how many golf balls he lost] but it was a good few.

“I lost a few when going round, I know that, and then I ran out.”

Read more at https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/tour-news/eddie-pepperell-disqualified-for-running-out-of-balls-188447#BFsioUj43CFfQsl2.99

:lol:

30 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

No chance I'd give a penny of my money towards that ****s coffers, no matter how nice the course may be.

😂 what if you were offered a freebie ?

16 minutes ago, sinks said:

Anybody been custom fitted for a putter at American golf?

Do they actually fit it for you or do they just try to sell you stock putter?

I've done a SAM Lab session with them. It seemed more focused on getting a putter to suit your stroke rather than looking at shafts etc.

It was really useful and I walked away with a putter that suited my stroke. Improved my putting no end.

The 5th at Glencorse off the back tees.

30 years ago when I was a junior member there it was driver if going for the green and 5 iron to lay up short of the burn.

Fast forward to 2019, what are people hitting of the back tee to reach the green? If I remember correctly it’s 225 yards long?

Just curious and comparing distances between the years.

Edited by Vlad Magic

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

The 5th at Glencorse off the back tees.

30 years ago when I was a junior member there it was driver if going for the green and 5 iron to lay up short of the burn.

Fast forward to 2019, what are people hitting of the back tee to reach the green? If I remember correctly it’s 225 yards long?

Just curious and comparing distances between the years.

I'd be hitting a 3 wood (15 handicap).

5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I've done a SAM Lab session with them. It seemed more focused on getting a putter to suit your stroke rather than looking at shafts etc.

It was really useful and I walked away with a putter that suited my stroke. Improved my putting no end.

Thanks Liam

Home after a great weekend, Liam G on Thursday then Trump on Friday, I’m still aching after Trump - physically and emotionally!!  I’ve played it twice before and yet again I’m left feeling I’m nowhere near good enough to score around there, we played off the green tees (5900y) and I was round in 81 off 7.  It’s a phenomenal course, the par 3’s are all beautiful and the 18th we played from the black tees (651y) which was breathtaking.  My mate is a member and signed me and the boy on for £40 each, which is a bonus, but whatever you pay you won’t be disappointed.

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Home after a great weekend, Liam G on Thursday then Trump on Friday, I’m still aching after Trump - physically and emotionally!!  I’ve played it twice before and yet again I’m left feeling I’m nowhere near good enough to score around there, we played off the green tees (5900y) and I was round in 81 off 7.  It’s a phenomenal course, the par 3’s are all beautiful and the 18th we played from the black tees (651y) which was breathtaking.  My mate is a member and signed me and the boy on for £40 each, which is a bonus, but whatever you pay you won’t be disappointed.

Good stuff. Do you know what the Scottish resident visitor rate is? 

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Good stuff. Do you know what the Scottish resident visitor rate is? 

Dont quote me on it but I'm sure its 125.

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Dont quote me on it but I'm sure its 125.

Not too bad for the standard of course. 

I'm possibly doing Cruden Bay next summer so will look to incorporate a visit there into the jaunt north. 

I just seen a Bunkered link telling that Dollar GC will close.

Old workmate belongs there and was a member. Never ever went for a game, meant to be a bit Torphin.

Opened in 1890, sad.

Last month, Polmont golf club shut up shop also. I forgot it was even there. Another of not good reputation, but sad to hear of clubs closing down.

12 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I just seen a Bunkered link telling that Dollar GC will close.

Old workmate belongs there and was a member. Never ever went for a game, meant to be a bit Torphin.

Opened in 1890, sad.

Last month, Polmont golf club shut up shop also. I forgot it was even there. Another of not good reputation, but sad to hear of clubs closing down.

Aye closing down at the end of the year.

There's been a few fold the last few months. Newmachar is also in a very bad way, £1.3m in debt.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

There's been a few fold the last few months. Newmachar is also in a very bad way, £1.3m in debt.

FFS, never knew that. that's on this year's bucket list.

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Trump next hopefully.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

My cousin is a member there, tells me there was something smelly about the building of their driving range and the £200k overspend!

Disser Pointon
On 22/11/2019 at 09:41, hmfc_liam06 said:

Anyone played Stirling? On the list for this weekend.

Good track, I've got mates who are members. Not sure it will be at its best this time of year though.

24 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Good track, I've got mates who are members. Not sure it will be at its best this time of year though.

Aye I think we'll likely give it a bye given todays rain. Probably head up to the Fairmont.

@Samuel Camazzola they still full course, no mats?

Samuel Camazzola
22 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Aye I think we'll likely give it a bye given todays rain. Probably head up to the Fairmont.

@Samuel Camazzola they still full course, no mats?

The only mats are the ones on the range. 

Full tees and greens. The greens were treated late September and were running great last weekend. Just wish folk would repair their pitch marks! There will likely be same spots on the fairway a bit on the soft side due to the amount of rain. 

A few bunkers are being rebuilt and are classed as GUR. 

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

The only mats are the ones on the range. 

Full tees and greens. The greens were treated late September and were running great last weekend. Just wish folk would repair their pitch marks! There will likely be same spots on the fairway a bit on the soft side due to the amount of rain. 

A few bunkers are being rebuilt and are classed as GUR. 

Perfect cheers mate.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Perfect cheers mate.

Charleton is usually in good nick and cheaper too. 

I'm sure Lundin is £35 and Leven £30 this time of year. 

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Charleton is usually in good nick and cheaper too. 

I'm sure Lundin is £35 and Leven £30 this time of year. 

Leven are mats. Just trying to get a course that'll be semi-dry.