• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Avoid Balbirnie. 😂 

Oh aye I'll be nowhere near there. Played their open in August and it was a bog then, can only imagine the state of it now.

John mcCartney
On 23/11/2019 at 11:59, Samuel Camazzola said:

Just wish folk would repair their pitch marks! There will likely be same spots on the fairway a bit on the soft side due to the amount of rain. 

everytime Im having a round on one of the courses Im like a fecking ostrich on the greens Samuel,major bugbear of mine at the Fairmont.....why dont punters repair the pitchmarks.
I see them quite near the hole as well,thats taking the proverbial that is......
hoping to head there on Sunday,I see its a return of cold n clear weather for the weekend.

Pitch marks at my course are also an absolute disgrace. They’ve put new signs up, numerous emails and anything else you can think of and it does nothing. If I was the greenkeeper I’d sit at the side of a green for a few hours and have a good go at the culprits. 

11 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

everytime Im having a round on one of the courses Im like a fecking ostrich on the greens Samuel,major bugbear of mine at the Fairmont.....why dont punters repair the pitchmarks.
I see them quite near the hole as well,thats taking the proverbial that is......
hoping to head there on Sunday,I see its a return of cold n clear weather for the weekend.

It definitely does seem a bigger issue at resort type courses, probably because folk are playing it once and not giving any ****s. Disgrace really.

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Barack said:

My Dad's course where he's Captain, won a national award the other week.

St. Fillan's, is officially the best 9 hole golf course in Scotland.

You know who to ask if you want reduced rates, if you're ever in the neighbourhood. ;)

Good accolade. 9 hole golf is the way forward for clubs to attract new members, encourage juniors to take it up and operate a sustainable model. 

Samuel Camazzola
33 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well, they've increased membership again this year. Changed the catering(also shortlisted in the same ceremony) to offer food & functions virtually year round, which has brought in more outside non-golfer custom.     

They've nabbed one of the greenkeepers from Gleneagles, who's turned the drainage around & made it properly playable even in winter. And continue to have Sandy Lyle's public support & appearances. Nick Dougherty and SKY, have been up & done their thing as well.

Great stuff. 

I had earmarked it last year to play in a Scramble Open but the date ended up clashing with another event. Will look to book it early for next season. 

On 25/11/2019 at 23:12, Irufushi said:

Pitch marks at my course are also an absolute disgrace. They’ve put new signs up, numerous emails and anything else you can think of and it does nothing. If I was the greenkeeper I’d sit at the side of a green for a few hours and have a good go at the culprits. 

On 26/11/2019 at 09:08, hmfc_liam06 said:

It definitely does seem a bigger issue at resort type courses, probably because folk are playing it once and not giving any ****s. Disgrace really.

Hark at you two mumping about basic course etiquette not being adhered to, chill out FFS eh?...:tongue: 

1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Hark at you two mumping about basic course etiquette not being adhered to, chill out FFS eh?...:tongue: 

:rofl:

John mcCartney
5 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

LOL......winter greens this weekend looking like.Really wantin to have a round with a view of thst sea this weekend.
Who has the best winter greens .

The Mighty Thor
43 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

LOL......winter greens this weekend looking like.Really wantin to have a round with a view of thst sea this weekend.
Who has the best winter greens .

Pretty white on the grass already tonight at Dunbar which no doubt means temps for the early risers tomorrow ☹

John mcCartney

no doubt chief ......Im totally happy having a go in very cold conditions,just this winter green conundrum

How to swerve,hopefully Fairmont is ok on Sunday but Im thinking no chance with a -4 overnight.....

On 29/11/2019 at 15:08, Old Blue Eyes said:

Top class!! 😆😆😆

10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Top class!! 😆😆😆

Stealth recruitment process in action right there, I now have two liuetenants...:tank:

On 09/12/2019 at 10:35, Ray Gin said:

Cheating ****

Haha these wee things make me laugh, although if it was in my local medal I'd be rolling around punching lumps out the boy!

What takes the edge of it for me is it's not classed as a bunker and this could easily have been leaves or pine needles.  I also like it when Paddy Reed winds people up.

Allegedly, Reed has previous for cheating. His ignorance of basic rules is totally unacceptable. The mans arrogance won't allow the ensuing stigma to affect him. He's got sticky fingers also.

2 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Anybody tried the Titleist T300 irons out, got a chance at a nearly new set for a good price?

Steel or carbon shafts  ?

Samuel Camazzola
13 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

P Reed getting it tight in the Presidents...lost all 3 matches...mon the internationals. 

His caddie (also his brother in law) has been emptied from the course for pushing a fan. 😂

I don't mind Paddy but he's got things so wrong the last couple of weeks. 

On 16/12/2019 at 20:26, hmfc_liam06 said:

This winter has been brutal for golf. If it's not pishing down and 40mph winds it's -5 and inch thick frost.

:sob:

And very cold, love to get out and play but need help to get out there :sad:.

The towel looks non-absorbent, head covers look like welders gauntlets, the wedges could be used for raking the hearth and the bag looks like the monster thing you see in a pro shop housing similar crap. HMFC marketing, have a word FFS!

The only thing I would pay for is rocking up tuition...:punk: Ho Ho Ho.

Happy and safe festive season to you all.

6 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Just IMO, football should be nowhere near golf.

It just crass.

Oh, I don't know about that.

Marking your ball 1-5 with a maroon sharpie for identification purposes is a routine of mine 😎

54 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Oh, I don't know about that.

Marking your ball 1-5 with a maroon sharpie for identification purposes is a routine of mine 😎

:lol:

Samuel Camazzola
47 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Might get a game tomorrow -Some Christmas day golf with my mum and dad.....  

Anyone else on the course on the 25th? 

The Old Course is available as a freebie tomorrow. 👍 

John mcCartney

Il have 9 holes at Old course Musselburgh tomorrow Xmas day,over to Fairmont on Friday.

the freebie for St Andrews ,is that for Links Trust members ?

Sounds superb.

Samuel Camazzola
9 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

how how how

Always free to play to anyone on Christmas Day (unless it falls on a Sunday and it's likely there will be no pins). 

I work with a guy who used to caddie there. He's played it a few times on Christmas morning. There is no starter so you just join the queue and tee off when it's your turn. 

I intend to go next year.  

Edited by Samuel Camazzola

3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Always free to play to anyone on Christmas Day (unless it falls on a Sunday and it's likely there will be no pins). 

I work with a guy who used to caddie there. He's played it a few times on Christmas morning. There is no starter so you just join the queue and tee off when it's your turn. 

I intend to go next year.  

Kickback golf gibber outing for 2020 sorted.

What time do we meet at the tee.

:santa2:

Managed a cracking 18 holes around Gullane number 3 today.. what a beautiful day for golf.  The course was in great condition, greens are brilliant. 

Played with my mum and dad.. really enjoyed it.