Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

7 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Oh im quite happy to laugh at my bad rounds. It was pathetic really. Just cba with someone who im assuming is decent at the game, lording it over others. Especially when they never say their scores. 

Haha I’m shite btw.  Play off 6 but can’t break 90 these days, game has gone to utter shite, only off 6 because I’m not playing medals and submitting scores as I’d rocket 🚀  and lose all interest in the game.  All down to a serious drop in fitness.

Edited by Armageddon

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Oh im quite happy to laugh at my bad rounds. It was pathetic really. Just cba with someone who im assuming is decent at the game, lording it over others. Especially when they never say their scores. 

Don't get angry. The intent is to reel someone in and you have been the 'big fish' this time. 

On the other hand, he is a solid player but his intent is not lord it over others - simply banter. 👍 

63 gross for me today 😅

can neither confirm nor deny that it was a par 63 that I played… 😂. Either way I won’t be bowling next week. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, OBE said:

European Ryder cup team has 7 players in the top 10 at Wentworth...:sweeet:

Impressive final hole from Rai, Hatton, Rahm and Fox too. Rai and Rahm not far away from an eagle and Fox and Hatton secured birdies the conservative way. 

Worth starting a Ryder Cup thread or just keep it all on here?

Really fancy Europe now. We have a very strong team with a lot of players appearing to be peaking at just the right time.

On 12/09/2023 at 15:54, Rudi Skacel said:

20 points today. Shocking 🤣

You are way better than that mate.

If it’s any consolation I started 3,4,4 then stuck it in a bunker, left it in the bunker, thinned next OB!!

NR!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Samuel Camazzola
51 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Worth starting a Ryder Cup thread or just keep it all on here?

Really fancy Europe now. We have a very strong team with a lot of players appearing to be peaking at just the right time.

There's already one. Just needs a bump. 👍 

Pasquale for King

I was unsuccessful in getting a ticket for the Thursday at The Open next year, gutted. Could go to the practice days or hospitality but wouldn’t be the same. Must be the weak pound encouraging tourists to apply for tickets, never had an issue in the last 20 odd years. 

Samuel Camazzola
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was unsuccessful in getting a ticket for the Thursday at The Open next year, gutted. Could go to the practice days or hospitality but wouldn’t be the same. Must be the weak pound encouraging tourists to apply for tickets, never had an issue in the last 20 odd years. 

There will be more released at a later date. 

I'll either go Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Prefer watching the final rounds on TV. 

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

There will be more released at a later date. 

I'll either go Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Prefer watching the final rounds on TV. 

Yeah they said that about more tickets of those that can’t go, prefer the Thursday as it’s quieter but obviously not anymore. 

Just a bit of a bummer but I will survive. 

Statts1976uk
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/67027603

This would be a lot of fun. Especially when the Americans (and others) keep calling it the British Open. 

Tattie munchers would go radge!

What worries me about this is whether it's the start of these sort of events going overseas every so often. What's not to say that one year, for example the 175th, that they'll say they are doing something special like holding it in Saudi or China as long as the money is right.

6 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/67027603

This would be a lot of fun. Especially when the Americans (and others) keep calling it the British Open. 

Tattie munchers would go radge!

Can of worms and not just in terms of British Open remaining arguably correct (British Isles).

Should stay in the UK or before you know it it'll be in Saudi.

Edited by Taffin

I P Knightley
16 hours ago, Taffin said:

Can of worms and not just in terms of British Open remaining arguably correct (British Isles).

Should stay in the UK or before you know it it'll be in Saudi.

That's exactly the line of argument that those in the Republic of Ireland just love to hear!!

It's not as if GB & NI are short of top quality links courses to host The Open. Portmarnock's a fine course, too, but it would be a gimmick to play there.

On 07/10/2023 at 14:12, I P Knightley said:

That's exactly the line of argument that those in the Republic of Ireland just love to hear!!

It's not as if GB & NI are short of top quality links courses to host The Open. Portmarnock's a fine course, too, but it would be a gimmick to play there.

Bad enough NI getting the Open, But fecking Ireland. Feck off. (Not you, bud)

I P Knightley
30 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Bad enough NI getting the Open, But fecking Ireland. Feck off. (Not you, bud)

I'll feck off if you want me to :D

If it's The "British" Open (which it is, technically), there's no harm putting it on in Norn Iron or Wales, come to think of it. But not in the Republic of Ireland, no siree! Might as well put it on in Belgium. ferchrissakes.

12 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'll feck off if you want me to :D

If it's The "British" Open (which it is, technically), there's no harm putting it on in Norn Iron or Wales, come to think of it. But not in the Republic of Ireland, no siree! Might as well put it on in Belgium. ferchrissakes.

I wouldn't put it past them, playing it in America, if they were paid enough. 

Gibraltar, Falklands, Mann, and Jersey have more right to the Open than Ireland. 

Edited by ri Alban

31 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I wouldn't put it past them, playing it in America, if they were paid enough. 

Whe the pulled the plug on BBC in favour ou ppv, was a step to far for me.

Dublin and beyond is not fantastical in their eyes.

Gredy *******s 

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Gredy *******s 

:Agree:

Gredy *******s 

Saudi Arabia will want some.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Good to see you back, you've been posted MIA.😁

Sourcing good quality hanging rope and hungry Lions must've been harder than he thought!

19 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Sourcing good quality hanging rope and hungry Lions must've been harder than he thought!

Fuel was more the problem. Buses don't run themselves. 😉

Played  a Texas Scramble at my club yesterday - Was quite freeing just being able to be aggressive on every shot - trying to blast every drive and not worry about pin positions and bunkers - 

Played 2 'World Class' shots that I wouldn't have even usually tried over bunkers into tight pins - my playing partners were both amazed and confused considering the last time I tried something like that I was 60 yrds through the green with a sore wrist to go with it ... think Thinned to Feck! ... 

But these things are always fun, everyone was involved and we left the course kicking ourselves as we didn't hole a putt longer than 5 foot... lovely sunny day though! 

37 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Played  a Texas Scramble at my club yesterday - Was quite freeing just being able to be aggressive on every shot - trying to blast every drive and not worry about pin positions and bunkers - 

Played 2 'World Class' shots that I wouldn't have even usually tried over bunkers into tight pins - my playing partners were both amazed and confused considering the last time I tried something like that I was 60 yrds through the green with a sore wrist to go with it ... think Thinned to Feck! ... 

But these things are always fun, everyone was involved and we left the course kicking ourselves as we didn't hole a putt longer than 5 foot... lovely sunny day though! 

Leven?

52 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

I withdrew from ours, but you've changed my mind.👍

44 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I withdrew from ours, but you've changed my mind.👍

Also hit my driver off the Deck 4 times - 2 good, 2... not so good

52 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Also hit my driver off the Deck 4 times - 2 good, 2... not so good

👍

I'll wait until I put my R1 in the bag for the winter,  before hitting fairway driver. The Stealth ain't getting used for that.

Edited by ri Alban

On 15/10/2023 at 23:28, ri Alban said:

I watched this the other day, I quite like the idea as long as they use the man hours to make course improvements elsewhere, and the idea that the fairways are being cut and fresh for the morning is ideal.

6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

My putting is a disgrace at the moment. Think I’m going to try something completely different.

Bowls?????

Who’s still actually playing golf at this time of the year? Might have the occasional links round but **** playing parkland now, absolutely mud pits. Not enjoyable.

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Who’s still actually playing golf at this time of the year? Might have the occasional links round but **** playing parkland now, absolutely mud pits. Not enjoyable.

Aye, hate mats over winter but I love playing golf, one or two rounds a week I still try to do unless the weather is really shite. 

Still try to play Pumphy (no mats) over winter. Hate winter greens though.

Playing the Winter Series at Fairmont, gives 5 games for £190 (ouch). Might get a 6th round in the final. Just missed out last year.

Messed up the seventeen and eighteen.  I was heading for mid 80 round and ended up with a 6 and 7. :yadayada: 

Still leading by 9 shots. Getting cut the feck, I've been telt. :rofl:

Hit my first 300+ yard drive in about 20 years. :yas:

Edited by ri Alban

Samuel Camazzola

Still try to play Pumphy (no mats) over winter. Hate winter greens though.

Playing the Winter Series at Fairmont, gives 5 games for £190 (ouch). Might get a 6th round in the final. Just missed out last year.

There may be mats getting used on occasion for the first time ever. 🙈 The courses will be on a two week rotation (but both opened for weekends) so should be in great nick if not saturated and day-trippers repair their pitch marks. 

Regarding the series, I never got around to fulfilling the rounds last year but from the one before, there was a host of bandit scores being posted. The guys running it confirmed they were ensuring the scores were being returned to the home clubs for them to count towards WHS as the players looked to have been avoiding this over the piece. 

35 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

There may be mats getting used on occasion for the first time ever. 🙈 The courses will be on a two week rotation (but both opened for weekends) so should be in great nick if not saturated and day-trippers repair their pitch marks. 

Regarding the series, I never got around to fulfilling the rounds last year but from the one before, there was a host of bandit scores being posted. The guys running it confirmed they were ensuring the scores were being returned to the home clubs for them to count towards WHS as the players looked to have been avoiding this over the piece. 

Not bad last year, scores seemed fair , not many 40+. None of mine made whs.

Edit

Also played a seniors stableford in March. It never made whs either.

Edited by Tommy Brown