Top Top Man / Pressley interview (merged threads)

magicTs

The White Cockade

Mr Mitty at it again

His fantasy world must be an amazing place

better if he stayed there and gave the rest of us a break from his bigoted and paranoid pish............

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Mitty at it again

His fantasy world must be an amazing place

better if he stayed there and gave the rest of us a break from his bigoted and paranoid pish............

He doesnt have a bigoted bone in his body **!!!!:xmastongue:

** Must be a bit floppy then!!!:)

As a player, I felt Pressley was at his best from 2000 to 2003.

There is no doubt he lost a yard of pace in the last few years of his time with us, but he had a great partnership with Webster to see him through.

I thought he was great leader and a good player; He was our captain, our leader, an inspiration.

But I thought he made a big mistake going public at the 'Riccarton 3'. For me, it achieved nothing but bad news for Hearts. He must have realised that Vlad wouldn't have stood for it. It was a PR disaster, even though I had sympathy with his situation. If he had displeasure to convey, he could have done it in other ways. I looked at the body language. It was like Paul Hartley goaded him, and Craig Gordon just wanted the ground the open up and swallow him.

As for his chest-thumping. I was there, and I saw it directed towards the Celtic fans in the Roseburn Stand. It was a kick in the teeth for many Hearts fans, but I didn't really bother me though. I thought he looked like a choob, but I understand that commited footballers like him with thump their chest for whoever pays their wages. Pressley hacked a lot of Hearts supporters off that day. But he was just being Steven Pressley, Celtic player. I was more gutted about the result.

Riccarton Three, though was his big mistake.

Steven Pressley was a Hearts captain who brought the Scottish Cup back to Gorgie. Over time, I hope that's how he's most (and best) remembered.

Buffalo Bill

Archived