Top Top Man / Pressley interview (merged threads)

magicTs

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Saturday-interview-with-Steven-Pressley.4790472.jp

"I still have a huge emotional pull towards Hearts," he said. "It was an enormous part of my life at a great club where I had some fantastic times as a player. It was a big wrench when I left the club and a very emotional time. I was there for eight and a half years, many of them as captain.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great player.

Anyone who disagrees is a mini-hun. FACT.

We could probably run a book on who is the first poster to add an 'h' to Pressley.

Still a legend in my book - so what if he did an 'up yours' to VR - bet he's not the last to do so!

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Saturday-interview-with-Steven-Pressley.4790472.jp

"I still have a huge emotional pull towards Hearts," he said. "It was an enormous part of my life at a great club where I had some fantastic times as a player. It was a big wrench when I left the club and a very emotional time. I was there for eight and a half years, many of them as captain.

Still no apology for his actions, he can do one.

I'm still waiting on an explanation of why he came back to Tynecastle and behaved so despicably. An anti Romanov agenda was not enough reason. I remember saying previously (and hate to say it at this moment) but if John Cumming was ever made to leave Hearts for one of the Old Firm could he have ever reacted in that manner?

Loved Pressley.

Held the club together in very difficult times. FACT

A few posters on here weren't around then so they'll have to take my word for it. :xmasgrin:

loveofthegame

Suprised a Falkirk or someone like that have not taken a punt on Pressley, sure he's not the kind of guy to demand mega bucks at this stage in his career.

Was always a hero of mine when he was at Tynie who sadly tainted it slightly that fateful day. Still remember him with much fondness though, just won't go down in history as a Mr Hearts as he might have done were it not for his actions.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Had a lot of time for him and he always gave his all for the jersey.

What people must remember is he was forced to leave a club he spent most of his playing career at just because he was concerned about what was happening and had the nuts to stand and be counted!

I have spoken with him since the cellic incident and he said it was a rash thing to do but it was aimed as a GIRUY to vlad and no-one else!

Aw naw. Not a-*******-gain.

:banghead2:

But I thought this was a weekly tradition - part of JKB's heritage, no? :xmasbabe:

For Christs sake, the guy gives 100% to whoever he plays for. An admirable quality. At the risk of sounding like a broken record if it wasn't Celtic it wouldn't have been such a big deal.

Didn't like him at Rangers.

Didn't like him at Dundee United.

Loved him at Hearts.

Didn't like him at Celtic.

A pattern emerges.

I'm still waiting on an explanation of why he came back to Tynecastle and behaved so despicably. An anti Romanov agenda was not enough reason. I remember saying previously (and hate to say it at this moment) but if John Cumming was ever made to leave Hearts for one of the Old Firm could he have ever reacted in that manner?

Dave

To use John Cumming and him in the same sentence is an unfortunate mistake. It would also be a perfect example of the misuse of the word "legend". JC was a prince among men, a hard but fair competitor with no little skill, did not resort to dirty tactics or feigned diving and above all was a gentlemen respected by friend and foe alike.

Didn't like him at Rangers.

Didn't like him at Dundee United.

Loved him at Hearts.

Didn't like him at Celtic.

A pattern emerges.

Why, did you like him at Randers?

Had a lot of time for him and he always gave his all for the jersey.

What people must remember is he was forced to leave a club he spent most of his playing career at just because he was concerned about what was happening and had the nuts to stand and be counted!

I have spoken with him since the cellic incident and he said it was a rash thing to do but it was aimed as a GIRUY to vlad and no-one else!

I'm sorry i dont buy that.

I was there Vlad wasn't.

Why, did you like him at Randers?

Missed out them and Coventry because when he played for them, I couldn't care less. :)

Just resent it being implied I'm a bigot because I didn't like a player who went to a major rival and rammed it up us when he came back.

Dave

To use John Cumming and him in the same sentence is an unfortunate mistake. It would also be a perfect example of the misuse of the word "legend". JC was a prince among men, a hard but fair competitor with no little skill, did not resort to dirty tactics or feigned diving and above all was a gentlemen respected by friend and foe alike.

Whilst entirely agreeing that John Cumming is a Hearts legend he played in an era about 50 years ago meaning a large % of our fans were unfortunate to miss him pulling on the famous maroon. He was a hero to our fathers and grandfathers. For our younger supporters Steven Pressley was a more recent Hearts hero.

I'm sorry i dont buy that.

I was there Vlad wasn't.

You must be a particularly sensitive little sole to be offended but such a gesture. I honestly can't understand how spineless some of our support are to be worried about a guy (a top professional) being happy at the end of a very hard faught win.

You must be a particularly sensitive little sole to be offended but such a gesture. I honestly can't understand how spineless some of our support are to be worried about a guy (a top professional) being happy at the end of a very hard faught win.

Tough.

We all now know what kind of professional he is.

Glad your team won.

:xmascrazy:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Great player.

Anyone who disagrees is a mini-hun. FACT.

Watch out, i was infracted for calling someone timmy, mini-hun will probably land you in the same boat.

PS Stephen Pressley is a Rhat.

Tough.

We all now know what kind of professional he is.

Glad your team won.

:xmascrazy:

Hahaha. Good response, in keeping with your sensitive nature.

scott herbertson

exactly

a top player for us

and anyone who can't admit that is bitter, small and a bit of a chit

Crawlin bar steward

now lookiin for employment

Thump Thump

get the f....

Charlie-Brown

Very good player for us for about 6.5 of his 8 years although was getting much slower & past it towards the end, unfortunate how he left but then he did an ill-advised and ultimately stupid thing, upset some Hearts fans by signing for Celtic and then his actions at Tynie didn't exactly endear him to those fans especially when you contrast them to how Hartley has acted since signing for Celts, Iam sure he will find a club and hope he can make the leap from inspirational player to inspirational manager better than Willie Miller or Richard Gough did.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Very good player for us for about 6.5 of his 8 years although was getting much slower & past it towards the end, unfortunate how he left but then he did an ill-advised and ultimately stupid thing, upset some Hearts fans by signing for Celtic and then his actions at Tynie didn't exactly endear him to those fans especially when you contrast them to how Hartley has acted since signing for Celts, Iam sure he will find a club and hope he can make the leap from inspirational player to inspirational manager better than Willie Miller or Richard Gough did.

That's pretty much the size of it.

Given that Elvis isnae daft, and I'm sure knows our feelings, it wouldn't be out of order for him to come out and say that it was a GIUY to Romanov, and apologise to the Hearts fans if it offended us.

Given that Elvis isnae daft, and I'm sure knows our feelings, it wouldn't be out of order for him to come out and say that it was a GIUY to Romanov, and apologise to the Hearts fans if it offended us.

So he's done that then ?

I was more gutted he "stuck it up us" that day than the score. Horrible. And still can't understand why he did it. Chest pumping was his trade mark....Basle, Braga, Bordeaux and many more. To run from the halfway line to the away end that day, was maybe a gesture to Vlad, but it was put over so wrong in front of thousands who adored him.

gtf. From hero to zero.

The man is a legend. There will never ever be another hero in maroon in the same mould as Elvis. A true captain and leader.

badly drawn boy
Completely dodges any reference to his chest thumping antics. :xmasunsure:

Utter rheptile.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/football/Saturday-interview-with-Steven-Pressley.4790472.jp

You have an unhealthy obsession with the subject matter do you not , kind of weird

There is another thread about the interview already -Top Top man

There is another thread about the interview already

Apologies. Didn't see it. I hate duplicate threads. :xmasoh:

Still doesn't change the fact he's a slhimeball though.

Robbo played for Dundee on loan - does that rescind his legend status?

Pressley lead the team to a Scottish Cup win. Legend.

Robbo played for Dundee on loan - does that rescind his legend status?

Did he? Anyway, it doesn't cancel his legend status. John Robertson didn't wash dirty laundry in public or thump his chest while wearing the green-and-grey-hoops as a "GIRFUY" gesture to the Hearts fans.

Did he? Anyway, it doesn't cancel his legend status. John Robertson didn't wash dirty laundry in public or thump his chest while wearing the green-and-grey-hoops as a "GIRFUY" gesture to the Hearts fans.

I get the feeling that you would have been less bothered if he had signed for Rangers instead of Celtic and gave the ches thumping routine.

I get the feeling that you would have been less bothered if he had signed for Rangers instead of Celtic and gave the ches thumping routine.

:xmascrazy: Incorrect.

John Robertson didn't wash dirty laundry in public or thump his chest while wearing the green-and-grey-hoops as a "GIRFUY" gesture to the Hearts fans.

Celtic wore green/black strips that day.

PedantsRus.

exactly

a top player for us

and anyone who can't admit that is bitter, small and a bit of a chit

That has never been up for debate.

His atitude towards us when and why he left is. He was out of order.

Was always a hero of mine when he was at Tynie who sadly tainted it slightly that fateful day. Still remember him with much fondness though, just won't go down in history as a Mr Hearts as he might have done were it not for his actions.

But we can all forgive and forget can we not?

If not then such people are just sad, bitter and lonely individuals with nothing better to do with their lives.

Not having a go at you loveofthegame but certain other posters who shall remain nameless.

badly drawn boy

Robbo did play for Dundee and it was nauseating to listen to dee fans constantly boo a Hearts legend at every opportunity ,grrrrrrrrrr

The Old Tolbooth

How many times will this chestnut get bloody roasted ffs?

Elvis was a Hearts player longer than he was anyone elses player, he captained more games for us than any other club he was at, and he led us to only our second trophy win in my footballing lifetime, the man will always be a Hearts legend in my eyes.

Yes I was disappointed at his chest pumping antics at the time, however Elvis is an honest hard working pro who wears his heart on his sleeve, and to be honest if I had been treated the same way by the mad Russian, then I would have wanted to get it right up the tosser too!

I would have wanted to get it right up the tosser too!

The thing is though John that his chest thumping was directed at the fans, not Mr Romanov. :xmassick: That is why he is, and will always be, hated by the vast majority of true Hearts fans.

The thing is though John that his chest thumping was directed at the fans, not Mr Romanov. :xmassick: That is why he is, and will always be, hated by the vast majority of true Hearts fans.

And you know this how exactly? :rolleyes:

Archived