Top Top Man / Pressley interview (merged threads)

magicTs

i believe he did what he did at the press conference for the greater good

Nonsense. Elvhis did what he did solely for the benefit of Elvhis. He knew exactly what the outcome would be. :xmasunsure:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a side question, is it okay to hate Celtic without being labelled a mini hun/bigot etc?

I hate every team that aint the Heart of Midlothian, yet i find i have to watch my p's and q's when it comes to having a go at Celtic or their players for the fear of being labelled a mini hun/Rangers fan/bigot etc.

Of course it is and I understand where you are coming from. I'd say it's obvious that you aren't a bigot and generally it's obvious who are ! Rangers just scored by the way which bizarrely I'm actually pleased about !

On the contrary Dazo it would help dispel notions of animosity between Elvis & Hearts / Romanov.

Maybe you could suggest that to Lithuania :)

i was shocked at the riccarton 3 statement

i knew there was unrest, i knew things were bad, but that day was aful

i was gutted when he joined smllic, but i'm certain he was only signed by that poisonous wee ginger arse, to get it up us, and that his first game was likely to be against us

i was standing behind the goals, right beside the unwashed clarts for the game, and in no way can i say that his chest pumping was aimed at us....

it felt like a kick in the teeth, and i spend a long time despising him for that, but the more i thought about it, the less i honestly think it had anything to do with us

he was made captain that day, to get it up us

i don't think there was any doubt in strachans mind that it was gonna irk us

i honestly do not believe that he wanted to have a go at any one jambo at all, and that all he was doing was trying to ingraciate himself with that lot of weasels next to us.

it was a mistake, a bad mistake, but i think he probably knows that as well as anyone

so, as i see it, i will continue to remember his time with us, the leader he was and the good and bad times as a player, with us, rather than despise a man for 1 stupid action

its not like he killed anyone, he never raped anyone, he didn't come into anyones house and take a dump on their carpet, he pumped his chest, as he had done while with us, countless times

its history!

Nonsense. Elvhis did what he did solely for the benefit of Elvhis. He knew exactly what the outcome would be. :xmasunsure:

The thing is T, you're actually too intelligent to believe gibberish such as that. Unless, of course, you're more paranoid than the very people most often accused of suffering from such a problem.

On the contrary Dazo it would help dispel notions of animosity between Elvis & Hearts / Romanov.

It may do that I am not so sure but what would we really gain from it ? Nothing other than more threads like this which have been done to death so many times before.

Seems highly improbable, where's the evidence for that?

MagicT / Gambo / Shaun.Lawson also don't seem to think there is the lingering animosity your suggest red, but show me where I was having a pop at Elvis?

I'm not talking about lingering animosity here, I'm talking about the specific point you were labouring about the use of the training facilities, so no subtle changing of the argument please.

I just find it sad that he talks about his affection for Hearts but doesn't take a perfect opportunity to try to build some bridges.
This quote from you implies that because he hasn't taken the "perfect opportunity" of building bridges that somehow this means that his affection for Hearts isn't as great as he claims.

But once again, you knew that, didn't you. :xmasbabe:

Why, of course, I stand corrected. I don't know where to start with the list of knock-on benefits that Elvis (seriously, what is with the 'h' - are you 5?) received after the press conference...

Seems highly improbable, where's the evidence for that?

If anyone in any company publicly criticises their employer and/or reveals details about workplace events there can only be one outcome. Dismissal.

If anyone in any company publicly criticises their employer and/or reveals details about workplace events there can only be one outcome. Dismissal.

Very likely, but I thought your conjecture was that he had all the Celtic stuff lined up...

therapist,

you cannot compare normal business practice to something like the emotions of football

yes, in other business it would be a sackable offence, but just perhaps he thought, for the greater good, we AS FANS deserved to know the truth and give us the facts as he saw it, so that perhaps, just perhaps, someone would stand up to vlad

Very likely, but I thought your conjecture was that he had all the Celtic stuff lined up...

Let's just say I don't believe in coincidences. :xmashappy:

I have to disagree with you on this. I think VR saw and still sees Elvis as a traitor, and to a Russian that is the lowest of the low.

And VR would definitely be able to recognise the lowest of the low, after all hes spent all his life down there.

therapist,

you cannot compare normal business practice to something like the emotions of football

yes, in other business it would be a sackable offence, but just perhaps he thought, for the greater good, we AS FANS deserved to know the truth and give us the facts as he saw it, so that perhaps, just perhaps, someone would stand up to vlad

:Agree:

He was at his wit's end. Quite rightly given the staggering amount of nonsense he'd had to deal with.

Of course you can. A football club is a company and employer just like any other.

perhaps he thought, for the greater good, we AS FANS deserved to know the truth and give us the facts as he saw it, so that perhaps, just perhaps, someone would stand up to vlad

Don't be silly. How would the fans knowing (Elvhis's version of) the truth change anything?

And VR would definitely be able to recognise the lowest of the low, after all hes spent all his life down there.

On the contrary. VR rose to the top - as such things do.

when you're at the end of your tether, you'll do some very strange things

call it a cry for help if you like

i don't think he held that press conference with anything in his mind other than something had to be done

but you carry on hating if you like. as someone who ought to understand mental health i'm surprised at your sheer hatred of some people, but hey ho

The guy was a legend for us and a top player. He helped us through a lot of dodgy times at the club and his contribution was vital. People say that he acts for himself and no one else, I'd argue that due to the Riccarton press conference. If it was all about him, he wouldn't have done that, he would have shut up and continued to collect his money.

Yes he acted poorly against us when he left, but you should only judge a player based on what he did when he was playing for us. I couldn't care less when players leave or what they do.

oh, and elvis' VERSION?

i think its a damn sight closer to truth than any of vlads (among others) versions of the truth

i'm not saying what happened was the right way to do things, but the man was clearly deeply stressed

Of course you can. A football club is a company and employer just like any other.

Although there are common themes, every business is different. I think VR is now more appreciative of that - managing a football club has in fact been, in my opinion, "a bridge too far" for him. I think Elvis saw that too.

Don't be silly. How would the fans knowing (Elvhis's version of) teh truth change anything?

Because it applied real public pressure for change to finally happen. Instead of implementing it, the club sacked Elvis - and continued on a journey whereby we had no permanent manager at all for 17 months, finished in our lowest league position in a quarter of a century, and lost ?12m in a single year. Yet instead of castigating the man responsible, you, the 'true Hearts fan' turned your ire towards and maintained a pednatic hatred of the man who merely delivered the message!

he would have shut up and continued to collect his money.

:xmascrazy:

Instead he blabbed and naffed off to ra sellik where he undoubtedly got more dosh than he would have been on at Hearts.

oh, for heavens sakes

he never ran off to smeltic...

WGS most likely saw it as a great opportunity to stick it right up us!

:xmascrazy:

Instead he blabbed and naffed off to ra sellik where he undoubtedly got more dosh than he would have been on at Hearts.

Should he have made a point and gone off to play for Gretna then? :rolleyes:

WGS most likely saw it as a great opportunity to stick it right up us!

Even I would acknowledge that any sellik manager has much bigger fish to fry than peshing off Hearts and its fans.

To anyone who doubts Craig Levein and Steven Pressley's passion for our club watch the 5-1 DVD and after the 4th or 5th goal I think it is watch as Levein and Houston do a jig and Pressley runs over to join in. Hearts men through and through.:xmasgrin:

Should he have made a point and gone off to play for Gretna then? :rolleyes:

No. He should have kept shtum, knuckled down to the job in hand, and showed some intestinal fortitude to improve our on-field fortunes.

No. He should have kept shtum, knuckled down to the job in hand, and showed some intestinal fortitude to improve our on-field fortunes. l

If you saw everything falling down around you, and had already tried for a long while to rectify the situation without success, would you keep shtum? Seriously?

If you saw everything falling down around you, and had already tried for a long while to rectify the situation without success, would you keep shtum?

Yes. Unless of course I had something else lined up.....

:banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2: :banghead2:

Spot on Bev. Red just doesn't get it and is incredibly frustrating.

Maybe it's just me, but I grew up watching men like Robertson, Colquhoun and Levein. God knows what people who watch Mackay, Cumming and Bauld think.

The above to me are legends. Steven Pressley was a decent player, a good leader and I'm glad we had him when we did. But a legend? He wasn't even really that good of a player! When we first signed him, he was forced to play RB and he was atrocious. It took him a couple of years to settle at CH, and then we got a couple more years out of him as a good player and captain.

By the end his lack of pace was becoming embarrassing, and I hate to say it, but Webster the Judas ******* was good enough to make Pressley also look good.

I wish the guy well, but to me he was a just a decent Scottish player who happened to do the job for us for a few years and no more.

Spot on Bev. Red just doesn't get it and is incredibly frustrating.

Ooh, listen to her. :rolleyes:

From having seen the nature of your posts, and the way you like to make your "heart-felt" opinions known, I am fairly sure that you would have done the same as Elvis did in his situation, if you loved the club enough. He feared for the club, he had done everything else he could, it was last chance saloon. In the end it didn't work out but he tried, and that is all we could ask of him.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Therapist's obsession with Pressley/Celtic/Ireland which as we all know is rooted in bigotry, for me also, borders on the type of bizarre obsessive interest that that SirGay has over on Sh*t.Net for Heart of Midlothian:

Two completely similar and unlikeable peas in a (green) pod.

For what it is worth and I have said it time and time again:

Steven Pressley:

Greatest Club Captain since Dave McKay

Heart of Midlothian Legend

Scottish Cup winning captain.

Gentleman, Leader and inspiration.

One of the truly great Modern Jambos.

I could not give a feck what he did THAT day, he had his reasons and own emotions about it and regards the anti-Elvis TINY minority:

Grow up.

Therapist's obsession with Pressley/Celtic/Ireland which as we all know is rooted in bigotry

:xmaseye:

jack D and coke
I was more gutted he "stuck it up us" that day than the score. Horrible. And still can't understand why he did it. Chest pumping was his trade mark....Basle, Braga, Bordeaux and many more. To run from the halfway line to the away end that day, was maybe a gesture to Vlad, but it was put over so wrong in front of thousands who adored him.

gtf. From hero to zero.

Exactly. He can crawl as much as he wants now but elvis undone 10 years in 10 seconds and he can GTF.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
No. He should have kept shtum, knuckled down to the job in hand, and showed some intestinal fortitude to improve our on-field fortunes.

Interesting term from someone like you who pedals verbal sh*t for a living.

Moral courage obviously aint home in Therapists household.

Or are you just a "Company boy?"

Loyalty is my honour, eh?

Interesting term from someone like you who pedals verbal sh*t for a living.

It's "peddle".

I trust you found this post useful and instructive. :xmasgrin:

Therapist's obsession with Pressley/Celtic/Ireland which as we all know is rooted in bigotry, for me also, borders on the type of bizarre obsessive interest that that SirGay has over on Sh*t.Net for Heart of Midlothian:

Two completely similar and unlikeable peas in a (green) pod.

For what it is worth and I have said it time and time again:

Steven Pressley:

Greatest Club Captain since Dave McKay

Heart of Midlothian Legend

Scottish Cup winning captain.

Gentleman, Leader and inspiration.

One of the truly great Modern Jambos.

I could not give a feck what he did THAT day, he had his reasons and own emotions about it and regards the anti-Elvis TINY minority:

Grow up.

Grow up that is a bit ironic as the man you are defending obviously acted like a child when he thumped his chest at the hearts fans.

If you want to know what "true fans" think of Pressley, look no further back than Robbie's testimonial.

Levein built his team around Pressley. He plucked Webster from obscurity and taught him a thing or two, then was fortunate to have a young world-class goal-keeper on his books, and put together a formidable defence.

No wonder, as Shaun pointed out, there seems to be a correlation between the Pressley-haters and the Levein-sceptics.

You'd have to go back to the days of Cumming and McKay (I've seen every captain since the days of Alan Anderson and George Miller) to find a better leader on the pitch. Anyone who actually goes to the games knows that.

If you want to know what "true fans" think of Pressley, look no further back than Robbie's testimonial.

You mean the game when the ground was much less than half full? :xmascrazy:

Many many many Hearts fans stayed away that day precisely because the rhat was going to appear.

You mean the game when the ground was much less than half full? :xmascrazy:

Many many many Hearts fans stayed away that day precisely because the rhat was going to appear.

At least 13 stayed away that day. :xmaszip:

At least 13 stayed away that day. :xmaszip:

.........and only then so they could stay at home and watch Chelski lose the league :)

Archived