Top Top Man / Pressley interview (merged threads)

magicTs

The Real Maroonblood
How many times will this chestnut get bloody roasted ffs?

Elvis was a Hearts player longer than he was anyone elses player, he captained more games for us than any other club he was at, and he led us to only our second trophy win in my footballing lifetime, the man will always be a Hearts legend in my eyes.

Yes I was disappointed at his chest pumping antics at the time, however Elvis is an honest hard working pro who wears his heart on his sleeve, and to be honest if I had been treated the same way by the mad Russian, then I would have wanted to get it right up the tosser too!

Good post.

The majority of Hearts fans would agree with you. Fact.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing is though John that his chest thumping was directed at the fans, not Mr Romanov. :xmassick: That is why he is, and will always be, hated by the vast majority of true Hearts fans.

:rofl:

You're on form today.

And you know this how exactly? :rolleyes:

His chest thumping wasn't done in the direction ofthe Directors box. It was directed at the fans. Fact. :xmasgrin:

The Old Tolbooth
His chest thumping wasn't done in the direction ofthe Directors box. It was directed at the fans. Fact. :xmasgrin:

From what I saw it was done in the direction of the Celtic fans T

siegementality

I've spoken to Elvis, it wasn't directed to the fans, it was directed at you.

:xmasgrin: There is only one person who knows who Elvis' chest-pumping was aimed at and that is Elvis. On several occasions, reportedly, he has told Hearts fans personally that this was intended for VR and/or his r?gime. I take him at his word. However I have to say that he could have cleared all this up by officially explaining his actions to we Hearts fans before now.

Perhaps this wuld have been a bit difficult while he was at Celtic, and of course the pride factor of not wanting to justify his actions to anyone (pride is a huge part of Elvis' make-up) may have made this impractical. But now that he has left Celtic he should least explain himself to us. To be honest with you I think that we deserve it. I am not sure why he hasn't. He's still a legend to me though, although a flawed one. On the other hand, I like flaws in a person. We're only human after all.

Here is me thinking Romanov was not at that game, when all along he was sitting in amongst the Celtic fans.:xmascrazy:

I'll wager Elhvis will be at the Mod Edit today. And he won't be cheering on Heart of Midlothian FC. :xmassick:

The Old Tolbooth
Here is me thinking Romanov was not at that game, when all along he was sitting in amongst the Celtic fans.:xmascrazy:

Vlad maybe wasn't at the game, but you can be rest assured he would see his actions on Lithuanian TV back home where he hides these days.

Just a thought, but maybe Elvis thought it would be more disrespectful to aim it at the directors box when the likes of CO was sitting in there :wacko:

Elvis thought

His problem imo was he did not do the above that day, if he did 'think' he probably would not have done what he did.

The Old Tolbooth
His problem imo was he did not do the above that day, if he did 'think' he probably would not have done what he did.

I don't think he would have either, but in the heat of the moment when they just came back from being behind and snatched yet another 3 pts from us, he was perhaps carried away by the whole thing, I definitely think he regrets upsetting the Hearts fans, however he will never regret what it was meant for.

I definitely think he regrets upsetting the Hearts fans, however he will never regret what it was meant for.

Including those who booed him?

Imo he did it to rile the Hearts fans who gave him a hard time throughout the day. To do what he did that day, something that he was loved for by those same supporters, something that brought him a lot closer to those supporters, was a huge slap in the face to those same supporters. I do not think for one minute that as he run up to the terrorist praising supporters that he was thinking, i will pump my chest now to have a go at Vlad.

As he says in that article it was an emotional time. He loved Hearts and as you are well aware things had fallen to bits within the dressingroom he led for several years. Everything was still very raw when he came back to Tynecastle in what is always a highly charged fixture and he possibly didn't feel he (and others) got the support from our fans they deserved when challenging Romanov. Celtic then nicked the points (if I remember correctly) and in the heat of it he got it right up Romanov. Some overly sensitive little Hearts fans, ironically those who generally give the club a bad name at other times decided to take great offence at a couple of gestures. It's laughable really however Elvis will always be respected and welcomed by the decent loyal Hearts fans (as proven at oor Robbie's testimonial) and that's really all that matters :)

Billy the Jambo

What the feck does he have to apologise to Hearts for .He was playing for Celtic that day they won he went to the Celtic fans and pumped his chest so fecking what .How many times did he pump his chest when Hearts won most games i expect .He was a great captain for us and he had the balls to speak up about the arse who owns us and all the vlad sheep on here didnt like it and threw the toys out the pram and started being petty and adding the h to his name .To all those who put the h to his name why dont you all feck off to ibrox we dont want your bigoted sheit on here

As he says in that article it was an emotional time. He loved Hearts and as you are well aware things had fallen to bits within the dressingroom he led for several years. Everything was still very raw when he came back to Tynecastle in what is always a highly charged fixture and he possibly didn't feel he (and others) got the support from our fans they deserved when challenging Romanov. Celtic then nicked the points (if I remember correctly) and in the heat of it he got it right up Romanov. Some overly sensitive little Hearts fans, ironically those who generally give the club a bad name at other times decided to take great offence at a couple of gestures. It's laughable really however Elvis will always be respected and welcomed by the decent loyal Hearts fans and that's really all that matters :)

Well said that man.

The Old Tolbooth
Including those who booed him?

He's a pro Gambo, I would like to think he wouldn't let fans booing him actually get to him.

Everyones entitled to see things their own way, and have their own opinions on it, I cant ignore the fact that the man led us in 8 league campaigns, lifted a Scottish Cup for us, won god knows how many derby matches as captain, led us into Europe, and played hundreds of games for us.

Maybe I forgive easier than some, but facts don't lie.

The thing is though John that his chest thumping was directed at the fans, not Mr Romanov. :xmassick: That is why he is, and will always be, hated by the vast majority of true Hearts fans.

a bigger slaver than a poachers dog....and a 100% wind-up merchant...

Pressley was a magnificent defender and captain for us. Nobody can ever take that away from him. Nice to see that despite what happened he still thinks and cares about the club.

Sorry that is a load of pish and fine well you know it. He will be hated by the vast majority of HWTBF, most true Hearts fans can see past that one incident and remember him for all the good things he did off and on the park for us, including being a cup winning captain.

As has been said by others, the problem you bigots have is that he went to Celtic. If he had went to Rangers we would not hear a peep out of you and your like!!! It is so sad that we have this element to tarnish the good name of HMFC and I am ashamed to be associated with it, makes me feel dirty and slimy, like an old firm fan, then again you will know how that feels eh. BLUE is the colour!!!

siegementality
What the feck does he have to apologise to Hearts for .He was playing for Celtic that day they won he went to the Celtic fans and pumped his chest so fecking what .How many times did he pump his chest when Hearts won most games i expect .He was a great captain for us and he had the balls to speak up about the arse who owns us and all the vlad sheep on here didnt like it and threw the toys out the pram and started being petty and adding the h to his name .To all those who put the h to his name why dont you all feck off to ibrox we dont want your bigoted sheit on here

:bravo:

Sorry that is a load of pish and fine well you know it. He will be hated by the vast majority of HWTBF, most true Hearts fans can see past that one incident and remember him for all the good things he did off and on the park for us, including being a cup winning captain.

As has been said by others, the problem you bigots have is that he went to Celtic. If he had went to Rangers we would not hear a peep out of you and your like!!! It is so sad that we have this element to tarnish the good name of HMFC and I am ashamed to be associated with it, makes me feel dirty and slimy, like an old firm fan, then again you will know how that feels eh. BLUE is the colour!!!

Top post Primrose.

It's horrible to think of the way he was treated by VR. Utterly despicable.

But I was totally bewilldered about what he did in that game against celtic.

Maybe just a mistake, but a big one.

The man is a legend. There will never ever be another hero in maroon in the same mould as Elvis. A true captain and leader.

There will you know. Hundreds of them.

You must be a particularly sensitive little sole to be offended but such a gesture. I honestly can't understand how spineless some of our support are to be worried about a guy (a top professional) being happy at the end of a very hard faught win.

what about his behaviour at said match before a ball was even kicked.

Why is he training at Lennoxtown and not Riccarton?

I suspect because he has not been invited to Riccarton. Csaba Lazslo could do far worse than get him involved in training the youngsters though, god knows we are short of experienced leaders at the club whose good habits and professionalism could be of great benefit.

Why is he training at Lennoxtown and not Riccarton?

im sure Mr Romanov would be able to answer that, unfortunatley, and to HMFC's shame he is probably more welcome at Lennoxtown than Riccarton at the moment, im sure Elvis didnt get a Xmas card from the Romanovs this year either.:xmashappy:

They say time is a great healer, but for a % of Hearts fans the Celtic connection and the chest pumping action are too much to forgive.

I prefer to rememeber the sterling service he gave to the club and the great memories he helped create (not alone) to the club.

Whatever side you are on, think we would all agree that what happened was a very sad end for a man who seemed destined to pay out his career with Hearts and then join the backroom staff.

Do find it strange that no other SPL club have come in for him. It does make you think that his career is really on the decline and in its last days. The move to Denmark was a strange one.

you bigots

:xmaseye:

Sorry to disappoint but I don't have a bigoted bone in my body.

However, I will not stand idly by and let people re-write history. Yes, Elvhis was a cup winning captain and contributed a great deal to the club. But he also went public knowing what the outcome would be for him personally and stuck it up the Hearts fans with his completely unnecessary and disrespectful chest thumping. The last two negatives far outweigh the positives.

I trust this clarifies matters. :xmasgrin:

:xmaseye:

Sorry to disappoint but I don't have a bigoted bone in my body.

However, I will not stand idly by and let people re-write history. Yes, Elvhis was a cup winning captain and contributed a great deal to the club. But he also went public knowing what the outcome would be for him personally and stuck it up the Hearts fans with his completely unnecessary and disrespectful chest thumping. The last two negatives far outweigh the positives.

I trust this clarifies matters. :xmasgrin:

And I am the Queen of Sheba. :xmasbabe:

Elivis was a hero, christ I've been there, seen it and literaly bough the T shirt.

But why did he need to beat his chest and run the Celtic fans at all? A senior professional who had spent his best footballing years at Tynie, would surely know how those actions would be interpreted. A simple pointing guesture to the Directors box would have been more effective

If he's such a true Gentleman why even the need to stick it up Vlad in the first place. Be the bigger man and get on with it.

What the feck does he have to apologise to Hearts for .

The press statement would be a start then the move to celtic and then the 'get it up you' chest thumping.

And I am the Queen of Sheba. :xmasbabe:

Good morning Your Highness. :xmasgrin:

The press statement would be a start then the move to celtic and then the 'get it up you' chest thumping.

What does he have to apologise for regarding the press statement and the move to Celtic? I'm sure you would have been happier of course if he'd kept his face shut despite all the turmoil, and then gone to Rangers.

Charlie-Brown
Why do you think ?

He's a Celtic man now? I don't know why DH - the evil Romanov didn't do anything to stop him playing in Robbie's testimonial did he, Maybury asked if he could train with the club so why not Elvis ?

He's a Celtic man now? I don't know why DH - the evil Romanov didn't do anything to stop him playing in Robbie's testimonial did he, Maybury asked if he could train with the club so why not Elvis ?

Your better than that Charlie. Utter nonsense.

Chalrie - there is a huge difference in playing in Robbie's testimonial and using the Hearts training facilities on a daily basis.

Are you serious? I imagine that the two men despise each other. Elvis will only do something like training with us if the regime changes. VR may have his flaws but he wasn't going to be as petty as to forbid him from playing in a testimonial.

siegementality
Your better than that Charlie. Utter nonsense.

Is it just me or has Charlie been taking the stupid pills recently?

I think he was magic for us captain fantastic if you will.

Sullied himself with the whole chest thumping though and there is no deny that.

Is it just me or has Charlie been taking the stupid pills recently?

Not sure of his motivation. Seems he is trying to carry favor with several groups.

im sure Robbies testimonial committee would have paid to hire the use of Tynecastle that day and players were invited to play in it, If he had refused to let Pressley play Vlad would have come across as some kind of petty egotistical dictator , ...Oh wait a minute.......!!

portobellojambo1

From what I recall of the day that is my impression as well John.

In relation to this topic all it does for me is show up how small minded a percentage of the Hearts support are, almost childish in some of their statements.

I have to disappear in 20 minutes to catch the bus to Parkhead but if I chose to I could spend that 20 minutes compiling a huge list of Hearts players, directors, staff who would be way above Pressley in terms of having to apologise to Hearts fans for things they have done and said about the club. In fact Pressley wouldn't even be on the list, the guy has feckin' nothing to apologise for, unless of course he wants to come out and apologise for being a model captain, a great leader and an inspiration to the team (and fans).

What does he have to apologise for regarding the press statement and the move to Celtic? I'm sure you would have been happier of course if he'd kept his face shut despite all the turmoil, and then gone to Rangers.

I'd have been happier if he kept his mouth shut as he would have remained a Hearts player and we needed him. He let the club down.

The Old Tolbooth
From what I recall of the day that is my impression as well John.

In relation to this topic all it does for me is show up how small minded a percentage of the Hearts support are, almost childish in some of their statements.

I have to disappear in 20 minutes to catch the bus to Parkhead but if I chose to I could compile a huge list of Hearts players, directors, staff who would be way above Pressley in terms of having to apologise to Hearts fans for things they have done and said about the club. In fact Pressley wouldn't even be on the list, the guy has feckin' nothing to apologise for, unless of course he wants to come out and apologise for being a model captain, a great leader and an inspiration to the team (and fans).

Excellent post Iain. :)

Archived