Ticketing for Scottish cup game (merged threads)

The Old Tolbooth

MackaysCentreSpot
Does Jimmy have a reason he can only make hibs, rangers and celtic games with the odd 20 minute Journey?

I would also add its unlikely that anyone would take the same pattern as Harry, i.e a fan loyal enough to attend ICT and sheepland would probably have also been at Motherwell etc.

Tbh I always got annoyed at those who attended a few hibs away game and suddenly thought they should have more right than those who have travelled hundreds of miles.

As far as I am concerned the system is fair and your moan is because your not getting favourable treatment for not travelling to the far away games.

I am not moaning about anything of the sort. All I was doing was making a valid point.

You seem to be on your soap box tonight Prancer. A guy who admits that he picks and chooses what home games to attend.

So would you class yourself as a loyal Hearts supporter?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if it's an Inverness based Hearts fan?

Well if they have made the effort to get a ST, and travel down to the central belt most weeks then there even more committed arent they.

If it was a one off game for the Inverness fan or even that and Aberdeen they would have less points.

PresidentRomanov
I am not moaning about anything of the sort. All I was doing was making a valid point.

You seem to be on your soap box tonight Prancer. A guy admits that picks and chooses what home games to attend.

He's only been to one home game, and he got thown out :)

Generic Username

If I get a ticket, great.

If I don't then I expect every Hearts fan who does get one to get it right up those tramps for 90 minutes and make the absolute most of what has the possiblity to be an amazing day.

Dean Winchester
What if it's an Inverness based Hearts fan?

Then they have alot more travelling to do to other games and therefore if they had enough Loyalty points would deserve the ticket?

I think it's lovely, that hundreds of "supporters" who were bragging about staying away, will now be squealing like pigs at not being able to get a ticket for this game :)

What goes around comes around :)

it's a darn shame, innit?

it's maybe a surprise that someone hasn't yet looked down from their ever so high horse to proclaim that this match should also be boycotted. after all, half the proceeds go to hearts.... and we have all heard the tales about how it's morally wrong to supply the hearts regime with cash... 'cos it's an endorsement of vlad's stewardship of the club.

apparently anyway.

sorry pal but it is an AWAY game not a home game

You didn't quite follow my argument, did you pal?

You seem to be on your soap box tonight Prancer. A guy admits that picks and chooses what home games to attend.

Yes

I held a ST for a long time and have attended lots of away games over the past 5 years. I have also attended a fair few home games and away games this year.

I do however recognise there are those more deserving of the hibs tickets and have no expectation of getting one and frankly thats perfectly fair.

The points system is working perfectly well.

ToadKiller Dog

If both wee jimmy and big harry were current season ticket holders and had one the previous year ,they would have most likely both have enough not to miss out ,but in all systems there would be a cut off ,i was 3 points short for the last fester rd game that was annoying but no system is perfect ,but the loyalty system if explained correctly and added up correct seems fair enough to me.

letsalllaughathobos
season ticket holders who attend away games should get priority imo

spot on now thats who should get the first option

He's only been to one home game, and he got thown out :)

We can do without the hoolie element besmirching the good name of our club. :o

Dean Winchester
If I get a ticket, great.

If I don't then I expect every Hearts fan who does get one to get it right up those tramps for 90 minutes and make the absolute most of what has the possiblity to be an amazing day.

Just 90 minutes? I wanna go for over 120 mins like April 07 :)

Ya know, dragged out by the scruff off the neck by a policeman whos not overly amused at having to work an extra half hour again ;)

Guest jambomickey
Well if they have made the effort to get a ST, and travel down to the central belt most weeks then there even more committed arent they.

If it was a one off game for the Inverness fan or even that and Aberdeen they would have less points.

where were you in the stadium when you got thrown out?

PresidentRomanov
We can do without the hoolie element besmirching the good name of our club. :o

He's not a hoolie Therapist, he was thrown out for being an pest :)

Still, at least he's the same in real life as he is on here :)

Generic Username
Just 90 minutes? I wanna go for over 120 mins like April 07 :)

Ya know, dragged out by the scruff off the neck by a policeman whos not overly amused at having to work an extra half hour again ;)

This is also very, very acceptable behaviour.

Scrap my first thoughts and lets adopt this approach!

He's not a hoolie Therapist, he was thrown out for being an pest :)

Oh! :sad: That's even worse. :sad: :sad: :sad::o

MackaysCentreSpot
Then they have alot more travelling to do to other games and therefore if they had enough Loyalty points would deserve the ticket?

I think you are a bit confused on how the LP system works.

Yes he would be doing a lot more travelling but would not receive anymore loyalty points than somone travelling very little.

I go to the Hibs away game and I live in Edinburgh and I get 2 Loyalty Points.

Inverness Jambo goes to Hibs away game and he gets 2 Loyalty Points.

I go to the Falkirk away game and I live in Edinburgh and I get 4 Loyalty Points.

Inverness Jambo goes to Falkirk away game and he gets 4 Loyalty Points.

So you think that is fair. He would surely be entitled to a ticket before anyone. Shame...........it does not work that way.

portobellojambo1
Great idea. Reward those who give their money to other clubs at the expense of those who pay up front for the season's home games, and in doing so fund signings etc....

I would imagine, and I say imagine because I cannot say for certain, that the vast majority if not all of those who travel regularly to away games also have a season ticket at Tynecastle Therapist.

The major problem with the Loyalty Points system is not that the points can be a little unfair in relation to games been to/distance travelled in relation to actual place of abode for example (although you do have to accept that all calculations will be done in relation to where the club is based rather than where your fecking hoose is), it is more the fact that so many people's Loyalty Points totals are apparently fecked up through no fault of their own.

I will be perfectly happy if my bum is parked on a seat, whichever way the priority allocation is worked out.

The Old Tolbooth
Agreed. I don't remember this problem the past few times we've played down there. Just aswell I'll get priority for being an away season ticket holder for the past couple of years. I'd hate to think a fairweather fan could get in before me :)

Mate, a fair weather fan doesn't deserve to get in before your good self as you have had an away ST for as long as they have been out, and attend all games. Your the type of supporter that deserves to be first in the queue for these games when they come around bud.

To be honest, I could be touch and go where I stand in the queue for a ticket as I've only been to 3 away games all season due to my commitment for my kids at weekends, and one of those games was D Utd away where I paid at the gate as a last minute decision so I don't even get any points for that one.

If I lose out then I lose out, and I'll be happy as long as I know that people wont be wrongfully getting 2 or 3 tickets each for the game when they should only be entitled to 1, because I reckon we could easily shift 20,000 tickets for a game of this magnitude.

Wonder how many of the stay away fans will be looking for tickets for this game.

Sorry but ive no sympathy and those are the ones who should be last in the queue.

Bring it on, me and a few mates are speaking already about going corporate for the game if we can, just to make sure we all get tickets. Ill get mine ok but a few of my mates didnt have enough loyalty points the last time, so would probably struggle this time. Anyone any idea of corporate prices for the day at the slum?

The Old Tolbooth
I'd agree with that but, to be honest, I couldn't really care. I'll always get a ticket anyway because of my connections. :P

I could too if I wanted, but I'd rather sleep at night knowing I got one fair and square :)

Gav Aitchison

Maybe to appease everyone on hear, Hearts should run the ballot like those promotional competitions... "Tell us in 30 words or fewer why you deserve to go to the derby. The best 3,000 will win a ticket."

Dean Winchester
Maybe to appease everyone on hear, Hearts should run the ballot like those promotional competitions... "Tell us in 30 words or fewer why you deserve to go to the derby. The best 3,000 will win a ticket."

I went to every game for the last 2 seasons. Where was the majority of the rest of you? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

lets hope it's us who go every week who get the tickets!

If you have a season ticket and you also go to a majority of away games, you'll have no problem getting a ticket for Easter Road.

I cant remember the last Easter Rd derby that DIDNT go to a public sale and this one will be no different IMO.

I was a season ticket holder for the , 03/04, 04,05,05/06, 06/07 season. I would loved to have renewed mine but sadly I couldnt.Im not holding mybreath for a ticket but id love one:D

lost in leith
If you have a season ticket and you also go to a majority of away games, you'll have no problem getting a ticket for Easter Road.

I cant remember the last Easter Rd derby that DIDNT go to a public sale and this one will be no different IMO.

Possibly, particularly since it is very likely to be on TV, and quite likely to be on at lunchtime on the Saturday. However, a cup tie is bound to be of more interest than a league game, so it could be that the game is over subscribed by ST allocations.

I have no problem with the away diehards getting first dibs, what troubled me about the last game was that some fans (those with the away ST IIRC) could get up to 4 each. It doesn't seem right that a ST holder could miss out, while a ticket could (in theory) go to someone who hasn't been to a game all season but is a mate of an away ST holder.

I could argue that those of us who bought the Scottish Cup top up should get priority over 'ordinary' ST holders. However, that wasn't part of the deal. We'll get our VFM in the next two rounds ;)

I don't think there will be a public sale for this one. I think we could sell the away end at Fester Road twice over for this one.

To me it's easy to distribute tickets.

No supporter gets more than 1 ticket and we do it more like we did in the old days.

The guys with away season tickets get first refusal.

Next up the guys with a loyalty points total that shows they've bought tickets in advance for around 50% of our away games. I wouldn't fall into this category because although I've been to quite a few away games, it's been last minute spur of the moment decisions and I didn't consider loyalty points.

Last up, a ballot of season ticket holders who want to go. I'd be in here and have no problems taking my chances.

If there's anything left after that, then a public sale.

The Old Tolbooth
I don't think there will be a public sale for this one. I think we could sell the away end at Fester Road twice over for this one.

To me it's easy to distribute tickets.

No supporter gets more than 1 ticket and we do it more like we did in the old days.

The guys with away season tickets get first refusal.

Next up the guys with a loyalty points total that shows they've bought tickets in advance for around 50% of our away games. I wouldn't fall into this category because although I've been to quite a few away games, it's been last minute spur of the moment decisions and I didn't consider loyalty points.

Last up, a ballot of season ticket holders who want to go. I'd be in here and have no problems taking my chances.

If there's anything left after that, then a public sale.

Amen to all of that brother :)

Someone who talks sense at last ;)

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I agree is you go to away games as well as home games on your season ticket then you deserve first shout (I'm a season ticket holder but can't make away games/wont give money to the ugly sisters)

The thing thats all wrong in my book is that you can then buy three tickets and give them to whomever you fancy (maybe a fan who doesnt go to any games apart from the biggies)

It should be one ticket/one fan. The situation at Hampden when we humped the Hobo's was ridiculous with some fans getting 3 tickets a piece

Dean Winchester
It should be one ticket/one fan. The situation at Hampden when we humped the Hobo's was ridiculous with some fans getting 3 tickets a piece

Plus all those empty seats that went to waste :(

It had better not be 1 ticket per person. My mate always gets my away tickets and has built up all the loyalty points meaning I've got pretty much heehaw.

It pains me to say it, as I don't go to many away games anymore, but agree with you. Those who have been going to the away games should get first priority, then season ticket holders can fight over the rest

Disagree with that, official travel clubs 1st, followed by season ticket holders as it is their money that keeps the club afloat through lean times, not just the fat.

In a word yes

travelling to Inverness is far more of a sacrifice for the team than grabbing a bus to ER or train to falkirk, thus they deserve the tickets first.

As for the cup top up, Im sure one season they did, not sure why it wasnt kept up

As far as I am concerned the current system is the fairest,

I would also comment that I think both of those exampless would be sucessful.

So are you saying that since I have travelled from London to Tynecastle a few times this season I would also be more eligible than someone who has been to the majority of games but hasn't clocked up the miles that I have, or the expense?

As much as it pains me to say, and as much as I would give my left ball for a ticket, I totally disagree that this would be fair.

You are talking utter nonesense

I am really hoping hearts take this oppertunity to reward season ticket holders.

Rather than like the last time at ER in the league when it was everybody for themselfs.

If there are still tickets left after the ST holders then a public sale is only fair.

speedygonzales
Disagree with that, official travel clubs 1st, followed by season ticket holders as it is their money that keeps the club afloat through lean times, not just the fat.

Agreed, as this is a cup game it will be a shared gate but the current away points system rewards fans that not only follow the club but give their hard earned monies to the opposing club.

What's more important, fans that put in the miles or fans that put money into the club?

ps. I'm well aware that travelling fans could well be seaon ticket holders but not all are, just as not all fans that attend tynecastle are season ticket holders!

i think the pts system used for last game at ER worked great tbh.

ST holders get 20 pts of a start and can top up by attending some away games.

i think the pts system used for last game at ER worked great tbh.

ST holders get 20 pts of a start and can top up by attending some away games.

never realy helped me to be honest I was on 48 points.

I never got giving point for a SC at motherwell and a trip to dundee united.

I was one point below the line yet any tom dick and harry could have got a ticket before me.

it should be minimum 40 points which means you would have had season tickets previous two years

I unfortuanatly couldn't renew my season ticket this season, but have been to 6 home games and 3 away this season. If by chance any were released on general sale, is there any benifit in physically going to the ticket office to purchase a ticket, rather than just phoning up?

The TO staff seem to add loyalty points only when they can be arsed so god knows how many people have missed out on points, I know I have. Anyway, I'll apply for my ticket and if I don't get one then so be it, I'll watch it in the pub and spend my ?27 on booze :beer:

The TO staff seem to add loyalty points only when they can be arsed so god knows how many people have missed out on points, I know I have. Anyway, I'll apply for my ticket and if I don't get one then so be it, I'll watch it in the pub and spend my ?27 on booze :beer:

Nonsense, they get added after every away game automatically, as long as you've bought under your account.

Nonsense, they get added after every away game automatically, as long as you've bought under your account.

i'm posting from experience. I am missing 12-14 points from last season and all emails conveniently ignored when I enquired about them

I know for a fact you're talking crap.

Supporters Charter states response within 3 days.

Contact the club instead of whinging on here, typical JKB

Archived