Ticketing for Scottish cup game (merged threads)

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

I know the ticket office read JKB, so please could we ask for a bit of common sense for the ticketing procedure this time around for our trip to Easter Road, and not to give anyone who qualifies for a ticket more than one each, it makes it fairer all round.

Thank you. :)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth
Are you going for two for your big erse? :) If so you can have mine.

Heh heh, I'll stick to the one that I'm hopefully entitled to mate, there's big seats at fester road ;)

I'd love it to be a 17.30 KO on Saturday......it would be a "Bruncheon" at the Turkish kitchen then a session before the game.........

Cannae wait.......will be taking the Monday off for sure anyway......

Commander Harris
I know the ticket office read JKB, so please could we ask for a bit of common sense for the ticketing procedure this time around for our trip to Easter Road, and not to give anyone who qualifies for a ticket more than one each, it makes it fairer all round.

It's my Birthday on the 10th of Jan, I think I should get priority. :D

Drylaw Hearts

Agreed.

One ticket per person is the sensible option.

Tbh I think giving me every ticket to sell on at a profit is the best option :)

At the end of the day the tickets will be oversubscribed and people are going to miss out, the people who do will moan.

I am not holding out much chance of getting one, but, I took that risk when I chose not to renew and go game by game.

Drylaw Hearts
I should get two, after all im a better fan than the rest of you. :)

Just think how many you'd get if you were from North Berwick though.

The Old Tolbooth
It's my Birthday on the 10th of Jan, I think I should get priority. :D

If you only take one I'll buy you a birthday pint ;)

Hopefully it'll be something stupid like pay at the gate ;) ( ha ha )

Queues down the street

Hopefully it'll be something stupid like pay at the gate ;) ( ha ha )

Queues down the street

I'd just parachute into the ground an hour before kickoff.

Tbh I think giving me every ticket to sell on at a profit is the best option :)

At the end of the day the tickets will be oversubscribed and people are going to miss out, the people who do will moan.

I am not holding out much chance of getting one, but, I took that risk when I chose not to renew and go game by game.

Which end?

MackaysCentreSpot

All those who bought tickets for the last Derby game at ER should be given first refusal.

I think that is only fair.

Guest Dipped Flake
lets hope it's us who go every week who get the tickets!

It pains me to say it, as I don't go to many away games anymore, but agree with you. Those who have been going to the away games should get first priority, then season ticket holders can fight over the rest

MackaysCentreSpot

Sorry but Hearts went down the road of 'your a better fan' selling policy for tickets for the last Derby at ER.

I think that many ST holders felt they were being punished because for what ever circumstances they could not attend away games and Hearts were looking at them as lesser fans.

A very dangerous thing to do IMO.

Agree that the folk who have been going home and away every week should get first option.

Sadly that does not include me this season, would love to get a ticket though!

Sorry but Hearts went down the road of 'your a better fan' selling policy for tickets for the last Derby at ER.

I think that many ST holders felt they were being punished because for what ever circumstances they could not attend away games and Hearts were looking at them as lesser fans.

What the hell are you on about

Loyalty points for a few years now have been based on home and away games.

Its entirely fair a ST holder who also goes to every away game gets priority over a fan who has a ST but cant attend away games.

Why would it be fair someone who has spent hundreds of pounds going to every game suddenly gets bumped for someone who hasnt but suddenly can go to an away game when it suits them!.

Hibs should play the game at Murrayfield, everyone gets a ticket who wants 1 and Hibs get more money. Sadly they are too thick!

Guest jambomickey

Its entirely fair a ST holder who also goes to every away game gets priority over a fan who has a ST but cant attend away games.

Why would it be fair someone who has spent hundreds of pounds going to every game suddenly gets bumped for someone who hasnt but suddenly can go to an away game when it suits them!.

spot on!

PresidentRomanov

I think it's lovely, that hundreds of "supporters" who were bragging about staying away, will now be squealing like pigs at not being able to get a ticket for this game :)

What goes around comes around :)

Dean Winchester

I cant disagree with this more.

I dont go to every away game due to financial restrictions but I would feel pretty bloody selfish if I got a ticket over someone who does. Quite simply they do spend their money and support the team week in week out. I understand some fans can't do this and I am one of them but I still think its the fairest system.

I think it's lovely, that hundreds of "supporters" who were bragging about staying away, will now be squealing like pigs at not being able to get a ticket for this game :)

Well said PB. I'll be on holiday so I'll be relying on you to make sure my brief doesn't go to one of the johnny-come-latelies.

PresidentRomanov
Well said PB. I'll be on holiday so I'll be relying on you to make sure my brief doesn't go to one of the johnny-come-latelies.

As a member of the away ticketing scheme, I'll be entitled to three anyway, but I'll make sure your brief goes to a deserving person :)

I'd sell it to Prancer, but he'll only get thrown out by the police and demand a refund after :P

agreed, makes me :boak:

Dean Winchester

How do we check our loyalty points? I havent been bothered by them cos we've had no use for them this season and did last seasons carry over by any margin?

As a member of the away ticketing scheme, I'll be entitled to three anyway, but I'll make sure your brief goes to a deserving person :)

I'd sell it to Prancer, but he'll only get thrown out by the police and demand a refund after :P

Cheers. You're a gent and no mistake.

ToadKiller Dog

The prancer is correct in fact spot on this time, the loyalty points system seems fair to me if updated correctly which there was problems with the last time at fester rd.

I also think they set the initial point level you needed to high aswell .

They have hopefully sorted the bugs out of it.

Agreed. I don't remember this problem the past few times we've played down there. Just aswell I'll get priority for being an away season ticket holder for the past couple of years. I'd hate to think a fairweather fan could get in before me :)

All those who bought tickets for the last Derby game at ER should be given first refusal.

I think that is only fair.

I prefer to think that those who have stood / sat through dire derbies at Easter Road during at least 30 years should be given them by way of recompense.

MackaysCentreSpot
The prancer is correct in fact spot on this time, the loyalty points system seems fair to me if updated correctly which there was problems with the last time at fester rd.

I also think they set the initial point level you needed to high aswell .

They have hopefully sorted the bugs out of it.

No its not.

Right going on you theory of loyalty points. Wee Jimmy goes to 8 away games and Big Harry only goes to 4. Who is more entitled to a ticket for a game?

You would think that Wee Jimmy would as he has gone to 8 away games but that would not be the case. Big Harry who has only went to 4 away games has amassed more loyalty points than Wee Jimmy even although Wee jimmy has been to 4 more away games.

So the loyalty points can be a unfair reflection of how many away games you have actually attended.......and sorry but thats a fact.

Wee Jimmy goes to:

Falkirk, Rangers, Hibs (2), Hamilton, Celtic, Motherwell, St Mirren (23 Loyalty Points)

Big Harry goes to:

Aberdeen, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Dundee United (24 Loyalty Points)

So is Big Harry a more loyal fan than Wee Jimmy?

Wee jimmy has certainly spent a lot more on tickets and been to double the games Big Harry has yet in the eyes of Hearts he is not as loyal as Big Harry who has spent less on tickets and been to half the games than Wee Jimmy has.

letsalllaughathobos
lets hope it's us who go every week who get the tickets!

tottally agree with you buddy.

part time support should not get any option.

the way it should work is;

attended away games this season. then

season ticket holders. then

normal sales.

but it is never going to be like this.

Dean Winchester

Falkirk, Rangers, Hibs (2), Hamilton, Celtic, Motherwell, St Mirren (23 Loyalty Points)

Big Harry goes to:

Bull!

Your comparing 6 roughly 60 minute journeys and two 20 min journey (from tynecastle) to a 2 1/2 hour journey, a 3 1/2 journey, an hour journey and a 90 min journey.

The second lot require alot more travelling.

The system is fair, stop being a ****.

the way it should work is;

attended away games this season. then

season ticket holders.

Great idea. Reward those who give their money to other clubs at the expense of those who pay up front for the season's home games, and in doing so fund signings etc....

No its not.

Right going on you theory of loyalty points. Wee Jimmy goes to 8 away games and Big Harry only goes to 4. Who is more entitled to a ticket for a game?

You would think that Wee Jimmy would as he has gone to 8 away games but that would not be the case. Big Harry who has only went to 4 away games has amassed more loyalty points than Wee Jimmy even although Wee jimmy has been to 4 more away games.

So the loyalty points can be a unfair reflection of how many away games you have actually attended.......and sorry but thats a fact.

Wee Jimmy goes to:

Big Harry goes to:

So is Big Harry a more loyal fan than Wee Jimmy?

Wee jimmy has certainly spent a lot more on tickets and been to double the games Big Harry has yet in the eyes of Hearts he is not as loyal as Big Harry who has spent less on tickets and been to half the games than Wee Jimmy has.

Does Jimmy have a reason he can only make hibs, rangers and celtic games with the odd 20 minute Journey?

I would also add its unlikely that anyone would take the same pattern as Harry, i.e a fan loyal enough to attend ICT and sheepland would probably have also been at Motherwell etc.

Tbh I always got annoyed at those who attended a few hibs away game and suddenly thought they should have more right than those who have travelled hundreds of miles.

As far as I am concerned the system is fair and your moan is because your not getting favourable treatment for not travelling to the far away games.

Guest jambomickey
Great idea. Reward those who give their money to other clubs at the expense of those who pay up front for the season's home games, and in doing so fund signings etc....

season ticket holders who attend away games should get priority imo

PresidentRomanov

Just as well that's what happens then :)

MackaysCentreSpot
Bull!

Your comparing 6 roughly 60 minute journeys and two 20 min journey (from tynecastle) to a 2 1/2 hour journey, a 3 1/2 journey, an hour journey and a 90 min journey.

The second lot require alot more travelling.

The system is fair, stop being a ****.

So loyalty is dependent on how far you travel.

With you now. And here is silly me thinking it was all about number of games you attended.

Right lets look at it another way then.

Why not since it is a SC game give prioritiy to those who bought the SC Top Up with their ST. They showed loyalty by paying up well in advance.

That sounds fair.

Dean Winchester
How do we check our loyalty points? I havent been bothered by them cos we've had no use for them this season and did last seasons carry over by any margin?

Anybody? :)

I'd agree with that but, to be honest, I couldn't really care. I'll always get a ticket anyway because of my connections. :P

Guest jambomickey
I'd agree with that but, to be honest, I couldn't really care. I'll always get a ticket anyway because of my connections. :P

and so will i mate!

With you now. And here is silly me thinking it was all about number of games you attended.

Why not since it is a SC game give prioritiy to those who bought the SC Top Up with their ST. They showed loyalty by paying up well in advance.

That sounds fair.

In a word yes

travelling to Inverness is far more of a sacrifice for the team than grabbing a bus to ER or train to falkirk, thus they deserve the tickets first.

As for the cup top up, Im sure one season they did, not sure why it wasnt kept up

As far as I am concerned the current system is the fairest,

I would also comment that I think both of those exampless would be sucessful.

Dean Winchester

That sounds fair.

No because you can reach all of those games in a short amount of time. The former take more commitment due to it taking longer to travel to, as well as heavier travel costs on top of the ticket price. You look at the attendances for the previous games and all of the Hearts away fans would be in much greater numbers in your first list than your second list. Time is a factor!

I can agree with the SC Top Up tho, but they still shouldnt get priority over Away fans (most of which probably have the SC top up anyway)

travelling to Inverness is far more of a sacrifice for the team than grabbing a bus to ER or train to falkirk, thus they deserve the tickets first.

What if it's an Inverness based Hearts fan?

letsalllaughathobos

sorry pal but it is an AWAY game not a home game

Archived