You Just Don't Post This...It Is So Wrong

Deek

Guest jambomickey
Back home now after working away for the last month.

And just for the record, I don't like Hibs very much.

i did point out you were as much a hobo hater as much as the rest of us

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i did point out you were as much a hobo hater as much as the rest of us

Can't fecking stand the barstewards mate.

I'd pish myself if they ever went under.

winston churchill
I'm not even going to read his justifications.

Arse licker. FACT.

you can also throw the sheep into the mix.

MacDonald Jardine
Posted on deluded.net by a well known name on Kickback.

It is wrong so wrong. How can a Jambo like the Hibs. We may have Hobo pals and work colleagues' date=' but like the Hibs. Never.:mad:[/

It always ****is me of that Hearts supporters would like to see the Hibs get beat by the **** from the west. It shows a complete lack of ambition. We seem to forget if the Hibs hadn't got so many points against Rangers we wouldn't have made the Champions League qualifiers.

[b']Hearts No 1 Hibs No2 **** the rest[/b]

If it directly helps Hearts, fine.

One example is the last game of one season in the early 90s when Hibs winning at Celtic Park put us into Europe.

It's the only one I can think of.

As for the bit in bold: GIRFUY

Seymour M Hersh
Are you mentally ill?

Seriously.

You have to actually ask that?:rolleyes:

Don't be nice to hobos SL, it'll never work out. Some of my best mates are hobos and even attempting to humour them can be frustrating. They are a totally deluded (by their flair, importance pesh) bunch. To be pitied more than hated in some cases. As for the trumps on deluded.net they are, by in large, a nasty, nasty bunch and not really representative of the wider (all 20 of them) hobo suppport.

:107years:

Shaun is a smart cookie.

far more so than the majority on here, he is thoughtful and thorough person.

He is a Hearts supporter, but not like many others.

Partly thorough his geographical location, partly through choice.

He does not support Hearts in the same was as many others, and why the hell should he?

Who is to say that the way they express support is the right way?

Shaun therefore has a different take on things, something that we shoudl find refreshing, not something to mock.

I mean for gods sake, the attitude of some on here is virtually set in the dark ages....its different....therefore I dont understand it....therefore I dont like it.....I better destroy it!

People on here want to prove they are better than Hibs fans? Then why adopt the sam attitude as them?

I say good on Shaun, for being Shaun. It hursts no-one

Its just a shame that he has to defend himself, and is applauded simply for being himself in light of many others lashing out at him for being a bit different.

FFS save us the "modern person" attitude. Nearly ALL Hearts fans i know would never ever dream or contemplate the idea that they might actually like Hibs.

Why? Not because it`s some sort of unwritten rule or because they don`t want to be ridiculed, but because that`s football. Football IS tribal whether you like it or not.

Fans are brought up with it, the history, the triumphs and glories. Suffering or celebrating with a fellow fansand having that mutual feeling for the same club even though its a stranger sitting next to you.

It`s you against the rest. Yes, you can talk football with rivals but you don`t like their clubs and not because you have to, it`s just because you naturally don`t.

Apart from Shaun obviously.;)

FFS save us the "modern person" attitude. Nearly ALL Hearts fans i know would never ever dream or contemplate the idea that they might actually like Hibs.

Why? Not because it`s some sort of unwritten rule or because they don`t want to be ridiculed, but because that`s football. Football IS tribal whether you like it or not.

Fans are brought up with it, the history, the triumphs and glories. Suffering or celebrating with a fellow fansand having that mutual feeling for the same club even though its a stranger sitting next to you.

It`s you against the rest. Yes, you can talk football with rivals but you don`t like their clubs and not because you have to, it`s just because you naturally don`t.

How ignorant.

For the record, I never said I liked hibs.

So dont put word inmy mouth to support your own assesment.

Just read the first page of this thread. Hang your head in SHAME Shaun. Peolpe in the 50's that went and watched both teams werent real fans either

MacDonald Jardine
How ignorant.

For the record, I never said I liked hibs.

So dont put word inmy mouth to support your own assesment.

No, you suggested it was okay to like them though and that we shouldn't criticise those that do.

I assume you don't see yourself as one of the neanderthal bigots who can't stand our local rivals?

Just read the first page of this thread. Hang your head in SHAME Shaun. Peolpe in the 50's that went and watched both teams werent real fans either

:rolleyes:

Hmm. What about journalists? Obviously, they never lose the love for their main club - but I'd have thought continually covering so many other sides, learning about the ins and outs of different clubs and so on would moderate the attitudes of a great many of them. And in my case, because I've always been so into football, and especially, the politics/boardroom intrigue side of things, I've absorbed huge amounts of info about many clubs, used other clubs' messageboards (Newcastle, Chelsea, Man City and others) etc etc. And I've found that the more I get to know other fans and learn about their teams, the harder it is to have a problem with them really.

Incidentally, I may be alone here, but I think loads of Scottish clubs are likeable! Mainly because so many of them are so small. Partick, Hamilton, Stranraer, Cowdenbeath and so on are all kinda cute and cuddly; and at SPL level, I admire Caley, and quite like both Dundee United and Killie. Again though, this is probably my flawed perspective from a distance at work again.

First off I'm not in the least interested in any club outside of the SPL as the SPL is where my team play (at least for now! LOL).

Referees are paid to be neutral and whilst I concede that Scottish referees are not very good at remembering this fact it is still the intended way of things.

Some journos are paid to be neutral and the ones who manage it are by far the better sportswriters - Spiers is the best by a mile. Others take the OF junkets and are scoom - unsurprisingly these ones seldom have anything good to say about Hearts and the bias in their articles is clear as day - Young is the worst of this type, though a lot of professional pundits push him close.

It is not be your job to buddy up to Hobos, and I for one cannot understand why you'd want to do it if it wasn't for money...Like a hoor who gives it away for free is the best analogy I can think of! LOL Scientific / sociological studies of Hobos - that's neutral...Chumming up to them by slagging your own club or even the owner of it, no matter how opaque his ways are...well, as the OP says, it's just not right.

Hibs are filth.

Yea, I don't mind some of their fans and get on quite well with a few.

But everything surounding the club is pure minging filth.

I've read a good many of the posts on this rather interesting thread and see exactly the same happening on this forum as has been taking place for many, many years all over pubs, clubs and households in Scotland since time immemorial. The "who hates who more" and the " I hate them more than you " debate which has darkened Scottish football for years. For the record, I was the guy who followed Rangers in the seventies as a young man: primarily because of my "friends" who I believed were "in the know" and were the people to learn from and listen to. I always had a healthy respect for the Hearts: given I have family who have supported and followed the Jambos through thick and thin. Yes, I enjoyed the days of glory at Ibrox if I'm honest, but if I'm even more honest I enjoyed beating Celtic more than anything. So perhaps you may take it from that, that I lean in a certain direction with regards to my political tastes. I do however, have no objection to anyone leaning towards anything in my eyes, I do object to dismissing the way we all look at the world and trying to browbeat people into submission. I would challenge anyone to a debate on the Irish troubles (can I say that Mods?), but would point out I would only point out facts and not bigoted views. I would also challenge anyone to give me a reason why I now can't support the Hearts. I would spurn the half-witted comments that this may invariably invite, but would, quite frankly leave JKB, if I thought I was causing anyone serious hassle by my comments. I have read with interest and with great guffaws of laughter at some of the posts since I have joined JKB: from people such as Buffalo Bill, Johnmitchell, Therapist, Borthers and indeed Shaun Lawson. So my final point would be this.......if someone (me) has finally "came home", realised the mistake they had made years ago by follow, following a Rangers team and can be as passionate as I am about the Hearts, why not hate or despise me more than Shaun, whose crime is to choose not to hate......I hate: I hate Hibs and Celtic if I'm honest, and always will do. But I still have Hibs and Celtic mates who I admire and have been friends with all my life. It's a complex interaction is the footballing debate: outcomes determined by topographical situation, religious persuasion etc etc. So let's not be too quick to crucify someone who doesn't choose to hate. I wish I had some of the resolve of Shaun Lawson........perhaps I never would have ended up Ibrox park as an impressionable thirteen year old boy......ah well.........

Charlie-Brown
First off I'm not in the least interested in any club outside of the SPL as the SPL is where my team play (at least for now! LOL).

Referees are paid to be neutral and whilst I concede that Scottish referees are not very good at remembering this fact it is still the intended way of things.

Some journos are paid to be neutral and the ones who manage it are by far the better sportswriters - Spiers is the best by a mile. Others take the OF junkets and are scoom - unsurprisingly these ones seldom have anything good to say about Hearts and the bias in their articles is clear as day - Young is the worst of this type, though a lot of professional pundits push him close.

It is not be your job to buddy up to Hobos, and I for one cannot understand why you'd want to do it if it wasn't for money...Like a hoor who gives it away for free is the best analogy I can think of! LOL Scientific / sociological studies of Hobos - that's neutral...Chumming up to them by slagging your own club or even the owner of it, no matter how opaque his ways are...well, as the OP says, it's just not right.

Hmmm Lacostelad's posts on that forum are a helluva more chummy with the natives and scathing of Hearts than anything Shaun has posted over there - LL has been a long time very critical of Romanov however so are plenty of other people who remain posters on here .... I don't see why LL had to sink into that particular swamp.

The People's Chimp
Err...

(93rd note to self: make more use of emoticons.)

ah, life on kickback. or life in general. never enough emoticons.

The People's Chimp

Arse licker. FACT.

I tend to agree; i'm sorry but the NOT VERY NICE PEOPLE over there should not be catered to and to be honest, certain posters including sl have sailed a little too close to the wind in giving them LOVELY material with some of their posts. fine, post your concerns over here, but don't give onanists like fat mikey any kind of sexual kick out of your opinion.

to do so is serious arse licking. and not on.

Kannymann1 : I was the guy who followed Rangers in the seventies as a young man.

For some one who followed Rangers in the 70's and enjoyed it, strange you have DB up there .

I was the guy who followed Rangers in the seventies as a young man.

For some one who followed Rangers in the 70's and enjoyed it, strange you have DB up there .

I met Drew Busby on many occasions; player of the year awards, down in Oldham (Texaco cup) after the match. I just have a great deal of admiration for the Fila, he was im my opinion, a good honest professional who played for the Hearts with as much passion as you could ask for. Brilliant bloke.

Arse licker. FACT.

Spot on, to many on here enjoy going over to vermin.net to lick arse.

Dont know one hearts fan who has anything but utter dislike of them.

I met Drew Busby on many occasions; player of the year awards, down in Oldham (Texaco cup) after the match. I just have a great deal of admiration for the Fila, he was im my opinion, a good honest professional who played for the Hearts with as much passion as you could ask for. Brilliant bloke.

Thank you for the kind words, but i never did manage to get a game !!!!

Thank you for the kind words, but i never did manage to get a game !!!!

well spotted that man! I DID mean to type the word "guy" ! But failed miserably to do so........1 - 0 to the Fila :o

I find myself agreeing with much of what Shaun has posted.

Those who want to turn rivalry into hatred are the ones with a problem.

And there will be many who post here now who are too young to remember the days before segregation. Going to a match then was relatively cheap, so going to the odd Hibs match (I was never a "week-about" man, though my dad did that in the 50s when both teams were worth watching) was just something that you did.

Going to Derbies with a mixture of Hearts and Hibs pals was quite normal (if often painful for us in the 60s and 70s).

I reckon it's more than 20 years since I last went to Easter Road to see Hibs play anyone other than Hearts, but in my youth it was several times a season.

And there will be many who post here now who are too young to remember the days before segregation. Going to a match then was relatively cheap, so going to the odd Hibs match (I was never a "week-about" man, though my dad did that in the 50s when both teams were worth watching) was just something that you did.

Going to Derbies with a mixture of Hearts and Hibs pals was quite normal (if often painful for us in the 60s and 70s).

I reckon it's more than 20 years since I last went to Easter Road to see Hibs play anyone other than Hearts, but in my youth it was several times a season.

Excellent post. Totally agree.

It's me. And it's true: I don't mind and even quite like Hibs. This makes me no different to the hundreds, probably thousands of Jambos and Hibees who watched their rivals every other Saturday in the '50s and '60s. Were they wrong to do so?

Each and every person is different. For my own complex reasons, mainly to do with my background and abusive upbringing, I simply don't do hate. It has an absolute ton to do with the influence of the most remarkable person I'll ever know - my Holocaust-surviving grandmother, who is my mentor in life - as well. As a Norwich fan, I don't hate Ipswich - grudgingly, I even quite admire them. And as a Jambo, I respect Aberdeen, don't mind Hibs, and don't even have that big a problem with Celtic. North and south of the border, the clubs I come closest to genuinely hating are Rangers and Wolves.

It's a personal thing, that's all. I've always struggled with large groups, and much preferred the company of close friends. I also tend to be a loner, gravitating to the place opposite from where the majority can be found. As I see it, as someone who loves Edinburgh and adores all aspects of football, it's natural for me to want to discuss it on rival messageboards as well as a Hearts one, and yes, befriend rival fans too.

But that's just me. Contrary to what so many seem to think, there is no exact way any fan should behave, or should or shouldn't do. Every one of us is shaped by complex forces - and frankly, the world would be an extremely boring place if we all acted like automatons, just because we share the love for a particular football team.

Goody two shoes:eek: Crawling of the highest order:(

Hearts fan hates hibs = Hearts fan has a problem? :eek:

Do you 'love' (love being the opposite of hate) Hibs?

IMO there should be no fence sitting when it comes to Hibs from Hearts fans, you either love:eek: them or hate them , none of this nancy 'pity' crap.

A stain on our beautiful city that should be wiped clean.

Yes it is great that whilst they exist we get to hammer them, but i would rather they were not here at all , giving us the greatest victory of all.

I want Edinburgh to be for Hearts only, i do not want to share (even the 30% they have) it with no one and especially not with those reptiles.

Zero tolerance!

IMO there should be no fence sitting when it comes to Hibs from Hearts fans, you either love:eek: them or hate them , none of this nancy 'pity' crap.

So, in relation to every person or thing, there are two options, you can love them (or it) or you can hate them (or it)?

No grey areas for you?

Zero tolerance!

Clearly not.

FFS - can't believe I've read this whole thread, but seen as I have your going to get my opinion, like it or not. :eek::eek:

No Hearts supporter should post on THAT forum, they are all horrible people/reptiles:(

It's quite ok to hate hibs :)

Rant over

Not for everyone it isn't. I've always found something slightly sad about people all doing the same thing and acting in the same way. At school, it leads to bullying. In world affairs, it leads to wars. And down the years, there have always been individuals willing to act against the express wishes of their particular 'tribe'. The Tories would have no chance of winning the next election if David Cameron hadn't. Labour wouldn't have been in power for so long if Tony Blair hadn't. Israel wouldn't have signed the Oslo Peace Accords if Yitzhak Rabin hadn't. And the peace process in Northern Ireland wouldn't have advanced so far if David Trimble hadn't.

I could go on. And no, I'm hardly arrogant enough to compare myself with those men - what I am saying, though, is just as human nature often involves conforming with others in order to feel a shared sense of identity, so others sometimes forge a different route. In football, that's what I do - because it's just who I am.

For once, words fail me.

Hibs fans ask me my view of our club and our owner; I tell them. Sometimes, this means I'm a recipient of their infamous ostrich smiley - at others, I'm not. Most Hibs fans' views of how we've been run under Romanov are pretty equivalent to the views of other fans throughout the UK: sometimes, they're guilty of being too simplistic, but they're not always wrong. And I'm not about to disagree with them just for the hell of it, in order to defend my tribe - because such an attitude won't get anyone anywhere. There's none so blind as those that cannot see.

And on the contrary, SC: if someone has such a deep-rooted interest in all aspects of football (as I have since I was about 8!), I think it's natural that they should develop soft spots for others. You gave the example of Spiers above, but here's another: Bob Crampsey. When he sadly passed away a few months ago, so many people on this site wrote that we'd never see his like again. That he was a gentleman and a scholar, without a malicious bone in his body: not for him the partisan, lowest common denominator nonsense which has infected journalism in recent decades.

Bob Crampsey, of course, was a Queen's Park fan. But what if he hadn't been? If he'd grown up as a fan of, say, Hearts or Hibs, do you honestly think he'd not have developed a soft spot for the other? I think it's inconceivable that he wouldn't, to be honest. And would this have made him any less a fan? Nope: it'd simply have been because of who he was.

You are out of your mind Shaun. I have many hibs supporting friends and family and while i like them, i utterly despise the club they support. As a hearts fan i want hibs to lose every game unless it in some way benefits us if they win.

Regards going to hearts one week then hibs the next? this is bull****. Ive spoken to many older generation people about this and they supported one club. Maybe there were 'football' fans back then that went to both but never actual 'club' supporters.

A stain on our beautiful city that should be wiped clean.

Yes it is great that whilst they exist we get to hammer them, but i would rather they were not here at all , giving us the greatest victory of all.

I want Edinburgh to be for Hearts only, i do not want to share (even the 30% they have) it with no one and especially not with those reptiles.

Zero tolerance!

Alright then Gambo - how about you justify this statement? "A stain on our beautiful city that should be wiped clean". I see comments like this on here all the time: 'subhumans', '##########', 'junkies', 'peg sellers', and on and on. Every one of them leaves me baffled.

You do realise you're referring to your fellow human beings here - people just like you? And sure, many of these soubriquets are applied in the name of 'banter' - but equally, there's something about it which is deeply, deeply unpleasant. Playing to our sense of ourselves as superior, because our fan base is probably slightly wealthier. Around the world, it's the same: fans of River Plate terming Boca supporters as literally living in ****; but it's still pretty horrible.

It might well be that if I supported a club whose rivals were, oohh, someone like Rangers, or Wolves, or Millwall, or Cardiff, or Stoke, or even came from a tough, industrial city with an unpleasant core, I could hate or at least greatly dislike them too. But I don't: I support Hearts. And Edinburgh is a profoundly civilised place, full of tourists and beautiful, historic buildings. It's a big reason why Edinburghers often consider themselves so superior to Glaswegians.

Granted, these characteristics probably go a long way to explaining why Hearts and Hibs haven't achieved more over the years - the whole 'Edinburgh is a rugby town' argument. But Hibs fans, because they come from Edinburgh and the surrounding environs, are really just like us. And Hibs themselves? Capable of pure, beautiful comedy, and making me laugh very loudly at times - but really quite cute, cuddly and throughly inoffensive. A lot like Norwich or Ipswich, in truth. You can't hate that! Hating Hibs is roughly equivalent to running over the next door neighbour's cat in my eyes.

In truth, I think you're guilty of trying to whip up hatred of something where none can be justified.

You are out of your mind Shaun. I have many hibs supporting friends and family and while i like them, i utterly despise the club they support. As a hearts fan i want hibs to lose every game unless it in some way benefits us if they win.

Regards going to hearts one week then hibs the next? this is bull****. Ive spoken to many older generation people about this and they supported one club. Maybe there were 'football' fans back then that went to both but never actual 'club' supporters.

Ok then. Why? Give me some reasons!

FFS - can't believe I've read this whole thread, but seen as I have your going to get my opinion, like it or not. :eek::eek:

No Hearts supporter should post on THAT forum, they are all horrible people/reptiles:(

It's quite ok to hate hibs :)

Rant over

Sure. But I don't.

By their own token, they disagree.

They come from Leith.

Edinburgh and the surrounding environs is, of course, what I wrote. With quotes out of context such as this, a career in journalism could yet be yours!

Edinburgh and the surrounding environs is, of course, what I wrote. With quotes out of context such as this, a career in journalism could yet be yours!

I wish.

I'd lead a media campaign against all those who live in caravans.

And peg sellers too.

;)

Cant beleive you are asking me why i hate hibs! Cant you think of any reasons for me!:)

If I could, I'd probably hate them too! :) But aside from "because I support Hearts", what are the other reasons? Are there any other reasons?

heres 10 reasons why i hate hibs

1. Mickey Wier

2. 7-0

3. They wear green and i dont like green

4. 90% of their fans are deluded and cretinous

5. 6-2

6. Derek Riordan

7. The Wallace Mercer song

8. John Leslie

9. Fester Road is a dump

10. They take up half (almost) of this great city

I wish.

I'd lead a media campaign against all those who live in caravans.

And peg sellers too.

;)

Don't forget arse lickers! I think they should be your top priority. :)

heres 10 reasons why i hate hibs

1. Mickey Wier

2. 7-0

3. They wear green and i dont like green

4. 90% of their fans are deluded and cretinous

5. 6-2

6. Derek Riordan

7. The Wallace Mercer song

8. John Leslie

9. Fester Road is a dump

10. They take up half (almost) of this great city

The only ones I can really identify with are 6, 7 and 8. But I imagine most Hibs fans think Leslie is an arse as well, and I'm not going to blame their entire club for the behaviour of either him or Riordan. The Mercer song's the one which goes closest to the bone as far as I'm concerned: I can vaguely understand it, but still think it's disgusting and contemptible. But plenty of other supports sing similarly disgusting songs too: Man Utd, Liverpool, Leeds; even Norwich fans with our embarrassing defence of Tony Martin a few years back. And I still don't hate these clubs as a result.

Indeed, arguably the worst chant I've ever come across in British football happened at non-league level ages ago. Hungerford Town v Bedford Town - and the Bedford fans sang:

"One Michael Ryan, there's only one Michael Ryan".

Ryan being the maniac who ran amok through Hungerford in 1987, murdering sixteen people. :eek:

Utter bolloxs m8. My dad is as big a jambo as you will see is and has been a season ticket holder for over 30 years (Sits on the Gorgie Road end and takes my nephews with him now), 500 club member etc been all over Europe following Hearts, yet when he was younger in the 50's and 60's went one week to Tynecastle the next to easter Road, you going to call him a Non fan or any less a fan because he done this, He hates the Hobos but in those days it was the done thing for many. To make that statement they are not Club supporters just shows your complete ignorance to the past. Times change and this would never be done now but then it was. There were numerous reasons for this happening then, either people did not have the money to go to away games or they had family members that supported the "Other side" and they swapped venues each week. I also know older Hibs fans who did the same.

Shaun this isn't an argument you're going to win, or even convert a few to your cause. Personally I agree pretty much wholeheartedly with what you've said in this thread, but for others the hostility to rival clubs and fans is a large part of what going to the footy is about. posturing on a messageboard is just an extension of that.

I can't see a major difference between the "90 minutes of hate" defended here and the "90 minute sectarian bigots" through west (can open, worms everywhere!), but others can. if those who disagree with that genuinely leave the hate at the gates after a game then its mostly harmless.

Shaun this isn't an argument you're going to win, or even convert a few to your cause. Personally I agree pretty much wholeheartedly with what you've said in this thread, but for others the hostility to rival clubs and fans is a large part of what going to the footy is about. posturing on a messageboard is just an extension of that.

I can't see a major difference between the "90 minutes of hate" defended here and the "90 minute sectarian bigots" through west (can open, worms everywhere!), but others can. if those who disagree with that genuinely leave the hate at the gates after a game then its mostly harmless.

I know, JT. And I'm not trying to convert others anyway. Everyone's free to do and hate whatever they want: I'm bound to want to defend my corner though.

I know, JT. And I'm not trying to convert others anyway. Everyone's free to do and hate whatever they want: I'm bound to want to defend my corner though.

There is no defence. You like hibs fair enough but you are the only jambo on the planet I know who does. You can try and defend that all day long but you will fail. This is nothing to do with tribal bollox or hatred but as a hearts fan you have no excuse or reason to like hibs.

Archived