You Just Don't Post This...It Is So Wrong

Deek

Posted on deluded.net by a well known name on Kickback.

Behave! Once a Jambo, always a Jambo - albeit one who doesn't mind and even quite likes Hibs.

It is wrong so wrong. How can a Jambo like the Hibs. We may have Hobo pals and work colleagues, but like the Hibs. Never.:mad:

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is wrong so wrong. How can a Jambo like the Hibs. We may have Hobo pals and work colleagues, but like the Hibs. Never.:mad:

Obvioulsy a part of the brain not functioning right mate.

Doctor FinnBarr

Come on Deek, drop some hints as to who the poster is!

:107years:

It is wrong so wrong. How can a Jambo like the Hibs?. We may have Hobo pals and work colleagues, but like the Hibs. Never.:mad:

You'd have to cast doubts on their Jambo credentials IMO

tommythejambo
You'd have to cast doubts on their Jambo credentials IMO

I'd have to slap him...

(was going to say senseless, but I fear it's already too late for that)

Guest jambomickey
Was it Le Chat?

doubt very much it be le chat mate! i went through to hamilton with le chat and he's as much anti hobo as the rest of us. by the way he's a great lad

I quite like Hibs as well. Without Hibs I wouldn't have had one of the best days of my life.

The Scottish Cup Semi :)

doubt very much it be le chat mate! i went through to hamilton with le chat and he's as much anti hobo as the rest of us. by the way he's a great lad

Err...

(93rd note to self: make more use of emoticons.)

Its more fun if you just drop hints, makes a game of it!

;)

:sad:

I was banned on there for posting on the day we beat Hibs at ER when Zal scored. Wasn't on the wind-up, just posting.

Re-registered and lasted a while but was banned due to being banned on there already.

I won't re-register though. The place is ok sometimes but you have to do a hell of a lot of sucking up eg Shaun Lawson for you not to be considered a yam fud.

It's me. And it's true: I don't mind and even quite like Hibs. This makes me no different to the hundreds, probably thousands of Jambos and Hibees who watched their rivals every other Saturday in the '50s and '60s. Were they wrong to do so?

Each and every person is different. For my own complex reasons, mainly to do with my background and abusive upbringing, I simply don't do hate. It has an absolute ton to do with the influence of the most remarkable person I'll ever know - my Holocaust-surviving grandmother, who is my mentor in life - as well. As a Norwich fan, I don't hate Ipswich - grudgingly, I even quite admire them. And as a Jambo, I respect Aberdeen, don't mind Hibs, and don't even have that big a problem with Celtic. North and south of the border, the clubs I come closest to genuinely hating are Rangers and Wolves.

It's a personal thing, that's all. I've always struggled with large groups, and much preferred the company of close friends. I also tend to be a loner, gravitating to the place opposite from where the majority can be found. As I see it, as someone who loves Edinburgh and adores all aspects of football, it's natural for me to want to discuss it on rival messageboards as well as a Hearts one, and yes, befriend rival fans too.

But that's just me. Contrary to what so many seem to think, there is no exact way any fan should behave, or should or shouldn't do. Every one of us is shaped by complex forces - and frankly, the world would be an extremely boring place if we all acted like automatons, just because we share the love for a particular football team.

:sad:

I was banned on there for posting on the day we beat Hibs at ER when Zal scored. Wasn't on the wind-up, just posting.

Re-registered and lasted a while but was banned due to being banned on there already.

I won't re-register though. The place is ok sometimes but you have to do a hell of a lot of sucking up eg Shaun Lawson for you not to be considered a yam fud.

I don't believe I do suck up to them - but I am polite, friendly and self-deprecating. Qualities which are needed by diplomats and mediators, as well as football fans seeking to build a rapport with supporters of your main rivals.

It's me. And it's true: I don't mind and even quite like Hibs. This makes me no different to the hundreds, probably thousands of Jambos and Hibees who watched their rivals every other Saturday in the '50s and '60s. Were they wrong to do so?

Each and every person is different. For my own complex reasons, mainly to do with my background and abusive upbringing, I simply don't do hate. It has an absolute ton to do with the influence of the most remarkable person I'll ever know - my Holocaust-surviving grandmother, who is my mentor in life - as well. As a Norwich fan, I don't hate Ipswich - grudgingly, I even quite admire them. And as a Jambo, I respect Aberdeen, don't mind Hibs, and don't even have that big a problem with Celtic. North and south of the border, the clubs I come closest to genuinely hating are Rangers and Wolves.

It's a personal thing, that's all. I've always struggled with large groups, and much preferred the company of close friends. I also tend to be a loner, gravitating to the place opposite from where the majority can be found. As I see it, as someone who loves Edinburgh and adores all aspects of football, it's natural for me to want to discuss it on rival messageboards as well as a Hearts one, and yes, befriend rival fans too.

But that's just me. Contrary to what so many seem to think, there is no exact way any fan should behave, or should or shouldn't do. Every one of us is shaped by complex forces - and frankly, the world would be an extremely boring place if we all acted like automatons, just because we share the love for a particular football team.

Well said Shaun.

I think they are an important part of what makes Hearts, Hearts.

I have far more dislike for the OF than Hibs.

I cant stand it when Hibs win, and love to put one over on them.

I cant stand the support my numbers idea of, I must hate this team, I must behave this way - nonsense.

For the record though, i wouldnt go over onto Hibs.net and make them feel any better about it.

I don't believe I do suck up to them - but I am polite, friendly and self-deprecating. Qualities which are needed by diplomats and mediators, as well as football fans seeking to build a rapport with supporters of your main rivals.

Yes, I was maybe a little harsh but certainly you have to be negative about Hearts and positive about Hibs for a sustained period to overcome replies of "LTYF" after every post.

The site isn't as bad as it is made out by some on here but having been banned for nothing on there the first time it's clear that there's an urge from some people on there to ban all yams.

Although, to be honest, I'm quite glad I'm off that site now. I do enough posting on here without wasting my time on a rival's site.

I also agree in part about what you say about Hibs. I hate them when we play them but other than that it's just a general dislike. Hate the OF far more. Would never go as far as saying I like them though.

Nucky Thompson

Deary fecking me:banghead2: Obviously coming from someone who picked the name Hearts out of the paper one day and decided to support us, albeit only online.

It's cringeworthy. Just giving them more ammo. I'd sooner trim my pubes with a strimmer than start a love in on inbred.net.

Deary fecking me:banghead2: Obviously coming from someone who picked the name Hearts out of the paper one day and decided to support us, albeit only online.

Er, no. Is it really that difficult for you to accept that each and every human being is different?

I`m sorry, but my Father came from the 50`, 60`s background of going to games with rival fans but it didn`t make him like them or even say he did`nt mind them!

He often went to games with my Hibs supporting Uncle who was basically his best friend in life.

But both where wholly commited to their own team. They could talk about each others team and discuss football, they admired players on both sides, but deep down they both couldn`t care less about each others club.

I have friends who are Hibs fans. I don`t like their club and they don`t like mine. That`s fine by me. But we are pals and always will be.

In fact, the derby stirs me far more than any other and how you can say you dislike the OF more i don`t know?

The dislike is probably on a par.

It's cringeworthy. Just giving them more ammo. I'd sooner trim my pubes with a strimmer than start a love in on inbred.net.

What 'ammo' does a Jambo being friendly and polite over there give them, ukol? Pray tell.

My dad used to take me to Tynie one week and ER the next. It was a way of life in the late 50's. He was a jambo but some of his mates were hibbies so this arrangement kept them together on Saturday afternoons.

Because of this, I have never been able to work up a decent hatred of the vermin. But I do hate seeing them win and if they ever win the cup there will be no living with my in-laws (who are all hibbies). I will have to ritually disembowel myself if that happens :sad:

I`m sorry, but my Father came from the 50`, 60`s background of going to games with rival fans but it didn`t make him like them or even say he did`nt mind them!

He often went to games with my Hibs supporting Uncle who was basically his best friend in life.

But both where wholly commited to their own team. They could talk about each others team and discuss football, they admired players on both sides, but deep down they both couldn`t care less about each others club.

I have friends who are Hibs fans. I don`t like their club and they don`t like mine. That`s fine by me. But we are pals and always will be.

In fact, the derby stirs me far more than any other and how you can say you dislike the OF more i don`t know?

The dislike is probably on a par.

But that applies to tons of Hearts fans, and hardly just me.

Question is, do you want them to lose every game they play?

Yes, I was maybe a little harsh but certainly you have to be negative about Hearts and positive about Hibs for a sustained period to overcome replies of "LTYF" after every post.

The site isn't as bad as it is made out by some on here but having been banned for nothing on there the first time it's clear that there's an urge from some people on there to ban all yams.

Although, to be honest, I'm quite glad I'm off that site now. I do enough posting on here without wasting my time on a rival's site.

I also agree in part about what you say about Hibs. I hate them when we play them but other than that it's just a general dislike. Hate the OF far more. Would never go as far as saying I like them though.

Possibly. I'm critical of Romanov on there, but not of Hearts - and the fact I was given the soubriquet of 'Charlie Mann' only a couple of weeks back should tell you that I defend my corner plenty too. I don't post about Hibs much, but when I do, because I'm polite, seem to be respected for what I say.

Mind you, I was pretty shocked when another Kickbacker, and as reasonable, decent a sort as you could ever meet - told me she was banned a couple of years back for nothing. I think the place went through a phase after Stuart Crowther left when it became rather more militant for a time, and a lot of Jambos were unjustly booted out: I got a friendly warning from a mod there myself at one point, but survived.

Nucky Thompson
Er, no. Is it really that difficult for you to accept that each and every human being is different?
I can't except a 'Hearts' supporter going onto a Hobo site and saying they like them while they are laughing at our so called demise:mad: It's not fecking right and that goes for both sides.

Question is, do you want them to lose every game they play?

I laugh if they've lost, and aren't much bothered if they win. But I don't really waste my time in terms of wanting them to lose - preferring to invest my emotions in hoping we win.

What 'ammo' does a Jambo being friendly and polite over there give them, ukol? Pray tell.

I can just picture them creaming their pants over a "yam" discussing how we're heading for administration with them. Honestly, I just don't see the need for it. We all know there may be trouble ahead. But the last thing 99.9% of Jambos would do is go onto a hibs board and pander to them about it.

But like you say, we're all different. Maybe if you had to live with them like the rest of us you would understand.

But that applies to tons of Hearts fans, and hardly just me.

I hate the OF.

I hate Hibs, but the OF win in my book as they are EVERYTHING that is wrong with Scottish football.

Hibs are our rivals, they're to be hated. The OF are our cancer.

Shaun, you've got to join in the macho bull**** game of expressing your hatred for your rivals as strongly as possible. The higher the level of hatred the more kudos you gain in the minds of some.

It's the same across in Hibs net, for every 'The Boo' they have his mirror image possibly 'Spamheid'. I think I got bored of that pish about fifteen years ago.

Doesn't make me love getting one over the Barstewards any less, I just don't feel the need to exaggerate any hatred to gain virtual kudos from folk I don't even know.

The Old Firm **** me off far more than Hibs.

I laugh if they've lost, and aren't much bothered if they win. But I don't really waste my time in terms of wanting them to lose - preferring to invest my emotions in hoping we win.

What if we're not playing? Say in a Cup Final Hubs v Celtic?

I can't except a 'Hearts' supporter going onto a Hobo site and saying they like them while they are laughing at our so called demise:mad: It's not fecking right and that goes for both sides.

Where, anywhere, have I 'laughed at our so-called demise'??? :confused:

I can see you at the derby politely clapping when Hibs score in mutual respect. :mad:

;)

There are really some obnoxious, nippy , deluded, mouthpiece Hobos and to pander to them is a crime.

Nothing gives me more pleasure (other than winning a trophy) than beating Hibs and ramming their sheeite back down their throats.

i`m sorry Shaun, in the world of football you have to lead a different life. You are on your own with your own fans and your own club. You have no allies.

What if we're not playing? Say in a Cup Final Hubs v Celtic?

I can answer that one! In 2001, aware of the parallels with 1998, I put a tenner on Hibs to win the Cup on third round day. This meant that, come the final, I was insured to some degree against their wait finally ending - but was most entertained when it didn't.

However, if/when they finally do it, I won't begrudge them, and will probably congratulate them to be honest. It has to happen at some point.

FTH that sums it up for me.

if hibs were playing tiddlywinks I would want them to get beat

I have many hibs freinds and most of my family hobos

This does not make me feel sorry for them or like them a little

This infact makes me feel the opposite.

I can see you at the derby politely clapping when Hibs score in mutual respect. :mad:

;)

Wrong again! I have clapped England's opponents at Wembley on occasion when they've scored a brilliant goal (Chile in '98, France the following year) - but would hardly do so at a derby. I'd just be ****ed off that we were losing.

Nothing gives me more pleasure (other than winning a trophy) than beating Hibs and ramming their sheeite back down their throats.

i`m sorry Shaun, in the world of football you have to lead a different life. You are on your own with your own fans and your own club. You have no allies.

I agree. Respect and a fondness for your rivals is a rugby thing imo.

There are really some obnoxious, nippy , deluded, mouthpiece Hobos and to pander to them is a crime.

There are some obnoxious, dippy, deluded Jambos too. They exist within every support. As for allies: well, maybe. Perhaps I've lost all respect on here for being so honest. But I can't help being myself - and secretly, I guarantee there will be people who feel similarly, but just don't deem it wise to say so in public.

Wrong again! I have clapped England's opponents at Wembley on occasion when they've scored a brilliant goal (Chile in '98, France the following year) - but would hardly do so at a derby. I'd just be ****ed off that we were losing.

I was joking. Every one has their own opinions which they are entiltled too. If it was up to me, I'd have them bankrupt tomorrow.

There are some obnoxious, dippy, deluded Jambos too. They exist within every support. As for allies: well, maybe. Perhaps I've lost all respect on here for being so honest. But I can't help being myself - and secretly, I guarantee there will be people who feel similarly, but just don't deem it wise to say so in public.

I don't hate Hibs, most of my mates are Hibbies.

but saying you like them is pushing the envelope mate!

I can just picture them creaming their pants over a "yam" discussing how we're heading for administration with them. Honestly, I just don't see the need for it. We all know there may be trouble ahead. But the last thing 99.9% of Jambos would do is go onto a hibs board and pander to them about it.

But like you say, we're all different. Maybe if you had to live with them like the rest of us you would understand.

Oh, sure. Unquestionably, my perspective's different because I grew up down here. But there it is again: 'creaming their pants'. Eh?

This phrase gets used on here all the time: it never ceases to amaze me. Do you honestly think any poster on a football messageboard actually ejaculates into their underwear when people reply to them on a thread? Do you honestly think any Hibs fans would do the same just because I'm prepared to calmly debate things with them? Really? Really?

Note Mugwa's post above. It's just macho posturing. Online, there's pressure for people to sound as 'hard' or intolerant as possible, just to prove how much they love the club. But to love something, you don't have to hate, or even dislike, something else. Many do - but others don't.

Archived