You Just Don't Post This...It Is So Wrong

Deek

I meant how would you react if a poster from JKB was spotted on Follow Follow admitting that he quite liked Rangers?

You don't need to read it on FollowFollow to know that a few in here are quite fond of Rangers.

But in answer to your question, I'd probably ask them why....what it is about Rangers that gives them that warm fuzzy feeling of fondness. :)

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:Agree:

I think that's fair comment, Gambo. Though, given SUSS' post above (sorry mate: put my foot in it again!), this may be because I've remained, I hope, polite and reasonable. Things could've got out of control if I hadn't - but I don't think that's been the case really.

You have remained polite and reasonable and as i said the vast majority of the thread imo has been polite and reasonable.

I agree some of the abuse you have had to take is wrong, but it has not been as bad (all abuse is bad, i am talking about the quantity) as some are making out(imo).

But in answer to your question, I'd probably ask them why....what it is about Rangers that gives them that warm fuzzy feeling of fondness. :)

But that would be unpleasant and picking on one person would it not? :P

The People's Chimp
Incidentally, I have started a poll on a Norwich board, as Gambo suggested. You can see how it's shaping up here:

http://www.wrathofthebarclay.co.uk/interactive/board/

All that has achieved is to make me very, very happy we use vbulletin on here. What a crappy message board.

Anyway, to the point in hand, first up, if it wasn't for your verbosity shaun, there is no way this would have been a 12 page thread. Ssecondly, I find the references to bob crampsey, yitzhak rabin and so on to be utterly ludicrous.

Hibs. FTH. ##########, indeed. Would I ever want them going to the wall? No. The derby is the best game of the season, every time. It's what it's all about. It's the game I tell non scottish friends, or people I meet, about. It's how I define Hearts, sometimes, through our relentless superiority over them. I would never want them, regardless of the wants and fantasies of the petty, pathetic and distasteful regulars over the road, going out of business.

Equally, though, I would never go over the road and be an uncle tom to their prejudices. The kick they get out of it, for example, or the way you sell your own fellow fans short, by indulging them, is the reason it has provoked so much ire over here.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
You don't need to read it on FollowFollow to know that a few in here are quite fond of Rangers.

Fair enough.

I was just checking you would have the same attitude towards a mini Hun. :)

Not even going to ask folk what they would say if someone said they liked Sellick. :eek:

You have remained polite and reasonable and as i said the vast majority of the thread imo has been polite and reasonable.

I agree some of the abuse you have had to take is wrong, but it has not been as bad (all abuse is bad, i am talking about the quantity) as some are making out(imo).

I think that's why it's harder to sit back and watch. When one person is getting abuse and only responds with politely worded responses, and the personal digs keep coming...it makes it quite difficult to not say anything.

All that has achieved is to make me very, very happy we use vbulletin on here. What a crappy message board.

Anyway, to the point in hand, first up, if it wasn't for your verbosity shaun, there is no way this would have been a 12 page thread. Ssecondly, I find the references to bob crampsey, yitzhak rabin and so on to be utterly ludicrous.

Hibs. FTH. ##########, indeed. Would I ever want them going to the wall? No. The derby is the best game of the season, every time. It's what it's all about. It's the game I tell non scottish friends, or people I meet, about. It's how I define Hearts, sometimes, through our relentless superiority over them. I would never want them, regardless of the wants and fantasies of the petty, pathetic and distasteful regulars over the road, going out of business.

Equally, though, I would never go over the road and be an uncle tom to their prejudices. The kick they get out of it, for example, or the way you sell your own fellow fans short, by indulging them, is the reason it has provoked so much ire over here.

Where have I done this?

As for the Crampsey and Rabin stuff: I'm not comparing myself with those people! Titans, both, in entirely different ways. I mentioned them, though, because there have always been people who act completely against the views of most of their 'tribe', and got plenty of stick for it. In my own sad, insignificant way, that's all I do on hibs.net: I just go against the norm.

Do I think it's fair people should question or criticise me for this? Absolutely. Do I think it's really any big deal, though? Not really - no.

Fair enough.

Not even going to ask folk what they would say if someone said they liked Sellick. :eek:

What else could I do? I'd have the same attitude in terms of what you can post without getting into trouble and what is polite.... but I'd definitely have less time for a mini Hun than someone who sympathises a little with the Leithers. Damn right.

On the Sellick thing, I hope that anyone who fancies posting how much they like them saves it for the next International break. It would keep this board buzzing nicely for at least a week.... ;)

J.T.F.Robertson

Well said! "All things to all men", comes to mind.

Fair enough.

I like Sel... Nah, only kidding! :)

My take on Hearts fans with a soft spot for Rangers, or even Celtic, is this. I have no problem with them - as long as they're decent, reasonable people. The trouble is, in the cases of some (only some, mind) who have a thing for Minty Moonbeams' lot, they are deeply reactionary individuals with very unpleasant attitudes on all manner of things. Hence my deprecation of them.

My take on Hearts fans with a soft spot for Rangers, or even Celtic, is this. .

My take is that i give Heart of Midlothian FC ALL my support, i have no 0.5% or soft spot to give away to other teams.

I do not deny anyone the right to have a soft spot for other teams i just don't understand why.

Guest S.U.S.S.
My take is that i give Heart of Midlothian FC ALL my support, i have no 0.5% or soft spot to give away to other teams.

I do not deny anyone the right to have a soft spot for other teams i just don't understand why.

Ladies and Gentlemen, i give you........

Mr Hearts

(Sorry Gambo, couldnt resist!)

Not for everyone it isn't. I've always found something slightly sad about people all doing the same thing and acting in the same way. At school, it leads to bullying. In world affairs, it leads to wars. And down the years, there have always been individuals willing to act against the express wishes of their particular 'tribe'. The Tories would have no chance of winning the next election if David Cameron hadn't. Labour wouldn't have been in power for so long if Tony Blair hadn't. Israel wouldn't have signed the Oslo Peace Accords if Yitzhak Rabin hadn't. And the peace process in Northern Ireland wouldn't have advanced so far if David Trimble hadn't.

I could go on. And no, I'm hardly arrogant enough to compare myself with those men - what I am saying, though, is just as human nature often involves conforming with others in order to feel a shared sense of identity, so others sometimes forge a different route. In football, that's what I do - because it's just who I am.

FFS, we`re talking about football here. Your going too deep.

I reckon Shaun is entitled to his opinions as we all are. Fair play to him he's stuck with this and argued his case well, and hasn't had to reduce himself to petty jibes or insults. The guy hasnt been born into Hearts or lived in Edinburgh to fully appreciate the rivalry and thats something a lot of people should take into consideration, even by his own admission he hasnt really experienced derby games as many of us have.

My dislike and I will admit bordering on hatred of the vermin stems from many things.

Their fans are the most sickening and vile in the SPL as far as Im concerned, Yes the OF are full of bile and hatred and bigotted. Would they stoop as low as to sing songs about a man who died from a terminal illness? There whole support at Tynecastle disrespected the minutes applause they couldnt boo thats day because we applauded but the deliberately turned their backs that whole end, which was the only way in which they could disrespect the man. Had there been a minutes silence i can safely put a bet on that end would have booed throughout it entirely.

Their fans openly sing racist chants at Hearts players and they think its ok, that they are not racist (Skacel)

Their fans or should say casuals, also find it amusing and the done thing to walk into pubs and haul out an OAP sitting on his own and assualt him in the street.

Smashing up Gorgie, Dalry, Shandon, fountainbridge etc whenever they come to Tynie. Harrassing innocent people in the streets, woman with kids etc.

They seem to think they are somehow better than us with their mythetical dreams of flair football, that they are a better club.

Also there has never yet been a word of gratitude or thanks from their club to Hearts and actually Rangers for that matter for when CELTIC petitioned to have them removed from the Scottish League in 1929, Hibs were banned from competing because of this, and Hearts petitioned to re-instate them and played several charity matches against Hibs to raise money for them so they could survive, and believe it or not Rangers also did the same and played them in a one off game to help raise money for them. All these games Hearts played and the one off Rangers played were classed as "illegal" games by the Scottish League which led to fines for Hearts. Hibs were eventually re-instated. and to this day not one mention of thanks from those ungratefull bunch of vermin has been recieved openly by Hearts. They don't even print these incidents in ther history or tell their kids about these events, because to do so would be telling them if it wasnt for their greatest rivals they would not be in exsistence.

I could go into many more reasons why i despise hibs and their fans. Those are the main ones at the moment that spring to mind

I reckon Shaun is entitled to his opinions as we all are. Fair play to him he's stuck with this and argued his case well, and hasn't had to reduce himself to petty jibes or insults. The guy hasnt been born into Hearts or lived in Edinburgh to fully appreciate the rivalry and thats something a lot of people should take into consideration, even by his own admission he hasnt really experienced derby games as many of us have.

My dislike and I will admit bordering on hatred of the vermin stems from many things.

Their fans are the most sickening and vile in the SPL as far as Im concerned, Yes the OF are full of bile and hatred and bigotted. Would they stoop as low as to sing songs about a man who died from a terminal illness? There whole support at Tynecastle disrespected the minutes applause they couldnt boo thats day because we applauded but the deliberately turned their backs that whole end, which was the only way in which they could disrespect the man. Had there been a minutes silence i can safely put a bet on that end would have booed throughout it entirely.

Their fans openly sing racist chants at Hearts players and they think its ok, that they are not racist (Skacel)

Their fans or should say casuals, also find it amusing and the done thing to walk into pubs and haul out an OAP sitting on his own and assualt him in the street.

Smashing up Gorgie, Dalry, Shandon, fountainbridge etc whenever they come to Tynie. Harrassing innocent people in the streets, woman with kids etc.

They seem to think they are somehow better than us with their mythetical dreams of flair football, that they are a better club.

Also there has never yet been a word of gratitude or thanks from their club to Hearts and actually Rangers for that matter for when CELTIC petitioned to have them removed from the Scottish League in 1929, Hibs were banned from competing because of this, and Hearts petitioned to re-instate them and played several charity matches against Hibs to raise money for them so they could survive, and believe it or not Rangers also did the same and played them in a one off game to help raise money for them. All these games Hearts played and the one off Rangers played were classed as "illegal" games by the Scottish League which led to fines for Hearts. Hibs were eventually re-instated. and to this day not one mention of thanks from those ungratefull bunch of vermin has been recieved openly by Hearts. They don't even print these incidents in ther history or tell their kids about these events, because to do so would be telling them if it wasnt for their greatest rivals they would not be in exsistence.

I could go into many more reasons why i despise hibs and their fans. Those are the main ones at the moment that spring to mind

Great post.

I must admit the Wallace Mercer issue really left a sour taste in my mouth.

Singing and celebrating a terminal illness. Fecking disgusting.

They still sing it to this day as well. :mad:

MacDonald Jardine
Funny thing is, we have 'fans' on here who are clearly hugely sympathetic to Rangers, almost openly.

Such people are consistently banging on about their 'other' teams, yet Shaun, who does not come on here to give anyone grief and does far more for the club than many many others, is getting dogs abuse for having his own opinion.

total nonsense.

What "other teams"?

Rangers?

If not a number of people follow teams in different leagues.

Are you equating the two and suggesting Shaun is openly sympathetic to Hibs?

MacDonald Jardine
I think it's quite funny, to be honest - and that Macdonald Jardine's admirable attempt to deflect posters' attention in post 374 failed so utterly too!

Glad someone noticed.

That has to be a wind up.

Great post.

I must admit the Wallace Mercer issue really left a sour taste in my mouth.

Singing and celebrating a terminal illness. Fecking disgusting.

They still sing it to this day as well. :mad:

Thanks AP.

Yes they still sing the songs to this day. For all the hatred and bitterness between the OF when Tommy Burns died the Rangers fans respected him and vice versa when Rangers players died. Cooper being an obvious. Ok these guys were players but they still played for clubs who vehemently hate each other.

I have also noticed lately Hibs fans even mocking McRaes Battallion and jibes about this are now being made. I posted a thread about it last week how one of them had posted on the EEN. For me these fans are the ultimate low life pieces of trash, and i wouldnt even **** on them if one of them was on fire, Id add more petrol.

Thanks AP.

Yes they still sing the songs to this day. For all the hatred and bitterness between the OF when Tommy Burns died the Rangers fans respected him and vice versa when Rangers players died. Cooper being an obvious. Ok these guys were players but they still played for clubs who vehemently hate each other.

I have also noticed lately Hibs fans even mocking McRaes Battallion and jibes about this are now being made. I posted a thread about it last week how one of them had posted on the EEN. For me these fans are the ultimate low life pieces of trash, and i wouldnt even **** on them if one of them was on fire, Id add more petrol.

That's disgusting. I assumed the EEN post, removed quickly after some whackjob left it there, was the work of one drunken lowlife. But if the sentiment is shared by a group of them... ugh.

That's disgusting. I assumed the EEN post, removed quickly after some whackjob left it there, was the work of one drunken lowlife. But if the sentiment is shared by a group of them... ugh.

Shaun

The post was eventually removed. It was posted late one night when obviously the EN dont have mods there (So really there shouldnt be any posting allowed if they cant moderate the forums) so it was viewable all night. I reported it that night and when it wasnt removed i posted on here to make people aware, I reported again in the morning as did others i think and eventually it was removed. This is not an isolated incident though, and others have made their jibes, only today another one was made again by another hobo.

Shaun

The post was eventually removed. It was posted late one night when obviously the EN dont have mods there (So really there shouldnt be any posting allowed if they cant moderate the forums) so it was viewable all night. I reported it that night and when it wasnt removed i posted on here to make people aware, I reported again in the morning as did others i think and eventually it was removed. This is not an isolated incident though, and others have made their jibes, only today another one was made again by another hobo.

Thanks - and I stand corrected. One thing this whole thread has been for me is educational: there are many things I'm ignorant or naive about, and this is just another example. Shocking. :sad:

Thanks AP.

Obviously Hearts have a lot of low lifes and idiots but 12,000 of us watched them disgrace themselves at Tynecastle while we paid tribute to Wallace Mercer, and it wasn't a minority. Everyone of them, to a man, turned their back or made grave digging gestures or whatever else they could do to offend him.

I've seen videos since then of the whole of The Roseburn bar signing songs about Mercer as well and again, it's more than a few of them.

I'm just waiting for someone to bring up the Pope minutes silence but that is a completely different thing altogether.

Thank god we drowned them out with applause for Mercer and then gave them an absolute tanking on the pitch.

Obviously Hearts have a lot of low lifes and idiots but 12,000 of us watched them disgrace themselves at Tynecastle while we paid tribute to Wallace Mercer, and it wasn't a minority. Everyone of them, to a man, turned their back or made grave digging gestures or whatever else they could do to offend him.

I've seen videos since then of the whole of The Roseburn bar signing songs about Mercer as well and again, it's more than a few of them.

I'm just waiting for someone to bring up the Pope minutes silence but that is a completely different thing altogether.

Thank god we drowned them out with applause for Mercer and then gave them an absolute tanking on the pitch.

Spot on, i agree entirely with that. I too have seen the videos on youtube etc, where as you say it is not a minority.

I agree we have our idiots as well, every team has them, but there idiots seem to be the majority not a minority as is the case with most teams.

The popes mintues silence booing as you say is an entirely different issue, as much as it did us no credibility at all and did shame us, it was a very small minority out of some 15,000+ Hearts fans. I will openly admit here I was not happy having to stand and pay respect to a religous leader at a football match, I will pay my respects my way and being told or forced into having to pay respects for someone i dont have any affiliation with and has nothing to do with football is not agreeable in my book. I did not boo it only because i didnt want shame brought on my club. I still believe to this day we were set up there. The SFA new this would happen that there was always going to be a problem from some, Minutes silences had already been observed elsewhere why that day as well?

Spot on, i agree entirely with that. I too have seen the videos on youtube etc, where as you say it is not a minority.

I agree we have our idiots as well, every team has them, but there idiots seem to be the majority not a minority as is the case with most teams.

The popes mintues silence booing as you say is an entirely different issue, as much as it did us no credibility at all and did shame us, it was a very small minority out of some 15,000+ Hearts fans. I will openly admit here I was not happy having to stand and pay respect to a religous leader at a football match, I will pay my respects my way and being told or forced into having to pay respects for someone i dont have any affiliation with and has nothing to do with football is not agreeable in my book. I did not boo it only because i didnt want shame brought on my club. I still believe to this day we were set up there. The SFA new this would happen that there was always going to be a problem from some, Minutes silences had already been observed elsewhere why that day as well?

I agree with this.

I was embarrassed with the Hearts booer's that day. Not necessarily because they boo'ed but because they allowed themselves to fall into the trap set for them.

I had hoped Hearts fans would have had more intelligence to fall for such an obvious set-up.

This post should be made a sticky at the top of the board until it ever closes. It is also the reason no one who supports our great team should give that lot one iota of respect.

FTH.

To be honest mate, I think Hibs fans turning their back on your respects to Wallace Mercer was probably the best you could hope for.

I'm sure that you know WM tried to effectively destroy Hibs. By turning their backs they effectively allowed 'you' to pay your respects unhindered. (I'll accept that there was some who perhaps did more than turn their backs).

Whilst I am sure you will disagree, I thought that insisting respects were to be paid at this particular game was somewhat cynical given the history and circumstances.

Personally I have no time for the WM song nor have I ever heard anyone disrespect McRae's Battalion.

Back on topic, Shaun is a reasoned and intelligent poster and has credibility on both boards for entirely those reasons.

Seems to me that he also understands completely what being a football supporter is. It is about 'supporting' your team and not in fact, measured by how much you hate someone else's.

For this I cant really see his outlook changing all that much when he moves to Scotland but then I dont know him and I'm basing this on his internet persona's integrity so perhaps I will be proved wrong, though it will be a shame if I am.

I am curious though, you say the Pope's minute silence is a different thing altogether. How so?

Regards

To be honest mate, I think Hibs fans turning their back on your respects to Wallace Mercer was probably the best you could hope for.

I'm sure that you know WM tried to effectively destroy Hibs. By turning their backs they effectively allowed 'you' to pay your respects unhindered. (I'll accept that there was some who perhaps did more than turn their backs).

Whilst I am sure you will disagree, I thought that insisting respects were to be paid at this particular game was somewhat cynical given the history and circumstances.

Personally I have no time for the WM song nor have I ever heard anyone disrespect McRae's Battalion.

Back on topic, Shaun is a reasoned and intelligent poster and has credibility on both boards for entirely those reasons.

Seems to me that he also understands completely what being a football supporter is. It is about 'supporting' your team and not in fact, measured by how much you hate someone else's.

For this I cant really see his outlook changing all that much when he moves to Scotland but then I dont know him and I'm basing this on his internet persona's integrity so perhaps I will be proved wrong, though it will be a shame if I am.

I am curious though, you say the Pope's minute silence is a different thing altogether. How so?

Regards

No-one said hibs fans had to respect WM that day by just standing still and not applauding they could have walked away with their heads held high knowing they didnt bring shame on their club and at the same time not join in an applause for him. But that filth took it further and turned their backs and made gestures which is every bit as bad as booing a minutes silence, and as alrady pointed out it was NOT a minority, the entire hibs support that day were involved. As it was the majority who also sand the somgs about the man. Irrespect of anything WM may have done right or wrong, he was a human being that died from a terminal illness, whose family were there that day in the stand as well. It was just ironic that the Hibs game was the first game after his passing (However i suppose there will be some retards in the hibs support would say that was planned as well)

The disrespect to McRae's Battallion was evident last week when I posted the link to it where it was viewable on the EEN.

As for the booing of the popes minutes silence, i thought i had explained why there was a difference still out of order and chould never have been boos, but this was ANOTHER minutes silence for a religious leader. He had nothing to do with football or any particular team why should football fans be made to respect any religous leader no matter what faith they are. Respects were paid to the pope at previous games why the need to do it again? Celtic had had a minutes silence before then. As was pointed out this was a complete set up because the SFA knew it would lead to trouble that there would be some element within the Hearts support would try to do something. Wallace Mercer was a football man so deserved respect within football, the pope wasnt i hope that clears up why there was a difference.

No-one said hibs fans had to respect WM that day by just standing still and not applauding they could have walked away with their heads held high knowing they didnt bring shame on their club and at the same time not join in an applause for him. But that filth took it further and turned their backs and made gestures which is every bit as bad as booing a minutes silence, and as alrady pointed out it was NOT a minority, the entire hibs support that day were involved. As it was the majority who also sand the somgs about the man. Irrespect of anything WM may have done right or wrong, he was a human being that died from a terminal illness, whose family were there that day in the stand as well. It was just ironic that the Hibs game was the first game after his passing (However i suppose there will be some retards in the hibs support would say that was planned as well)

The disrespect to McRae's Battallion was evident last week when I posted the link to it where it was viewable on the EEN.

As for the booing of the popes minutes silence, i thought i had explained why there was a difference still out of order and chould never have been boos, but this was ANOTHER minutes silence for a religious leader. He had nothing to do with football or any particular team why should football fans be made to respect any religous leader no matter what faith they are. Respects were paid to the pope at previous games why the need to do it again? Celtic had had a minutes silence before then. As was pointed out this was a complete set up because the SFA knew it would lead to trouble that there would be some element within the Hearts support would try to do something. Wallace Mercer was a football man so deserved respect within football, the pope wasnt i hope that clears up why there was a difference.

This is clearly an emotive issue so I will try to be mindful of that whilst discussing it here and still make my points.

I'm sorry that you feel the turning of the backs was disrespectful. The way I saw it was that it was a Null-respectful gesture f that makes sense.

You were allowed to pay your respects to a 'Hearts' man as you should be. In turn Hibs fans were able 'not' to pay respect to someone who they rightly (IMO) had no respect for without inhibiting yourself to do as you wished.

Can you honestly say the Hearts support would behave differently or better had the historical roles been reversed. If you say yes, and truly believe it I direct you to the second point of this discourse, the Pope's minute silence.

Wether or not there should have been a minutes silence is a moot point. the fact of the matter is there 'was' a planned minutes silence which was not adhered to by a number of Hearts fans.

To claim that Hearts fans were set up by the SFA is completely absurd. Do you really think that the SFA would deem it worthwhile to make Hearts look bad by bringing shame upon not only Hearts, but themselves and Scotland as a whole in front of an international media from New york to Beijing? C'mon now fella.

Which brings me to my concluding point, given that neither set of fans have behaved entirely appropriattely in the situations we are talking about.

Does that not mean that any attempt to take a moral high ground is a little bit disingenious?

I do read kickback quite often and had followed the link you mentioned but it had been removed before I got to it. All I can do is re-iterate that I have never heard anyone being disrespectful to McRae's Battalion. I think its likely to be kids looking for a reaction rather than an endemic part of a Hibs supporters make up. Agree?

As has been pointed out previously on this site, Wallace Mercer saved hibs pitiful existence.

Their disrespect for the man is sickening - he should have let them go the same way as Third Lanark, and if it wasn't for Sir Wallace, that's EXACTLY what would have happened.

As has been pointed out previously on this site, Wallace Mercer saved hibs pitiful existence.

Their disrespect for the man is sickening - he should have let them go the same way as Third Lanark, and if it wasn't for Sir Wallace, that's EXACTLY what would have happened.

Of course, what you say is broadly correct. WM galvanised the Hibs support into taking action which has lead us to where we are today.

Ironic I suppose that he is a Hearts hero and a Hibs enemy then? Perhaps not.:)

Of course, what you say is broadly correct. WM galvanised the Hibs support into taking action which has lead us to where we are today.

Ironic I suppose that he is a Hearts hero and a Hibs enemy then? Perhaps not.:)

Come on Sancho, give us a "I quite like the Hearts" post. Then let us all know your username on .net.:)

I meant how would you react if a poster from JKB was spotted on Follow Follow admitting that he quite liked Rangers?

I think we all know the anwer to that. But it's different, because eh.... well.....Actually it's not different at all. The double standards from some people is astounding depending on who's posted.

:boak: Need I say more?

In fact yes, I do need to say more. I could never bring myself to fawn over Hibs and their neanderthal fans, and I think any 'Jambo' who does needs their ferkin heads read.

I thought that 'Jambo through and through' Ewan Cameron was bad enough on Real Radio telling us how he likes Hibs brand of silky Soccer and how he's more of a 'football fan' than a Hearts fan (even though his username on here suggests otherwise - in other words he's full of shet), but I have to say that SL takes the cake with his sycophantic ramblings over on the dark side :boak:

Chad Sexington
I think we all know the anwer to that. But it's different, because eh.... well.....Actually it's not different at all. The double standards from some people is astounding depending on who's posted.

Correct.

Shaun gets a nice cyber hug for being such a lovely guy, while if certain other posters had praised the Huns on Follow Follow they would be worse than Hitler.

You cant have it both ways.

Do you have the same opinion on Hearts fans who don't mind Rangers?

I gather you are female, yes?

Maybe you don't understand the rivalry between Hibs and Hearts either? :eek:

only barely. she's got massive hands and a fair-sized adam's apple too.

i'm guessing she's post-op.

This thread's just going to go on and on, isn't it? So nice to be appreciated - or, er, something...

Correct.

Shaun gets a nice cyber hug for being such a lovely guy, while if certain other posters had praised the Huns on Follow Follow they would be worse than Hitler.

You cant have it both ways.

I'd say I've had considerably more criticism (and understandably so) than cyber hugs, to be honest. And besides, I mentioned my rule on Rangers sympathisers anyway: fine by me, as long as they're decent people and not reactionary neanderthals.

This thread's just going to go on and on, isn't it? So nice to be appreciated - or, er, something...

Hobo lover

cobbyshambles
It's me. And it's true: I don't mind and even quite like Hibs. This makes me no different to the hundreds, probably thousands of Jambos and Hibees who watched their rivals every other Saturday in the '50s and '60s. Were they wrong to do so?

Each and every person is different. For my own complex reasons, mainly to do with my background and abusive upbringing, I simply don't do hate. It has an absolute ton to do with the influence of the most remarkable person I'll ever know - my Holocaust-surviving grandmother, who is my mentor in life - as well. As a Norwich fan, I don't hate Ipswich - grudgingly, I even quite admire them. And as a Jambo, I respect Aberdeen, don't mind Hibs, and don't even have that big a problem with Celtic. North and south of the border, the clubs I come closest to genuinely hating are Rangers and Wolves.

It's a personal thing, that's all. I've always struggled with large groups, and much preferred the company of close friends. I also tend to be a loner, gravitating to the place opposite from where the majority can be found. As I see it, as someone who loves Edinburgh and adores all aspects of football, it's natural for me to want to discuss it on rival messageboards as well as a Hearts one, and yes, befriend rival fans too.

But that's just me. Contrary to what so many seem to think, there is no exact way any fan should behave, or should or shouldn't do. Every one of us is shaped by complex forces - and frankly, the world would be an extremely boring place if we all acted like automatons, just because we share the love for a particular football team.

:hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish:

Oh man, this thread's been bumped again. Noooooooo....

The only way you can save yourself is to go over to .Net and post this:

caravan.jpg

Archived