You Just Don't Post This...It Is So Wrong

Deek

I don't hate Hibs, most of my mates are Hibbies.

but saying you like them is pushing the envelope mate!

It is a bit - a red flag popped into my head before I wrote it on there! - but I tend to ignore those whenever they crop up. Ah well.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is, of course, an objective truth when supporting Hearts; anything else is just a quagmire of relativism:

Hearts supporters manual:

Page 14 (paragraph 22)

What to hope for in the following scenarios:

Hibs v Rangers - (Hibs winning does not result in them winning a trophy or European place) - Draw.

Hibs v Rangers (Hibs winning results in them winning a trophy or European place) - Rangers win

Hibs v Celtic (Hibs winning does not result in them winning a trophy or European place) - Draw

Hibs v Celtic (Hibs winning results in them winning a trophy or European place) - Celtic win

Hibs v any other club in the world - any other club in the world win

I was joking. Every one has their own opinions which they are entiltled too. If it was up to me, I'd have them bankrupt tomorrow.

Fair enough.

I agree. Respect and a fondness for your rivals is a rugby thing imo.

I think the reality is closer to Shaun's comment that everyone is different. A football support is a pretty broad church. I've talked to guys who attended matches in the 50s and 60s who've told me it was a good weekend if Hearts won and an even better one when both Edinburgh teams won. I'm equally certain there were guys from that era who thought no such thing, as Barney Battles has said above.

Actually liking Hibs and wanting them to do well has never been part of my outlook, but I was part of what was obviously the tail-end of a custom of attending Tynecastle one Saturday, ER the next for a season or two when I first started going to football. Always loved it when the f*****s lost, though.

Spare me with all this "50s and 60s" garbage.

Racism was widely accepted in these times. Does that make it right?

Capital Punishment was still used in these times. Does that make it right?

Jeezus - rationing was still in effect in the 50s! Is that a good thing too?!!

The vermin are subhuman lowlife filth. If some "Jambos" wish to go over there and give their rims a damn good cleaning, so be it.

Just don't expect respect for doing so.

Spare me with all this "50s and 60s" garbage.

Racism was widely accepted in these times. Does that make it right?

Capital Punishment was still used in these times. Does that make it right?

Jeezus - rationing was still in effect in the 50s! Is that a good thing too?!!

The vermin are subhuman lowlife filth. If some "Jambos" wish to go over there and give their rims a damn good cleaning, so be it.

Just don't expect respect for doing so.

You don't give fellow human beings 'a damn good rim cleaning' just by being friendly and polite. And if it makes you feel good to refer to them as 'subhuman, lowlife filth', so be it - I just find it utterly bizarre, especially coming from a grown man.

Oh, sure. Unquestionably, my perspective's different because I grew up down here. But there it is again: 'creaming their pants'. Eh?

This phrase gets used on here all the time: it never ceases to amaze me. Do you honestly think any poster on a football messageboard actually ejaculates into their underwear when people reply to them on a thread? Do you honestly think any Hibs fans would do the same just because I'm prepared to calmly debate things with them? Really? Really?

Note Mugwa's post above. It's just macho posturing. Online, there's pressure for people to sound as 'hard' or intolerant as possible, just to prove how much they love the club. But to love something, you don't have to hate, or even dislike, something else. Many do - but others don't.

There's nothing macho about it. I don't have a severe hatred for hibs. I have mates who support them but what i can't stick is pandering to them. They spend most of their time talking about how we'll go bust and Tynecastle flats etc and then you go on and agree with them and spur them on.

Honestly, it gives me the boak. There is nothing macho about looking out for and defending your football club. Fwiw, I thought the same when Rocky used to come on here sooking. There's just no need IMO.

Well said Shaun.

I think they are an important part of what makes Hearts, Hearts.

I have far more dislike for the OF than Hibs.

I cant stand it when Hibs win, and love to put one over on them.

I cant stand the support my numbers idea of, I must hate this team, I must behave this way - nonsense.

For the record though, i wouldnt go over onto Hibs.net and make them feel any better about it.

Fair dos Dr B, and cheers for this. Good to know someone else can at least see where I'm coming from, and isn't afraid to say so.

Nucky Thompson
Where, anywhere, have I 'laughed at our so-called demise'??? :confused:
I meant they(Hobos) laughing at our so called demise.

There's nothing macho about it. I don't have a severe hatred for hibs. I have mates who support them but what i can't stick is pandering to them. They spend most of their time talking about how we'll go bust and Tynecastle flats etc and then you go on and agree with them and spur them on.

Honestly, it gives me the boak. There is nothing macho about looking out for and defending your football club. Fwiw, I thought the same when Rocky used to come on here sooking. There's just no need IMO.

Wrong again - see how easily stereotyped all this can become? I don't go on there and agree with them if they say we're going bust, Tynie's going to be turned into flats or whatever; I defend my corner. Hence my being termed 'Charlie Mann'. But I do express my deep criticism of Vlad, and concerns over the future, just as I do on here, where my views are hardly any secret.

And you're quite right: there is nothing macho about looking out for and defending my football club. It's something I do all the time. But I don't consider it necessary to criticise or deprecate my club's rivals in the process, and really don't see why it would be either.

I meant they(Hobos) laughing at our so called demise.

So I go on there and talk to them - big deal. And I disagree with them all the time over our impending demise too.

Wrong again - see how easily stereotyped all this can become? I don't go on there and agree with them if they say we're going bust, Tynie's going to be turned into flats or whatever; I defend my corner. Hence my being termed 'Charlie Mann'. But I do express my deep criticism of Vlad, and concerns over the future, just as I do on here, where my views are hardly any secret.

And you're quite right: there is nothing macho about looking out for and defending my football club. It's something I do all the time. But I don't consider it necessary to criticise or deprecate my club's rivals in the process, and really don't see why it would be either.

I think were all slightly worried about the future, but the last thing I can imagine anyone wanting to do, is discuss it with our rivals. It's just inviting critisism. But each to their own and all that.

Nucky Thompson
So I go on there and talk to them - big deal. And I disagree with them all the time over our impending demise too.
No you don't go on and talk to them, you go on and say you like them while they(the Hobos) are spurting all over their screens at our so called demise.

I think were all slightly worried about the future, but the last thing I can imagine anyone wanting to do, is discuss it with our rivals. It's just inviting critisism. But each to their own and all that.

If I had a fear of inviting criticism, I'd have stopped subjecting you all to my constant waffle years ago! I'm big enough and ugly enough to take it though, and probably delight on some level at doing the unconventional thing. In my own slightly sad way, of course.

As a mate of mine put it the other day: "Long live tolerance. And total ****ing disdain". :)

No you don't go on and talk to them, you go on and say you like them while they(the Hobos) are spurting all over their screens at our so called demise.

Yes - which just makes me honest. And while some of them are delighted at what they hope will transpire, a good number of them actually are not.

MacDonald Jardine

I have to say my perception from what I've read over there is that you do pander to them.

I also think anyone would have to to stay on as long as you have.

Being termed "Charlie Mann" over there just means you don't accept absolutely all of the nonsens about our imminent demise that appears daily.

I can understand why coming from where you do you wouldn't necessarily have any feelings on Hibs one way or the other, and may not understand what it's like to be in the same city, but some of the bile over there should make you cringe.

And from what I've seen on Hearts related posts it isn't a minority.

I have to say my perception from what I've read over there is that you do pander to them.

I also think anyone would have to to stay on as long as you have.

Being termed "Charlie Mann" over there just means you don't accept absolutely all of the nonsens about our imminent demise that appears daily.

I can understand why coming from where you do you wouldn't necessarily have any feelings on Hibs one way or the other, and may not understand what it's like to be in the same city, but some of the bile over there should make you cringe.

And from what I've seen on Hearts related posts it isn't a minority.

That's all fair comment. On the bile you mention: to be honest, I think I just filter it out. It's easy to do so online really. And crucially, because I've been accepted over there, I don't tend to come in for personal abuse, and the mods step in if there is any - meaning my perspective is bound to be different from many other Jambos, I guess.

gorgie rd eh11

Everybody is different Shaun, but i think you overestimate the amount of Hearts fans who "quite like the hibs", you're in a tiny minority there. I know a lot of Jambos and i don't think i have ever heard any of them say that.

Everybody is different Shaun, but i think you overestimate the amount of Hearts fans who "quite like the hibs", you're in a tiny minority there. I know a lot of Jambos and i don't think i have ever heard any of them say that.

It is probably a tiny minority who 'quite like them', I agree - but there are probably a good deal more who don't mind them when all's said and done.

I'm sorry Shaun but that is disgraceful. Sorry, but IMO you're not a bone fide Jambo like the rest of us who actually live up here, only support one team (ie the JTs) and would never go erse licking on that hole of a site.

Really, really poor man. In my eyes you're not a true Jambo and never will be, sorry man but thats my opinion. Don't know how any Jambo could possibly even consider liking Hibs...I just don't get it.

Poor patter.

Chad Sexington
It is probably a tiny minority who 'quite like them', I agree - but there are probably a good deal more who don't mind them when all's said and done.

I think I've said this before, but I'm sure the fact you live in Oxford would make it easier to look on the vermin in a more benevolent light.

You don't have to live in the same city as the morons.

I'm sorry Shaun but that is disgraceful. Sorry, but IMO you're not a bone fide Jambo like the rest of us who actually live up here, only support one team (ie the JTs) and would never go erse licking on that hole of a site.

Really, really poor man. In my eyes you're not a true Jambo and never will be, sorry man but thats my opinion. Don't know how any Jambo could possibly even consider liking Hibs...I just don't get it.

Poor patter.

Fair enough, that's your opinion. As I've said though, the idea that we all automatically have to behave in a certain way just because we're Jambos completely baffles me.

I think I've said this before, but I'm sure the fact you live in Oxford would make it easier to look on the vermin in a more benevolent light.

You're almost certainly right. Though the background I mentioned earlier in the thread would of course apply whether I'd grown up and lived in Edinburgh or not. Hopefully, all being well, I'll get the chance to discover soon enough: it's certainly top of my list for places to relocate to, jobs and credit crunch permitting.

Fair enough, that's your opinion. As I've said though, the idea that we all automatically have to behave in a certain way just because we're Jambos completely baffles me.

Thats true, but I'm sure you'd think different if you had to encounter Hobos on a dailly basis.

Thats true, but I'm sure you'd think different if you had to encounter Hobos on a dailly basis.

As I've just said to Chad, hopefully I'll get to find out one way or the other soon enough anyway. :)

My husband and all his family are all Hobo's and I also posted on Hibs.Net for a a couple of year.

I only ever posted on threads that were about Hearts (which is a fair number) as the threads on Hibs matters did not really interest or concern me, to be fair I was not abusive to any o their regulars and generally just fought the Jambo's corner, but as one poster could not stop himself being abusive and personal I decided to stop posting on there.

I could never ever say that I like Hibs in any way and I honestly want them to get beat in EVERY match, (including the OF) they play unless a victory for them was beneficial to Hearts. The day they got relegated I drank to their demise once i stopped laughing.

I can only guess that the reason you feel otheriwse is because you do not attend many matches and do not work and/or live in the same city as hibs fans

As I've just said to Chad, hopefully I'll get to find out one way or the other soon enough anyway. :)

Sound dude, you'll soon change your tune :thumb:

MacDonald Jardine
That's all fair comment. On the bile you mention: to be honest, I think I just filter it out. It's easy to do so online really. And crucially, because I've been accepted over there, I don't tend to come in for personal abuse, and the mods step in if there is any - meaning my perspective is bound to be different from many other Jambos, I guess.

I don't understand how it is so easy.

Any "Yam" poster over there is at best met with condescension and often abuse unless he toes the "We're doomed and we know we are" line, which marks them out as one of the very few "realists" who they might just feel the smallest bit sorry for if Hearts went bust (but always remembering you are vastly outnumbered by head in the sand Yam fuds who they really want to stick it right up.)

I also can't fathom what enjoyment there is in debating (in so far as you can) with these cretins.

And I'm from the East of Edinburgh so I'm used to talking about football with Hibs fans, just not the kind of **** you seem to get over there.

Guest jambomickey

spot on chad! there pure vermin and they will always be in our shadow

Not surprised at all

The poster in question clealy deems some sort of importance and after failing to obtain it on here has went elsewhere for it

His posts on here are cringeworthy, if he's not sharing his tendencies to harass woman whilst their spending time with their BF's he's trying to elect himself as leader of some sort of group

After both his attempts to promote himself into some sort of position of power on here failed, he has clearly just seeked an easier group of people to try and lead

Any hearts fan who doesnt want hibs to fail is not a hearts fan

I don't understand how it is so easy.

Any "Yam" poster over there is at best met with condescension and often abuse unless he toes the "We're doomed and we know we are" line, which marks them out as one of the very few "realists" who they might just feel the smallest bit sorry for if Hearts went bust (but always remembering you are vastly outnumbered by head in the sand Yam fuds who they really want to stick it right up.)

I also can't fathom what enjoyment there is in debating (in so far as you can) with these cretins.

And I'm from the East of Edinburgh so I'm used to talking about football with Hibs fans, just not the kind of **** you seem to get over there.

What happens in my case, I think, is if someone just writes abuse, I zoom over it and look for something interesting to debate. When you've heard something so often, it just ceases to have any impact in my view. I do agree that it's a lot easier to be accepted over there if you just buy into their constant worst case scenarios - but while being admittedly self-deprecating (which comes naturally to me anyway TBH), I don't think I do. Nor does someone like lost in leith (apologies for naming him on the thread!), who is as moderate and reasonable a poster as you'll ever come across, both there and on here.

There's cretins on there, there's cretins on here - but there's plenty of good, thought-provoking posters in both places too. More than enough to keep me amused, anyway.

Not surprised at all

The poster in question clealy deems some sort of importance and after failing to obtain it on here has went elsewhere for it

His posts on here are cringeworthy, if he's not sharing his tendencies to harass woman whilst their spending time with their BF's he's trying to elect himself as leader of some sort of group

After both his attempts to promote himself into some sort of position of power on here failed, he has clearly just seeked an easier group of people to try and lead

Are you mentally ill?

Seriously.

Nucky Thompson
Not surprised at all

My God I can't disagree with that:eek:

I have no idea why people have to be so aggressively tribal when they are on chat forums. They obviously aren't that aggressive elsewhere, they probably mingle with those that they claim to hate every day, without saying boo.

Sometimes it's just nice to talk about football, and other stuff, without the name calling.

Yours

aDONis

Are you mentally ill?

Seriously.

Yes Im schizophrenic

Both my personalities stick by those comments though

Your a complete fame/power seeker and tbh you remind me of my boss, has absolutely zero power, is the last to know everything and doesnt realise it and then tries to act smart when they find things out 3 weeks behind the times:rolleyes:

As for my comment re the girls BF, have a reread of your comments on that thread, they surely will make you cringe like they did the rest of KB

Chad Sexington
I have no idea why people have to be so aggressively tribal when they are on chat forums. They obviously aren't that aggressive elsewhere, they probably mingle with those that they claim to hate every day, without saying boo.

Sometimes it's just nice to talk about football, and other stuff, without the name calling.

Yours

aDONis

Beat it sheepsh****r.

:P;)

Yours

aDONis

No-one is saying otherwise, but we don't tell Hibs fans we like Hibs every day either.

My God I can't disagree with that:eek:

A pity, given it's unadulterated fantasy and gibberish, for which I really ought to report him. Prancer's idea of my 'harassing women' involved me relating on here my best friend's text messages when she was taken to Parkhead. And as for looking for a 'position of power', I said over and over and over again that I had no interest in heading any campaign, wouldn't be able to give it enough time, and would clearly be quite wrong for such a role.

And yet despite me repeating this ad nauseum, it still doesn't appear to have permeated Prancer's skull.

A pity, given it's unadulterated fantasy and gibberish, for which I really ought to report him. Prancer's idea of my 'harassing women' involved me relating on here my best friend's text messages when she was taken to Parkhead. And as for looking for a 'position of power', I said over and over and over again that I had no interest in heading any campaign, wouldn't be able to give it enough time, and would clearly be quite wrong for such a role.

And yet despite me repeating this ad nauseum, it still doesn't appear to have permeated Prancer's skull.

What skull?

Commander Harris
Yes Im schizophrenic

Your a complete fame/power seeker and tbh you remind me of my boss, has absolutely zero power, is the last to know everything and doesnt realise it and then tries to act smart when they find things out 3 weeks behind the times:rolleyes:

As for my comment re the girls BF, have a reread of your comments on that thread, they surely will make you cringe like they did the rest of KB

point of order: People with Schizophrenia don't have multiple personalities, that would be Dissociative Identity Disorder.

my apologies for this :mw_offtopic: interjection.

shaun serious question, how many hearts games do you get too?

Usually 8 or 10 a season. None this season though, because I'm completely broke, and caught in a transitional phase between finishing my doctorate and looking for work. I can't miracle the dosh up from nowhere - but come the New Year, should have things sorted.

Guest jambomickey
Usually 8 or 10 a season. None this season though, because I'm completely broke, and caught in a transitional phase between finishing my doctorate and looking for work. I can't miracle the dosh up from nowhere - but come the New Year, should have things sorted.

wasn't having a pop! just asked because if you were at games most weeks you would maybe understand more about hibs being our biggest rivals!

Nucky Thompson

I don't know about the women thing but he has a point about being an internet fan and trying to take over at some top table of Hearts fans.

Yes Im schizophrenic

Again, all utter nonsense. My thread about my best friend was just a lighthearted distraction, and taken as such by most who read it. And again: what kind of fame/power seeker is regularly self-deprecating, and made a point of stating he couldn't and wouldn't lead any campaign over and over again? Well?

Believe it or not, a Hibs fan sent me a PM the other week - and said he thought I did myself a chronic disservice by actually lacking self-confidence in the way I do. Yes, that's right: I lack self-confidence. Perfect qualities for a fame and attention seeker, eh? Give me strength.

I don't know about the women thing but he has a point about being an internet fan and trying to take over at some top table of Hearts fans.

How so, given I continually said I didn't want to and had no interest in doing such a thing?

I doubt the mods would agree, you are actually only meant to report posts which clearly breach a rule - I cant see which one it breaks

And no your "best friend" attended a game at park head - willingly I would assume and hope - and you then spent 2 hours trying to tell us how awful she found it in the hope people would applaud you for being such a staunch jambo and hating celtic

As for no interest in heading it, you did not say that and when I challenged you as to why you where to be exempt from the same procedures as the other members you refused to answer

The only thing that has permuated my brain is that your clearly a bit bitter your not an important person in real life and spend your life on football fan sites looking for power.

Your probably the only jambo who would go onto hibs.net and try and seek their approval

wasn't having a pop! just asked because if you were at games most weeks you would maybe understand more about hibs being our biggest rivals!

No worries mate! And you could well be right: as I've said, I'll hopefully get the chance to find out soon anyway.

Shaun is a smart cookie.

far more so than the majority on here, he is thoughtful and thorough person.

He is a Hearts supporter, but not like many others.

Partly thorough his geographical location, partly through choice.

He does not support Hearts in the same was as many others, and why the hell should he?

Who is to say that the way they express support is the right way?

Shaun therefore has a different take on things, something that we shoudl find refreshing, not something to mock.

I mean for gods sake, the attitude of some on here is virtually set in the dark ages....its different....therefore I dont understand it....therefore I dont like it.....I better destroy it!

People on here want to prove they are better than Hibs fans? Then why adopt the sam attitude as them?

I say good on Shaun, for being Shaun. It hursts no-one

Its just a shame that he has to defend himself, and is applauded simply for being himself in light of many others lashing out at him for being a bit different.

Shaun is a smart cookie.

far more so than the majority on here, he is thoughtful and thorough person.

He is a Hearts supporter, but not like many others.

Partly thorough his geographical location, partly through choice.

He does not support Hearts in the same was as many others, and why the hell should he?

Who is to say that the way they express support is the right way?

Shaun therefore has a different take on things, something that we shoudl find refreshing, not something to mock.

I mean for gods sake, the attitude of some on here is virtually set in the dark ages....its different....therefore I dont understand it....therefore I dont like it.....I better destroy it!

People on here want to prove they are better than Hibs fans? Then why adopt the sam attitude as them?

I say good on Shaun, for being Shaun. It hursts no-one

Its just a shame that he has to defend himself, and is applauded simply for being himself in light of many others lashing out at him for being a bit different.

I

Do

Not

Agree

Archived