You Just Don't Post This...It Is So Wrong

Deek

Do you have a girlfriend Prancer?

Serious question.

:)

Come on Chad, I take it you never saw his picture when it was posted accidently?:o

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prancer I think you have just saved shauns bacon:)

I think you're right but I'd like to thank Prancer for entertaining me with this thread for the last 5 minutes.

There are skeletons in every closet, I suppose. Both sides have their differences and while I do honestly think that ultimately, Mercer did you a favour...I won't bother trying to put that argument to you when I'm not sure that I wouldn't feel much the same if it had been the other way around.

But what's this stuff about Romanov making gestures?

It was when Hibs fans were singing Sunshine on Leith before the start of the 2-0 game at Easter Road. Romanov responded by putting his fingers down his throat as if he was about to throw up!

Again I wouldnt expect Tom Farmer (or Rod Petrie if you think Sir Tom is never seen at Easter Road, which isn't the case as he is often seen in the Fomous Five stand fans pub area before home games) to respond in any way to Hearts playing or Hearts fans singing the Hearts song before a game at Tynecastle.

Chad Sexington
Come on Chad, I take it you never saw his picture when it was posted accidently?:o

You know Deek, I missed it. Totally gutted. :mad:

Probably for the best though.

It would only make me feel inadequate. :sad:

It's me. And it's true: I don't mind and even quite like Hibs. This makes me no different to the hundreds, probably thousands of Jambos and Hibees who watched their rivals every other Saturday in the '50s and '60s. Were they wrong to do so?

Each and every person is different. For my own complex reasons, mainly to do with my background and abusive upbringing, I simply don't do hate. It has an absolute ton to do with the influence of the most remarkable person I'll ever know - my Holocaust-surviving grandmother, who is my mentor in life - as well. As a Norwich fan, I don't hate Ipswich - grudgingly, I even quite admire them. And as a Jambo, I respect Aberdeen, don't mind Hibs, and don't even have that big a problem with Celtic. North and south of the border, the clubs I come closest to genuinely hating are Rangers and Wolves.

It's a personal thing, that's all. I've always struggled with large groups, and much preferred the company of close friends. I also tend to be a loner, gravitating to the place opposite from where the majority can be found. As I see it, as someone who loves Edinburgh and adores all aspects of football, it's natural for me to want to discuss it on rival messageboards as well as a Hearts one, and yes, befriend rival fans too.

But that's just me. Contrary to what so many seem to think, there is no exact way any fan should behave, or should or shouldn't do. Every one of us is shaped by complex forces - and frankly, the world would be an extremely boring place if we all acted like automatons, just because we share the love for a particular football team.

a totally reasonable explanation, Shaun. for me its just as simple as the fact that my support for Hearts is based on Hearts themselves, rather than who I don't like. I don't need to hate Hibs to validate that, so I'm not particularly concerned about them either way - except on derby day!

tommythejambo

Well I'm gutted I wasted several minutes of my life reading this.

Worst argument ever.

However, I did like the way Prancer managed to transform a Hearts fan who had been quoted in saying he likes Hibs into the good guy.

Prancer...JKB's comic baddie.

Hearts fans don't seem to understand the hurt you caused to our club when Mercer tried to close us down. For a number of years after that I just couldn't stomach going to Tynecastle and giving any money to a club that was prepared to do that to us.

Get real, you Hibees never liked us. I remember going to games in the 70's against Hibs and there were pitched battles in and out the grounds.

As for coming to Tynecastle, I can remember plenty of games when you never sold your allocation, something we always managed at Fester Road.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Shaun I'm not having a go at you here. You are a good poster and clearly intelligent, but have you ever been to a Hearts game?

If you lived in Edinburgh and put up with them every day you would never ever say you liked Hibs.

Edinburgh's a small town. All this talk of vermin and sub-human trash etc is just nonsensical. If you choose your friends by which team they support good luck to you but I think it's a crazy way to live our life.

I want Hibs to lose 90% of the time, except when they play Celtic or Rangers when I really couldn't care less, or when a win for them would directly benefit Hearts. And they are comedy gold.

Get real, you Hibees never liked us. I remember going to games in the 70's against Hibs and there were pitched battles in and out the grounds.

As for coming to Tynecastle, I can remember plenty of games when you never sold your allocation, something we always managed at Fester Road.

Exactly, the jealousy and much inflated inferiority complex goes back years - well before Wallace Mercers attempt at mercy killing.

Edinburgh's a small town. All this talk of vermin and sub-human trash etc is just nonsensical.

indeed.

It was when Hibs fans were singing Sunshine on Leith before the start of the 2-0 game at Easter Road. Romanov responded by putting his fingers down his throat as if he was about to throw up!

Again I wouldnt expect Tom Farmer (or Rod Petrie if you think Sir Tom is never seen at Easter Road, which isn't the case as he is often seen in the Fomous Five stand fans pub area before home games) to respond in any way to Hearts playing or Hearts fans singing the Hearts song before a game at Tynecastle.

:eek:

Not the fingers-down-the-throat gesture....what a scoundrel....

Edinburgh's a small town. All this talk of vermin and sub-human trash etc is just nonsensical.

Shut up you.

:hobofish:

I've always wanted to do that.

:biggrin:

:eek:

Not the fingers-down-the-throat gesture....what a scoundrel....

Maybe he just don't like the Proclaimers - even thinking about them makes me want to vomit!

Shaun I'm not having a go at you here. You are a good poster and clearly intelligent, but have you ever been to a Hearts game?

If you lived in Edinburgh and put up with them every day you would never ever say you liked Hibs.

Just read the rest of the thread and you have answered this question.

I just cant understand how a Jambo can say he LIKES Hibs. Ridiculous.

Only Prancer could attract the attention to himself on a thread like this. Jeez.

Edinburgh's a small town. All this talk of vermin and sub-human trash etc is just nonsensical...

Edinburgh may be a small town but it'd be a better town without the ##########.

Our capital city would benefit greatly by an ethnically cleansing of the dock area.

:wink:

really

i can't remember you ever posting on here............. re any match that you have attended at tynecastle park.

That's probably because, given I've only been able to get to eight or so a year, a lot of the games have been fairly nondescript and unremarkable. Possibly my favourite Tynie memory was the final game of 99/0: we beat Hibs to get into Europe, Juanjo scored a peach, and the atmosphere was wonderful. Really warm and positive - and whereas at other times, someone like Makel would've been slagged off for giving the ball away, on that day, the attitude was more "unlucky mate - good idea".

Anyone else recall that day?

Well I'm gutted I wasted several minutes of my life reading this.

Worst argument ever.

However, I did like the way Prancer managed to transform a Hearts fan who had been quoted in saying he likes Hibs into the good guy.

Prancer...JKB's comic baddie.

Yes, on second thoughts, I was rather harsh. Prancer, I think I love you! Let's have you back on here more often. :)

Meanwhile folks, according to others on here, I was an Aberdeen fan last week, and a Hibs fan this week? Next week Matthew, I'm going to be... a Celtic fan? :eek:

Chad Sexington
I always thought he had the look of a rapscallion about him.

The scallywag.

Wrong.

Vlad is clearly a heel.

;)

As a previous poster said, Hibs are our rivals and the OF are the blight of Scotttish football and the media-mask for Scotland's shame. Self-deprecating humour at the expense of Hearts in order to ingratiate yourself to the fans of either our rivals or the Bigot Bros is abhorrent to me. Why would you want to? Going on other clubs' MBs to noise them up is sport. Sleeping with the enemy is just perverted...

That's probably because, given I've only been able to get to eight or so a year, a lot of the games have been fairly nondescript and unremarkable. Possibly my favourite Tynie memory was the final game of 99/0: we beat Hibs to get into Europe, Juanjo scored a peach, and the atmosphere was wonderful. Really warm and positive - and whereas at other times, someone like Makel would've been slagged off for giving the ball away, on that day, the attitude was more "unlucky mate - good idea".

Anyone else recall that day?

Shaun you dont have to justify yourself with how many games you have attended. I lived in London for 3 years and hardly made a game. My best mate is still there and hardly makes a game (see you next month Mike).

You just dont say you like our main opposition, our object of derision, our born enemy. :sad:

If you supported Arsenal, would you like Spurs? If you were a Liverpool fan. would you secretly like Man Utd. Not on your Nelly (By the way where is he).

Football is based on rivalries and the Hobo's are are sworn enemy.

Yes, on second thoughts, I was rather harsh. Prancer, I think I love you! Let's have you back on here more often. :)

Meanwhile folks, according to others on here, I was an Aberdeen fan last week, and a Hibs fan this week? Next week Matthew, I'm going to be... a Celtic fan? :eek:

Stop praising our rivals then!

A large part of why I and many others love football is due to RIVALRY AND HATRED.

I've been to plenty of Hearts games - but I don't live in Edinburgh. I appreciate it must be different for people who go to work with Hibees on a Monday morning, live with them, drink with them and so on. Of course, in my eternal perversity, it's perfectly possible my views will remain even if and when I move up there - we'll just have to see.

Incidentally, I totally appreciate why my comments over there seemed so alarming. Do you have a traitor in the midst? Am I who I say I am? Well, rest assured, I am. When we had the first CHARM meeting back in July, a couple of people there naturally had doubts they asked me about too - which I cheerfully reassured them about. No-one needs to tell me how unusual or weird I am - believe me, I know it better than anyone else - but for all my faults, I'm just another Jambo.

Shaun you dont have to justify yourself with how many games you have attended. I lived in London for 3 years and hardly made a game. My best mate is still there and hardly makes a game (see you next month Mike).

You just dont say you like our main opposition, our object of derision, our born enemy. :sad:

If you supported Arsenal, would you like Spurs? If you were a Liverpool fan. would you secretly like Man Utd. Not on your Nelly (By the way where is he).

Football is based on rivalries and the Hobo's are are sworn enemy.

Point taken - but what about Liverpool/Everton? Oh, and Nelly: he's in Chicago, I believe!

Stop praising our rivals then!

A large part of why I and many others love football is due to RIVALRY AND HATRED.

I love the rivalry aspect of football - but not the hatred.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Having had the pleasure of meeting Mr Lawson he is certainly 100% Jambo and a great guy as well.

I am at a loss re his comments but its his opinion and he is entitled to it.

NO MATTER HOW WRONG!:)

As a previous poster said, Hibs are our rivals and the OF are the blight of Scotttish football and the media-mask for Scotland's shame. Self-deprecating humour at the expense of Hearts in order to ingratiate yourself to the fans of either our rivals or the Bigot Bros is abhorrent to me. Why would you want to? Going on other clubs' MBs to noise them up is sport. Sleeping with the enemy is just perverted...

I dunno Spelly: you've always struck me as an individual too, TBH. You say perverted (hee hee!); I say, 'different'.

Having had the pleasure of meeting Mr Lawson he is certainly 100% Jambo and a great guy as well.

I am at a loss re his comments but its his opinion and he is entitled to it.

NO MATTER HOW WRONG!:)

Hooray! You finally disagree with me on something! You were beginning to worry me there, mate... :)

Point taken - but what about Liverpool/Everton? Oh, and Nelly: he's in Chicago, I believe!

Thanks for the info on Nelly. But your answer belonged to the Palace Of Westminster. What about Liverpool/Everton?

I love the rivalry aspect of football - but not the hatred.

90 minutes of hatred is what seperates football from the rest.

Take cricket for example.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Hooray! You finally disagree with me on something! You were beginning to worry me there, mate... :)

Actually, ive decided to agree with you!

Kidding people, just keep shooting at Shaun i was joking!;)

As you say, distance from the hobos may be a contributing factor in being able to tolerate and possibly in some small, insignificant, non vomit inducing way kind of, sort of, like them a bit.

Can you please list any medication you are currently on so we may see if its a contributing factor! :eek::)

Guest S.U.S.S.

Yes, please take cricket and throw it away, i HATE cricket.

(thats probably as i dont understand it, and i dont want to!!!!):)

Nucky Thompson
I have no doubt you are a very likable chap shaun but I still maintain you can't have the real feelings of a born and bred Jambo. No disrespect and I hope it doesn't come over pompous.

I dunno Spelly: you've always struck me as an individual too, TBH. You say perverted (hee hee!); I say, 'different'.

Yeah I had a moment's pause about writing "perverted" but it kinda complemented the "sleeping with the enemy" part!:)

You say the difference is the geographical separation but when I've lived in London I followed Fulham and hated Chelsea (still do, but I don't like Fulham either LOL!). When in Munich I followed Bayern and still have a soft spot for them. 1860 were relegated the year before so it didn't really matter there but I sure had no fondness for Stuttgart...Rivalry is the key thing for me and buddying up to your rivals is just wrong as it takes away a huge part of the point of having a footballing allegiance...

Guest S.U.S.S.
I have no doubt you are a very likable chap shaun but I still maintain you can't have the real feelings of a born and bred Jambo. No disrespect and I hope it doesn't come over pompous.

So you have to be born to something to love it?

I think thats a little harsh, (i know you dont mean it to be)

Born to it or not, Shaun has given up his time and money to do things for the Hearts fans that many of the born and bred mob simply cant be arsed to do. They are content to sit on their behind and not lift a finger to change things, most likely until its too late.

So you have to be born to something to love it?

I think thats a little harsh, (i know you dont mean it to be)

Born to it or not, Shaun has given up his time and money to do things for the Hearts fans that many of the born and bred mob simply cant be arsed to do. They are content to sit on their behind and not lift a finger to change things, most likely until its too late.

Like what? I was out the country when this meeting thing took place and I've missed it all.

Rubbish.

90 minutes of emotion is what seperates football from any other sport in the world. Hatred need not be a part of it.

"The Beautiful Game", as was once coined. Remove the hatred, and it becomes exactly that.

Pantomime in football is all part of the fun. But hatred? Give me a break.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Like what? I was out the country when this meeting thing took place and I've missed it all.

Dont you think thats a question better directed to Shaun, im not his PR guru!:)

Seriously tho, discussions took place a while back where courses of actions regarding potential situations were discussed to get a feel what people may or may not back. This was done to ensure fans were not left flat footed should things take a turn for the worse.

(it was not a case of meeting and then speaking on behalf of all fans, simply a group of hearts fans meeting to chat situations through so if need be they can present some options as they see it to the masses)

Thanks for the info on Nelly. But your answer belonged to the Palace Of Westminster. What about Liverpool/Everton?

What I meant was, there is no way all Liverpool fans hate Everton and vice versa; and some on both sides probably secretly like the other.

Rubbish.

90 minutes of emotion is what seperates football from any other sport in the world. Hatred need not be a part of it.

"The Beautiful Game", as was once coined. Remove the hatred, and it becomes exactly that.

Football was once termed 'The Beautiful Game' by Brazilians regarding the way they played the game, not how the game is supported.

90 minute hatred of the opposition, especially local opposition, has been part and parcel of the game since the first ball was kicked.

Yeah I had a moment's pause about writing "perverted" but it kinda complemented the "sleeping with the enemy" part!:)

You say the difference is the geographical separation but when I've lived in London I followed Fulham and hated Chelsea (still do, but I don't like Fulham either LOL!). When in Munich I followed Bayern and still have a soft spot for them. 1860 were relegated the year before so it didn't really matter there but I sure had no fondness for Stuttgart...Rivalry is the key thing for me and buddying up to your rivals is just wrong as it takes away a huge part of the point of having a footballing allegiance...

OK, let's rephrase this. Do you think it's possible to love a particular football club, without going in for any of the tribalism which most fans define themselves by? I do - but of course, I'm perverted. :)

Rubbish.

How is it rubbish?

I bet the majority on here HATE teams for 90 minutes.

Pantomime in football? Give me a break.

That's ok mate. I do understand, for reasons I've talked about, particularly in post 177.

Anyway back on topic:p:p:p

TRO_1a.jpg

You sharing your personal sob stories with us again Prancer? I'm so sorry she told you to get lost.

OK, let's rephrase this. Do you think it's possible to love a particular football club, without going in for any of the tribalism which most fans define themselves by? I do - but of course, I'm perverted. :)

Sure it is. I do it myself... but I sure don't buddy up to rival fans. I take the pesh out of them when possible and argue my corner (which has been quite difficult these last 2 years!) when they try to extract the urine from Hearts..."Hate" is too strong a word for me but there is very little I like about any Scottish club apart from Hearts.

Being a fan of a team is a way of life for many you could say a religion. It doesnt matter what team it is many or most fans are "Born into it" mostly through family traditions ie father supporting the team and taking you when you are young.

For me I was 4 year old when my dad took me to my first Hearts match in 1976 against Motherwell in the league cup we won 4-1.

Hearts became installed into me, just as they do for many fans. Growing up watching the team going through all the emotional ups and downs the rivalry grows on you. I do think to experience the intense rivalry and at times Hatred (For Some) towards Hibs you have to be born into it, and its the same for Hibs fans. You can become involved later and support a team from an older age and you can have the rivalry for your rivals but Im not so sure it is as intense and at the same level.

Archived