1 member has voted

1. 1. Csaba Approval Poll

• Csaba is doing a decent job and we are making progress
    • There is zero progress - we are a shambles - Csaba must go

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo
The Kaunus dud shoe horned into the team almost got us the equaliser if it wasnae for Mcnamara clearing of the line.

Or if it wisnae for a lack of composure when presented with a fairly straightforward chance from 6 yards

Very few people are disagreeing that some progress has been made. The point I am making re this poll is that there is the particularly extreme option that had sack Csaba lumped in.

One guy proposed this & made several points to back up his opinion and it seems at least a couple of dozen 'fans' agree with him.

Or if it wisnae for a lack of composure when presented with a fairly straightforward chance from 6 yards

I won't judge the new guy on Saturday as once again we played someone out of position but what I will say is that at the time I thought it was a shocker and having now watched the highlights it confirmed it was a gilt edged chance which should have been buried.

Nelly Terraces
I won't judge the new guy on Saturday as once again we played someone out of position but what I will say is that at the time I thought it was a shocker and having now watched the highlights it confirmed it was a gilt edged chance which should have been buried.

Sad to say, that's true. The bloke bottled it and that should've been in the back of the net.

Guest JamboRobbo

I wouldn't judge him either. IMO, thats part of the reason guys shouldn't be rushed straight into the starting 11 before they are ready (unless they are top quality signings). Give new signings a bit of time to adjust to the tempo etc.

We've had Ruben waiting a long time for a start. He's either good enough or he's not. If he's not, then why are we wasting our time with him in the squad. If he is, then why didn't he get his chance on Saturday instead of a guy who'd just arrived........that was a rhetorical question btw. :P

The Kaunus dud shoe horned into the team almost got us the equaliser if it wasnae for Mcnamara clearing of the line.

So that makes it all okay then,he misses a goal and that makes up for him being shoe horned in,a defencive midfielder playing out wide,what terrific management that is.

I have to get a new user name, I get blamed for everything around here

Persecution on an almighty scale...I think that everytime I see your user name actually. :biggrin:

This 'usual suspects' thing is a nonsense anyway...it suggests that there are distinctly separate schools of thought on Hearts related issues and there aren't really. There's black and white, but in the middle there's a whole load of people who see lots of grey in between. I think it's just the JKB effect, it makes people automatically want to opt for extremes.

I really don't know where this stuff is coming from. Yes, we can have a laugh and joke sometimes about the tendency for knee-jerk reactions on here but this is just so ludicrous it's just plain weird. The team need time, Csaba needs time...it's only 15th September. They're currently making progress and that's a good thing. That's really the bottom line for me.

i think Csaba is getting a lot more out of some of the players (Stewart, Zaliukas, Mole), no enough out of others (Kingston, Wallace) and much the same or minor improvement out of the rest.

I do think there's been limited progress but I'd like to be able to judge him on his own merits, no on the minimal improvement possible when having team formation and some of your selections dictated to you. which I believe is what's happening.

I wouldn't judge him either. IMO, thats part of the reason guys shouldn't be rushed straight into the starting 11 before they are ready (unless they are top quality signings). Give new signings a bit of time to adjust to the tempo etc.

We've had Ruben waiting a long time for a start. He's either good enough or he's not. If he's not, then why are we wasting our time with him in the squad. If he is, then why didn't he get his chance on Saturday instead of a guy who'd just arrived........that was a rhetorical question btw. :P

Palazuelos like Cesnauskis is being s**t on from a great height in my opinion. Both are technically much better that other's getting games in their natural positions and both deserve an opportunity of a run in the side. Given the form Stewart is in I would be putting Ruben in beside him and Cesnauskis should be given 5 or 6 starts at right midfield to see what he can do. If Kingston's form doesn't pick up very quickly I'd be tempted to play Miko in the hole for a game or two also.

I think Saturday will tell a lot

I'll be there cheering on everyone as per usual. I'll sing Shabba's name but this I will gaurantee

We will not get a clean sheet and Mole will not score

Colin Nish is better than Mole

So that makes it all okay then,he misses a goal and that makes up for him being shoe horned in,a defencive midfielder playing out wide,what terrific management that is.

Obua jumped the queue and was 'shoe-horned' in and no doubt Tullberg will do the same when he was fit, Mrowiec didn't play at Hamilton and only got his debut when 3 players who'd played or been in the squad for the Hamilton match were missing....and started the game in a position that I wouldn't fancy Palazeulos playing in, Csaba seems happy to keep Ruben as a back up player so far this season and has played several other people ahead of him in games not just Mrowiec.

Guest JamboRobbo
Csaba's okay. There's definite progress on the pitch. Romanov's still an ass-wipe though.

that sums up my feelings too.

Butt out Vlad. And korobotchup. And Cernakov. Leave Csaba to do his job.

I think Saturday will tell a lot

I'll be there cheering on everyone as per usual. I'll sing Shabba's name but this I will gaurantee

We will not get a clean sheet and Mole will not score

Colin Nish is better than Mole

What if we do, and he does? You'd better have something pretty impressive lined up after causing all this fuss...

:P

Obua jumped the queue and was 'shoe-horned' in and no doubt Tullberg will do the same when he was fit, Mrowiec didn't play at Hamilton and only got his debut when 3 players who'd played or been in the squad for the Hamilton match were missing....and started the game in a position that I wouldn't fancy Palazeulos playing in, Csaba seems happy to keep Ruben as a back up player so far this season and has played several other people ahead of him in games not just Mrowiec.

If you keep saying it over and over someone somewhere might actually believe you :)

Did Obua play in the position he was brought in to play?

Will Tullberg play in the position he was brought in to play?

Face facts NMH, players from F C U K Kaunas do get shoe horned in at someone betters expense.

What if we do, and he does? You'd better have something pretty impressive lined up after causing all this fuss...

:P

redm contrary to common opinion on here, I get absolutely zero pleasure from being so negative.

I used to be so positive until the fat Lith killed my club by ripping it's Heart right out

We play a centre forward that is scared to go into the box. I don't know the exact stats (i'm sure someone will tell us) but his goal per game ratio must be about 1:20 possibly 1:25.

That simply is disgraceful

Laryea will be on the team sheet already, and he will do his usual - NOTHING!

The Greek will make wayward pass after wayward pass. Some new nobody will get a starting place.

Wallace will run around like a headless chicken and everyone on here will still say "Csaba da man!"

If you keep saying it over and over someone somewhere might actually believe you :)

I keep saying it cos it's true - Stewart, Karipidis, Mrowiec, Ksanavicius, Obua, Kingston have all been preferred to Palazeulos this season, Palazeulos has got 2 late sub appearances at Hamilton & Falkirk, some people have suggested that Csaba doesn't fancy him much - this may or may not be true but it appears he prefers him less than the other players.

I keep saying it cos it's true - Stewart, Karipidis, Mrowiec, Ksanavicius, Obua, Kingston have all been preferred to Palazeulos this season, Palazeulos has got 2 late sub appearances at Hamilton & Falkirk, some people have suggested that Csaba doesn't fancy him much - this may or may not be true but it appears he prefers him less than the other players.

Or he simply isn't allowed to play him as Romanov insists on playing other's like Karipidis in the hope he can sell him come January ;)

Csaba knows his stuff but there are still decisions being taken that are not benefitting the team and are not his footballing decisions.

Guest JamboRobbo
redm contrary to common opinion on here, I get absolutely zero pleasure from being so negative.

I used to be so positive until the fat Lith killed my club by ripping it's Heart right out

We play a centre forward that is scared to go into the box. I don't know the exact stats (i'm sure someone will tell us) but his goal per game ratio must be about 1:20 possibly 1:25.

The Greek will make wayward pass after wayward pass. Some new nobody will get a starting place.

Wallace will run around like a headless chicken and eevryone on here will still say "Csaba da man!"

Take it from someone who's had plenty stick for stating what I see happening at HMFC.

There are a load of folks on here who will defend the indefensible. It doesn't matter what is done badly, or how badly it is done, they will find a way to justify it, and they will give you stick if you don't comply with their desperation to find positives in everything.

Don't let them, and the stick they'll give you for not being "positive" enough, bother you. You are entitled to YOUR opinion.

4 goals in 14 league starts for Hearts. none for QOS or Livingston.

Did Obua play in the position he was brought in to play?

Will Tullberg play in the position he was brought in to play?

Face facts NMH, players from F C U K Kaunas do get shoe horned in at someone betters expense.

Given the players that were missing I was happy enough with the team selection on saturday, Nade & Ksanavicius are better as impact subs in my opinion as I feel neither have the legs to play a full 90 minutes so if they start the game then we are acknowledging we will have used up 2 of our subs before the game has even began.

Karipidis didn't have a great game of saturday but I think him & Stewart complement each other better than Stewart & Palazeulos.

Take it from someone who's had plenty stick for stating what I see happening at HMFC.

There are a load of folks on here who will defend the indefensible. It doesn't matter what is done badly, or how badly it is done, they will find a way to justify it, and they will give you stick if you don't comply with their desperation to find positives in everything.

Don't let them, and the stick they'll give you for not being "positive" enough, bother you. You are entitled to YOUR opinion.

Good post mate

They head it up 'Csaba approval rating' but really the thread is for the pro Csaba only

I want to be wrong, Csaba is a very likable guy

However it is not a popularity contest, it is a football league

Exactly.

I admit I am Mr doom and gloom, but that is because week in week out I see a squad of players who need '15 minutes to wake up' after kick off

Given the players that were missing I was happy enough with the team selection on saturday.

Really?

Even though we both had some sort of broad agreement that Glen could play this new system pretty well and could have slotted in perfectly behind Mole with Kingston and Miko in support?

You were happy we played a defensively minded debutant in an attack minded position which is not his favoured or best position and one which didnt compliment the set up that Csaba has been selling us on (one striker with a fluid 3 behind in support)?

You were happy that when Nade came on we didnt keep Mole on, at least for 20 minutes or so when we were chasing the game so that we had 2 strikers on the pitch who would actually compliment each other?

Given the players that were missing I was happy enough with the team selection on saturday, Nade & Ksanavicius are better as impact subs in my opinion as I feel neither have the legs to play a full 90 minutes so if they start the game then we are acknowledging we will have used up 2 of our subs before the game has even began.

Karipidis didn't have a great game of saturday but I think him & Stewart complement each other better than Stewart & Palazeulos.

Instead of giving us your opinion on how good players are,why not answer the questions,then try and explain why another Kuans loanee gets shoe horned into the team regardless of how good they are or what position they play.

siegementality
Instead of giving us your opinion on how good players are,why not answer the questions,then try and explain why another Kuans loanee gets shoe horned into the team regardless of how good they are or what position they play.

:) That'll be the day.

Driver was out so was Obua and Cesnauksis - all 3 players who can play wide left - that left us with Miko, Palazeulos & Ksanavicius as the 3 choices for wide-left position none of them ideal but Miko probably the best suited to play there compared to the other two - that left a vacancy at wide-right so Mrowiec got played there - the other option might have been to move Kingston out right and play Ksanavicius in the hole but that wasn't ideal at Ibrox.

Really?

Even though we both had some sort of broad agreement that Glen could play this new system pretty well and could have slotted in perfectly behind Mole with Kingston and Miko in support?

You were happy we played a defensively minded debutant in an attack minded position which is not his favoured or best position and one which didnt compliment the set up that Csaba has been selling us on (one striker with a fluid 3 behind in support)?

You were happy that when Nade came on we didnt keep Mole on, at least for 20 minutes or so when we were chasing the game so that we had 2 strikers on the pitch who would actually compliment each other?

Given Falkirk is a hard away match and the players available I was happy enough with who started and Mrowiec & Jonsson were solid if unspectacular down the right in the first half, I thought Nade & Ksanavicius were both good impact subs when they came on and the midfield & attack linked much better.

Driver was out so was Obua and Cesnauksis - all 3 players who can play wide left - that left us with Miko, Palazeulos & Ksanavicius as the 3 choices for wide-left position none of them ideal but Miko probably the best suited to play there compared to the other two - that left a vacancy at wide-right so Mrowiec got played there - the other option might have been to move Kingston out right and play Ksanavicius in the hole but that wasn't ideal at Ibrox.

Or play a formation which would have avoided them having to play a player,ha,out of position.

Considering Ksanavicius started both of Lithuania's terrific international wins last week at left midfield the obvious choice would have been him there and Miko on the right which would have given him a better opportunity to shine as well. Playing Mrowiec and Miko out of position as well as the duck out of water that is Karipidis (he should be first pick at centre half) was just folly and stank of a decision enforced upon Csaba. So many square pegs in round holes week after week.

Given Falkirk is a hard away match .

So we've now regressed to being satisfied that in the cauldron that is the Falkirk Stadium playing 1 striker and 2 defenders in midfield is the right safety first approach, and you are happy with this?

You astound me.

Why not play Glen instead of Adrian?

So we've now regressed to being satisfied that in the cauldron that is the Falkirk Stadium playing 1 striker and 2 defenders in midfield is the right safety first approach, and you are happy with this?

You astound me.

Why not play Glen instead of Adrian?[/QUOTE]

because he is not a F C U K Kaunas loanee.

Considering Ksanavicius started both of Lithuania's terrific international wins last week at left midfield the obvious choice would have been him there and Miko on the right which would have given him a better opportunity to shine as well. Playing Mrowiec and Miko out of position as well as the duck out of water that is Karipidis was just folly and stank of a decision enforced upon Csaba. So many square pegs in round holes week after week.

...and crucially, season after season

Our team at the weekend featured 5 players playing out of position - when compared with where they standardly have played and gained most of their experience in their careers or where their best position is.

Miko on the left, Kingston in the hole, Adrian attacking wide right, Karipidis in midfield, Jonsson at right back....

You astound me.

Why not play Glen instead of Adrian?

How is acknowledging that Falkirk is & has been for some considerable time a difficult away match a regression? We have a terrible record there and always expect & get a hard game.

Why not play Kingston wide right & Ksanavicius in behind Mole, why not start Nade instead of Mole & then bring Jamie on when Nade tires, why not this why not that........I already said I was happy enough wth the team selection given who was available - I didn't think at the game we were playing a weakened team from the choices available.

Nelly Terraces
Given Falkirk is a hard away match and the players available I was happy enough with who started and Mrowiec & Jonsson were solid if unspectacular down the right in the first half, I thought Nade & Ksanavicius were both good impact subs when they came on and the midfield & attack linked much better.

Losers mentality.

Wallace will run around like a headless chicken and everyone on here will still say "Csaba da man!"

I know you don't, I was just trying to lighten your mood... :)

I definitely disagree with you on this, though. I think you're overreacting massively and I don't really understand why you think things are all that bad. I haven't seen the same lack of effort, I've seen far more of it than we had last season...I've seen players improving in lots of different ways...they seem to have more grit these days than they did before. I'll give you Larry though, he has been a bit of a disappointment at times.

The quality of the players (or lack thereof) isn't really something Csaba can do too much about at the moment...it's not as if he has a wealth of talent at his disposal so the Greek/Wallace thing isn't really fair either. We all want to see things improving, but we need to be realistic about what can be achieved in a short period of time.

I didn't think at the game we were playing a weakened team from the choices available.

:P I appreciate you are conditioned to accept absolutely everything that happens at Hearts as being for the greater good - everything is the right decision. Fair enough.

Anyone that has more than a passing interest in supporting Hearts and wanting them to win football games would surely disagree with that statement above IMO.

I can practically guarantee you that if I had sat you down with a blank bit of paper and crayon before the team was announced you would not have picked that team

It didnt cross your mind for a minute that it would have been better to play Glen instead of Adrian?

Every away game in the SPL could be a "really hard game" if you let it be, if you play into the hands of the home team by selecting an overly defensive team

Isnt the grass green at every pitch? Weren't we trying to approach away games as though they were home games and nothing different?

Losers mentality.

Exactly - precisely the sort of stuff Levein would come out with and get slated for when we came from average teams away games with a draw

:P I appreciate you are conditioned to accept absolutely everything that happens at Hearts as being for the greater good - everything is the right decision. Fair enough.

Anyone that has more than a passing interest in supporting Hearts and wanting them to win football games would surely disagree with that statement above IMO.

I can practically guarantee you that if I had sat you down with a blank bit of paper and crayon before the team was announced you would not have picked that team

It didnt cross your mind for a minute that it would have been better to play Glen instead of Adrian?

Every away game in the SPL could be a "really hard game" if you let it be, if you play into the hands of the home team by selecting an overly defensive team

Isnt the grass green at every pitch? Weren't we trying to approach away games as though they were home games and nothing different?

I'll play this game. Post 31.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=28266

siegementality

So "together" plays

A midfielder who is being converted to a right back at right back

A defensive central midfielder, making his debut, on the right hand side of midfield

A right winger/midfielder on the left hand side of midfield

A centre back in midfield

and a central midfielder as a "supporting" forward

50% of the outfield players were played out of position and you were happy?

Hazard a wee guess as to why Hearts start games of badly.

Hazard a wee guess why people still think VR has a hand in team selection when teams like that are put out.

If that was Csabas team, and his alone, then he will reap what he sows this year.

Why are people debating this thread....

Csaba has had 5 games to get it right.

We've had the best start to a season since GB and if you wipe GB of that I'm guessing its even longer than that.

Dundee UTD are bottom... I'm guessing even Utd fans arent calling for leveins head.

Falkirk are somewhat a bogey team, but we played better than them but didnt get the win.

Pull your heads from your war chest (erse) and look at the big picture.

Its really nonsensical, we're not the first to go to Falkirk and not pick up 3 points this season and wont be the last.

My conclusion;

Stupid poll - that is perfect for people who want to shoot the club down at every given oppertunity.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I honestly can't believe these mugs don't think we have made an imrpovement:

132F29A, Capitals35, cylawny, dalkeithjambo, dazajmbo, derryjambo, devil, dwross1973, Fourcandles, Fozzyonthefence, gcjambo, gtrjambo, hmfc1440, i8hibsh, Im1874, Impaler, Jambo Jim, JamboBen, jambojugs, Jambo_Joe, montrose76, Riff Raff, shuggieduggie, southseaboy, strachan04, The Uprising, tromos, Tynie b

Jesus.

Aye but it wasnt on paper with a crayon so it doesnt count.

And it wasnt NMH - who is backing the team selection to the hilt even though it wasnt his first choice selection

siegementality

Yip, and comments like that will be Csaba undoing. He is talking the talk but the team selections are not matching up.

And it wasnt NMH - who is backing the team selection to the hilt even though it wasnt his first choice selection

How am I backing the selection to the hilt? I said I was happy enough with the selection given who was available - my revised team selection after learning who was out injured had Ksanavicius wide left but that was a less than ideal option and Csaba picking a slightly different team wasn't overly concerning or wrong in my opinion.....he see's the players every day & knows their form & condition better than I or you do.

Archived