Csaba Approval Poll

Charlie-Brown

Csaba Approval Poll  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Csaba Approval Poll

• Csaba is doing a decent job and we are making progress
    • There is zero progress - we are a shambles - Csaba must go

siegementality
The poll was a response to i8hibsh thread 'shabba must go' further down the forum that raged away yesterday.

So you respond to one absurd thread with another. FFS if you really want to sample peoples opinion on what progress is being made and their approval on the job Csaba is doing this don't have a Mickey Mouse poll like this. 2 separate threads (one on progress, one on Csaba) with realistic options should do the trick. That said the man has been coach for six competitive games and it's way too early for pesh like this.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you respond to one absurd thread with another. FFS if you really want to sample peoples opinion on what progress is being made and their approval on the job Csaba is doing this don't have a Mickey Mouse poll like this. 2 separate threads (one on progress, one on Csaba) with realistic options should do the trick. That said the man has been coach for six competitive games and it's way too early for pesh like this.

It's a simple approval / disapproval poll - either he is making things better or he isn't - what's mickey mouse about that - 250+ people who actually voted didn't think so ........ I also think there was a desire to show the OP of the other thread that he was being a bit of an erse and that his opinion was not the popular view.

Chad Sexington

Who died and made you the thread police?

:rolleyes:

siegementality
It's a simple approval / disapproval poll - either he is making things better or he isn't - what's mickey mouse about that - 250+ people who actually voted didn't think so ........ I also think there was a desire to show the OP of the other thread that he was being a bit of an erse and that his opinion was not the popular view.

And that desire was yours eh.

siegementality
Stupid poll.

Wont be voting..

its obvious he's made improvements, a poll on jkb isnt going to prove or disprove that.

Sorry I'm the thread police around here can you please direct any thoughs on how stupid this poll is through me, thanks.:)

siegementality
What a strange man.

:ohmy:

Well don't be a erse then. I think I'm allowed to have an opinion on this thread without comments from some snidey little sheite like you.

And that desire was yours eh.

No I just created the poll - I suspected that the other guys opinion was an extreme view and not a popular opinion given some of the arguments & comments on the other thread - people voted on this poll of their own choice.

Chad Sexington
Well don't be a erse then. I think I'm allowed to have an opinion on this thread without comments from some snidey little sheite like you.

LOL.

Pipe down keyboard hard man.

:biggrin:

Coming from 2 goals behind in a derby in injury time? Scoring 2 goals in a derby to win it in injury time?

Under Levein we scored plenty late goals that turned defeats into draws and draws into wins

Unless you have only been watching Hearts since 2006 it is factually incorrect to say you will never have witnessed a Hearts team grind out a result....

Our first away win in the SPL in 2002/03 came at Easter Road in November. We drew as many away games that season as we won, losing one more then we won or drew.

In 2003/04 we won 7 away games, losing 6 and drawing 6.

in 2004/05 we only won 1 away game before Levein left Hearts.

Csaba has already equalled Levein's record in 2004/05.

siegementality
No I just created the poll - I suspected that the other guys opinion was an extreme view and not a popular opinion given some of the arguments & comments on the other thread - people voted on this poll of their own choice.

And the majority of people who posted and left comment said there wasn't an option avaiable for them, which is my point, your poll was loaded to have just as an extreme view by lumping in "we're a shambles and Csaba must go".

And the majority of people who posted and left comment said there wasn't an option avaiable for them, which is my point, your poll was loaded to have just as an extreme view by lumping in "we're a shambles and Csaba must go".

So we can deduct 10-20% for the undecideds who posted as such - still a massive approval rating for Csaba - I don't think the option was extreme 'csaba is doing a decent job and we are making progress' - that's a fairly simple & non-controversial statement in my opinion and presumably also for the 280+ other people who voted that way.

287 people voted "Yes there is progress"

They never had a gun to their head.

Our first away win in the SPL in 2002/03 came at Easter Road in November. We drew as many away games that season as we won, losing one more then we won or drew.

In 2003/04 we won 7 away games, losing 6 and drawing 6.

in 2004/05 we only won 1 away game before Levein left Hearts.

Csaba has already equalled Levein's record in 2004/05.

You are talking about grinding out results not about whether or not Csaba is the best manager we've ever had, not about away results - grinding out results

Yes we moaned about Levein's away record, but we also moaned about the fact that all we did was "grind" away without playing decent football

We also "ground" out a fair few results under Jeffries and under MacDonald.

Your point is honking. Accept it :P

Now, whether or not Csaba is a better manager than Levein - that's a different debate. I was just using Levein as an example of the fact you are talking pesh. I've now mentioned another 2 managers of Hearts teams that had the spirit and strong management that allowed us to grind out results.

To suggest we have seen something in a Hearts team we have never seen before in our wins against St Mirren, Hamilton and Motherwell is just gash! :)

siegementality
So we can deduct 10-20% for the undecideds who posted as such - still a massive approval rating for Csaba - I don't think the option was extreme 'csaba is doing a decent job and we are making progress' - that's a fairly simple & non-controversial statement in my opinion and presumably also for the 280+ other people who voted that way.

So "there is no progress, we're a shambles, Csaba should go" isn't extreme then:eek:

Sorry I'm the thread police around here can you please direct any thoughs on how stupid this poll is through me, thanks.:)

Sorry,

Could you announce that I think the polls stupid and possibly also say the players should be hung from sugar coated donuts at half time in the next game.

If any one asks I'll just say the last bit was lost in translation, in a chinese whisper kinda way.

Cheers.

siegementality
287 people voted "Yes there is progress"

They never had a gun to their head.

To a certain degree they did by the other option being so heavily loaded. There is a massive difference between the two options. Given that one of the options involved sacking Csaba, who has coached 6 competitive games, do you really think that was a fair option? The poll was an aburd response to an equally absurd thread from yesterday.

siegementality
Sorry,

Could you announce that I think the polls stupid and possibly also say the players should be hung from sugar coated donuts at half time in the next game.

If any one asks I'll just say the last bit was lost in translation, in a chinese whisper kinda way.

Cheers.

Certainly,

K1874M thinks the polls stupid and the players should be hung from sugar coated donuts at half time in the next game.

The jobs a good un;)

So "there is no progress, we're a shambles, Csaba should go" isn't extreme then:eek:

Just play along. You dont need to point out the flaw in the poll. It is self evident, but that's OK, its an NMH poll so what did you expect?

The poll being loaded doesnt really prove or change anything.

We do look slightly better, on average, than last year.

Our defence is worse, and Csaba's first 6 results are not hugely better than Frail's first 6.

We probably retain possession slightly better than we did.

The real difference is Michael Stewart. Without his form raising we wouldnt have the points we have.

So to that extent Csaba has done well to get this from MS because without it we'd be further down the league.

Once teams catch on to this and try to close MS out of the game we might be in trouble

Our formation is a problem and I personally think our squad is weaker than last season and we are still playing players in positions which are not their best position.

What I saw on Saturday was a marginal improvement upon last year.

We lost 2-1 at Falkirk last time out though - so that's how marginal the improvement is. Not good enough to change the result

That is completely wrong.

Chad is actually a snidey big sheite.

siegementality

Ah, my apologies, you're right to have pointd that out as given that I have never met him "snidey sheite" would have been the most accurate terminology :)

Chad Sexington

6 foot and 3 inches of snidey sheite, thanks very much.

:biggrin:

Chad Sexington
Ah, my apologies, you're right to have pointd that out as given that I have never met him "snidey sheite" would have been the most accurate terminology :)

Maybe one day we will get to meet.

I'd like that very much.

:cheese:

siegementality
Maybe one day we will get to meet.

I'd like that very much.

:cheese:

Well send me a PM, I'm going to the ICT game on Saturday, I'll happily meet you.

Chad Sexington
Well send me a PM, I'm going to the ICT game on Saturday, I'll happily meet you.

Excellent. See you in the Diggers. I'll wear a red carnation.

:)

siegementality
Excellent. See you in the Diggers. I'll wear a red carnation.

:)

Strangely enough I'm going to the Diggers, aren't carnations out of season though?

The two options here are pretty extreme though.

I know NMH says he started the poll as a reaction to the other, ridiculous thread that was running about Csaba, and fair play to him, but your point is valid. I'm pretty sure people won't vote for an option that is palpably extreme.

So if a poll contained only the following options:

A) Csaba is certainly the best manager Hearts have ever had, the best manager in the SPL and is doing an absolutely amazing job

and

B) Csaba's reign offers signs of marginal progress over last season

...there's really only one thing to vote for. Or abstain. As with this poll.

I know NMH says he started the poll as a reaction to the other, ridiculous thread that was running about Csaba, and fair play to him, but your point is valid. I'm pretty sure people won't vote for an option that is palpably extreme.

I have to disagree. Anyone who says there hasn't been any progress under Csaba (say compared to a year ago) has clearly been in coma/sleeping/on another planet.

This time last season we were an utter shambles with hardly 2 pts to rub together. Yes, this season has seen a couple of disappointing results but by and large the team tactics and formation is more coherent (including any potential VR meddling), we have points on the board and still have a 100% home league record.

It's not going to happen overnight but I feel things are slowly changing. What more do Hearts fans actually want?!

Hearts, for the first time I've ever witnessed supporting the club, are grinding out wins when it was much easier to capitulate.

Anyone who doesn't think Hearts have made serious progress from last season is an idiot.

Jeez! I have been watching Hearts since the late 70's and prior to Vlad taking over I have to say that a run like 86 comes along once in a blue moon. Even then we failed to lift the cup!

Looking at the years we finished 3rd we still grinded out wins! Apart from 86 and the run we had under Jim Jeffries then with Burley I really cannot remember us playng a whole season brilliantly. In fact the 85-86 season started off terrible! Under Jim we fell away with a few games left & I'm sorry but even after Burley left some of the games I thought we'd be lucky to finish 3rd!

The poll options are too plar even for me. In some respect there is some progress, i.e actually beating St. Mirren and Motherwell, but in other ways no progress i.e. Miko is still at the club, players playing out of position, still getting our usual percentage of signings from Kaunas so the manager is still a Vlad puppet. Over all a mixed bag and too early to tell

I have to disagree. Anyone who says there hasn't been any progress under Csaba (say compared to a year ago) has clearly been in coma/sleeping/on another planet.

This time last season we were an utter shambles with hardly 2 pts to rub together. Yes, this season has seen a couple of disappointing results but by and large the team tactics and formation is more coherent (including any potential VR meddling), we have points on the board and still have a 100% home league record.

It's not going to happen overnight but I feel things are slowly changing. What more do Hearts fans actually want?!

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with, Samster! My point was also that it is undeniable that progress has been made. It is, however, too early to say how much and the poll doesn't provide scope for giving an opinion on this.

Nelly Terraces

OK, might as well chuck in my own tuppenceworth here.

I was as angry and dissapointed as the rest of us that were there on Saturday. I thought the 1st half was a total shambles and we didn't look up for it. 2nd half, we played ALL the decent football, but really, we weren't that threatening. Also, the new lad was a total waste of space in his position. I'd say that's Shabbas 1st BIG mistake so far, playing that geezer out wide where he was totally ineffective/out of position - it wasn't the lad's fault, that was Shabba's. Anyway, I was gutted that yet again, we gave a gash team with no points their 1st win of the season, and we lost ANOTHER last minute goal to a diddy team, as I've lost count the amount of times that's happened.

BUT -it's early days. I was the meeting wi Shabba the other week and came away from that with more enthusiasm and hope than I have had in years (OK, 3 years;)). I can see what he's trying to do, and I can see we have made improvements in the way we pass the ball, and in fighting qualities. Shabba's inherited a team set up that was a complete disgrace, and an utter mess across every level. He is working day and night to try and instill a sense of professionalism and hard work ethic into the whole playing side. I believe he is achieving that. Getting the 1st team playing well is a more difficult job, as, I'm afraid, we have some very poor to average players in that squad, Miko, Ksna, Mole, Wallace, Makela to name just the 5. You can't be expected to win games every week with that standard of player, though Shabba might turn them round and make them that little bit better to make that little (winning) difference in games.

We need to be patient and let Shabbs get on with it, that doesn't mean we can't have a gripe or question things, but it's too early to say whether he's doing a top job, or is taking us nowhere. We'll have a better idea by around Chrimbo of how things are going, and if things aren't working out then will be the time to say, for example, "why ARE we playing 1 up top - get it sorted". For now though, it's really too soon.

Cheers.

Guest JamboRobbo
Also, the new lad was a total waste of space in his position. I'd say that's Shabbas 1st BIG mistake so far, playing that geezer out wide where he was totally ineffective/out of position - it wasn't the lad's fault, that was Shabba's.

If Csaba says that was his call, then he has to carry the can for it. As I said before the match (when I predicted the new boy would play wide midfield, and questioned why, and I was slated by the usual suspects for saying it), I'm not so sure it was Csabas call though.

If Csaba says that was his call, then he has to carry the can for it. As I said before the match (when I predicted the new boy would play wide midfield, and questioned why, and I was slated by the usual suspects for saying it), I'm not so sure it was Csabas call though.

I said nothing of the sort!!

and for what it's it's worth, Entire structure of the club flawed, no good will come of it. FACT End Of!!!

siegementality

Very few people are disagreeing that some progress has been made. The point I am making re this poll is that there is the particularly extreme option that had sack Csaba lumped in.

Archived