1 member has voted

1. 1. Csaba Approval Poll

• Csaba is doing a decent job and we are making progress
    • There is zero progress - we are a shambles - Csaba must go

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where is the Poll..............

Good question - I expected to proceed to the poll options but they weren't there:o

People either feel there is some progress or their isn't - they either approve of what Csaba Laszlo is doing or they don't - what comes in between progress and no-progress ?

St. Johnstone option required.

While I find the "Csaba's the man" stuff embarrassing, I'm grateful for the nine points out of fifteen we've got so far. Far too early to judge if things have really changed, though.

While I find the "Csaba's the man" stuff embarrassing, I'm grateful for the nine points out of fifteen we've got so far. Far too early to judge if things have really changed, though.

Of course it's too early to make a definitive judgement leginten but this is an approval poll and based on feelings of how well or otherwise things are going are you happy or unhappy with Laszlo & the teams progress or lack of progress so far?

ToadKiller Dog

I am happy with the start csaba has made to the job ,there is still a lot of work to do(he states that himself often) and i expect a few downs and some madness on the way .

Of course it's too early to make a definitive judgement leginten but this is an approval poll and based on feelings of how well or otherwise things are going are you happy or unhappy with Laszlo & the teams progress or lack of progress so far?

I've only seen the three home games. I think we've generally had a bit more buzz about us, and a bit more fight, which would indicate either that we're in an "impress the new manager" phase or that he really has got stuck into them and is demanding more than the committee did last year. I can't tell which, tbh.

But in terms of tactics and organisation, it looks similar to last season to me. Still this over-cautious formation. There have been parts of each game I've seen where we've been really poor. And I'd say we had the tougher part of the opening round of fixtures still to face.

I guess I'd be happy with progress so far if it wasn't for the imponderables in the background - it'll take a long time before I'm convinced Csaba's getting to do his own thing. I'm not sure who I'm judging, if that makes sense.

:Agree: Henry Fonda is still convincing a few people.

I think that there are positive signs, but we are only a short step away from the problems of the last 2 seasons.

jack D and coke

As a person i've taken to Csaba but i believe he's working under the same constraints as our previous 1st team coaches and this will ultimately be his undoing. I hope i'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure everyone who takes the job understands what is going to happen but only after a certain amount of time when certain results dont go our way that the real frustration will creep in, wondering if he had let you play the team you wanted or bring on the subs you wanted or play a certain system then being overuled. Especially if he starts getting it in the neck from the fans.

I'm not overeacting to the Falkirk game because truth be told it'll be a while before i ever just expect us to beat anyone again, we're so unpredictable.

As for the poll i'm like someone else said somewhere in the middle just now.

People either feel there is some progress or their isn't - they either approve of what Csaba Laszlo is doing or they don't - what comes in between progress and no-progress ?

I think there has been progress in some areas, less in others and no progresss whatsoever with regards to VR keeping his nose out of team affairs.

I'm convinced there has been progress, but it has been, and always will be, hampered by the intervention of that idiot Romanov.

The Pole yesterday smacked of a Vlad pick and Wallace staying on the park might only have been because we had no one else.

For what it's worth, I don't think Romanov will invest any more money in players, not now, not when/if the stand gets built.

No evidence or source, just my opinion...which I know will upset the hoards or the boards

Definitely marginal progress from last season.

For a start F®ail isn't around and neither are Clum or Neilson so that makes me happy :) and we appear to be trying to play a passing game. I like the fact Csaba tries things and am encouraged by the fact he is a passionate football man who clearly loves the day to day training of players. I also believe if left alone he can build a side which will be 'best of the rest' (though whether it happens this season will depend on if Tullberg is any good or whether Romanov gives him cash to sign a striker in January).

I do however still harbour serious concerns that he will be left to do the work he appears capable of and whether he will be supported in the transfer market for a left back and a striker or two.

Csaba is making mistakes that much is clear, but is he moving us in the right direction??

I have to say he definately is, a lot of work to be done, but i believe we are progressing.

Sadly, there's no 'We are a shambles but, against all the odds, we seem to be making progress' option.

As someone who goes every game then if any fan can tell me that we are no better than we were say last year or the year before then I find that incredulous. (sp).

We are a better motivated, footballing team that plays with a bit more passion that I have seen in 2 seasons. Sure our squads not the best and it's obvious that we are lacking certain positions (up front/left back) but I am actually enjoying watching Hearts in the main again and it's been a while since I could say that.

I think the poll results so far show what the majority think.

Let's have this poll in June next year.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
No wonder every other fan hates us, we are becoming more and more like old firm fans with every passing week. :(

Exactly - for how long have we been complaining about the managerial conveyor belt? Now, too many people want to speed the effing thing up. GET A GRIP! The man should get at least a season before we even consider judging him.

Sorry, I forgot the now-traditional ending ..... FACT. END OF.

(I have no idea what that actually means. FACT;)).

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Sadly, there's no 'We are a shambles but, against all the odds, we seem to be making progress' option.

:)

I get no joy from the way I think

I want Csaba to succeed with all my heart

I just am finding it difficult to see a major difference in last season

Our test will be when we play the Aberdeens, Hibs and dundee Uniteds

Francis Albert

Our test will be when we play the Aberdeens, Hibs and dundee Uniteds

All of whom are below us in the league, for the time being at least.

All of whom are below us in the league, for the time being at least.

someone mentioned that Rangers were now top so it is no bad thing losing to them

THEY ARE TOP BECAUSE THEY BEAT US.If we had beaten them they would not be top

Francis Albert
someone mentioned that Rangers were now top so it is no bad thing losing to them

THEY ARE TOP BECAUSE THEY BEAT US.If we had beaten them they would not be top

I think they wouldn't have been top if they hadn't beaten most of the other teams they had played as well. Or am I missing something in this truly absurd response?

Well lets test opinion regards that 'other' thread.

Where are the poll options?

The poll is a little loaded but I played along

The problem isnt Csaba. The problem is the rest of the decision makers "together"

We cant really judge Csaba unless he was his own man

What I would say - if he is own man - he made two flawed judgements at the weekend that cost us the game. He played 2 defenders in midfield. He didnt play Nade and Mole together at any point. So he made important mistakes against Falkirk

Sadly I dont believe he had sufficient authority to change the formation, and I dont believe it was his decision to play Adrian where he did.

From what I saw we looked a slightly better team than we were last season, but we didnt get a better result than our last visit to Falkirk so I am not sure where that takes us really...

Dr Ian Malcolm
The poll is a little loaded but I played along

The problem isnt Csaba. The problem is the rest of the decision makers "together"

We cant really judge Csaba unless he was his own man

What I would say - if he is own man - he made two flawed judgements at the weekend that cost us the game. He played 2 defenders in midfield. He didnt play Nade and Mole together at any point. So he made important mistakes against Falkirk

Sadly I dont believe he had sufficient authority to change the formation, and I dont believe it was his decision to play Adrian where he did.

From what I saw we looked a slightly better team than we were last season, but we didnt get a better result than our last visit to Falkirk so I am not sure where that takes us really...

I think when Nade achieves an acceptable level of fitness, we may start playing two up front (at home at least). Mole is all he's really got in terms of a striker just now. Tullberg injured, Glen recently injured and still not fit, Nade is getting there. No point throwing Nade in from the start onlt to find out we need to chase the game but one of our strikers can't last any longer, so we're forced to go 451. Better (in the short term) to start with one with option of bringing on another if needed.

As for the Pole, who knows. Had Obua been fit I doubt he'd have played. Also, had the guy had a stormer, Csaba would most likely have been praised and any mention of Vladesque shennanigans wouldn't have appeared, or would have been ignored.

So far he's doing a good job with what he's got. Once we get people fit, and hopefully they stay fit, we should be in more of a position to comment. With our full sqaud available, I'd hope for strong second half of the season at least.

Progress has been made by csaba,he will however need time.

The last thing we need is for some hearts fans to start asking for a new manager ffs.

Leave the madness to vlad!

Guest JamboRobbo

Can't vote due to their not being a reasonable option on there.

So far, He's done okay. Team is looking a bit better organised, but beginning to ask questions over some of the selections.

Needs to learn quickly and stop listening to Korobutchup or Cernakov.

he's certainly turned us into a better team than we were, getting us playing good football and becoming alot harder to break down. The fact that people are saying that he should go after 5 competitive games is shocking. There's always one minority of arseholes that demand immediate success.

For the people who voted for the 'no progress' option: what exactly do you want from Csaba Laszlo?

Compare the performances, the attitudes and the fitness of the players to last season (if you even went to games then :rolleyes:) and the difference is undeniable.

Hearts of last season would have lost or drawn to Motherwell at home, drawn to St Mirren at home and lost to Falkirk. Laszlo's Hearts haven't let the heads go down after losing leads etc and have battled for the full 90 minutes and actually seem to have a desire to win games; things that were wholly absent last season.

If people are expecting us to go on a 10, 11, 12 game unbeaten run with the squad we have, they need to grow up. We also have to consider just how young the squad is: Jonsson, Berra, Wallace, Driver, Mole; that's half a team there who are all of a young age.

Laszlo's doing just fine; give him time and leave him to do his job and you'll begin to see improvements; just trust me on this one.

The last thing we want to do here is press the self-destruct button.

Hearts, for the first time I've ever witnessed supporting the club, are grinding out wins when it was much easier to capitulate.

Anyone who doesn't think Hearts have made serious progress from last season is an idiot.

For the people who voted for the 'no progress' option: what exactly do you want from Csaba Laszlo?

Compare the performances, the attitudes and the fitness of the players to last season (if you even went to games then :rolleyes:) and the difference is undeniable.

Hearts of last season would have lost or drawn to Motherwell at home, drawn to St Mirren at home and lost to Falkirk. Laszlo's Hearts haven't let the heads go down after losing leads etc and have battled for the full 90 minutes and actually seem to have a desire to win games; things that were wholly absent last season.

If people are expecting us to go on a 10, 11, 12 game unbeaten run with the squad we have, they need to grow up. We also have to consider just how young the squad is: Jonsson, Berra, Wallace, Driver, Mole; that's half a team there who are all of a young age.

Laszlo's doing just fine; give him time and leave him to do his job and you'll begin to see improvements; just trust me on this one.

The last thing we want to do here is press the self-destruct button.

100% Correct. It's clear to see that we are making progress. It really hacks me off that as soon as we play a side or a formation that people don't like it's a Vlad interference. Maybe just maybe Shabba likes the 4411 formation.

Onwards and upwards

Hearts, for the first time I've ever witnessed supporting the club, are grinding out wins when it was much easier to capitulate.

Anyone who doesn't think Hearts have made serious progress from last season is an idiot.

Have you only been watching Hearts for 3 years?

We used to grind out results under Levein...

1-1 draws at Kilmarnock or Livingston are not good results.

1-1 draws at Kilmarnock or Livingston are not good results.

Coming from 2 goals behind in a derby in injury time? Scoring 2 goals in a derby to win it in injury time?

Under Levein we scored plenty late goals that turned defeats into draws and draws into wins

Unless you have only been watching Hearts since 2006 it is factually incorrect to say you will never have witnessed a Hearts team grind out a result....

Levein has 2 wins in 21 with United just now.

This is acceptable because??

PLAYING A MID-FIELDER IN DEFENSE, PLAYING A DEFENDER IN MID -FIELD,

if and when he can explain his thinking behind that team selection, then maybe i'll vote

Levein has 2 wins in 21 with United just now.

This is acceptable because??

What on earth has that got to do with anything?

I am talking about whether this is the first time in our lives we are grinding out results.

siegementality

The two options here are pretty extreme though. Possibly the worst options ever to be seen on a poll, hence the reason I'll not be voting. If the truth be told I think a large proportion of people would have taken the St Johnston option, which strangely isn't there, but that wouldn't have suited you eh. Lumping in we're a shambles and Csaba must go in the no progress option, well, I think that is only to sway votes to the positive answer, it's not like you to be trying to put a positive spin on things Charlie!

FWIW we are a bit better than last year so some progress appears to have been made. That doesn't detract from the fact that Romanovs smelly little mitts are still all over this team.

Now run off and tell Rodney the good news.

P.S If anyone wants to start a new thread on the subject with better and more realistic voting options I'd appreciate it as I can't do it. Thanks.

TBH I think it's too early for these sorts of polls. 5 games isn't really enough time to assess how much progress has been made, we might be seeing an improvement in the team now but for it to be solid progress we need to see it sustained over a bit longer than a few months.

If we look at it around Christmas time then that might be a better indicator, Csaba will have had a decent amount of time to settle in and change things, if we have freak and lucky/unlucky results we can take them into account better.

siegementality

Do you really think anybody is that unhappy with Csaba that they'd want him sacked? FFS the mans managed 5 SPL games and one cup game (with a 50% win record). Maybe you're trying to stir up a campaign against him;)

Do you really think anybody is that unhappy with Csaba that they'd want him sacked? FFS the mans managed 5 SPL games and one cup game (with a 50% win record). Maybe you're trying to stir up a campaign against him;)

The poll was a response to i8hibsh thread 'shabba must go' further down the forum that raged away yesterday.

Archived