Dundee Utd to pay 5%

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Malinga the Swinga
http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=2960&cd=2008&cd1=7

Celtic are a disgusting, vile institution.

And DU cave in. No excuses, Eddie T has shown no backbone. Expect Rangers to intensify campaign to get their way as well. Why don't we pre-empt Celtic now and Rangers and just say to save them any problems, we will give their supporters no tickets and problem solved.

Ryan Gosling
And DU cave in. No excuses, Eddie T has shown no backbone. Expect Rangers to intensify campaign to get their way as well. Why don't we pre-empt Celtic now and Rangers and just say to save them any problems, we will give their supporters no tickets and problem solved.

You can understand their position though.

Celtic saying they'll refuse any tickets is seriously damaging for United's finances.

We can afford to do it. They can't.

What the fork are the SPL doing about this??

Pretty sure when this story broke it was claimed to be illegal, yet not heard a peep out of Lex Gold. Typical.

Imeantasong

Bullying again.

And to think they moaned about lack of competition.

Totally out of order.

Greedy_Jambo
i hope we don't give into them! infact i hope we bump our prices up when they come and give them the enclosure and lock them in for half an hour after the game

Haahahaha

would hardly say they've caved in tbh.

utd just feel they cant do anything else at such short notice either this or lose income.

they really are ****bags, if they try this with us i hope we tell both the of to go and ****** themselves!!!:mad:

ToadKiller Dog

I think United should have tried to call there bluff ,More people leave dundee to go to park head than attend dens these days ,Given the large lumpen celtic glory hunters in the lochee area of dundee i am sure united could shift a good many without going through parkhead.

United are saying its just for this game then they will review ,but once you have done it once it harder to go back.

Hope hearts stick to there guns.

alwaysthereinspirit

I hope all the teams get together and find out legally where they stand.

Sell only the % of tickets you have to by SPL law. All tickets picked up at Tynecastle. No exceptions. You'll cut it to a 50 mile radius.

Picture ID or no ticket.

Extra stewards throwing them out at the first sign of trouble or unappropriate singing.

No flags. That'll hurt them.;)

Ibrahim Tall

Vile club.

Clubs caving into their demands so easily will just make them demand 10% next time etc.

OFGTF

StAndrewsHMFC

I don't think you can accuse Dundee United of being spineless, they're hand was forced- the cashflow problems related to losing an expect ?100k this early in the season just don't bare thinking about.

The only way to stand up to the old firm is if the rest of the SPL do it together. So far only Hibs, Hearts, Falkirk and Dundee Utd havbe done this so far.

The team I'm most disappointed with is Aberdeen, they are of a similar size as us and Hibs, but seem to have just lay down and accepted it. Its much harder for the smaller teams to say no due to the cash flow implications

Romanov Stole My Pension

Dundee utd should have spoken to Hearts and the other clubs refusing the 5% charge. If all the clubs had refused it, there's no way Celtic would refuse to send their supporters ro 4 or 5 away games. Utd bottled it.

I'd be really disappointed (and surprised!) if Hearts gave in to their stupid demands. Set up a small portacabin, make the unwashed **** stand in massive queues, charge them our usual ?3.50 admin charge and only sell 1 ticket per head in the queue, that way we have all the exact details of every vile supporter that gets up to their usual pro-terrorism/sectarian *****e.

Romanov should have a word with the board and ensure this happens. 3,500*?3.50 is over ?12,000, that must cover the fees for putting on an extra couple of staff, if only just to make a point of not letting them walk all over the non-weegie teams. Don't let the *******s win.

On a side note, Dundee Utd's use of provincial really annoys me. Celtic and Rangers are provincial teams. Heart of Midlothian and Hibernian are capital teams.

chester copperpot

One thing I love about Vlad is he's that much of a stubborn bassa that there's no way he will lie down to those lot. So much for them being stiff competition with each other. Unless its to shaft the rest of the SPL to tighten their grip on the coffers.

Hope both clubs die.

This is why my hatred for both clubs exist. Staunch opposition until it comes down to money. Shallow *****.

Malinga the Swinga
I don't think you can accuse Dundee United of being spineless, they're hand was forced- the cashflow problems related to losing an expect ?100k this early in the season just don't bare thinking about.

The only way to stand up to the old firm is if the rest of the SPL do it together. So far only Hibs, Hearts, Falkirk and Dundee Utd havbe done this so far.

The team I'm most disappointed with is Aberdeen, they are of a similar size as us and Hibs, but seem to have just lay down and accepted it. Its much harder for the smaller teams to say no due to the cash flow implications

Nope, spineless they are. While some of blame can go to their so called support as well, because if they actually went to games, perhaps they wouldn't have'cash flow' problem, DUFC have created rod for own back, because if they cave in to Celtic, they will cave into Rangers, and if it's 5% now, next year it will be 10%.

lawriejambo

Maybe this bullying tactic by Ceptic could get more Utd fans to turn up and support their team at home games..

Then reduce the amount of tickets Ceptic usually recieve if they do have to give them 5% of the money ..

bean counter

Don't think you can blame Utd for this. The financial implications to them could be dire, and the game is early in the season. I hope they can and will review their ticketing process in time for the ****s next visit to Dundee.

What the fork are the SPL doing about this??

Pretty sure when this story broke it was claimed to be illegal, yet not heard a peep out of Lex Gold. Typical.

They'll say 'good on D.Utd, others should follow (follow) their example'.

Romanov Stole My Pension

Another thing, Dundee Utd better ask for 5% of the away ticket revenues for games at parkhead, it wouldn't make sense not to.

i read on a previous thread on here that this was against the spl rules that stated 100% of gate money had to go to the home team. Can anyone confirm if this is the case and if it is why have the spl not come out and told the OF **** to GTF!!!

I hope all the teams get together and find out legally where they stand.

Sell only the % of tickets you have to by SPL law. All tickets picked up at Tynecastle. No exceptions. You'll cut it to a 50 mile radius.

Picture ID or no ticket.

Extra stewards throwing them out at the first sign of trouble or unappropriate singing.

No flags. That'll hurt them.;)

That's all fine in theory, but clubs like Killie really do rely on the OF as they're lucky if some guy truns up with his whippet. Some clubs will be left with no alternative but to lie down to the OF and this is exactly why the OF chose this route.

Edit: Sorry, bud, i quoted the wrong post and can't be arsed changing it.

even if we do cave in and accept the surcharge thing...we just give them less tickets to balance it out to what the original cost would have been.

or impose a extra charge for stuarding during these games....as we are doing our best to stamp out sectarian singing and chants and flags at tynecasle im sure sure the forces of darkness wouldnt be able to moan about the cost of a few extra staff to keep there supporters from disgracing their clubs.

really wish the premiership would take them then they could both get relegated and fight it out in the championship every year.

It's madness to give the OF what they want on this one.

Next thing we know we'll be back to practically all the TV money going to them as well.

(I know they pick up more than most clubs but it's a lot fairer than it used to be)

OF GTF

I don't think you can accuse Dundee United of being spineless, they're hand was forced

I would agree, what's spineless or more completely underhand is the fact they announce this charge just a couple of weeks before the season starts. They'll have known they were going to do this ages ago but conveniently wait until the last minute.

really wish the premiership would take them then they could both get relegated and fight it out in the championship every year.

And watch what little TV revenue we do get dry up? I believe without the OF our league would have as much appeal as the Welsh or Irish leagues.

Every time Rangers and Celtic try to pull a stunt like this instead of confronting them with a united front some of the clubs cave in and act as door mats for them. Nothings ever going to change inn the SPL - too many moral cowards in too many boardrooms.

Do you know where hell is

Its the same ****, different day with these erseholes. It seems it is thier way or no way, i hope we tell them to get to **** over this as we must let them know times are going to change.

i'm assuming hearts will be asking for a 5% admin fee when selling our tickets for tannadice ?

if its good enough for those ****bags everyone should receive the same services from dundee utd.

they should have refused and left the away end empty,after a few games with no away celtic support there the ****bags would have capitulated,really ****ed off with eddie thomson for that one :mad:

Can't clubs just charge OF fans an extra 5.25% for their tickets and tell them that this is because 5% of it is going to the clubs that they support because they are charging this fee for selling the tickets? the .25 is an additional 5% of 5%.

Can't clubs just charge OF fans an extra 5.25% for their tickets and tell them that this is because 5% of it is going to the clubs that they support because they are charging this fee for selling the tickets? the .25 is an additional 5% of 5%.

I was thinking the same thing, add the charge onto the price of the ticket. But I'm sure that will breach the rules about not over-charging away fans.

It's something like we're not allowed to charge away fans more than home fans for the equivalent standard of seating. So if we bumped up Roseburn prices it would apply to the Hearts fans sitting there and also all the Hearts fans in the Gorgie Road end.

132goals1958

This nominal 5% charge is a cynical ploy by the ugly sisters, to effectively blackmail the other clubs in generating additional revenue from 20 or so away visits, which when consolidated will be relatively significant. You could almost equate it to some form of stealth payment The rest of the clubs must somehow nip this in the bud, or find some alternative method of ticket distribution otherwise those two disgusting parasitic institutions will continue to run roughshod as and when they wish. And some observers still don?t get it when we support the opposition when the bigot brothers ply their trade in Europe

Just sell the tickets themselves. Rangers and Celtic fans would buy out their allocations even if their "boardroom" told them not to.

Time to pay back - we should only sell tickets to season ticket holders from either club from our own ticket office. Tickets would have to be bought on a predetermined day and the season ticket book would have to produced (details then noted for our own data base). Cut the Old Firm totally out of the equation and make their fans suffer. I'm sure once those in the pecking order for away tickets stop getting them and start nipping the ears of the directors at each club, they'll be back begging to have the sales returned to them.

To me it simply looks like extortion.

Say they get Arsenal in the CL group stages, do you think they would expect a 5% fee from Arsenal for selling tickets to their mob for the Emirates game?

Would they feck.

Toxteth O'Grady

Ban OF Fans from our grounds

Sell cheap family tickets for home supporters for the "away end" when the Uglies play.

We don't want/need them

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I'm really, really angry about this. The most vile partnership in world sport rears it's ugly head once more. Really wish all ten other SPL clubs had stood up to them, I just hope we hold firm.

And watch what little TV revenue we do get dry up? I believe without the OF our league would have as much appeal as the Welsh or Irish leagues.

Exactly what the media and the OF want you to think. I do not believe, over the longer term (assuming a league restructure), that would prove to be the case but it's academic.

What the **** are the SPL doing about two member clubs EXTORTING money from the others, to such an extent that another member club considers itself to be in a perilous financial position as a result !!!!

**** the pair of these Glasgow based b*stards

Of course they are spineless -- the ?100.000 was only if no old firm fans turned up -- they could have sold to OF fans who came to Tannadice -- and indeed from their statement are going to do this by cutting Celtics allocation given direct to the club.

They and any other club who gives in to this are a joke -- ALL IT TAKES IS ONE OR TWO GAMES AND COMPLAINTS FROM THEIR FANS AND THEY WILL SOON COME CRAWLING BACK.

If not well stuff them - put up their prices even more, charge them more for food and drink inside the stadium -- all in all make it an unpleasant place for them to visit -- thats what they do to us.

Make them Q IN A SEP Q from our fans and have only 1 person serving -- if they have to wait -- tough.

They get more from TV and claim more from other commercial deals -- it's time for them to realise without others they have no league.

As usual we have Blain bleating on about how they will not be responsible if some of the fans 'cause trouble' because they are not vetted by me -- as if he checks the names of all the fans -- remember they give to supporters clubs without personal names for each ticket sold.

Archived