Dundee Utd to pay 5%

Ryan Gosling

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ban them from Tynecastle. Simple as that.

They may reciprocate and that would be a shame for those fans who go every week but it's a small price to pay to put them back in their box.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Dundee Hibernian have capitulated on this, I notice that the silence from Fester Road and Aberdeen on their positions is deafening.

Why don't the other teams get ticketmaster to sell tickets for the old firm? Perhaps ticketmaster could set up a site for their fans to register for tickets and send pre-sale links at random?

Don't want those ****bags near our ticket office - it would need extra strong cleaning afterwards.

Exactly what the media and the OF want you to think. I do not believe, over the longer term (assuming a league restructure), that would prove to be the case but it's academic.

No, that's how things are. league restructure, with what exactly? With Raith, Livingston et al making up the numbers?

Then there's the European money. Our teams only get into the later rounds because the OF have boosted our coefficient. I can't think of any other Scottish club that's even remotely helped our nation's coefficient, so it wouldn't be long until we had our CL allocation cut to one and only entered the competition at the same level as Irish teams. That would mean Hearts having to beat the likes of Arsenal or Barca just to even have a hope of reaching the league stages.

here's the irony, we'd only get two automatic berths if the OF boosted our coefficient before they fecked off.

joe.gausden
While Dundee Hibernian have capitulated on this, I notice that the silence from Fester Road and Aberdeen on their positions is deafening.

Why don't the other teams get ticketmaster to sell tickets for the old firm? Perhaps ticketmaster could set up a site for their fans to register for tickets and send pre-sale links at random?

Don't want those ****bags near our ticket office - it would need extra strong cleaning afterwards.

Agreed. Ticketmaster would also charge their fans an admin fee for every ticket.

Drylaw Hearts

Utd have not thought this decision through at all.

1 match without Celtic fans would not have killed them and they really should have stuck by their guns.

Can you imagine the uproar by the 'Tic fans after being informed by their Club that they will no longer be allowed to attend Away matches at Clubs who have stood up to this ridiculous demand ?

Utd crumbling will have Celtic laughing all the way to the biscuit tin.

Moe Szyslak
I was thinking the same thing, add the charge onto the price of the ticket. But I'm sure that will breach the rules about not over-charging away fans.

It's something like we're not allowed to charge away fans more than home fans for the equivalent standard of seating. So if we bumped up Roseburn prices it would apply to the Hearts fans sitting there and also all the Hearts fans in the Gorgie Road end.

We should make the price for the seat itself the same for both home and away fans, then charge away fans the 5% Old Firm admin fee on top.

If challenged Hearts could argue that they have to pass this charge on, otherwise they would end up with less money per seat from Old Firm fans than Hearts fans in equivalent seating.

Dundee Utd should have told them to stick it, then undertaken a local marketing campaign to get the own fans along, 2 for 1's, cheap kids tickets, whatever it took to fill as much of the ground as possible. Add that to the 'local' Celtic element and the difference would have been nowhere near the ?100k loss.

Unless teams stand up to these bullies, their going to carry on taking your dinner money.

My concern is that if the OF get enough support (all be it grudged), it will get passed as an SPL resolution at some point in the future anyway.

As an earlier poster said wtf are the SPL saying about it? Hee-haw.

No, that's how things are. league restructure, with what exactly? With Raith, Livingston et al making up the numbers?

Then there's the European money. Our teams only get into the later rounds because the OF have boosted our coefficient. I can't think of any other Scottish club that's even remotely helped our nation's coefficient, so it wouldn't be long until we had our CL allocation cut to one and only entered the competition at the same level as Irish teams. That would mean Hearts having to beat the likes of Arsenal or Barca just to even have a hope of reaching the league stages.

here's the irony, we'd only get two automatic berths if the OF boosted our coefficient before they fecked off.

Travelling to England every 2nd week is expensive and time consuming and watching football on TV is a very distant 2nd. I think (only my opinion) that people would rather watch a game every week an hour or two from home than save up to go one in 5 or 6 away games. Ok the top 4 will be popular, but tickets will be limited. Midweek away to Pompey, West Ham etc?

Could be that the 'away' OF fan, who lives in Dundee, Edinburgh, Aberdeen might rediscover the teams their city has, especially if the glory days out involve those teams. Just an opinion.

1 match without Celtic fans would not have killed them and they really should have stuck by their guns.

Can you imagine the uproar by the 'Tic fans after being informed by their Club that they will no longer be allowed to attend Away matches at Clubs who have stood up to this ridiculous demand ?

Agreed.

As for those saying that United had no choice, Falkirk have decided to sell ALL of the R@ng*rs away allocation from their own stadium and under their own conditions. That would have worked at United as well had they not pooped it.

United (what a perfectly ironic name eh?) have done the other nine Premier League clubs no favours. Spineless.

Also, if the title race goes to the wire between the huns and the mhanks, and the mhanks have the prospect of no supporters at their away game but the huns do, will they change their mind?

Moe Szyslak
As an earlier poster said wtf are the SPL saying about it? Hee-haw.

Only to be expected, given the "incredulous" (sic) decision to appoint Martin Bain as an SPL director a few weeks ago.

portobellojambo1
You can understand their position though.

Celtic saying they'll refuse any tickets is seriously damaging for United's finances.

We can afford to do it. They can't.

The thing is Rangers & Celtic probably realise, or hope, that Peanut, they will know which clubs to target, hope they give in and say yes, and then hope everyone else will follow suit.

However the very fact Celtic have said to Dundee United they will not handle any tickets if Dundee United do not agree to the deal doesn't mean Dundee United will necessarily lose money. If Celtic fans want to go to that game, and Dundee United did as Falkirk are doing, and sell the tickets themselves, they would still get rid of them, Celtic fans would travel to Dundee to buy them, and may turn their fury on their own club for inconveniencing them.

Ray Winstone

I thought of all clubs Dundee United would not cave so easily.

After all ET and CL rantings about OF corruption within the SFA etc etc and they turn around and ***** all over every other club in the SPL.

Unbelievable.

Apologies if it's been mentioned already - does anyone know if they are charging each other the 5% fee for the OF games? :wacko:

Nucky Thompson
Apologies if it's been mentioned already - does anyone know if they are charging each other the 5% fee for the OF games? :wacko:
Good question:)

Travelling to England every 2nd week is expensive and time consuming and watching football on TV is a very distant 2nd. I think (only my opinion) that people would rather watch a game every week an hour or two from home than save up to go one in 5 or 6 away games. Ok the top 4 will be popular, but tickets will be limited. Midweek away to Pompey, West Ham etc?

Could be that the 'away' OF fan, who lives in Dundee, Edinburgh, Aberdeen might rediscover the teams their city has, especially if the glory days out involve those teams. Just an opinion.

after reading over my post again, i think I came over as a pompous arse, for which I apologise as it wasn't my intention to do so.

What I will say though, i still don't agree with your opinion, but we'll leave it at that as i don't think either of us will change our views.

Moe Szyslak
If Celtic fans want to go to that game, and Dundee United did as Falkirk are doing, and sell the tickets themselves, they would still get rid of them, Celtic fans would travel to Dundee to buy them, and may turn their fury on their own club for inconveniencing them.

Exactly, and they've got a week longer than Falkirk to do it.

I also can't understand why United are saying they will sell some of the tickets themselves. Either give in to their demands or tell them to GTF but, if you can make arrangements to sell some, why not sell them all?

When we go to the smaller clubs like Hibs!!!!, M well, Killie etc should we now demand 5%. I somehow doubt it.

If these weegie CU**** get away with this we should do it.

Next they will be demading 60% of gate receipts for scottish cup and diddy cup games instead of the 50% split??.

We have shown that only giving them half the away end we still sell it out.

I still think that if you gave them no tickets we would still sell the stadium out. Sure some parents do not take their kids due to possibility of trouble etc etc. If they were not attending I would expect more Hearts fans to turn out.

Although the rules you have to give them a certain % of tickets for away games.

We have the 3rd biggest away support, when doing well will fill any away end.

We have the clout to start doing what the weegies are planning.

Do not believe any other club outwith the OF could do that.

Re Utd, I still find it strange why they have said yes.

The weegies would still sell their end out so why agree to it.

Are the weegies suggesting they will not turn up any more, i somehow doubt that. Their players need their fans more than they need the money.

Hearts must tell them to GTF,

If I was Romanov my statement would be.

"With regards to your request, we will not be agreeing to this, your fans are not welcome to our stadium, We have to spend so much money fumigating the seats that your fans sit on, in fact we should be sending you a very large bill from our cleaning company. However we legally have to let you attend"

That would bring a smile to my face.

They are just making me hate them more and more.

The thing is Rangers & Celtic probably realise, or hope, that Peanut, they will know which clubs to target, hope they give in and say yes, and then hope everyone else will follow suit.

However the very fact Celtic have said to Dundee United they will not handle any tickets if Dundee United do not agree to the deal doesn't mean Dundee United will necessarily lose money. If Celtic fans want to go to that game, and Dundee United did as Falkirk are doing, and sell the tickets themselves, they would still get rid of them, Celtic fans would travel to Dundee to buy them, and may turn their fury on their own club for inconveniencing them.

That surely borders on extorting money by menaces ?

The only problem here is that DUFC want the cash and are willing to be treated UNLAWFULLY in the hope they still get it

It wont help their cause I know, but to my mind that statement brings into question any 'rights' they have to demand any ticket allocation whatsoever ?

Grrrrrrrr...........these *****s make my blood boil :yadayada:

Nookie Bear
i'm assuming hearts will be asking for a 5% admin fee when selling our tickets for tannadice ?

if its good enough for those ****bags everyone should receive the same services from dundee utd.

they should have refused and left the away end empty,after a few games with no away celtic support there the ****bags would have capitulated,really ****ed off with eddie thomson for that one :mad:

Spot on: us and Aberdeen have always taken excellent supports to Tannadice so we can expect the same?

All the SPL teams outwith the OF should have stuck to their guns on this one. If the OF were told continue to sell away tickets without the surcharge or they get no tickets the OF would have to back down. OF fans would kick off about not getting to away games and the theres no way the teams would want to play 15-16 games/season with no supporters. Some clubs may lose revenue on their first home game against the OF until things were sorted out but they would be better off in the long term (saving the 5% on all future games). Moreover, whats to prevent the OF increasing the surcharge to 10% next season?

OF GTF!

Spot on: us and Aberdeen have always taken excellent supports to Tannadice so we can expect the same?

Was going to post something similar but it's usually just been pay at the gate for us well behaved types up there :P

StAndrewsHMFC

Just a thought, if the OF refuse to handle tickets without the handling fee, could fans of the other 10 SPL clubs not cobble together and form a sort of travelling anti OF fan base to fill their end with additional support for the home teams. The games are nearly always on Sundays so wouldn't really clash with other SPL games too often.

I'm pretty sure after a couple of months of that what with no longer getting any decisions from refs due to the overwhelmimg home support they might change their tune

Nookie Bear
Was going to post something similar but it's usually just been pay at the gate for us well behaved types up there :P

I just can't stand these clubs that publicly admit to relying on the old squirm - at least have some dignity!

The really irritating thing is that, if all the clubs stood firm and followed Falkirk's lead, then the people to suffer would be the old firm season ticket holders who should get first pick of away tickets. If that happened they would soon get their own clubs back into line.......job done

Just a thought, if the OF refuse to handle tickets without the handling fee, could fans of the other 10 SPL clubs not cobble together and form a sort of travelling anti OF fan base to fill their end with additional support for the home teams. The games are nearly always on Sundays so wouldn't really clash with other SPL games too often.

I'm pretty sure after a couple of months of that what with no longer getting any decisions from refs due to the overwhelmimg home support they might change their tune

I think that's asking a bit much to be honest :P but for heavens sake, if this ain't a good enough reason for the remaining 10 to stand 'four square' then I don't know what is ?

why don't they charge their own? If they're not from a Glasgow postcode, they have to pay a 5% charge... thus encouraging players to actually support ther local team or pay extra ... would even things out I reckon seeing as there's hundreds of buses heading to the weej every week. Why should any one else finance the bar stewards!?!?

What the fork are the SPL doing about this??

Pretty sure when this story broke it was claimed to be illegal, yet not heard a peep out of Lex Gold. Typical.

He peeped up enough to ban the Ross County youth team from the leagues this season for handing in their disclosure certificates a day too late by voting against them.

The football authorities in this country realy are a joke.

I suspect a part of the problem is that there are lots of other more urgent/pressing issues going on in the Dundee United boardroom just now, much more pressing than some poxy wee team from Glasgow making petty demands.

I have every confidence United will deal with the Old Firm as time progresses - lest not forget, Jim McLean is so far the only sports writer to openly criticise the Old Firm ticket demands.

Falkirk have made a very gutsy decision and deserve huge praise, but it would be unreasonable to think every club could take such a stance without taking time to plan how to deal with it. The Old Firm only gave us 2 weeks notice, budgets were long since finished.

The Old Tolbooth
One thing I love about Vlad is he's that much of a stubborn bassa that there's no way he will lie down to those lot. So much for them being stiff competition with each other. Unless its to shaft the rest of the SPL to tighten their grip on the coffers.

Hope both clubs die.

This is why my hatred for both clubs exist. Staunch opposition until it comes down to money. Shallow *****.

Amen to that brother, the two most vile organisations in world football!

Doctor FinnBarr
And watch what little TV revenue we do get dry up? I believe without the OF our league would have as much appeal as the Welsh or Irish leagues.

Oh, grow up, do we really need the telly if all you can hear is **** the pope, **** the Queen etc etc?

:mad:

I'm trying to work out some clever reason why Dundee Utd have capitulated so easily. I'd have thought that they'd have been one to stand up to the bigot brothers. Unfortunately I think it is simply due to being bullied into it.

What disappoints (but doesn't surprise) me most is the media reaction to this. These are the kind of events which should encourage the other clubs to gang together against them.

Is there anything the Non-OF supporters clubs/msgboards can do to bring this to the forefront of scottish football? The media would have to react if there was a large opposition to it.

I am at a loss as to why Sparky and I dont seem to understand why the other clubs cant stand together against this abuse and simply tell them to feckoff.!!!

Guest JamboRobbo

OF - **** of the earth. And these sort of actions prove it.

On this issue, I'm glad we have Vlad who is stubborn enough to stand up to them.

The Mighty Thor

lots of different issues at play here;

Dundee Utd should be ashamed of themselves. they've bent over to pick up the OF soap (surely an oxymoron) here. Cowards

SPL - what are the custodians of the top league in Scottish football doing about this outrageous bit of commercial bullying by two members against the other 10? Mind you SPL Chairman Lex Gold, former civil servant and chairman of Hibs FC has an excellent record of running the SPL for the exclusive benefit of the ugly sisters. - Coward

The Media - stony silence from the press pack - quell surprise!

You can expect the tramps to fold next as they'll be gagging on the 3,000 unwashed 4 times this season as i predict home attendances will be fairly low to watch Buster's industrial football.

markletissier

i hope we take it a stage further and our fans buy all the away tickets.

FTOF

Guest JamboRobbo

We should tell the OF we're not giving them 5% of the money.

And if (like they did with Utd) they say they're not taking any tickets, just say fine. Don't even bother to sell any to their fans at all, not even via Tynie.

After all, it is their choice not to take the tickets to sell to their own fans. So we wouldnt' be breaking any rules.

Might cost us a wee bit, but probably not much. And imagine a full Tynie, against the OF, with NO away fans at all. It'd be bliss.

Bindy Badgy
i hope we take it a stage further and our fans buy all the away tickets.

FTOF

Likewise. I would ****ing love it if we could do that.

Unfortunately I don't think we have the fanbase at the moment. A couple of seasons ago we could of but this plan requires a decent team on the park.

I don't think you can accuse Dundee United of being spineless, they're hand was forced- the cashflow problems related to losing an expect ?100k this early in the season just don't bare thinking about.

The only way to stand up to the old firm is if the rest of the SPL do it together. So far only Hibs, Hearts, Falkirk and Dundee Utd havbe done this so far.

The team I'm most disappointed with is Aberdeen, they are of a similar size as us and Hibs, but seem to have just lay down and accepted it. Its much harder for the smaller teams to say no due to the cash flow implications

Bit of contradiction in your post, I tend to agree with other posters that they`re spineless, hope they get shafted for more next time and Smeltic & Rankgers rip them for more each season .

United started selling tickets to the **** this morning , taking names and address details from the applicunts, who are not happy about this or the ?1.50 admin fee they are being charged from United.

Oh, grow up, do we really need the telly if all you can hear is **** the pope, **** the Queen etc etc?

:mad:

I'd ask what you're gibbering on about, but i've had my fill of internet idiots for this week, so I'll let it pass.

Mods you can suspend me if you like for what I am bout to say - I just dont care

I hope Celtic FC die!!!!

What Dundee Utd have forgotten is that you should NEVER give in to blackmail. Because once you do, the *******s will just keep on coming and raising the stakes every time. What should have happened is that all the non-OF chairmen should have got together straight away and presented a united front in sticking the fingers up to the bully boys. It's not too late...

Guest JamboRobbo
Mods you can suspend me if you like for what I am bout to say - I just dont care

I hope Celtic FC die!!!!

but will they go to heaven or hell?

but will they go to heaven or hell?

wherever the little boys are ;)*

*this comment does not reflect the opinion of anyone else on JKB - just i8hibsh :)

Archived