Dundee Utd to pay 5%

Ryan Gosling

How about JR and Gambo meet up and have a good fight and hope that it will put an end to this childish bickering that goes on in most threads.

Or how about we close down JKB and stop debating issues?:confused:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo
Yep and it seems to me they are blowing a lot of hot air saying they were forced into it but were still very quick to capitulate.

How exactly were they bullied into it?

Money - pure and simple. There are any number of possible reasons why they didn't do what Falkirk did. Perhaps they didn't feel they had the option to go as far as Falkirk without losing a lot of cash in the short term. Maybe they didn't have police backing. Maybe they didn't have the staff to deal with selling all tickets to OF fans direct. The clubs who have extra weeks to worry about it have extra time to make arrangements, and I think those rushing to condemn Utd are misdirecting their anger.

They are cutting the allocation to Celtic, and selling some from there ground, and have said there not happy with the arrangements.

So it's not a total capitulation, and they're hardly "jumping into bed with Celtic and cuddling up to them" as some on here would like you to believe.

Debating issues are fine Gambo,enough said.

Guest JamboRobbo
How about JR and Gambo meet up and have a good fight and hope that it will put an end to this childish bickering that goes on in most threads.

if you don't like whats in a thread, don't bother to read it. I would have thought that principle would be simple enough to understand for most people. :rolleyes:

if you don't like whats in a thread, don't bother to read it. I would have thought that principle would be simple enough to understand for most people. :rolleyes:

No problem sir.

Gambo will be along in a minute to ask you for proof of this cuddling up to Celtic which you keep making up to support you're argument.

Celtic FC write to Dundee Utd (and other teams) and tell them they want to keep 5% of the ticket sale money that they sell to their own fans for away fixtures.

Option 1 You write back and tell them where to stick the 5%, and sell the tickets direct to Celtic fans.

Option 2 You write back to them and say okay.

Option 1 imo = sticking 2 fingers up to them

Option 2 imo = cuddling up to Celtic.

I actually hope every club now writes to Utd asking for the same, as they seem to be a walkover.

So you admit that you exagerated the "jumping into bed" bit to support you're argument then.

You will notice i said "i see it as" ie giving my opinion.;)

Guest JamboRobbo

Option 1 You write back and tell them where to stick the 5%, and sell the tickets direct to Celtic fans.

Option 2 You write back to them and say okay.

Option 3. You write back saying you're not happy about it, but you'll give in a bit this time otherwise you'd lose a load of money. You also tell them you are cutting the number of tickets you give them, and selling some from you're ground - to me a clear indication that if they make it work, they'll do more of that in the future.

That is the reality of it, not this "cuddling up" which you seem to have fabricated.

Nookie Bear

Debating issues???

On kickback????????????????

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

brilliant stuff

Sunday' date=' 17 August 2008[/u']

Dundee Utd v Celtic, 14:00 Tannadice Park

TICKET SALES

Tickets for home ends (East stand and George Fox) go on sale to shareholders on Monday 4th August and go on general sale on Tuesday 5th August.

Tickets for C*lt!c fans (Jerry Kerr stand and the Shed) will be sold on a postal application basis. Please note, all postal applications will require full details of the purchaser of EACH ticket (name and address) and we remind C*lt!c fans that strict segregation will be employed.

It really would have been that easy.

Guest JamboRobbo
It really would have been that easy.

Mate, if it was really that easy, do you not think Utd would have done it?

Do you actually believe they are quite happy to give Celtic 5% of their ticket money, and didn't even bother to look at their options?

Do you actually believe they are quite happy to give Celtic 5% of their ticket money, and didn't even bother to look at their options?

Dungdeh Hibernians already have the infrastructure in place to sell tickets. Dealing with a few thousand extra applications from the mhanks would not present them with any great logistical problem. However, they have decided to roll over to their green-and-grey-hooped heroes.....the brotherhood of the green and all that. :sad:

Dungdeh Hibernians actions are extremely distasteful and have let down the non-OF clubs. Hopefully this will be remembered when Dungdeh Hibernians next come whining to those clubs for help or assistance. ;)

I do not think they simply wanted to give the Glasgow two more money, I simply feel they took the easy option.

It IS as easy as that as that is ALMOST what Falkirk are doing, they are selling the tickets from New Brockville themselves. Their press release makes out there were two options; cave in on the fee or lose out on the C*lt!c fans money entirely. Falkirk show that is not the case.

Option 3. You write back saying you're not happy about it, but you'll give in a bit this time otherwise you'd lose a load of money. You also tell them you are cutting the number of tickets you give them, and selling some from you're ground - to me a clear indication that if they make it work, they'll do more of that in the future.

That is the reality of it, not this "cuddling up" which you seem to have fabricated.

Is it, where can i read about this?

From what i have read, they have agreed to Celtics request to take 5% over fear of losing a possible ?100k (ie the reality of it, just like my option2). A fear that imo Falkirk have shown is unfounded.

Quite happy to be proved otherwise (or were you fabricating the reality?).

At first it appeared to me that the remaining 10 clubs had NOT done the sensible thing and spoken to each other, with the result that DUFC had capitulated therefore dropping all the other 'struggling' clubs in the sh*te

However ;) ........reading the article it says

Dundee United are still debating how to deal with the issue when Celtic visit on August 17 but chief executive Stephen Thompson admitted clubs are smarting at the conduct of the big two.

He said: "An informal meeting has been called at fairly short notice to discuss this issue and up to half a dozen clubs will attend.

"We all share the same opinion, none of us is happy at the principle of the issue and the way it has been handled by the Old Firm.

****, I've just read that again while I was pasting it and he says HALF A DOZEN will attend............for heavens sake, grow some balls lads !!!!

Anyway, IF that meeting did take place then maybe DUFC are playing it very smart and, should CFC take the cash, we may find that they are in breach of the rules and the SPL will finally HAVE to take some punitive action ?

Oh by the way, I nipped onto the Kerrydale St site this morning to see how the natives viewed this ?

Apparently the Parkhead TO charge them ?2 for away tickets as it is :eek:

Now whether that's ?2 a ticket or per transaction I never found out ?

However the Mhanks themselves were wondering if the ?2 fee would then be wiped, since the 'admin charge' was now to be absorbed by the host club ?

Is it, where can i read about this?

From what i have read, they have agreed to Celtics request to take 5% over fear of losing a possible ?100k (ie the reality of it, just like my option2). A fear that imo Falkirk have shown is unfounded.

Quite happy to be proved otherwise (or were you fabricating the reality?).

Just looked at the Utd website re option 3..

It still does not retract from that they DID have other options............the Falkirk option.........but chose the easy option.

Falkirk were not happy either, but at least they had the balls to tell them where to stick the 5%.

Utd who were also not happy said..........ok we are not happy but here is your 5%. (sooking up to Celtic imo instead of fighting them head on).

Utd would have had an extra week over Falkirk to get something in place.

I would love Vlad to reply with this.

"With regards to your proposal, Hearts FC have declined your request.

We will not be held to any demands re allocation of tickets for your supporters.

You have advised that you will not be requesting tickets from us.

Therefore we accept your statement.

It is a pity that none of your fans will be able to attend Tynecastle this forthcoming season.

It will most probably be screened on TV via Setanta and they will be able to watch it in the pub or the comfort of their home".

chester copperpot

We will not be held to any demands re allocation of tickets for your supporters.

It is a pity that none of your fans will be able to attend Tynecastle this forthcoming season.

It will most probably be screened on TV via Setanta and they will be able to watch it in the pub or the comfort of their Cell".[/QUOTE]

Changed one word to make it perfect. ;)

It will most probably be screened on TV via Setanta and they will be able to watch it in the pub or the comfort of their home".

He can't though as i think each home club has to give the away club a percentage of tickets for the match under SPL rules. Also actually self defeating not selling tickets to OF given the money they bring into the club.

Also unsure why so many Jambo's are getting their knickers in a twist about this as all Hearts will do is sell tickets to OF through Ticketmaster anyway and the Hobo's will do the same.

It's not a big deal as Falkirk managed to sell all 2500 away tickets to Rangers fans in the space of a couple of days themselves. Now if Falkirk can get organised to sell tickets to away fans on their own(in a limited time period as well) then most other clubs should be able to manage it as well.

If the old firm want to conduct business the way they have then it's up to them, if clubs don't want to pay the 5% then they say "no thanks" we will sell the tickets ourselves just like Falkirk did.

He can't though as i think each home club has to give the away club a percentage of tickets for the match under SPL rules. Also actually self defeating not selling tickets to OF given the money they bring into the club.

Also unsure why so many Jambo's are getting their knickers in a twist about this as all Hearts will do is sell tickets to OF through Ticketmaster anyway and the Hobo's will do the same.

It's not a big deal as Falkirk managed to sell all 2500 away tickets to Rangers fans in the space of a couple of days themselves. Now if Falkirk can get organised to sell tickets to away fans on their own(in a limited time period as well) then most other clubs should be able to manage it as well.

If the old firm want to conduct business the way they have then it's up to them, if clubs don't want to pay the 5% then they say "no thanks" we will sell the tickets ourselves just like Falkirk did.

no tickets should be sold to the vermin that are the old firm, therefore there will be a huge saving on policing costs, if they dont like it they can go and find a league that will put up with the baggage that follows, not the plastic paddies that follow celtic in europe but the real inbreds from both sides of the same coin

no tickets should be sold to the vermin that are the old firm, therefore there will be a huge saving on policing costs, if they dont like it they can go and find a league that will put up with the baggage that follows, not the plastic paddies that follow celtic in europe but the real inbreds from both sides of the same coin

The thing is though, the profits made from the OF sides at Tynie would more than cover the extra policing costs and a lot more. Even if it was just Hearts fans at the match the Police and stewards would still need to be there but just as not as many numbers. Let's just say i have an idea of what the difference between policing costs are for matches at Tynecastle regarding the OF and OF and those for other clubs.

The problem that most clubs have is that revenue from the Old firm matches is factored into club budgets at the start of the season and it's affect players wages and transfer fees etc. If they don't have that income then a lot of players that are playing in the SPL now wouldn't be playing here as clubs couldn't afford them.

So at the end of the day there's no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The thing is though, the profits made from the OF sides at Tynie would more than cover the extra policing costs and a lot more. Even if it was just Hearts fans at the match the Police and stewards would still need to be there but just as not as many numbers. Let's just say i have an idea of what the difference between policing costs are for matches at Tynecastle regarding the OF and OF and those for other clubs.

The problem that most clubs have is that revenue from the Old firm matches is factored into club budgets at the start of the season and it's affect players wages and transfer fees etc. If they don't have that income then a lot of players that are playing in the SPL now wouldn't be playing here as clubs couldn't afford them.

So at the end of the day there's no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face.

BUT WE DONT NEED THEM, OR WANT THEM

Ok, lets look at this from 'outside the box'

If they can be 'blamed' for nothing else, Celtic / Rangers would appear to have f***** their own staunch / loyal support by handing over the allocation of tickets to the respective home clubs.

I imagine in our case we will just let Ticketmaster deal with it and they will sell the tickets to anyone with a valid Credit card and charge them accordingly.

Now why would the OF do that ???

I'm also led to believe that Celtic currently charge a ?2 admin fee on 'away' match tickets anyway ( not sure if that's per ticket or per transaction though ) so the fans currently cover some if not all of the clubs overheads on that front !

Now had they presented their case with their fans pockets in mind they might have got a bit more sympathy

This has clearly brought the clubs on a collision course and I cant help think there is more to this than meets the eye ?

Anyway, I would be more then happy if we could find reason to keep them out of Tynie ........100%

Guest JamboRobbo
He can't though as i think each home club has to give the away club a percentage of tickets for the match under SPL rules.

Celtic threatened united saying they wouldn't TAKE any tickets unless Utd agreed to pay them the 5%.

Hearts just allow Rangers or Celtic to say they're not taking any unless they get the 5%, and Hearts say "fine, you're fans won't get any tickets then". Job done.

Guest JamboRobbo

What are you blethering about. We give them about 2000 tickets out of 18k. 4 games * 2000 tickets is only 8000 tickets. Equivalent of half a stadium, for a single game throughout the season.

Drylaw Hearts

According to The Sunday Mail........

Aberdeen have caved in and will now pay the OF's 5% Tax.

Article here for anyone who wants a read.

ABERDEEN have caved in to Rangers' demand for a five per cent ticket handling fee because Dons security chiefs feared a repeat of crowd trouble that has marred the fixture in previous years.

Gers travel to Pittodrie in the third game of the SPL season on August 23 with the Old Firm ticket row still rumbling on.

The Glasgow clubs have outraged other top-flight rivals by asking for commission when selling away briefs to their own fans.

Falkirk, who host Rangers in Saturday's league opener, refused and instead flogged tickets directly to Light Blues supporters.

Hearts and Hibs have vowed to do the same but the rest are starting to break ranks.

Dundee United backed down when Celtic threatened a ticket boycott which would have cost the Arabs around ?100,000.

Now Dons have followed suit but safety rather than cash is their biggest concern.

Managing director Duncan Fraser said: "We have security and distribution arrangements that are unique to games against the Old Firm.

"In the last five or six years those matches have passed almost without incident and only minimal arrests if any.

"So we felt it was best that Rangers continue to distribute the away tickets."

Grampian Police would be unlikely to allow Dons to risk home fans infiltrating the visitors' section in what is already a powderkeg clash.

The clubs have a history of bad blood and former Gers striker Mark Hateley was once attacked by a supporter while players from both teams have been hit by missiles hurled from the crowd.

Riot police had to take to the field in 2002 and a female Aberdeen fan was banned for life in 2005 for spitting at Fernando Ricksen.

But both clubs have worked hard to stamp out the trouble and don't want to compromise safety.

The move will delight Rangers season ticket holders who lost first option on away tickets for the Bairns clash.

Despite their stance Dons still aren't happy but know security is the priority.

An insider said: "We don't want a situation where there could be trouble in the away end and Rangers say 'It's nothing to do with us.'"

Another one we (and Falkirk) will have to fight on behalf of now they have been bullied is suppose. :rolleyes:

I think now is the time to jump on the Rangers/Celtic bandwagon and ask Utd and Aberdeen(and anyone else who is easily bullied) for a 5% handling fee for any ticket game. (be smart VR and see if we can p*** off the old firm and get 7.5%)

Guest JamboRobbo

That'll be Aberdeen cuddling up to Rangers is suppose. :rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
Another one we (and Falkirk) will have to fight on behalf of now they have been bullied is suppose. :rolleyes:

I'm sure other Clubs will join us in the fight.

Guest JamboRobbo

No, no, clubs are either fully with us, the heroes of the universe on our crusade to rid the world of the ****my OF, or they're cuddling up to the OF. There is no in between. :rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown

We should just charge them 20% admin fee on the tickets they give us for Ibrox / Celtic Park - it's the easiest way to sort out this nonsense......in fact we should apply this to every SPL club and they should all do likewise.

Lets hope so.

Unlike some i would prefer it though if they joined us in the fight by telling the old-firm where to stick the 5% (you have a better starting point in the arguement), rather than saying yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir to the old-firm and hope that others fight their battle.

Guest JamboRobbo
rather than saying yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir to the old-firm and hope that others fight their battle.

Gambo will be along in a minute to pick you up for embelishing quotes to enhance you're argument.

portobellojambo1
Gambo will be along in a minute to pick you up for embelishing quotes to enhance you're argument.

Was it not Gambo that posted the original quote that you posted the above in response to. Don't know him personally but from his posting style I don't imagine he is the sort of guy that would start arguing with himself on JKB.

Chester Copperpot talking to/arguing with himself on JKB, now that is believable

Funny,

I was talking to a guy at work on Friday how interesting it would be when the discussion turned to Aberdeen.

Whilst they have not been blessed with huge turnouts at home in recent years, I was under the impression that they had no problems selling out for R@ng*rs. If I were Aberdeen, I would be tempted to go for home fans ONLY* as I think they would near as damn it sell out.

Obviously, there is a regulation in place that they have to offer a certain amount to R@ng*rs, but the deal at the moment is that if the tax is rejected then R@ng*rs will not take a single ticket, technically meaning they had refused their allocation.

I suspect we will see a Tynecastle without R@ng*rs and C*lt!c fans unless THEY cave. I would be hugely surprised and disappointed if VR caved now. Thankfully, one thing he appears to be is stubborn, especially when it comes the the Glasgow two attempting to run the whole game.

Guest JamboRobbo
Was it not Gambo that posted the original quote that you posted the above in response to. Don't know him personally but from his posting style I don't imagine he is the sort of guy that would start arguing with himself on JKB.

Was it really? I didn't notice. :P

ToadKiller Dog

So am i reading it correctly the Aberdeen security cheif is blaming the behavouir of the sheep followers for the club having to show there backsides to the old firm.

Why dont the other 10 clubs get together and set up an old firm database with ticket master or the likes share the cost rather than give in to the uglies?.

Sad to see its the so called new firm that are the first to fold maybe big in the 80s but looking oh so small these days.

Drylaw Hearts
Lets hope so.

Unlike some i would prefer it though if they joined us in the fight by telling the old-firm where to stick the 5% (you have a better starting point in the arguement), rather than saying yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir to the old-firm and hope that others fight their battle.

I don't know if any Club has said this though.

Tbh I doubt it.

I think all the Clubs involved are doing what they have to at the moment until a firm conclusion had been reached with all the Clubs who are against this Tax.

And I'll assume no Club wants to pay the Old Firm Tax.

From JamboRobbo on the 'Where's the new players ?' thread;

Well, I'm gonna stop wasting my time attempting debate with you now, as it's clear you're only making points for the purposes of petty points scoring against me, as opposed to wanting to talk constructively about HMFC.

How deeply ironic :rolleyes:

portobellojambo1
Funny,

I was talking to a guy at work on Friday how interesting it would be when the discussion turned to Aberdeen.

Whilst they have not been blessed with huge turnouts at home in recent years, I was under the impression that they had no problems selling out for R@ng*rs. If I were Aberdeen, I would be tempted to go for home fans ONLY* as I think they would near as damn it sell out.

Obviously, there is a regulation in place that they have to offer a certain amount to R@ng*rs, but the deal at the moment is that if the tax is rejected then R@ng*rs will not take a single ticket, technically meaning they had refused their allocation.

I suspect we will see a Tynecastle without R@ng*rs and C*lt!c fans unless THEY cave. I would be hugely surprised and disappointed if VR caved now. Thankfully, one thing he appears to be is stubborn, especially when it comes the the Glasgow two attempting to run the whole game.

Agree with what you say Alan. They do have to make the offer of tickets for the match. But all it would have needed would have been a simple piece of correspondence from, in this case, Aberdeen to Rangers stating, "we are preparing your ticket allocation for the forthcoming fixture, we are unwilling to pay the 5% levy you seem intent on imposing, can you confirm if you wish to receive, and issue, your allocation for this game". If Rangers then responded saying no Aberdeen could have then contacted the SPL, informed them Rangers had refused their allocation, and sold them as they saw fit.

All clubs are in a position to sell direct to Rangers/Celtic if they so wish, Falkirk proved how easy it is, I would also say all clubs could survive without selling tickets to Rangers/Celtic fans, in fact if they adopted this attitude I think Rangers/Celtic would quickly change their stance, because their own fans would kick up a **** about not getting to away games.

Guest JamboRobbo
From JamboRobbo on the 'Where's the new players ?' thread;

How deeply ironic :rolleyes:

Ditto your post, which is also petty points scoring. :mw_tease:

Agree with what you say Alan. They do have to make the offer of tickets for the match. But all it would have needed would have been a simple piece of correspondence from, in this case, Aberdeen to Rangers stating, "we are preparing your ticket allocation for the forthcoming fixture, we are unwilling to pay the 5% levy you seem intent on imposing, can you confirm if you wish to receive, and issue, your allocation for this game". If Rangers then responded saying no Aberdeen could have then contacted the SPL, informed them Rangers had refused their allocation, and sold them as they saw fit.

All clubs are in a position to sell direct to Rangers/Celtic if they so wish, Falkirk proved how easy it is, I would also say all clubs could survive without selling tickets to Rangers/Celtic fans, in fact if they adopted this attitude I think Rangers/Celtic would quickly change their stance, because their own fans would kick up a **** about not getting to away games.

Totally agree bud,

The article in the Mail has the reminder that it is the poor old R@ng*rs season ticket holders that were losing out on their tickets for the Falkirk game. The more clubs that put them in their place the sooner this crazy tax goes away.

JR if you are going to be petty and continue this line and try and spoil the thread, at least try and get it right. You have used it before in this thread AND FAILED, you have used it again AND FAILED.

I never said anyone HAS said that. I was replying to a post from DH about OTHER teams, and what i would PREFER to happen.

You better watch out or JamboRobbo will be along in a minute to pull you up about going off-topic and not debating the issue. :sleepy:

Totally agree bud,

The article in the Mail has the reminder that it is the poor old R@ng*rs season ticket holders that were losing out on their tickets for the Falkirk game. The more clubs that put them in their place the sooner this crazy tax goes away.

Well said.

Ditto your post, which is also petty points scoring. :mw_tease:

Difference is, I don't go out of my way to do it over and over and over again.

All I was doing was pointing out the hypocrisy of the statement.

Guest JamboRobbo
Difference is, I don't go out of my way to do it

Nah, you just come on a thread you hadn't posted on to do so.

Archived