Mike Tullberg

Hagar the Horrible

Nucky Thompson

I hope Shabba doesn't rely on Wikipedia before making a decision:rolleyes:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
portobellojambo1
Never take Wikipedia's stats like that seriously. They tend to only count league goals, and no other competition. If you looked at Wikipedia they'd tell you Cristiano Ronaldo only scored 66 goals for Man Utd since he joined them 5 years ago when in fact he scored one less than that in the past 2 seasons.

Another thing - we are not going to be able to sign a player who IS prolific in leagues like Denmark and Italy, because if they were, they'd be at Arsenal and Inter Milan, not Hearts on trial.

Would it not be the case that for this player the goal scoring stats might be more accurate than Ronaldo, the example you used, because with regards to the clubs he has been at most of his appearances will have been in domestic leagues (and possibly domestic cup ties).

I am not disagreeing with what you say by the way, i.e. that such online stats can be deceiving, I accept that could be the case, and I also agree with what you say, i.e. that if he was prolific he would have been picked up by a top club. I just see goalscoring as an area we are struggling in big time and I would like to see us go for a proven scorer rather than another journeyman who may offer nothing, which is my worry. We don't have a playing system which will turn a struggling goalscorer into the next John Robertson unfortunately.

As I said originally I don't really know anything about this guy, but he is not the sort of name that I would have thought of, or considered, as the answer to our goalscoring problems.

Charlie-Brown

I haven't listened to Csaba's interview however one observation i think is IF Csaba is actually keen on this player then perhaps it is because he thinks the Dane can help with our attacking in terms of hold up play and helping link attack & midfield rather than his out & out goalscoring prowess - this is definitely one aspect of our play we need to strengthen and something that Jankauskas did so well - if we can't keep the ball and link play in the opponents final third then creating goalscoring chances is much more difficult.....if we can do that successfully then it becomes easier for the other attacking players to get chances & goals.

Hungry Heart
Re: Fysass - I really wish I could see again that interview with Burley on the day Fysass signed. I'm certain he said he gave VR the tip-off.

Oh well.

Found this... http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/mrep/20050807034.htm

A fluent English speaker, Fyssas spoke warmly about Hearts manager George Burley and included him in the reasons for coming to Tynecastle at the expense of a variety of other interested suitors, in the English Premiership and abroad.

You could be on to something here...

Burley revealed that Fyssas came at the recommendation of Romanov's network of scouts rather than his own.

Woops!

LeylandJambo
Trying to think what other Danes have played over here.

Marc Rieper

Ulrich Larsen

Peter Lovenkrands

Tommy Lovenkrands

Morten Wieghorst

Can't think of many more.

Laudrup

He has got to be worth a look at, the standards are about the same SPL v Lower serie A.

What was de Vries and Fullers scoring rate before we took them?

are you joking!?

SPL isn't even close to the serie A in terms of quality :wacko: not even in comparison to the lesser teams.

I haven't listened to Csaba's interview however one observation i think is IF Csaba is actually keen on this player then perhaps it is because he thinks the Dane can help with our attacking in terms of hold up play and helping link attack & midfield rather than his out & out goalscoring prowess - this is definitely one aspect of our play we need to strengthen and something that Jankauskas did so well - if we can't keep the ball and link play in the opponents final third then creating goalscoring chances is much more difficult.....if we can do that successfully then it becomes easier for the other attacking players to get chances & goals.

We are absolutely crying out for a player who can do that.

The sight of Ksnavcius, Stewart or Velicka in that position last year was horrible.

Greedy_Jambo

I hope Tullberg turns out to be a good player. Theres not long left untill the new season starts and at the moment we have only Tullberg on trial and obua needing a work permit.

How many people think we have enough quality in the team already for Csaba to have "suxis" with only 2 or 3 new signings? (at the moment it could still be no new signings)

I don't.

I would love to see 5 players being papped out and 5 new trialists by the end of today!!

I hope Tullberg turns out to be a good player. Theres not long left untill the new season starts and at the moment we have only Tullberg on trial and obua needing a work permit.

How many people think we have enough quality in the team already for Csaba to have "suxis" with only 2 or 3 new signings? (at the moment it could still be no new signings)

I don't.

I would love to see 5 players being papped out and 5 new trialists by the end of today!!

When do Kaunas go out of Europe? Think we can expect a few players in after that.

Greedy_Jambo
When do Kaunas go out of Europe? Think we can expect a few players in after that.

Yeah. Pretty worrying isn't it.

For a minute there i thought Csaba coming in would be a new start for us.

Guest JamboRobbo

2nd leg is 5th of august.

so a bunch of kaunus muppets to arrive at riccarton on the 7th then.....

He has got to be worth a look at, the standards are about the same SPL v Lower serie A.

What was de Vries and Fullers scoring rate before we took them?

Very good point. There are good solid and skilful pros out there who, while not world beaters, are steady players who can make a difference in the SPL.

You just need a good scouting network to unearth them. When Levein brought Sir MDV i think he was in his mid twenties and nobody had really heard of him.

The guy turned out to be a great find in the short term IMO.

I agree.

But....

I'm getting more cautious with this set-up by the day.

Firstly Screpis is told he is no longer required after only 40 minutes of football, yet far poorer players have been kept on.

There is still no sign of an Assistant for Csaba even though he spoke of one on his first day here.

No.28 plays 1/2 a match at CH when in all honesty you have to wonder what Csaba will have gained from that 45 minutes.

Why would you play a supposedly 'attack minded' player at CH ?

It's just bizarre.

Then we have the latest chat about possibly signing FBK Kaunas players.

And now a trialist from an area where it was already known before the Manager arrived we were scouting for players.

Now I realise that we've almost signed Obua, who is undoubtably a Csaba pick, but I'm worried that the 'interference' has not gone away.

I'm worried that Csaba does not have as much of a say as he thinks.

Dont understand the "concern" regarding the trialist? He has obviously asked for a specific type of striker and the scouting staff have come up with "names" they are keeping tabs on ....... Csaba then decides who he wants to look at. This is the usual course of events for any team that has a scouting system and looking to recruit.

Hey who knows, maybe rays of "football normality" is starting to break through those dark clouds?

Dont understand the "concern" regarding the trialist? He has obviously asked for a specific type of striker and the scouting staff have come up with "names" they are keeping tabs on ....... Csaba then decides who he wants to look at. This is the usual course of events for any team that has a scouting system and looking to recruit.

Hey who knows, maybe rays of "football normality" is starting to break through those dark clouds?

Who are the scouting staff Colin?

Csaba has said he cannot tell from Tullbergs 20mins wether he will be good enough for us.

I thought Csaba had said something in an earlier interview along the lines of 'you can tell after 10mins wether a player..........'?

Csaba has said he cannot tell from Tullbergs 20mins wether he will be good enough for us.

I thought Csaba had said something in an earlier interview along the lines of 'you can tell after 10mins wether a player..........'?

I think he's full of blethers in all his interviews.

It is the right time to try out triallists of course, but surely he could have got more than 20 minutes?

3 years since Skacel and Pospisil signed and all of a sudden VR is now being linked with bringing both these players to Hearts.

Amazing.

Re: Fysass - I really wish I could see again that interview with Burley on the day Fysass signed. I'm certain he said he gave VR the tip-off.

Oh well.

Tip on Fysass came from the Portugese "Vlad agent" that brought "The Jank" and (since) Kingston to Hearts.

Bednar and Pospicill as a signing bundle were already on the scouting radar following a tip given to Chairman George from his (political and football supporting) Czech contacts.

Rudi was unequivocally Burley's spot.

Who are the scouting staff Colin?

John Murray has a very extensive network of scouts and "trusted agents" both home and abroad he can use to monitor players (Robert Tomaschek who is now an agent in central europe for example).

...... Alas the guy has for a wee while now been given little scope to make full use of this resource. Allegedly I must add!

Our problem as a club has been that its ok spotting a player with the skills and physique we are looking for .... you need to hand them over to a coaching "team" that has the required football, people skills .... AND TIME to improve the player and make that player part of "a team". Testiment to that is that we have and had players that underachieved with us and gone to other clubs for "silly money" who have seen what we originally spotted and wanted from the player.

As you can gather I think we are light on coaching staff.* Vlad has no impact on what they do day to day with individual players and I would be interested to hear if anybody who takes in the daily training spots any player getting* "one to one" coaching.It used to happen.

John McGlynn used to take on that remit in the past.* Whatever J McG lacked in the qualities needed for a front man he made up in spades with his football and people skills.

Until we have someone in the backroom staff with those qualities I share the concerns posted earlier.The Head coach job at Hearts requires a massive personal commitment in terms of time and sadly the core part of the job can suffer.Rant over!

Seymour M Hersh
3 years since Skacel and Pospisil signed and all of a sudden VR is now being linked with bringing both these players to Hearts.

Amazing.

Oh well.

Sorry pal but that was at the time not recently. No matter.

Ryan Gosling
I think he's full of blethers in all his interviews.

It is the right time to try out triallists of course, but surely he could have got more than 20 minutes?

He said Tullberg hadn't trained AND was carrying a small injury.

More than 20 minutes wouldn't have been fair.

I see. Hadn't heard any interviews.

Are there any more games on this tour?

I see. Hadn't heard any interviews.

Are there any more games on this tour?

One more on tuesday then thats us.

1yr loan with a fixed price, first option to buy written into the contract of say 500k sounds like a good deal for us. We can't really lose.

siegementality

So why even bother? When will he know if he's good enough? When he's trained for 6 weeks and is injury free? There are strikers available who HAVE trained and are NOT carrying a small injury, I would suggest at this stage of the game we should be looking at one of those.

Nade should be the proof that signing an unfit forward in the hope of getting him fitter is a gamble.

Ryan Gosling
So why even bother? When will he know if he's good enough? When he's trained for 6 weeks and is injury free? There are strikers available who HAVE trained and are NOT carrying a small injury, I would suggest at this stage of the game we should be looking at one of those.

Nade should be the proof that signing an unfit forward in the hope of getting him fitter is a gamble.

How's he supposed to get a look at him without seeing him in action? Laszlo suggests he's picked up a small injury during the game, but it'll be ok in a day or two, and that he'd play again on Tuesday after training with the team.

Guest JamboRobbo

Get in a young player who's out of favour somewhere on loan, and take a gamble on him turning it on at HMFC. Beginning to sound more and more like a Vlad signing to me, and we've all seen what a gamble those tend to be.

I hope he's more Larry Kingston than Misrad Beslija.

Gigolo-Aunt

I got the impression from the Hearts World interview with Csaba that we will be signing him.

Injuries are a funny thing. Some injuries you cant play with, and some you can give playing time too.

20mins yesterday could also have been a tester to see if the injury had cleared up.

Still, moan away.

:)

Ryan Gosling
I got the impression from the Hearts World interview with Csaba that we will be signing him.

Injuries are a funny thing. Some injuries you cant play with, and some you can give playing time too.

20mins yesterday could also have been a tester to see if the injury had cleared up.

Still, moan away.

Csaba also seemed to know a bit about him.

Gigolo-Aunt
Get in a young player who's out of favour somewhere on loan, and take a gamble on him turning it on at HMFC. Beginning to sound more and more like a Vlad signing to me.

You can be the first to say "I told you so" if it goes tits up.

We have all been moaning buggers on Kickback in recent times, would you not feel better in actually giving the guy a chance rather than trying to find the bad in every situation with regards to Csaba?

C'mon, lets give the guy a chance.

Ryan Gosling

We have all been moaning buggers on Kickback in recent times, would you not feel better in actually giving the guy a chance rather than trying to find the bad in every situation with regards to Csaba?

C'mon, lets give the guy a chance.

How many 'young out of favour loans' have we actually signed?

I'm struggling to think of any past Pinilla and Kingston. And Kingston's hardly young.

Gigolo-Aunt

I'm struggling to think of any past Pinilla and Kingston. And Kingston's hardly young.

Not sure TBH.

From what litttle I have read about this guy - he ticks boxes.

Hearts fans cried out for a new manager. IMO we got one, but some posters seem unable to give him a chance.

:sad:

Guest JamboRobbo

It's not about finding the bad in every situation. Praise where due, criticisim where due.

I gave credit for the Oboa signing which is clearly the managers choice, and I expect will work out to be a good signing.

Equally, I don't like the sound of this one so much. Record doesn't sound good, and our manager doesn't know the guy. DO you expect me to sit here and say I think thats a good thing when I don't? Or maybe just keep quiet and pretend it's not happening? Stick my head in the sand and hope it all works out?

Just giving my opinion, which is this signing sounds like much more of a gamble than the last one, and has all the hallmarks of a Vlad pick IMO.

Skacel as well.

We sent Bednar and Jose off on similar arrangements i believe.

Charlie-Brown

Skacel was a loan-to-buy signing and he was out of favour at Marseille.

The Wicker Man

Can anyone suggest an alternative striker on our 'budget' ? ( guess it's around ?600 ).

When Stevie Frail was asked on Talk 107 he said Velicka :frustrated:

Ryan Gosling
Skacel was a loan-to-buy signing and he was out of favour at Marseille.

Aye. A Burley signing. Clearly proof that Vlad is the man behind Tullberg.

Guest JamboRobbo
Can anyone suggest an alternative striker on our 'budget' ? ( guess it's around ?600 ).

We ain't gonna get much on that budget. ;)

siegementality

Still, moan away.

Thanks Mr Fitness Expert but I'm well aware of how injuries work. The fecking point I was making was that Peanut said he hadn't trained AND was carrying an injury. By "hadn't trained" I thought he meant "not been in training" rather than "hasn't trained with us".

As for the "moan away" comment, folk like you really get on my tiits. According to you you think we will be signing him, given the guy has not trained, has an injury, only played 20 minutes, Csaba said he hadn't seen enough of him and Tullberg played 8 games for Reginna last year scoring no goals, I think l'm entitled to ask on what Csaba basing his assessment on?

Gigolo-Aunt
It's not about finding the bad in every situation. Praise where due, criticisim where due.

I gave credit for the Oboa signing which is clearly the managers choice, and I expect will work out to be a good signing.

Equally, I don't like the sound of this one so much. Record doesn't sound good, and our manager doesn't know the guy.

Have you listened to the Hearts World interview?

Got the impression that Csaba knew a bit about him. It was far from a random turning up.

Im not saying he is a Csaba target, it could be possible that it was a Vlad's agent player.

I got the impression from the Hearts World interview that Csaba rated the guy from what he had seen - and that good enough for me.

There may come a time when the situation is doomed., with Csaba coming across as ridiculas as Ivan in his lasty days - for some reason I dont think that will happen.

Maybe just an optimist, but Csaba has my backing uintill that point.

Does it matter who sourced the guy?

Csaba is looking at him and if he thinks he's good enough, we'll sign him. If he sucks, we'll send him back.

What's the problem?

Guest JamboRobbo
Have you listened to the Hearts World interview?

Nope.

Got the impression that Csaba knew a bit about him. It was far from a random turning up.

If true, I'll be encouraged. I'm not convinced yet though.

Im not saying he is a Csaba target, it could be possible that it was a Vlad's agent player.

I got the impression from the Hearts World interview that Csaba rated the guy from what he had seen - and that good enough for me.

There may come a time when the situation is doomed., with Csaba coming across as ridiculas as Ivan in his lasty days - for some reason I dont think that will happen.

Maybe just an optimist, but Csaba has my backing uintill that point.

I've never said Csaba doesn't have my backing. I've liked most of what he's said, up until his meeting with Vlad. I feel if left to do a job, he would move us forward and be a good appointment.

Since the meeting with Vlad, he's started coming out with some bizarre stuff but time will tell whether he's giving Vlad enough rope to hang himself (with the Rangers v Kaunus thing) or whether he is gonna be Valdas in disguise.

Gigolo-Aunt
Thanks Mr Fitness Expert but I'm well aware of how injuries work. The fecking point I was making was that Peanut said he hadn't trained AND was carrying an injury. By "hadn't trained" I thought he meant "not been in training" rather than "hasn't trained with us".

As for the "moan away" comment, folk like you really get on my tiits. According to you you think we will be signing him, given the guy has not trained, has an injury, only played 20 minutes, Csaba said he hadn't seen enough of him and Tullberg played 8 games for Reginna last year scoring no goals, I think l'm entitled to ask on what Csaba basing his assessment on?

Im glad I get on yout tits, believe me, its a two way thing.

I do think we are in for him, Csaba was very positive with the player in his Hearts World interview.

If a player is good and will benefit the team , there is a pretty good chance that a "trial" is just a situation where the player can also look at the club as well as a the club look at what mental state the player is in.

Seems pretty cool with me. I like the idea of that.

Pretty sure most on Kickback would wish for the same scenario if we could go back in time with Nade.

And you are a moaner.

siegementality
How's he supposed to get a look at him without seeing him in action? Laszlo suggests he's picked up a small injury during the game, but it'll be ok in a day or two, and that he'd play again on Tuesday after training with the team.

I've not read that. Could you provide a link please. Ta.

Guest JamboRobbo
Does it matter who sourced the guy?

Yes IMO.

Csaba is looking at him and if he thinks he's good enough, we'll sign him. If he sucks, we'll send him back.

If that is true, there is no problem.

What's the problem?

The problem comes if he's the next Makela or Beslija, but we sign him anyway.

Gigolo-Aunt
Nope.

If true, I'll be encouraged. I'm not convinced yet though.

I've never said Csaba doesn't have my backing to be honest. I've liked most of what he's said, up until his meeting with Vlad. I feel if left to do a job, he would move us forward and be a good appointment.

Since the meeting with Vlad, he's started coming out with some bizarre stuff but time will tell whether he's giving Vlad enough rope to hang himself (with the Rangers v Kaunus thing) or whether he is gonna be Valdas in disguise.

I believe Hearts World is free this weekend. Check out the interview from last nights game.

What bizarre stuff has Csaba been coming out with after meeting Romanov?

Guest JamboRobbo
I believe Hearts World is free this weekend. Check out the interview from last nights game.

I have Hearts world anyway, just not got round to listening to the latest interview. In fact I think I did, but don't remember this being mentioned.

What bizarre stuff has Csaba been coming out with after meeting Romanov?

At the risk of being labelled a broken record. 2 things seem to have changed.

a) No longer wanting an assistant (having previously wanted one and he knew who it was).

B) Going from talking about the need for experience and quality (the things that anyone with any clue can see are the things we DO lack) , to talking about looking for young hungry players, and taking a look at the Kaunus players.

Yes IMO.

If that is true, there is no problem.

The problem comes if he's the next Makela or Beslija, but we sign him anyway.

Well it's up to the manager who signs, I think he's said that about 20 times.

If he signs crap players, he'll lose his job. That's how normal clubs do things. It's been a while but we are starting to resemble a normal club again. Try and be positive JR, you know you want to. :)

Archived