Mike Tullberg

Hagar the Horrible

You can be the first to say "I told you so" if it goes tits up.

We have all been moaning buggers on Kickback in recent times, would you not feel better in actually giving the guy a chance rather than trying to find the bad in every situation with regards to Csaba?

C'mon, lets give the guy a chance.

I know Gig, it`s becoming tiresome.

You can sign a player straight away and he can get 3 or 4 games to settle in and show what he can do, but if you are a player trying to win a deal 20 minutes is hardly fair and sufficient time to show your attributes. I don`t think Csaba said or really meant he can tell a good player after 10 minutes, i think he was talking more in tune with the confidence factor of a player as opposed to how good he is.

Let`s trust Csaba and give him a chance to shape his team.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
siegementality
Im glad I get on yout tits, believe me, its a two way thing.

:)

I do think we are in for him, Csaba was very positive with the player in his Hearts World interview.

If a player is good and will benefit the team , there is a pretty good chance that a "trial" is just a situation where the player can also look at the club as well as a the club look at what mental state the player is in.

Seems pretty cool with me. I like the idea of that.

Pretty sure most on Kickback would wish for the same scenario if we could go back in time with Nade.

And you are a moaner.

"see what mental state he is in", brilliant, a new criteria for Hearts signing players, sane enough, only under Romanknob eh?

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j118/Russ_Diesel/big-tits-car-washing.jpg

Gigolo-Aunt
I have Hearts world anyway, just not got round to listening to the latest interview. In fact I think I did, but don't remember this being mentioned.

At the risk of being labelled a broken record. 2 things seem to have changed.

a) No longer wanting an assistant (having previously wanted one and he knew who it was).

B) Going from talking about the need for experience and quality (the things that anyone with any clue can see are the things we DO lack) , to talking about looking for young hungry players, and taking a look at the Kaunus players.

You should listen to the intrerview mate. 5mins I think its on for.

I will agree, if Csaba wants a certain man in as his number two and is being thwartedin his attempts, thats not a good thing. Time will tell as he has only been in the job a few weeks, there is every chance he may still bring in his new man.

Have heard him talk since day one about young and hungry players, not a problem for me. He could still bring in experienced players? Proof will be in the pudding on that one as as you say, he did go on record as saying that.

ToadKiller Dog
I've not read that. Could you provide a link please. Ta.

from hearts world interview

"We have a player here for a trial and he played with Regina in Serie A," he said. "He did not play so many games but I think he is a good guy for the Scottish League.

"He is a fighter but at the moment it is not enough in 20 minutes to know if he is a player that can help us. The guy is positive.

"At the moment he has a small injury and I hope it is ok and we can make a decision. We must not make a hard decision we must make a good decision."

Gigolo-Aunt
"see what mental state he is in", brilliant, a new criteria for Hearts signing players, sane enough, only under Romanknob eh?

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j118/Russ_Diesel/big-tits-car-washing.jpg

How droll.

Mental state should be pretty high up Hearts agenda after the money and time spent on Pinnila.

Not think so?

Should we have just signed the chap?

Sounds good to me checking the guy out over a period of time.

Great finish!!

Aye, but if he does that for Hearts SPL ref would disallow on the grounds of dangerous play

Guest JamboRobbo
You should listen to the intrerview mate. 5mins I think its on for.

Sounds to me like Csaba has only seen 20 minutes of him and doesn't know if he can help Hearts or not. So he can't know that much about him?

siegementality
I have Hearts world anyway, just not got round to listening to the latest interview. In fact I think I did, but don't remember this being mentioned.

At the risk of being labelled a broken record. 2 things seem to have changed.

a) No longer wanting an assistant (having previously wanted one and he knew who it was).

B) Going from talking about the need for experience and quality (the things that anyone with any clue can see are the things we DO lack) , to talking about looking for young hungry players, and taking a look at the Kaunus players.

MOANER!!!!

Don't ask questions or have an opinion, be happy, smile, accept everything, it's the way forward.

Gigolo-Aunt
Sounds to me like Csaba has only seen 20 minutes of him and doesn't know if he can help Hearts or not. So he can't know that much about him?

I got the impression that he rated him and thought he could do a job.

May be way of the mark on that though.

I thought the same. I think Csaba wants him but he just wants to take another look before signing him.

Ryan Gosling

AH but sometimes people hear what they want to.

Ryan Gosling
I thought the same. I think Csaba wants him but he just wants to take another look before signing him.

No harm in that. Long time since we signed a player without looking at him first.

Think that was Goncalves, Beslija and Makela.

:eek:

Gigolo-Aunt

Cheers dude.

Did have a couple of refreshments when I heard it. Glad someone else was thinking the same.

Ryan Gosling
Cheers dude.

Did have a couple of refreshments when I heard it. Glad someone else was thinking the same.

'Ok the Mike is a player who didn't play so many games last year, but he's a positive guy and one who can play in the Scot League, which one can definitely help maybe the club, we must talk about this at the moment he doesn't have a contract, he's on trial and the training but he's a positive guy.'

Exact words.

siegementality
How droll.

Mental state should be pretty high up Hearts agenda after the money and time spent on Pinnila.

Not think so?

Should we have just signed the chap?

Sounds good to me checking the guy out over a period of time.

Romanknob had his fingers burned with Pinilla. How a mental case like Romaknob is meant to judge the "mental state" of someone else is beyond me.

My point, if you had cared to listen, wasn't that we took players on trail, rather that we took players on trial who are fit and free from injury, thereby assessing them fully.

What is "checking the guy out over a period of time"?, At the moment, in your opinion, it looks like we will be signing this guy, does a few days therefore constitute a decent "period of time" to assess this player?

Ryan Gosling
Romanknob had his fingers burned with Pinilla. How a mental case like Romaknob is meant to judge the "mental state" of someone else is beyond me.

My point, if you had cared to listen, wasn't that we took players on trail, rather that we took players on trial who are fit and free from injury, thereby assessing them fully.

What is "checking the guy out over a period of time"?, At the moment, in your opinion, it looks like we will be signing this guy, does a few days therefore constitute a decent "period of time" to assess this player?

He doesn't. The manager does.

Gigolo-Aunt

Yes, I think that a great thing to do.

Hearts seem to want the player.

What wrong with the player coming over to look at the club and see if he would like to work with Csaba?

Players abilities are one thing, but players attitude are a huge part also.

I can recall listening to an interview with Csaba where he stated that he wants to know everything about a player when bringing him in. Is this not a good thing?

Is this not good that we are getting to know a player before making a complete judgement on signing him?

Tell you what, wish that had happened with some of the players who are currently in the squad.

Gigolo-Aunt
'Ok the Mike is a player who didn't play so many games last year, but he's a positive guy and one who can play in the Scot League, which one can definitely help maybe the club, we must talk about this at the moment he doesn't have a contract, he's on trial and the training but he's a positive guy.'

Exact words.

Sounds good to me.

Postive stuff from Hearts in the way they are now going about businnes.

siegementality
He doesn't. The manager does.

Aye, cause it was the "manager" who assessed Pinilla eh?

siegementality
Yes, I think that a great thing to do.

Hearts seem to want the player.

What wrong with the player coming over to look at the club and see if he would like to work with Csaba?

Players abilities are one thing, but players attitude are a huge part also.

I can recall listening to an interview with Csaba where he stated that he wants to know everything about a player when bringing him in. Is this not a good thing?

Is this not good that we are getting to know a player before making a complete judgement on signing him?

Tell you what, wish that had happened with some of the players who are currently in the squad.

Csaba also says he wants to sign players who smile.

Gigolo-Aunt

That was in the past. Are we not prepared to give Csaba a chance? is he to take flack from previous mistakes?

Does this not strengthen the "taking a player on trial to look at him" point of view?

Ryan Gosling

There wasn't a manager when Pinilla was here.

Charlie-Brown

The Danish guy is a trialist - we might sign him or we might not - that's what a trial is for - what's the big problem?

This thread is unreal.

siegementality
That was in the past. Are we not prepared to give Csaba a chance? is he to take flack from previous mistakes?

Does this not strengthen the "taking a player on trial to look at him" point of view?

Yes, no.

Right listen carefully, show me anywhere where I have said we shouldn't take a player on trial.

I think when Gig refers to mental state he`s refering to the positivity or negativity for that matter , that the player expresses.

Mentality is a huge thing for me. Playercan have the ability but do they have right mentality to bring success.

At the moment we have too many inconsistent players who don`t perform for 90 minutes or can`t put two good performances together. That`s more mental than physical.

siegementality
There wasn't a manager when Pinilla was here.

hence the inverted commas.

Gigolo-Aunt
Yes, no.

Right listen carefully, show me anywhere where I have said we shouldn't take a player on trial.

You seem to be pretty upset by it.

Forgive me if im wrong...

You asked what was the point if he was injured. I explained injuries are a funny old thing - its also good for a player to look at the club as well as Csaba assess his attiitude and mental state.

You went on to say a lot of good that done with Pinilla. At this point I asked if this does not highlight why its good then to look at players when its possible.

And here we are.

Gigolo-Aunt
I think when Gig refers to mental state he`s refering to the positivity or negativity for that matter , that the player expresses.

Mentality is a huge thing for me. Playercan have the ability but do they have right mentality to bring success.

At the moment we have too many inconsistent players who don`t perform for 90 minutes or can`t put two good performances together. That`s more mental than physical.

Thank you.

siegementality

Do some clubs sign players who have ability but have a losing/negative attitude?

What clubs are those? and what player did they sign?

Gigolo-Aunt

Hearts.

List as long as your arm.

We seem to be trying to stop that now though.

Ryan Gosling

Csaba made a point of saying he was a 'positive guy' - this would go a long way for him. If he's keen to come here to reboot his career, and is determined then that's half the job done already.

Do some clubs sign players who have ability but have a losing/negative attitude?

Hibs.

siegementality
You seem to be pretty upset by it.

Forgive me if im wrong...

You asked what was the point if he was injured. I explained injuries are a funny old thing - its also good for a player to look at the club as well as Csaba assess his attiitude and mental state.

You went on to say a lot of good that done with Pinilla. At this point I asked if this does not highlight why its good then to look at players when its possible.

And here we are.

Upset? eh, no, unless you think having an opinion is "upset".

As for the rest of your post I suggest you read the thread again.

I did indeed question why we had someone on trial who Csaba said "had not trained and was carrying a small injury".

You then started raving about checking on players "mental state".

Who mentioned Pinilla first as it certainly wasn't me?

I've tried to re-iterate that I don't have a problem with taking players on trial, I do question taking a player on trial who hasn't trained, has an injury and could only play for 20 minutes in a friendly. you wouldn't listen.

So we are here.

Now for the last time, show me where I have said we shouldn't take players on trial.

I know Gig, it`s becoming tiresome.

You can sign a player straight away and he can get 3 or 4 games to settle in and show what he can do, but if you are a player trying to win a deal 20 minutes is hardly fair and sufficient time to show your attributes. I don`t think Csaba said or really meant he can tell a good player after 10 minutes, i think he was talking more in tune with the confidence factor of a player as opposed to how good he is.

Let`s trust Csaba and give him a chance to shape his team.

I agree entirely and, as a previous poster said, they want to be the first to say "I told you so" when things go t*ts up so they could show how bloody smart they are.

Re your second paragraph this guy is contracted to Reggina so there is little chance of anyone snapping him up from under our noses. That being so, Csaba should take as much time as he needs to firstly assess the player's ability and then to judge if he is the type of player he wants to fit into his plan. I remember Craig Gordon in the Scottish tie shipping 4 goals and based on those 90 mins (not 20 odd) most reasonable judges would have got rid of him. They would have been wrong 9 million times.

So I suggest to those who call themselves realistic (suggesting everyone else is not), to get fully behind Csaba (AND THE TEAM)and give him time.

He has said he was looking for an assistant and now does not seem to be. Could that be because he is waiting for that person to join him or that the assistant is already here? I'm thing of Steve Banks becoming asst manager/keeper coach but nothing being done until we sign another keeper.

People fighting over a TRIALIST. A manager wants to have a look at a player either sourced by him or Vlad's amorphous network of scouts/agents/etc, allowing the player to have a look at the club. Oh noes!!! How very ****ing shocking.

This thread is surreal, even by lowly kickback standards.

Gigolo-Aunt
Upset? eh, no, unless you think having an opinion is "upset".

As for the rest of your post I suggest you read the thread again.

I did indeed question why we had someone on trial who Csaba said "had not trained and was carrying a small injury".

You then started raving about checking on players "mental state".

Who mentioned Pinilla first as it certainly wasn't me?

I've tried to re-iterate that I don't have a problem with taking players on trial, I do question taking a player on trial who hasn't trained, has an injury and could only play for 20 minutes in a friendly. you wouldn't listen.

So we are here.

Now for the last time, show me where I have said we shouldn't take players on trial.

"Aye, cause it was the "manager" who assessed Pinilla eh?"

Apoligies if I brought him up first before this, it was all I could find though.

Why are you being a helmet Siege?

Can`t you ever hold your hands up and say "ok, fair enough i take your point"?

Of course players need to have ability but it`s finding players with both ability and positive mentality that are the key. Players need games to show this as well as showing their general manner day to day at training.

Does it matter who sourced the guy?

Csaba is looking at him and if he thinks he's good enough, we'll sign him. If he sucks, we'll send him back.

What's the problem?

Could not agree more.

The guy was bought by Reggina for ?850,000 and they would like some of that back. Take the guy on loan with an agreed fee a la Skacel and see what he can do.

Ryan Gosling
Could not agree more.

The guy was bought by Reggina for ?850,000 and they would like some of that back. Take the guy on loan with an agreed fee a la Skacel and see what he can do.

Exactly. A year from now we could be ripping Romanov to shreds for not having the ambition to pay the ?1m Reggina want.

Exactly. A year from now we could be ripping Romanov to shreds for not having the ambition to pay the ?1m Reggina want.

... and it is largely a win win situation. If he doesn't make the grade then we don't buy him. Seems simple to me.

Obviously that is based on Laszlo rating the player.

siegementality
Why are you being a helmet Siege?

Can`t you ever hold your hands up and say "ok, fair enough i take your point"?

Of course players need to have ability but it`s finding players with both ability and positive mentality that are the key. Players need games to show this as well as showing their general manner day to day at training.

Debut, before you start with the personal insults (and by they way I'm good at those too!) read this thread again. I questioned, given Hearts previous history of signing dodgy players, what the point was in giving a trial to a player who I understood to be unfit and carrying an injury (based on Csaba saying hasn't trained and carrying a small injury). Thereafter other posters attempted to get into my mince with piish like, "so we shouldn't take players on trial, assess their mental state, etc, etc.

The question I have asked repeatedly of one particular poster is, "show me where I said that", I referred to one player, Mike Tullberg, and questioned the wisdom of looking at this guy at the moment when he's unfit, injuried which meant he could only play 20 mins in a friendly. Now there may be those who say "what harm does it do to take a look at him", no harm whatsoever I agree, but given the start of the season is fast approaching I'd like to see us concentrating our efforts on looking at players who are fit and ready to go.

Now, does getting behind Csaba mean no-one is allowed to pass comment anymore? No-one is allowed to express an opinion or will be seen as "not giving the guy a chance"?

For those who are heard of hearing I'll say it again, taking players on trial is a fecking marvellous idea as long as they are in a position to be fully assessed i.e. fully fit and free from injury. Clear?

Siege , that was a lighthearted insult, i largely enjoy your debates but i just feel you wouldn`t acknowledge the point in particular others where making.

Maybe you feel they aren`t acknowledging yours but it`s not tit for tat.;)

siegementality
"Aye, cause it was the "manager" who assessed Pinilla eh?"

Apoligies if I brought him up first before this, it was all I could find though.

You did bring him up first and that quote was in reply to a comment made by Peanut after you brought Pinilla into the debate. As Debut, said and you later acknowledged, for "mental state" you probably meant mental attitude, Pinilla wasn't the best person you could have choosen to back up your agruement given that his problem were more with the "mental state".

Gigolo-Aunt
You did bring him up first and that quote was in reply to a comment made by Peanut after you brought Pinilla into the debate. As Debut, said and you later acknowledged, for "mental state" you probably meant mental attitude, Pinilla wasn't the best person you could have choosen to back up your agruement given that his problem were more with the "mental state".

Like I said, if I brought this up first I apoligies. Still cant see the bit where I did though.

You do agree that the player being injured aside, its a good thing for the player and Hearts to feeleach other out?

Do you think Hearts should sign players on ability or ability and correct attitude?

siegementality
Siege , that was a lighthearted insult, i largely enjoy your debates but i just feel you wouldn`t acknowledge the point in particular others where making.

Maybe you feel they aren`t acknowledging yours but it`s not tit for tat.;)

Debut, fair enough, it's maybe the boy who cried wolf syndrome. I have been so fearsome in my criticism of this regime that now when I make a point people jump all over it as being "negative" and "moaning". Suffice to say, regardless of my concerns re Roamknob, and I have voiced many, and voiced them long and hard, you will not find a post from me where I said "told you so". That is not my style. I have been very vocal re Romaknob for one reason and one reason alone, in the hope that in some small way it might bring about change and certainly not so I could say "told you".

Regardless of all that it's strange that I should feel the need to conceed a point that I was never against!, only on JKB could that happen. Absolutely nowhere have I said I don't want to take players on trial, I haven't said he's a Romanknob pick, Csaba can't bring in his own management team. I attempted to debate the merits of a player coming on trial who it appeared was not in a position to do himself justice, or allow the management team to fully assess him, my bad!

Chad Sexington

Are you still angry because you didn't get invited to that big meeting? :sad:

Archived