Mike Tullberg

Hagar the Horrible

Debut, fair enough, it's maybe the boy who cried wolf syndrome. I have been so fearsome in my criticism of this regime that now when I make a point people jump all over it as being "negative" and "moaning". Suffice to say, regardless of my concerns re Roamknob, and I have voiced many, and voiced them long and hard, you will not find a post from me where I said "told you so". That is not my style. I have been very vocal re Romaknob for one reason and one reason alone, in the hope that in some small way it might bring about change and certainly not so I could say "told you".

Regardless of all that it's strange that I should feel the need to conceed a point that I was never against!, only on JKB could that happen. Absolutely nowhere have I said I don't want to take players on trial, I haven't said he's a Romanknob pick, Csaba can't bring in his own management team. I attempted to debate the merits of a player coming on trial who it appeared was not in a position to do himself justice, or allow the management team to fully assess him, my bad!

Fair do`s, maybe we`re all suffering from a heavy Friday night and picked this thread to be argumentative? :crash2::mj_zivili: Anyway, shouldn`t we be in the pub at this time on a Saturday!!:)

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
siegementality
Like I said, if I brought this up first I apoligies. Still cant see the bit where I did though.

You do agree that the player being injured aside, its a good thing for the player and Hearts to feeleach other out?

Do you think Hearts should sign players on ability or ability and correct attitude?

POST 209

How droll.

Mental state should be pretty high up Hearts agenda after the money and time spent on Pinnila.

Not think so?

Should we have just signed the chap?

Sounds good to me checking the guy out over a period of time.

Given that my original post on this thread was

So why even bother? When will he know if he's good enough? When he's trained for 6 weeks and is injury free? There are strikers available who HAVE trained and are NOT carrying a small injury, I would suggest at this stage of the game we should be looking at one of those.

Nade should be the proof that signing an unfit forward in the hope of getting him fitter is a gamble.

What do you think? of course they should, just fit and healthy ones. The last thing we need going into the new season is signing players who are injured. Both the ones we appear to be signing are, far from ideal.

siegementality
Are you still angry because you didn't get invited to that big meeting? :sad:

Another big meeting I wasn't invited to, barstewards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gigolo-Aunt
POST 209

Given that my original post on this thread was

What do you think? of course they should, just fit and healthy ones. The last thing we need going into the new season is signing players who are injured. Both the ones we appear to be signing are, far from ideal.

Thanks, like I said apoligies.

Now, you say injured- there is injured which you are out for a year with and injured where you have a knock and will be okay in a few days.

The player playing 20mins said to me that they were seeing how the injury holds up, its obviously not a great concern if he is given playing time. Pretty sure Regianna would be rather upset if Hearts were playing a player who should not be playing. There is every chance he will go back to Regianna, so Hearts have to watch what they are doing.

Like I have said a million times on this thread (and Im not sure you have grasped this), Hearts and the player are having a look at each other - Csaba may think he is a good positive player with the right pedigree, but from the interviews I have heard/read on him - he only wants players with the right attitude.

Attitude is the key word for me these days at Hearts. For far too long we have brought in players who have ability, but not the right attitude up top.

Seems good to me.

siegementality
Attitude is the key word for me these days at Hearts. For far too long we have brought in players who have ability, but not the right attitude up top.

Seems good to me.

We still have lots of them at the club, the work isn't finished in that respect, there are still half a dozen that can be emptied sharpish.

Gigolo-Aunt
We still have lots of them at the club, the work isn't finished in that respect, there are still half a dozen that can be emptied sharpish.

I agree 100%.

Thats why if we have the chance to bring in a player to look at his attitude and personality, we should do so.

Of course we will not always be able to do that, but there you go.

:)

Whoever thought of the idea of having players on trial so they can decide whether or not to sign them should be hung, drawen and quartered. It's madness I tell you. MADNESS!!!

Who cares if he was recommened by Vlad, Csaba, a scout or even Robert Mugabe. If he impresses he will sign. If he doesn't he doesn't.

paranoia-1.gif

Greedy_Jambo

We'l have to. Theres no many other trialists at hearts is there and i'd put money on him being better than clum.

siegementality
So, any way, Tullberg, who thinks we'll sign him?

I think we will.

Given that I received a telephone call from the TO yesterday asking me to re-consider re-newing my season ticket "based on the appointment of the new manager and the potential new signing being looked at in Germany" I'd say there was a better than even chance.

siegementality
Whoever thought of the idea of having players on trial so they can decide whether or not to sign them should be hung, drawen and quartered. It's madness I tell you. MADNESS!!!

Who cares if he was recommened by Vlad, Csaba, a scout or even Robert Mugabe. If he impresses he will sign. If he doesn't he doesn't.

paranoia-1.gif

I think those points have been exhausted.

siegementality
I agree 100%.

Thats why if we have the chance to bring in a player to look at his attitude and personality, we should do so.

Of course we will not always be able to do that, but there you go.

Why?

Given that I received a telephone call from the TO yesterday asking me to re-consider re-newing my season ticket "based on the appointment of the new manager and the potential new signing being looked at in Germany" I'd say there was a better than even chance.

Are you going to nenew Siege?

You may as well, what else will you do on Saturdays? Watch sky sports football news? You'll miss it if you don't.

I think those points have been exhausted.

Exactly.I think these points are as far as it should go. It is a trailist for pete's sake.

siegementality
Are you going to nenew Siege?

You may as well, what else will you do on Saturdays? Watch sky sports football news? You'll miss it if you don't.

No, not going to, but that's an entirely different debate. I'll be a "walk up fan" this year and choose my games. While there's the promise that things have changed I think, given how outspoken I've been, that I'll wait until "normality" becomes a way of life at Hearts before re-newing again. I still have little trust in the Romankob regime.

Queue the "you're not a real fan" abuse.

No, not going to, but that's an entirely different debate. I'll be a "walk up fan" this year and choose my games. While there's the promise that things have changed I think, given how outspoken I've been, that I'll wait until "normality" becomes a way of life at Hearts before re-newing again. I still have little trust in the Romankob regime.

You will not get the "real fan" pish from me mate, it's horrendously bad chat.

Only a complete stroker would lable themself a better fan than someone else.

I think this probably the same position as myself. I've been trying to convince myself since the appointment of Csaba to renew my season ticket (for the 12th season on the trot), he is after all a manager and a manager is what this football club has been desperately short of for some time. However I just don't trust the club at the present time, last season it felt like I was mugged of ?350 season ticket money, I really don't want to make the same mistake again.

Ultimately I think I will also be picking and chosing my games this year, but if there is signs of genuine on pitch progress and a return to normality, a half season ticket is not out of the question. I still fear another ridiculous repeat of the Burley situation whereby the manager gets off to a flying start but is sacked because of Romanov's bruised ego.

davemclaren
I think this probably the same position as myself. I've been trying to convince myself since the appointment of Csaba to renew my season ticket (for the 12th season on the trot), he is after all a manager and a manager is what this football club has been desperately short of for some time. However I just don't trust the club at the present time, last season it felt like I was mugged of ?350 season ticket money, I really don't want to make the same mistake again.

Ultimately I think I will also be picking and chosing my games this year, but if there is signs of genuine on pitch progress and a return to normality, a half season ticket is not out of the question. I still fear another ridiculous repeat of the Burley situation whereby the manager gets off to a flying start but is sacked because of Romanov's bruised ego.

It's your choice mate. I agree that there is certainly a risk that nothing has really changed but I'm looking forward to the new season, at the moment. :cool:

Only a Game

You guys should ask yourself these questions honestly.

1. Will you be going to the Motherwell game

2. If we lose are you likely to go to the next home game (St Mirren) even if we've also lost at Ibrox.

If the answer to both those questions is yes, or even probably yes, you should get yourselves down there and get an ST.

Not a criticism by the way. I myself thought I wasnt going to renew but I asked my self those questions a couple of months ago and the answers were "yes" to both so I renewed as paying the walk up prices didnt make any sense from then on.

Yeah John Murray did a great job identifying Makela.

True ... but you have to be and feel part of the team to do your job. Basle also must see something in him as the guy surprisingly seems to score regularly wherever he goes when he is a regular part of the team.

Remember Hartley's first few games for us ... nightmare!

You guys should ask yourself these questions honestly.

1. Will you be going to the Motherwell game

2. If we lose are you likely to go to the next home game (St Mirren) even if we've also lost at Ibrox.

If the answer to both those questions is yes, or even probably yes, you should get yourselves down there and get an ST.

Not a criticism by the way. I myself thought I wasnt going to renew but I asked my self those questions a couple of months ago and the answers were "yes" to both so I renewed as paying the walk up prices didnt make any sense from then on.

To be honest everything is still up in the air. If Hearts sign a couple of good quality playewrs in the next week, I think there is every chance that my Dad and I may re-new our season tickets.

We probably will go to the Motherwell game regardless, however I would say that it's highly doubtful that we'd attend the St Mirren game if the result and performance are poor. Walk up prices simply don't represent value for money.

No doubt the usual suspects will accuse us of being fickle, but the fact that we've barely missed a game in the past 13 years suggests that it's taken quite a lot to push us to this stage.

Ryan Gosling

Before everyone tops themselves at his (possible) signing, his record is not too dissimilar to Bednar's when he joined.

And Bednar wasn't in Serie A.

Drylaw Hearts
Before everyone tops themselves at his (possible) signing, his record is not too dissimilar to Bednar's when he joined.

And Bednar wasn't in Serie A.

IIRC Bednar had a fairly decent record at his Club prior to Hearts.

Tullberg doesn't seem to have scored many career goals at all.

Ryan Gosling
IIRC Bednar had a fairly decent record at his Club prior to Hearts.

Tullberg doesn't seem to have scored many career goals at all.

In 2002, after failing to break into the first team at Bohemians Bedn?ř, he moved on to Czech Second Division side ** Mlad? Boleslav. The 2003?04 season couldn't have gone any better for Bedn?ř as he finished top scorer with 10 goals as Mlada won the Second Division title. In the 2004?05 season Bedn?ř started to come to the attention of British scouts as his six goals helped Mlada consolidate in the Gambrinus Liga.

Not exactly prolific though.

Drylaw Hearts
Not exactly prolific though.

According to the source from which you took that quote Bednar scored 23 goals in 70 matches at Mlad? Boleslav.

Tullberg only appears to have scored 12 goals in 71 matches.

Ryan Gosling
According to the source from which you took that quote Bednar scored 23 goals in 70 matches at Mlad? Boleslav.

Tullberg only appears to have scored 12 goals in 71 matches.

All I'm saying is that he shouldn't be written off already based on his form in other leagues.

The SPL is ****E and he would get chances to score.

Drylaw Hearts
All I'm saying is that he shouldn't be written off already based on his form in other leagues.

The SPL is ****E and he would get chances to score.

What you said was that Tullbergs record is not too disimilar to Bednars.

It appears he has scored 1/2 the goals Bednar had in the same number of games.

I wouldn't right him off either and if we can get him on loan then what harm will it do ?

His strengths may not be in goalscoring but he may contribute in other ways.

He surely cannot be any worse than Colin Nish !!

Csaba does need to find a prolific goalscorer though.

And fast.

I might be wrong but I don't think Csaba is looking at him as a goal scorer but more of a creator. Pretty obvious from his record that he is not prolific but big strong players with a decent ability generally do well up here.

Ryan Gosling
What you said was that Tullbergs record is not too disimilar to Bednars.

It appears he has scored 1/2 the goals Bednar had in the same number of games.

I wouldn't right him off either and if we can get him on loan then what harm will it do ?

His strengths may not be in goalscoring but he may contribute in other ways.

He surely cannot be any worse than Colin Nish !!

Csaba does need to find a prolific goalscorer though.

And fast.

It appears that way. However, I could easily make Tullberg have double the goals Bednar has. ;)

Anyway we don't know how many goals Tullberg got at his first club either. And he's young.

And you're right, a loan deal gives us a good chance.

Besides I think we might see another striker turn up in Germany.

Drylaw Hearts
It appears that way. However, I could easily make Tullberg have double the goals Bednar has. ;)

Anyway we don't know how many goals Tullberg got at his first club either. And he's young.

I tend not to read Wiki for that reason but there seems to be very little info on the guy elsewhere.

I would hope so but as there is only a couple of days left of the trip - time is running out.

Only a Game

And you're right, a loan deal gives us a good chance.

2003-2006

Grenaa IF 28 (8)

2006-2007

AGF Aarhus 28 (4)

2007-

Reggina Calcio 05 (0)

That would appear to be his record for the last 4 seasons

Ryan Gosling
I tend not to read Wiki for that reason but there seems to be very little info on the guy elsewhere.

I would hope so but as there is only a couple of days left of the trip - time is running out.

Could turn up tomorrow and play on Tuesday.

Drylaw Hearts
Could turn up tomorrow and play on Tuesday.

I hope so.

I think there will be a few hastily aranged closed door matches over the next couple of weeks to enable Csaba to check out more players though.

Cig - GIRUY

:P

:laugh:

Was a legit question.

I've been driving south all day so heard nothing.

Who?

And if it's not Eto'o I WILL be calling for Laszlo's head.

Surely no-one has turned up, if they had it would've been on our super duper official website that lets us know as soon as anything happens :)

BTW Keep up the good communication Hearts-Sterling job lately.

Archived