Mike Tullberg

Hagar the Horrible

Trying to think what other Danes have played over here.

Marc Rieper

Ulrich Larsen

Peter Lovenkrands

Tommy Lovenkrands

Morten Wieghorst

Can't think of many more.

Brian Laudrop

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts
Not so sure about that, I think he'll do well in the SPL reserves. He is a tad expensive for that level though.

I read a report earlier in the week that Celtic's reserve/youth team played Livi and Graveson was soooooo bad he was subbed at HT.

Celtic will struggle to ofload that one.

He has got to be worth a look at, the standards are about the same SPL v Lower serie A.

What was de Vries and Fullers scoring rate before we took them?

Are you joking how on earth is the standard of football in the spl to the same standard as serie a so by your reckoning were as good as parma, empoli lazio etc hmmmm:eek:

scott herbertson

You guys are obviously young (or getting senile)

Rene Moller (Heart) - once the 'great white hopeshark' of Hearts

there were also quite a few Danes in the 60's - think Erik Sorenson (keeper) of Rangers and several Dundee United players - including this guy who was the most famous

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finn_D%C3%B8ssing

Drylaw Hearts
Erik Bo Andersen!

IIRC there was a story about Gazza pee'ing on him whilst he was doing press-ups at training.

:)

Erik Bo scored quite a lot of goals but that was back in the time when the Huns used to win 4 or 5 nil every week and bought about 5 different ?5m+ players every close season. Says on wiki that he cored 15 goals in 23 games for the Huns.

I agree.

But....

I'm getting more cautious with this set-up by the day.

Firstly Screpis is told he is no longer required after only 40 minutes of football, yet far poorer players have been kept on.

There is still no sign of an Assistant for Csaba even though he spoke of one on his first day here.

No.28 plays 1/2 a match at CH when in all honesty you have to wonder what Csaba will have gained from that 45 minutes.

Why would you play a supposedly 'attack minded' player at CH ?

It's just bizarre.

Then we have the latest chat about possibly signing FBK Kaunas players.

And now a trialist from an area where it was already known before the Manager arrived we were scouting for players.

Now I realise that we've almost signed Obua, who is undoubtably a Csaba pick, but I'm worried that the 'interference' has not gone away.

I'm worried that Csaba does not have as much of a say as he thinks.

It is very unusual that a manager will outline 100% of his signings all of the time. The facts of the matter is this. Csaba was brought in at a fairly late stage of the season and has already outlined that he is not an arrogant man and will use every means of help and sources of information available to him, including Vlad's vast scouting network.

How many of the 05/06 signings do you genuinely think were outlined by Burley himself? Rudi, Bednar, Janny, Takis, Pospisil etc were all sounded out and lined up before Burley took the job and when the manager came in it was simply the case of yay or nae.

Why does the fact that we are trialling a player that MIGHT have been lined up before Csaba came in concern you. If it was as simple as the dictatorship you are hinting at why would he even be on trial? Surely the higher ranks of the Romanov Army would have just signed him. This trial lets Csaba look at him and decide if HE wants him.

I know that as Jambos we have had to endure a rediculous amount of sh*te in the last few seasons but come on guys. For once can we stop making mountains out of molehills and all just pull together behind Csaba and the players. At the end of the day the guy seems to have had a positive effect on everything that the club is about. Give the guy a chance at least.

MY thought entirely we need a big lad to can hold the ball up well, like Janny when he first came and be able to bring others into the game? he might work well with Makela?

Exactly my thought.

IMO one of the most successful striking partnerships in Scottish football in recent years was the Hately/McCoist partnership.

Constantly, Hately would hold the ball up or knock it down for "wee Ally" to fire home...

Drylaw Hearts
Exactly my thought.

IMO one of the most successful striking partnerships in Scottish football in recent years was the Hately/McCoist partnership.

Constantly, Hately would hold the ball up or knock it down for "wee Ally" to fire home...

Are you comparing Makela to McCoist ?

:P

Hagar the Horrible

McCoist was not that good, he had a poor goals to chances ratio in what was probably the best rangers team ever?

Can you imagine what Hateley/ Robbo partnership would have brought with cooper pinging in inch perfect balls all day

Heres Rixxy
And now a trialist from an area where it was already known before the Manager arrived we were scouting for players.

We were scouting Scandinavian countries, not Scandinavian players. ;)

I'm always the realist.

I feel this outlook has served me well over the last couple of years.

Pesonally I can see why folk on the board think that you are Eeyore in human form. I am neither here nor there with regards to your posting. You see the realist (as you call it)/negative view and others see the positives. Each to their own.

Im in the middle, I like Csaba so far but there does seem to be a wee bit of interference with regards to signings.

Perhaps vlad has suggested a middle ground of "you watch Kaunas THEN if theres noone thats any good you can suggest players" no? Either way we'll never know.

Drylaw Hearts
McCoist was not that good, he had a poor goals to chances ratio in what was probably the best rangers team ever?

Can you imagine what Hateley/ Robbo partnership would have brought with cooper pinging in inch perfect balls all day

Hateley and Cooper never played together at Rangers.

Personal opinion here but I don't think it's dawned on a lot of you we no longer operate in the old fashioned 'manager buys players' world.

The fact that Ogilvie said we'd be looking to Scandanavia before Csaba arrived is perfectly plausible. He's identified he needs a big striker who holds the ball up and brings others into the game. The board/scouting network/sporting department whoever then go and identify the player.

Just so happens this fits in with Ogilvies previous statement. Our managers/coaches will identify attributes required not actual players.

Exactly my thought.

Would suggest that its fact! Unfortunately. IF anyone disagreed id be interested in their arguements. They scored a ridiculous amount of goals between them.

Drylaw Hearts
Pesonally I can see why folk on the board think that you are Eeyore in human form. I am neither here nor there with regards to your posting. You see the realist (as you call it)/negative view and others see the positives. Each to their own.

Im in the middle, I like Csaba so far but there does seem to be a wee bit of interference with regards to signings.

Perhaps vlad has suggested a middle ground of "you watch Kaunas THEN if theres noone thats any good you can suggest players" no? Either way we'll never know.

People who only ever post positive things are kidding themselves.

I say it how I see it.

Hagar the Horrible
Hateley and Cooper never played together at Rangers.

Didnt say that, Cooper went to Murderwell in 89 Hately joined 90 but can you imagine how good that partnership would have been?;)

Drylaw Hearts
Didnt say that, Cooper went to Murderwell in 89 Hately joined 90 but can you imagine how good that partnership would have been?;)

I think you got me there.

People who only ever post positive things are kidding themselves.

I say it how I see it.

150px-Walker_roy.jpg

mattyw_1874
I agree.

But....

I'm getting more cautious with this set-up by the day.

Firstly Screpis is told he is no longer required after only 40 minutes of football, yet far poorer players have been kept on.

There is still no sign of an Assistant for Csaba even though he spoke of one on his first day here.

No.28 plays 1/2 a match at CH when in all honesty you have to wonder what Csaba will have gained from that 45 minutes.

Why would you play a supposedly 'attack minded' player at CH ?

It's just bizarre.

Then we have the latest chat about possibly signing FBK Kaunas players.

Now I realise that we've almost signed Obua, who is undoubtably a Csaba pick, but I'm worried that the 'interference' has not gone away.

I'm worried that Csaba does not have as much of a say as he thinks.

Now although this post dose make some sense the one major difference is... he is coming in on a trial so if he impresses then he will (hopefully) be signed in the past Vlad never let anyone look players like Goncalves Zalilukas etc just appeared out of nowhere

Drylaw Hearts
Now although this post dose make some sense the one major difference is... he is coming in on a trial so if he impresses then he will (hopefully) be signed in the past Vlad never let anyone look players like Goncalves Zalilukas etc just appeared out of nowhere

Zaliukas was on trial.

Guest JamboRobbo
including Vlad's vast scouting network.

Can I just say :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sorry. Had to stop reading at that point as I fell of my chair that there are still Jambos falling for this.

Drylaw Hearts
It is very unusual that a manager will outline 100% of his signings all of the time. The facts of the matter is this. Csaba was brought in at a fairly late stage of the season and has already outlined that he is not an arrogant man and will use every means of help and sources of information available to him, including Vlad's vast scouting network.

How many of the 05/06 signings do you genuinely think were outlined by Burley himself? Rudi, Bednar, Janny, Takis, Pospisil etc were all sounded out and lined up before Burley took the job and when the manager came in it was simply the case of yay or nae.

Why does the fact that we are trialling a player that MIGHT have been lined up before Csaba came in concern you. If it was as simple as the dictatorship you are hinting at why would he even be on trial? Surely the higher ranks of the Romanov Army would have just signed him. This trial lets Csaba look at him and decide if HE wants him.

I know that as Jambos we have had to endure a rediculous amount of sh*te in the last few seasons but come on guys. For once can we stop making mountains out of molehills and all just pull together behind Csaba and the players. At the end of the day the guy seems to have had a positive effect on everything that the club is about. Give the guy a chance at least.

The biggest load of piish I've ever had the misfortune to read on JKB.

Drylaw Hearts
Can I just say :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sorry. Had to stop reading at that point as I fell of my chair that there are still Jambos falling for this.

63140.jpg1576.jpg400x400_VladimirRomanovNew.jpg

Ryan Gosling

Perhaps the reason Ivaskevicius was shoehorned in at centre-half was because Rapnik had to pull out at the last minute, and we were only playing a team of janitors. I'm quite sure he won't be playing there again tonight, or in the future.

Listen I am in no way a "Vlad Sheep" but I refuse to dismiss everything the man has done right for the club. Although undoubtedly the negatives outweigh the positives his contacts has brought us Skacel, Bednar, Janny, Fyssas, Brellier and Kingston. I know we have brought in a few very average players too but who hasn't. Look at the players the old firm have brought in over the years using their scouting networks. For every Larsson you will get a Rafeal Shi*e, a Harald Brattback or a Du Wei. For every Brian Laudrup you will get a Erik Bo Anderson, a Sergio Porini or a Daniel Prodan. Its the nature of the beast.

The whole point of the post is to try and convince posters like your good self to give this guy a chance and not judge him until you see a) what players he brings in and more vital B) what standard the players are.

As a club we have had so much negativity over the last few years so I understand people being concerned but at least give the guy a chance to do what he is paid to do before jumping on his back as a Vlad puppet.

At the end of the day we are all Jambos and we all want the best for the club but I just feel that doubting Csaba so early in his tenure will do nobody any good.

Broxburn Jambo
Are you joking how on earth is the standard of football in the spl to the same standard as serie a so by your reckoning were as good as parma, empoli lazio etc hmmmm:eek:

I did say the lower level serie A

Drylaw Hearts
Perhaps the reason Ivaskevicius was shoehorned in at centre-half was because Rapnik had to pull out at the last minute, and we were only playing a team of janitors. I'm quite sure he won't be playing there again tonight, or in the future.

Why not just play a CH at CH ?

When Obua pulled out Wallace played the full 90 minutes at LB.

Guest JamboRobbo
Listen I am in no way a "Vlad Sheep" but I refuse to dismiss everything the man has done right for the club. Although undoubtedly the negatives outweigh the positives his contacts has brought us Skacel, Bednar, Janny, Fyssas, Brellier and Kingston. I know we have brought in a few very average players too but who hasn't. Look at the players the old firm have brought in over the years using their scouting networks. For every Larsson you will get a Rafeal Shi*e, a Harald Brattback or a Du Wei. For every Brian Laudrup you will get a Erik Bo Anderson, a Sergio Porini or a Daniel Prodan. Its the nature of the beast.

The whole point of the post is to try and convince posters like your good self to give this guy a chance and not judge him until you see a) what players he brings in and more vital B) what standard the players are.

I'm giving Csaba a chance. Feel free to show where I'm not.

But don't try and convince me Vlad has a vast scouting network. He sent Pedro Lopez (a lawyer) to south america on his holidays and he came back with Pinilla and Screpis. He prints out details on players from Yahoo sports and rates them all 1,2 or 3. He speaks to one Russian agency that has decent players. That is Vlads "vast scouting network".

As a club we have had so much negativity over the last few years so I understand people being concerned but at least give the guy a chance to do what he is paid to do before jumping on his back as a Vlad puppet.

At the end of the day we are all Jambos and we all want the best for the club but I just feel that doubting Csaba so early in his tenure will do nobody any good.

I've never called him a puppet.

Ryan Gosling
Why not just play a CH at CH ?

When Obua pulled out Wallace played the full 90 minutes at LW.

Try to give as many players some game time as possible? Anyway I'm not overly concerned - I actually thought it showed how little Csaba thought of him that he just put him in defence.

The biggest load of piish I've ever had the misfortune to read on JKB.

Well how do you seriously explain the fact that we were signing a player a day at some points, sometimes more than that. Either George Burley was the busiest man the world has ever seen or he was assisted by others. There is no way that George Burley outlined all of the mentioned players if any. Its a well doccumented fact that one portugese super agent has been responsible for us signing Janny, Fyssas, Bruno and Goncalves.

The whole point I was trying to make was that in modern football it is no longer the managers who outline players to buy in the majority of cases. They will outline positions and the scouts do there work, with the manages making the final decision.

I'm giving Csaba a chance. Feel free to show where I'm not.

But don't try and convince me Vlad has a vast scouting network. He sent Pedro Lopez (a lawyer) to south america on his holidays and he came back with Pinilla and Screpis. He prints out details on players from Yahoo sports and rates them all 1,2 or 3. He speaks to one Russian agency that has decent players. That is Vlads "vast scouting network".

I've never called him a puppet.

I was referring to your previous post where you said you were concerned with the fact that he was looking at a boy who was scouted before he took the job and it seemed from your post that you were agreeing with the poster who pretty much said that he feels Csaba is another puppet.

I'm not here for an argument, I just find it annoying that people are moaning about us giving a trial to a striker (a position we have needed major reinforcements for a while) just because he may or may not have been outlined by Korobotchka/Lopez or whoever. It is only a trial for god's sake. The lad might be a world beater and then the snipes over who scouted him or whos decision it was to sign him will soon disappear.

Drylaw Hearts
Well how do you seriously explain the fact that we were signing a player a day at some points, sometimes more than that. Either George Burley was the busiest man the world has ever seen or he was assisted by others. There is no way that George Burley outlined all of the mentioned players if any. Its a well doccumented fact that one portugese super agent has been responsible for us signing Janny, Fyssas, Bruno and Goncalves.

The whole point I was trying to make was that in modern football it is no longer the managers who outline players to buy in the majority of cases. They will outline positions and the scouts do there work, with the manages making the final decision.

IIRC Burley was at Hearts for several weeks before he signed anyone.

He had a trusted scouting network and Simon Hunt to call on.

Burley's men were :

Banks

Skacel

Bednar

Brellier

Pospisil

There is a bit of dubiety on who signed Fysass.

VR suggested Jankauskas got a trial and Burley liked what he saw.

Cammazola and Tall were VR signings.

You are the only person in the World who thinks VR had any input, other than financial, with players such as Bednar, Skacel etc.

The People's Chimp

he sounds pretty decent. Young, played in italy.

If he can hold the ball up and bring others into play - i am thinking specifically of kingston and nade here - then he could be exactly what we need. Janny was an integral part of our 05/06 side. we could do with another similar player.

Most impressive.

Not sure but worth a look, remember when Makela arrived? 33 goals in 44 games? Won't get too excited...just yet!

Charlie-Brown

I think this is the market level we are now looking at - basically the level we can afford, both Obua & Trellberg would be free transfers, I don't think we will be shopping at the upwards of ?500K transfer fee level for players in this transfer window.

Drylaw Hearts
I think this is the market level we are now looking at - basically the level we can afford, both Obua & Trellberg would be free transfers, I don't think we will be shopping at the upwards of ?500K transfer fee level for players in this transfer window.

I agree.

Listen I am in no way a "Vlad Sheep" but I refuse to dismiss everything the man has done right for the club. Although undoubtedly the negatives outweigh the positives his contacts has brought us Skacel, Bednar, Janny, Fyssas, Brellier

Since when?

I don't think I've even heard it suggested that Vlad found Skecel, Bednar etc.

Eh, Simon Hunt and Burley had a dossier pre-prepared of players they fancied.

Really, that's one of the madder pro-Vlad claims I've seen on Kickback.

How do we know he'd be a free?

There is extremely limited info on him on the net

Not sure what he cost them "undisclosed fee" mentioned. He's only been there one season - I'd imagine it would be a loan with buy option??

Anyway, do we know if he is any good? Been quoted for the Danish team / squad etc?

Ray Winstone
Try to give as many players some game time as possible? Anyway I'm not overly concerned - I actually thought it showed how little Csaba thought of him that he just put him in defence.

If I thought so little of a player and I was in charge of a team I would have stuck him somewhere other than CB.

Having said that I am not saying I agree with the notion that He was forced into playing him.

i couldnt give a flying fork who recommends our trialists.

but please can we then use the universally standard procedure... keep the good ones and bin the rubbish!

re. an earlier post, it WAS romanov who got us fyssas.

but it was also romanov who sent us klimek, kurskis, and beniuseless.

that is one frightening gulf in class. i mean, how can a fyssas play alongside a klimek ?

STORY: we need new strikers. we are trialling a striker. he isn't from kaunas.

i've looked long and hard, but i cannot find anything negative about that at all. good luck mate, i hope you impress.

:)

Drylaw Hearts

re. an earlier post, it WAS romanov who got us fyssas.

but it was also romanov who sent us klimek, kurskis, and beniuseless.

that is one frightening gulf in class. i mean, how can a fyssas play alongside a klimek ?

IIRC it was Burley who got the tip-off from an Agent about Fysass and he then informed VR of his availability.

Burley left it at that and next he heard on the subject was when Fysass turned up at Tynecastle to sign.

IIRC it was Burley who got the tip-off from an Agent about Fysass and he then informed VR of his availability.

Burley left it at that and next he heard on the subject was when Fysass turned up at Tynecastle to sign.

10th August 2005

Burley revealed that Fyssas came at the recommendation of Romanov's network of scouts rather than his own. However, there can be no doubt about the manager's willingness to have a player of such calibre aboard as he continues his Hearts revolution. And it doesn't end here, with goalkeeper Steve Banks set to sign up today from Gillingham and the search still on for back-up to right-back Robbie Neilson.

"We are keen to keep improving the quality," said Burley. "Nobody is guaranteed an automatic spot in the team."

Toxteth O'Grady
10th August 2005

Burley revealed that Fyssas came at the recommendation of Romanov's network of scouts rather than his own. However, there can be no doubt about the manager's willingness to have a player of such calibre aboard as he continues his Hearts revolution. And it doesn't end here, with goalkeeper Steve Banks set to sign up today from Gillingham and the search still on for back-up to right-back Robbie Neilson.

"We are keen to keep improving the quality," said Burley. "Nobody is guaranteed an automatic spot in the team."

Still looking:sad:

Archived