• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• redjambo

• Bazzas right boot

rmreido

Never beaten newco in a semi or final at Hampden,Screenshot_20230927_222752_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5b3cb9f0d8fbfcbb6d80a8df10d2b510.jpg

has to change sometime..... 1-0 Vargas 

pettigrewsstylist

Bizzare as it sounds Tagawas pace on that size pitch could actually be a key weapon.

Sounds crazy but we need to do something different to beat that lot.

Gordons left glove
36 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Bizzare as it sounds Tagawas pace on that size pitch could actually be a key weapon.

Depends how they play. If the game is open and rangers leave spaces in behind then he could definitely exploit that. He makes runs no one else at the club does and Barrie can spot those runs like no one else.

cosanostra
1 hour ago, Gordons left glove said:

Screenshot_20240413-204519~2.png

Naismith knows what he's doing.

davemclaren
14 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If the rebels beat the sheep we can all relax and go and enjoy Sunday knowing we have at least conference league football next season.

I'll drink to that. 🍻

pettigrewsstylist
22 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

Depends how they play. If the game is open and rangers leave spaces in behind then he could definitely exploit that. He makes runs no one else at the club does and Barrie can spot those runs like no one else.

We must carry real threat, at pace, on the counter, IMO.

SMJ_1874

It depends what Hearts team turns up. Never laid a glove on them at our last 3 Hampden encounters. Pace, press and defend for  our lives and we’ll win. Anything other then will be gift wrapped to the tribute act. Also no stupid tackles in our box as Silva and the rest of the Olympic diving team will be just waiting for an opportunity to go down. 

I sincerely hope we smash these cants! 

4 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

We got beat by county, drew with killie, beat st midden and beat a brutal livvi team who magaed to score 2 against us. Sevco when they want to hit that 2nd gear are on a different level from us and we dont have that. Can only see us losing by 2 goals. Going in hope more than expectation. Were best of the rest so anything else is a bonus for me. Mon the jts.

I always go into OF games more in hope than expectation. We don't beat them often but we do every so often so Sunday just may be the one. We have to sit through an awful lot of crap if we want to be there when our all goes our way. It's just the way it is!

This Rangers team is there to be got at if you have a go. 
We have to get midfield right next week, we only need 1 defensive minded midfielder.

Give ourselves a fighting chance for once v the at Hampden.

neilnunb

Both County and Celtic have shown this Rangers defence can be shaky as ****.

Next week is more about our attitude than anything else. We need to believe we can end this Hampden curse against them.

1971fozzy
14 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The sheep losing next week is the biggest result we can hope for, it shapes our whole next season! 

this. Worth a guaranteed £6m as well as some lovely euro trips. Sets our budget properly.

and will make the trip and game on Sunday all the more enjoyable.

If we sort out the defending then we have a chance. Hope the rangers game on Wednesday does go ahead obviously and we will of had a week to prepare.

im not making any predictions only that we will need to be at our best, and hope that we get a decent refereeing performance.

Victor Meldrew

They're conceding goals, so we've really got to get into them. I fear they'll score against us, so we can't sit in and hope to keep a clean sheet and sneak a goal.

mellors1874

If we turn up next Sunday and play 5 at the back against Rangers we will get hammered.

Teams who press their back 4 are scoring goals against them as they panic.

4-3-3 next week and beat them with pace in the wide areas.

Cmon Hearts you can do this.

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Some won't like that. 😄

I know, I just don't personally agree with the below on this topic. I don't think it's a necessary distraction. Just decide on your best 'keeper and play them imo.

Now if he plays Gordon and he makes another mistake it's inviting criticism as he ignored this game. If he plays Clark it invites questions as to why etc. 

Old skool on the goalkeeper position for me.

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Naismith knows what he's doing.

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, rmreido said:

Never beaten newco in a semi or final at Hampden,Screenshot_20230927_222752_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5b3cb9f0d8fbfcbb6d80a8df10d2b510.jpg

Ross County had never beaten sevco before today. 

Sevco have conceded six goals in two games. 

let’s make it 9 goals in 3 games. 

I am confident on this one which is an odd feeling.

Main concern is ourselves we need to be at 110% and also RB position will be targeted. 

naeclue

The only team that Rangers have beaten since the beginning of March is Hibs.  

Debut 4
1 hour ago, mellors1874 said:

If we turn up next Sunday and play 5 at the back against Rangers we will get hammered.

I/we say the same old things in the run up to these games.  You have to have a gameplan but don’t get besotted with it. We need character, bottle and a willingness to work hard.  

The semi in November was a performance laced with lethargy and uncertainty and sometimes that comes from being too focused on keeping a shape.  We need to start and play for most part how we did from 20 minutes onwards yesterday.  

1 hour ago, mellors1874 said:

Difficulty is that we don't have a solid enough back 4 to cope ourelves. Squad was built by Robbie for that 343 fad. 

Tough formation selection IMO but I do agree with what you're saying, we need our wingers and forwards pressing high and hard. 

I hate playing these ****s. 

Bull's-eye

All about the mentality for me, we concede against other teams and the arse doesn't fall out of our game. Against the buns it always looks like we're just waiting for them to score, playing deep, allowing them possession and basically giving us very little chance of getting into the game.

Still hopeful of a Naismith master plan.

We need to stay in the game even if we concede one, too many times against this lot we seem to lose goals quickly and the games gone. 

colinmorewasgash
6 hours ago, rmreido said:

Pray for hampdump to be flooded and moved to parkdeid a la dundee lol. We need pace in behind to beat that lot vargas oda tagawa etc but unfortunately, we don't play that way and will sit back and take the usual spanking.

Plus how many pens will Tavernier get in the next week as soon as they are struggling a bit.

Can't see us winning, as the ref whoever sfa brother is appointed, will make sure they get to final even if we were brilliant. Refs are even more corrupt nowadays for their wee title race than ever and on var will be dallas thats for sure. The amount of penalties they get is a joke every game penalty bingo what time will they get their penalty and once again a right back top scorer by pens mostly, 2 years running plus the amount of games they went without conceding one tells you all you need too know about the rangers and the refs. Mind you I still support my club and after a few drinks, Iam sure I'll be pumped up for game, so lets get into the tribute act and shut boydy sally and the rest up. I didnt think we wd ever beat celtic in a semi and we did you never know mind you I think id rather play tims maybe final as we seem to give brenda a few nightmares over years.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
6 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I would absolutely love - and I mean Kevin Keegan style absolutely love - if Tagawa does a Beattie.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Gordon

Kent.             Rowles

Kingsley.                                      Cochrane

Beni

Oda.           Hoff.           Grant.       McKay

Shankland

Vargas

Subs:  Clark, Atkinson, Sibbick, Devlin, Fraser, Tait, Denholm, Tagawa, Forest

Devlin for Hoff if not fit.

Like others, I can see Tagawa having an impact in this game from the bench.

VALDOS'

"Having a go" will play straight into Rangers hands, they struggle against compact teams hitting on the break as defensively switch off. 

Remember the confidence and have a go attitude last time out.... didn't end well at all.

AC Mallin_51

Hopefully Wednesday is an uncomfortable battle on that horrendous pitch for Rangers. A few heavy legs on Sunday and we’ve plenty pace to exploit that. Today was a reminder to everyone they are beatable. We need to believe from the get go that we can turn them over. Sick of too many people thinking we’re beat before a ball is kicked. Let’s get these tickets shifted, let’s get behind the boys from the start and let’s turn this lots “quadruple” into a league cup 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Just go and have a right go at them instead of the usual sitting back trying to frustrate them 

Philfigo
11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Just go and have a right go at them instead of the usual sitting back trying to frustrate them 

Absolutely that defence is piss poor we need to play ad much of the game as possible in there final 3rd. We sit back then this plays right into there hands as our back line can't handle a high press. Only way is to take it to them play 4 at the back and press the shit out of them. 

Thomaso
8 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Yup that is crazy! 🤪

1 hour ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Gordon

Kent.             Rowles

Beni

Shankland

Vargas

Playing 12 players would certainly improve our chances .

Gorgierools
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Playing 12 players would certainly improve our chances .

😂😂😂

maroonsgotop

Gordon

Kent.             Rowles

Beni

Shankland

Vargas

Looks like Hoff is out according to Naismith which is a big blow. Grant, Beni and Cammy really to be on their best games to give us a chance 

Scott Leitch

Gordon

Kent.             Rowles

Beni

Shankland

Vargas

Can't be playing Kingsley at right back. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Just get in their faces from the off pressure them we’ll definitely score against them I’d rather have a go and if we get beat 3-2 or 4-3 then so be it. Still have a feeling that their first game post split will be against the mhanks that could also work in our favour. 

OmiyaHearts

Don't think Mckay should play. He hasn't once turned up for a game v old firm.

Maybe Naismith can change that but he's always had a rep for going missing in big games.

2 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

"Having a go" will play straight into Rangers hands, they struggle against compact teams hitting on the break as defensively switch off. 

Remember the confidence and have a go attitude last time out.... didn't end well at all.

I disagree, sitting off them trying to play our way into the game will play into their hands . They are there to be got at.

29 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Maybe Naismith can change that but he's always had a rep for going missing in big games.

I agree re McKay, never turns up in big games. 

We have to get midfield right in this game, can’t afford to overload it with more defensive minded players.

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

Looks like Hoff is out according to Naismith which is a big blow. Grant, Beni and Cammy really to be on their best games to give us a chance 

Beni AND Devlin plays straight into Rangers hands imo.

Bongo 1874

Possession is key,I actually think Bazza could have a massive say on this game.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874

They key to beating Rangers is,stopping there 4 main passing options,Tavernier,Lundstram, Diomande, Cantwell.

Nothing to fear here,when Goldson and Souttar are pressed they don't like it.

Then they are playing Sterling at left back,that's a major weakness right away.

We will do it.

I'd go with a front 4 of Shankland, Forrest, Vargas and Grant , with Grant dropping into midfield out of possession. Freshen it up with Oda and McKay on the hour mark.

Beni and Hoff ( if fit ) , Kent and Rowles are nailed. 

The choices Naismith has to make is both full back areas and the Goalkeeper,  although he could go for Kingsley instead of Rowles, but I can't see it tbh.

gar jambo
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Got to agree about mckay mate 

Gordon 

Kingsley Kent Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Beni 

Vargas Grant McKay 

Shankland 

Graham Thomson
11 minutes ago, maroon said:

Gordon 

Kingsley Kent Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Beni 

Vargas Grant McKay 

Shankland 

2 natural right backs and you would play Kingsley in that position? I think you have to choose either Kingsley or Cochrane on the left.