Reasons for not going to the semi?

Howdy Doody Jambo

martoon
Just now, RedStarRiot said:

I strangely find it easier to take in person at games than watching on TV. 

Me too, actually.

I'm a lot less nervous being at a Hearts game than watching on TV, listening on radio or keeping up in any other way. 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• RedStarRiot

• Thunder and Lightning

RedStarRiot
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Me too, actually.

I'm a lot less nervous being at a Hearts game than watching on TV, listening on radio or keeping up in any other way. 

Must be something in it. 

I’m not sure why though, it’s not like you can just turn it off when there. 

martoon
Just now, RedStarRiot said:

Must be something in it. 

I’m not sure why though, it’s not like you can just turn it off when there. 

Pre match anesthetic? 🍺 🍻 😄

GinRummy
33 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

So saying you should borrow money to attend football is sensible? The “I’ve borrowed money” in the past line does imply that others clearly don’t want to go to the same lengths to watch their team. 

you’re right, I have no idea of your situation and I don’t really care either. I can only make assumptions based on your posts and if you say idiotic things then what do you expect? 

Been caught up talking shite? I think we’ve confirmed most folk going will be having a few drinks and food hence the additional cost. Regardless the game and transport itself if +£50. 

I’ll be getting drinks and food however so it will be around the £100 mark. 

FFS, let it go. All I said was it doesn’t costs 100 to go to the game next Sunday. 

The next thing you’re all wound up questioning my financial competence. Now I was implying this and you’re assuming that. 

Let’s just say you won. It costs 100 quid to go to the game and I’m a financial incompetent encouraging others to be the same. 

Edited by GinRummy

14 minutes ago, martoon said:

It's not the short walk to the electric chair you're making, bud. 

If losing to Rangers at Hampden is the worst thing that happens to any of us on the 21st then we're laughing handbags.

Not sure i said it was electric chair or worse thing to happen to me. Thread is people giving views on why not going to game. I am merely giving my take on it

Angel eyes

I’m running the London marathon……….

I’m not really……..😂

RedStarRiot
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

FFS, let it go. All I said was it doesn’t costs 100 to go to the game next Sunday. 

The next thing you’re all wound up questioning my financial competence. Now I was implying this and you’re assuming that. 

Let’s just say you won. It costs 100 quid to go to the game and I’m a financial incompetent encouraging others to be the same. 

I did type a response but let’s just let it lie. I hope you have a good weekend and enjoy the game when it comes. 

Edited by RedStarRiot

RedStarRiot
15 minutes ago, martoon said:

Pre match anesthetic? 🍺 🍻 😄

And the post match! 

Gillsland jack
9 hours ago, OTT said:

Nobody's business but their own. 

Also the idea that failing to sell out 100% can and will be used against us by the SFA so they can throw more tickets at the Weegie teams is disgusting. 

Its a neutral venue. Failing to provide both teams 50% of the tickets fails to provide a neutral venue. If one team is happy to take a lesser allocation, fine. But the starting position needs to 50/50. Its an absolutely rotten culture thats been allowed to develop from this. 

And its a Sunday!!I will be there but have a few mates that just can't go due to Monday morning commitments.

RedStarRiot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah that would make you the best hearts fan ever😂😂😂. Good grief, give up, you won. 

I edited my post. See above 

GinRummy
1 minute ago, RedStarRiot said:

I edited my post. See above 

Deleted the reply to your edited response. 

Have a good weekend 👍

EH11 2NL

It's not really anyone's business why people aren't going. I couldn't make one of the recent home games, can't even remember what one, and you had pricks on here giving it large about a lower crowd and why people aren't there, when they have no idea about people's individual situations.

Personally don't understand why people choose not to go because of who we are playing, that's a tiny minority though. Others have loads going on. 

Only thing that's a fact if we don't sell out, if we make the final we won't be given 50/50 (queue a hypocritical meltdown) I hope the club would look to offer final tickets to those that went to the semi final first. 

chester copperpot

I am on the Lanarkshire Hearts bus and we'll be in the Motherwell miners club for 10.55am. I don't drink much these days but I am making an exception next Sunday as I am off the Monday 🤣🤣

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

It's not really anyone's business why people aren't going. I couldn't make one of the recent home games, can't even remember what one, and you had pricks on here giving it large about a lower crowd and why people aren't there, when they have no idea about people's individual situations.

Personally don't understand why people choose not to go because of who we are playing, that's a tiny minority though. Others have loads going on. 

Only thing that's a fact if we don't sell out, if we make the final we won't be given 50/50 (queue a hypocritical meltdown) I hope the club would look to offer final tickets to those that went to the semi final first. 

agree with a lot of this but i don’t think its a tiny minority who don’t won’t go becuase its rangers and they expect to lose .  I’d say that is a fair old chunk of our support.

if it was hibs or Aberdeen we’d sell 30,000. 

i8hibsh

Not going as I am a shit fan nowadays and see this only going one way. We will lose of course. Just so sick of the Old Firm. I absolutely ****ing despise them. I also despise Glasgow and Glaswegians with an all consuming passion.

We just can't beat Rangers nowadays. We have even found a way to beat Celtic but play like pussies v Rangers. I think we have beaten a Brendan Rogers Celtic team more times than Rangers have beaten them.

I'm just so ****ing bored of it all tbh. Even the sight of that ***** Tavernier makes me want to punch something.

Respect to all you Jambos going, I hope we do it for you all.

Edited by i8hibsh

colinmaroon

Suffering from cancer and had a fall last week, severely damaging my ribs, ouch!!!  My left Achilles tendon painful, can't use elbow crutches as too painful (ribs).

jbee647
10 hours ago, OTT said:

Nobody's business but their own. 

Also the idea that failing to sell out 100% can and will be used against us by the SFA so they can throw more tickets at the Weegie teams is disgusting. 

Its a neutral venue. Failing to provide both teams 50% of the tickets fails to provide a neutral venue. If one team is happy to take a lesser allocation, fine. But the starting position needs to 50/50. Its an absolutely rotten culture thats been allowed to develop from this. 

Exactly 

make no mistake the Glasgow cabals will use these tactics the next time we face them in a semi or final and the time after that and time after that 

On the next occasion if our form

leading up to that game is poor we possibly won’t sell as many tickets for a game against an old firm opponent as we will on this occasion, are we to have this threat of a lesser allocation held over us for every game at Hampden.

50-50 split for Hearts and every club who play at a neutral venue, and who gives a **** what it looks like on some satellite Tv channels 

cheetah

I am not going as I am a shitebag and don't back the club who have gone the extra mile to secure a 50/50 split for us. 

Will be at the final though if we make it. 

Don't see why people are so annoyed and defensive about the original post, the ticket issue is under scrutiny in the media at the moment and it's understandable the OP would ask why they are not getting sold.

Not confident in the least about the result but always hopeful and will have a good day out beforehand 

GinRummy
54 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Suffering from cancer and had a fall last week, severely damaging my ribs, ouch!!!  My left Achilles tendon painful, can't use elbow crutches as too painful (ribs).

Hope things get better for you soon Colin. 

erniewinchester

Going into hospital for an operation on friday..but at least saved the club  unlike some other glasgow club...

If your reason for not going is not due to finance, it's an idea to buy a ticket or 2 and donate to Big Hearts? 

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Take care 🇱🇻

i8hibsh

All the best to you.

jamboozy

Wishing you all the best Colin.👍

davemclaren

Sorry to hear that Colin. Hopefully you can be cheered up a bit by watching a Hearts victory on TV. 

Drylaw Hearts

A ticket for the semi-final should have come with a guarantee of a ticket for the final.

davemclaren
40 minutes ago, erniewinchester said:

Going into hospital for an operation on friday..but at least saved the club  unlike some other glasgow club...

Good luck. 

2 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

A ticket for the semi-final should have come with a guarantee of a ticket for the final.

Maybe not a guarantee but priority after the first sale

Daveandal

Couple of aspirin you'll be fine 🙂.

In all seriousness fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

The Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

It pretty much does. The majority of people going are season ticket holders. Season ticket holder will be guaranteed a ticket to the final should we reach it.

1971fozzy
18 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

we have 15,500 ST holders.  Whilst I get your logic , the ST holders should rightfully be given first dibs given its likely even a 50/50 split will be less given all the sponsor tickets etc the SFA have to give away.

highlandjambo3

Not going, can’t do spur of the moment stuff cos of the b & b, I can literally tell you exactly what days I’m not working till the end of the year.  I have made it to games this year though but those were pre planned……..the final though…..I’ll need to think up a cunning plan 😁

IMG_6093.jpeg

Der Kaiser

I'm having surgery today so I'm being....urgh.....sensible......and not risking attending. 

Hope I miss a famous and incredibly contentious win for us.

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Why? When we get to the final it should be loyalty point based as these are the people who go to the most games. 

If after a suitable sale all the final tickets are not sold then I think your idea holds merit. 

Jambo61
15 hours ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Let's be having you , where are you? 

The club really making a big effort to sell the remaining tickets, is there a valid excuse?

Bladder weakness good enough?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
On 12/04/2024 at 20:54, Thunder and Lightning said:

You're not looking well mate. Plant the seed now. 😂 

On 12/04/2024 at 20:57, Threedoorsdown said:

I can run your dog over or something for you mate?

I appreciate the ideas lads, it's not just a normal shift though, I'm away on a course and have to drive down south on the Sunday. Unavoidable unfortunately. Hopefully I'll make the final. 

colinmaroon
On 13/04/2024 at 08:48, GinRummy said:

Hope things get better for you soon Colin. 

Thanks.  Could be worse, could be a Hibby.

colinmaroon
On 13/04/2024 at 09:13, lou said:

Take care 🇱🇻

colinmaroon
23 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

All the best to you.

colinmaroon
23 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Wishing you all the best Colin.👍

colinmaroon
23 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Sorry to hear that Colin. Hopefully you can be cheered up a bit by watching a Hearts victory on TV. 

Thanks.  Here's hoping!

colinmaroon
23 hours ago, Daveandal said:

Couple of aspirin you'll be fine 🙂.

In all seriousness fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

ElGee1973

Renewed my season tickets just as the semi tickets were on sale. Saw it as better value for money. Also working that day. The cost of the semi tickets were laughable. The behaviour of OF fans in & around Glasgow is also another reason that’s put me off. Have previous in encounters with both sides that almost ended in scrapping. 

Philfigo

I had thought of every reasons not to go! But the overriding emotion was how would I feel if this was the time and I missed it. One day it will be our day at Hampden Vs them but to get there we might have to watch some beatings but that one time we do it will live forever in the memories off all who can say they were there. Man the **** up if you had the same thoughts as me initially.

The Gorgie
6 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

Renewed my season tickets just as the semi tickets were on sale. Saw it as better value for money. Also working that day. The cost of the semi tickets were laughable. The behaviour of OF fans in & around Glasgow is also another reason that’s put me off. Have previous in encounters with both sides that almost ended in scrapping. 

Is £30 for a ticket laughable these days? 

The wee man is playing in a Stephen gallacher foundation short course stroke event at north Berwick 

ElGee1973
53 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Is £30 for a ticket laughable these days? 

£30 & £40 is laughable in my opinion. £400 renewal for a season ticket is much better value for money. Plus it’s just not the cost of the ticket itself, add to that travel, something to eat & drink then add in the potential hassle from some of the zombie support. It’s happened before. Just my opinion though & id much rather hearts get my money at tynecastle through season ticket money & programmes/refreshments. 

Edited by ElGee1973

The Gorgie
7 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

£30 & £40 is laughable in my opinion. £400 renewal for a season ticket is much better value for money. Plus it’s just not the cost of the ticket itself, add to that travel, something to eat & drink then add in the potential hassle from some of the zombie support. It’s happened before. Just my opinion though & id much rather hearts get my money at tynecastle through season ticket money & programmes/refreshments. 

Whats the point in playing in cups we should just get knocked out first round then