Reasons for not going to the semi?

Howdy Doody Jambo

john brownlee
1 minute ago, john brownlee said:

I’m not going, it will the first important game I’ve missed sines I was old enough, that was early sixties, still,be watching it on tv,at my age that’s the best I can do.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• RedStarRiot

• Thunder and Lightning

john brownlee

Of course at that time I was doing my bit for queen and country on the baron rocks of Aden.

Thomaso
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Your 70 years old man, writing 'facts' in capital letters doesnt make you right :rofl: nor does sending me the same ranting message twice.

Now away and gies pease, stop messaging me and let the thread drift back onto the subject in hand.

And what age are you sonny? You were the one that drifted the thread with your pish about me - so you can **** off and give me peace!

dukebox
On 12/04/2024 at 20:12, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Let's be having you , where are you? 

The club really making a big effort to sell the remaining tickets, is there a valid excuse?

Only got 4 points. Can't go as it stands.

been here before
1 minute ago, dukebox said:

Only got 4 points. Can't go as it stands.

Loads of folk with 4 points (or less) have claimed theyve contacted the TO and been able to buy tickets.

Nothing to loose, give it a bash.

dukebox
22 minutes ago, been here before said:

Loads of folk with 4 points (or less) have claimed theyve contacted the TO and been able to buy tickets.

Nothing to loose, give it a bash.

I'll give it a go but unless on a forum you wouldn't know this.  The poster states hearts have done their best but this is stealth info. Most people especially with less than 5 points won't know this unless communicated by the club.

Thunder and Lightning
5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

How predictable! Pity you didn’t read on. I gave you the FACTS that totally disproved the absolute drivel and pish you slate me with.

Watch out, his next PM cold be offering a square go. 😂 

Money. It’s all down to money. And even worse I’m going to have to Likely Lads it and try and avoid the score and watch the game when I get home. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Money. It’s all down to money. And even worse I’m going to have to Likely Lads it and try and avoid the score and watch the game when I get home. 

A classic. 

Still watch them.

Thomaso

Their performance at Dens Park may have encouraged some to buy a ticket.

Boyces beard
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Their performance at Dens Park may have encouraged some to buy a ticket.

We have a real chance if they play like they have the last few weeks

I'm not going because i'll be allowing my mrs a much deserved break to spend some time with friends while I watch our 5 kids, one of whom is disabled. So they'll be watching it on the TV with me 😅

deejtee

Bought a ticket but unlikely to be able to attend. Is the game on any channel on TV? Even if not I am unlikely to be up to going and ticket is for over 65 and row zz so not much use to anyone!

Enjoy the game those that are there and those who are not.

Many of us have bought tickets, but if you want to watch a football match forget Hampden. The best reason for not going is because you don;t actually see a football game. You see football players from a distance, obscured my the people sitting infront of you. You leave the game only knowing who scored because someone else told you, orr you see it on your phone, You have no idea what formations were played, or if it was really a great game. 
Hampden s not fit for purpose, I totally and 100% get why people don't waste money going to that dump.

It's a hassle getting in, it's a hassle getting out.

It is not rocket science to work out why football supporters want to avoid going to Hampden.

cheetah
4 minutes ago, H2 said:

Many of us have bought tickets, but if you want to watch a football match forget Hampden. The best reason for not going is because you don;t actually see a football game. You see football players from a distance, obscured my the people sitting infront of you. You leave the game only knowing who scored because someone else told you, orr you see it on your phone, You have no idea what formations were played, or if it was really a great game. 
Hampden s not fit for purpose, I totally and 100% get why people don't waste money going to that dump.

It is not rocket science to work out why football supporters want to avoid going to Hampden.

I only go to Hamden for finals as it is so shit, **** going there 3 or 4 times a season. 

15 hours ago, RS86 said:

I'm not going because i'll be allowing my mrs a much deserved break to spend some time with friends while I watch our 5 kids, one of whom is disabled. So they'll be watching it on the TV with me 😅

5 kids and you have a tele?

😄

Newton51
54 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Bought a ticket but unlikely to be able to attend. Is the game on any channel on TV? Even if not I am unlikely to be up to going and ticket is for over 65 and row zz so not much use to anyone!

Enjoy the game those that are there and those who are not.

Premier sports old via play channel

5,856 miles and an 19 month old.

Do I win a prize? Geoff would have me beat though.

17 hours ago, Tazio said:

I should have made this more clear, it isn't that I can't afford to go it's that I have a very good paying freelance job that day and it was too much money to turn down. 

Bazzas right boot
On 15/04/2024 at 19:00, Smithian said:

Living on the wrong side of the Atlantic is an obstacle.

I'm only hearing excuses. 

🤣

Benny Klack
4 hours ago, H2 said:

Personal opinion but I don’t think Hampden is as bad as a lot of folk like to make out. I would certainly challenge that it’s murder to get in and out of - not true in my experience. Roads around are pretty accessible, it takes about 20 minutes to walk to from Queen Street  - and although trains can be busy, they are generally frequent for big games. Granted the views from behind the goals aren’t great but North and South stands provide a decent view. I go to watch most Scotland games and all Hearts games at Hampden and whilst it does have faults, it’s hardly a huge problem. Not going to watch Hearts in a cup semi or final (which unfortunately don’t come round every year) just because you don’t like the ground is a poor excuse for not going IMO. 

briever
11 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Personal opinion but I don’t think Hampden is as bad as a lot of folk like to make out. I would certainly challenge that it’s murder to get in and out of - not true in my experience. Roads around are pretty accessible, it takes about 20 minutes to walk to from Queen Street  - and although trains can be busy, they are generally frequent for big games. Granted the views from behind the goals aren’t great but North and South stands provide a decent view. I go to watch most Scotland games and all Hearts games at Hampden and whilst it does have faults, it’s hardly a huge problem. Not going to watch Hearts in a cup semi or final (which unfortunately don’t come round every year) just because you don’t like the ground is a poor excuse for not going IMO. 

20mins walking from Queens St if you're Robert Korzeniowski.

Daveandal
18 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

20 mins walk from Queens Street??????? 

Sorry rest was ok but your was argument undermined by that statement.

If you'd said walkable... I'd be going HELL YEAH!

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

20 minutes...

gettyimages-200028016-001-612x612.jpg

been here before
40 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

You'd have to be strutting about like Gulliver in Liliput.

Screenshot_20240418_190002_Maps.jpg

Edited by been here before

Benny Klack
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

20 minutes...

gettyimages-200028016-001-612x612.jpg

🤣🤣🤣

Fair cop - 20 minutes might be a stretch after checking it on Google Maps. Probably just feels like 20 minutes after I’ve had a few beers in the city centre before strolling out!

Still walkable though 😊

Benny Klack
29 minutes ago, briever said:

20mins walking from Queens St if you're Robert Korzeniowski.

Had to Google who this is - no relation 😊

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

🤣🤣🤣

Fair cop - 20 minutes might be a stretch after checking it on Google Maps. Probably just feels like 20 minutes after I’ve had a few beers in the city centre before strolling out!

Still walkable though 😊

Takes me about 50 mins

Walkable if young and healthy and can be arsed.

Kids,  wifes( who hate walking) older folk, a bit unfit or unable then probably not.

It's not 10-20 mins,  over an hour walk is when most would get travel, not many folk walk 2.5 hours to get to and from any location.

During the week at night the travel is poor, last trains etc. 

On a Saturday it's OK ino, but even a Sunday it's a chore. 

Hampden it's self is a shitehole but I agree  it's not a reason to miss a sf or final on it's own.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Benny Klack
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Takes me about 50 mins

Walkable if young and healthy and can be arsed.

Kids,  wifes( who hate walking) older folk, a bit unfit or unable then probably not.

It's not 10-20 mins,  over an hour walk is when most would get travel, not many folk walk 2.5 hours to get to and from any location.

During the week at night the travel is poor, last trains etc. 

On a Saturday it's OK ino, but even a Sunday it's a chore. 

Hampden it's self is a shitehole but I agree  it's not a reason to miss a sf or final on it's own.

Agree with most of that - but there are far harder to get to grounds or bigger dumps in Scotland. Saying Hampden is sh1te is an easy call - but we’re stuck with it for the foreseeable. As said before,  North or especially South stands give perfectly good views (Upper South is fantastic tbf). I’ve got too many good memories of Hampden games semi’s / finals / Scotland games to write it off completely.

We’ll always have 5-1 🇱🇻

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Agree with most of that - but there are far harder to get to grounds or bigger dumps in Scotland. Saying Hampden is sh1te is an easy call - but we’re stuck with it for the foreseeable. As said before,  North or especially South stands give perfectly good views (Upper South is fantastic tbf). I’ve got too many good memories of Hampden games semi’s / finals / Scotland games to write it off completely.

We’ll always have 5-1 🇱🇻

Agreed.

Tbh You should just run from Edinburgh to the game , looking at your walking pace,you'll be there in about 1 hour -if at the west side,  add on ten mins if from the East side of Edinburgh. 

🤣

Benny Klack
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed.

Tbh You should just run from Edinburgh to the game , looking at your walking pace,you'll be there in about 1 hour -if at the west side,  add on ten mins if from the East side of Edinburgh. 

🤣

🤣

No problem - few pints in Gorgie, stroll out the M8, stopping off for a pi4h at Harthill. Reckon I could be in my seat after an hour & 10 👍

GinRummy
37 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

We’ll always have 5-1 🇱🇻

Fair enough but it’s not a competition to decide the hardest stadium to get to. For a national stadium it’s pretty pish  it’s not that it’s hard to get to, it’s time consuming to use public transport to get away from Hampden is more accurate. 

Sure there are some decent views but much of the stadium does not have good views. The queues for food and toilets is bordering on ridiculous as well. 

I can understand you having decent memories of it but it’s effecting  your rationale imo. It’s a disgrace. 

Edited by GinRummy

dc-jambo
1 hour ago, Benny Klack said:

, ‘it takes about 20 minutes to walk to from Queen Street’

what are you, a giraffe?

Benny Klack
25 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

, ‘it takes about 20 minutes to walk to from Queen Street’

what are you, a giraffe?

🤣😊😊

Yeah - got a bit carried away with that one - read on. 

Not a giraffe - more gazelle like 👍 

1971fozzy
On 15/04/2024 at 17:56, john brownlee said:

I’m not going, it will the first important game I’ve missed sines I was old enough, that was early sixties, still,be watching it on tv,at my age that’s the best I can do.

👍

2 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

image.thumb.png.45f101c996428a905235dfe4a668aa02.png you must be the fastest walker in the world!
South stand, where the SFA people get tickets are great seats, along with dignitaries and hospitality. North stand is poor, Behind the goals, you should be paid to sot there. 

I've waited ages for trains, I mean like an hour coming out, I've been in queues of traffic on buses and driving. The access is a disgrace.
Paging to go to a football game you cant' see and access is deplorable is not an excuse, it is a good reason. "0 minutes to walk form Queens Street???? Aye right!

Benny Klack

Aye aye - apart from the time taken to walk being a slight (😊) exaggeration I’d still stand by every thing else. I couldn’t bear it if Hearts won a semi or a final and I wasn’t there - it’s far from the best ground to watch a game granted but to have that as a primary reason for not going to see your team in the biggest game of the season is poor IMO. 

leginten

I walked from Queen Street to Hampden for the last Hibs semi-final. It’s a bit bleak until you get closer to the Govanhill/Queen’s Park area, but good exercise. Took me about an hour, which is as long as I was going to have to wait for the next bus. Less convenient this time round, though.

Cameronstheman

Who really cares who not going come Sunday ,all will have there reasons . We all support Hearts and will cheering  them on Re. Whether at the game or not . FTH

Edited by Cameronstheman

hmfc1440
5 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

It's about as bad as it gets & pales into insignificance in comparison to Welsh & ROI national stadia. Diabolical national stadium.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, hmfc1440 said:

It's about as bad as it gets & pales into insignificance in comparison to Welsh & ROI national stadia. Diabolical national stadium.

Most countries don’t have one, needless really. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough but it’s not a competition to decide the hardest stadium to get to. For a national stadium it’s pretty pish  it’s not that it’s hard to get to, it’s time consuming to use public transport to get away from Hampden is more accurate. 

Sure there are some decent views but much of the stadium does not have good views. The queues for food and toilets is bordering on ridiculous as well. 

I can understand you having decent memories of it but it’s effecting  your rationale imo. It’s a disgrace. 

Spot on

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Most countries don’t have one, needless really. 

I agree Hampden is useless but most other countries for instance Germany have decent sized stadia all over the country. Our 2 decent sized ones belong to you know who based in the same city as Hampden. Forget Murrayfield, SFA will not (as shown in 2012) stage a national final there.

Hearts1975

Stuck 11,116 miles away from Hamdunk park, otherwise id be there 😔

Brilliant effort from the support though - yet again.

No one else (out with OF) would have even came close to selling 19k and especially on a Sunday 

Brilliant initiative from Big Hearts, and all the donors, as well 👏👏👏 giving some folk the chance to get to a game, they wouldn't have had the opportunity of seeing. Classy. 

Hopefully get a few more days good sales in, and get as close to the full allocation as possible 🙏❤️