Reasons for not going to the semi?

Howdy Doody Jambo

ElGee1973
27 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Whats the point in playing in cups we should just get knocked out first round then 

I’ll give that comment the contempt it deserves. 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• RedStarRiot

• Thunder and Lightning

The Gorgie
44 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

I’ll give that comment the contempt it deserves. 

👍🏻 don't moan about tickets or travel when we get to the final

GBJambo

Really can’t understand, if  you can afford it and don’t have any other arrangements, why you wouldn’t want to go to a semi final. 
With only 2 wins away from 1 of 2 trophies we have any chance of winning. And the whole point is hoping to see your team win trophies, this really should be a sell out . 

il Duce McTarkin
On 12/04/2024 at 21:15, OTT said:

Nobody's business but their own. 

Also the idea that failing to sell out 100% can and will be used against us by the SFA so they can throw more tickets at the Weegie teams is disgusting. 

Its a neutral venue. Failing to provide both teams 50% of the tickets fails to provide a neutral venue. If one team is happy to take a lesser allocation, fine. But the starting position needs to 50/50. Its an absolutely rotten culture thats been allowed to develop from this. 

Best post of the thread by a distance.

I'll not be going as I'm working, otherwise I'd have been watching at home with the kids. They're a bit young for Hampden just yet, but it's important to keep up the indoctrination. Maybe next year.

been here before
14 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Really can’t understand, if  you can afford it and don’t have any other arrangements, why you wouldn’t want to go to a semi final. 
With only 2 wins away from 1 of 2 trophies we have any chance of winning. And the whole point is hoping to see your team win trophies, this really should be a sell out . 

The League Cup is pish though.

AndrewB
On 13/04/2024 at 07:53, colinmaroon said:

Suffering from cancer and had a fall last week, severely damaging my ribs, ouch!!!  My left Achilles tendon painful, can't use elbow crutches as too painful (ribs).

Blimey Colin, you’re not doing this right at all.  Read some of the other replies and try again.

But seriously, best wishes to you.  Doctor prescribes a Cup win for you.

Armageddon

There should also be a thread ‘Reasons to not contribute to FoH’, even £1 a month.

8000 contributors.

20k+ going to Hampden.

Surely we can get to 10k some day soon.

18k season tickets and a huge waiting list, is it just laziness?  Folk being tight?  Or a genuine poverty situation?

The 8k figure has never added up to me.

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

There should also be a thread ‘Reasons to not contribute to FoH’, even £1 a month.

8000 contributors.

20k+ going to Hampden.

18k season tickets and a huge waiting list, is it just laziness?  Folk being tight?  Or a genuine poverty situation?

I think this an age thing, FOH are supposedly keen on targeting the younger element in our support as it's overwhelmingly the older supporters who contribute 

blairdin

I'm going.

I don't blame anyone for choosing not to though. 

£30-£40 a ticket to sit in the worst stadium in Scotland in terms of seeing the action on the pitch, whilst listening to the sectarian bile pouring out of the Rangers end (of a supposedly neutral stadium).

Semi finals are occasions any more, more often than not the atmosphere is poor. 

jr ewing
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

8000 contributors.

20k+ going to Hampden.

You had to be going through the possibility of having no club to contribute. Things look stable now. 

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, AndrewB said:

Blimey Colin, you’re not doing this right at all.  Read some of the other replies and try again.

But seriously, best wishes to you.  Doctor prescribes a Cup win for you.

2nd Attempt. Can't make it!

Thunder and Lightning

Maybe some of the shite bags that are worried because it's rangers will crawl out and man up now the mighty Ross County turned them over. 

Bull's-eye
2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Maybe some of the shite bags that are worried because it's rangers will crawl out and man up now the mighty Ross County turned them over. 

"Shitebags" for not wanting to go to a football match  :rofl:

Thomaso
46 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Pathetic post

Thomaso
3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

You had to be going through the possibility of having no club to contribute. Things look stable now. 

Yup the financial jeopardy the Club was in at the time was the big driver for contributing to FoH.

Thomaso
5 hours ago, been here before said:

The League Cup is pish though.

🎣

Cameronstheman

Should be some posts about  the reasons you are going 

We might win

Taking two kids to there first Hampden trip,who knows what might pan out as RC proved today

FTOF

colinmorewasgash
10 hours ago, ElGee1973 said:

Renewed my season tickets just as the semi tickets were on sale. Saw it as better value for money. Also working that day. The cost of the semi tickets were laughable. The behaviour of OF fans in & around Glasgow is also another reason that’s put me off. Have previous in encounters with both sides that almost ended in scrapping. 

Fair enough to folk that dont like atnosphere but good and bad in both weegie supporters, my old man 78 was once put in hospital jumped by on way home by orcs at home cup game in 86, and has been involved in worse altercations in his younger days though there and at home, my son who was through with mate and bus on the infamous friday night 2014 he was only 20 as orcs started attacking our fans in the abandoned game and was given a sore face I was livid as I was working, and as 55 year old have been through to both grounds involved in many scrapes with both over years and never been arrested not a troublemaker in slightest, but stood my ground, won some lost some following the famous but will it stop any three off us going sunday worried if we win it will kick off outside as its glesca, not a chance. I follow my club keep safe, everyone safety in numbers and if worried don't wear colours and Im waiting on knee reconstruction but I ll be there and I pray for win.

Mdoug79

I have enough points to buy tickets but am unable to attend unfortunately. If anyone wants to go but doesn’t have the points let me know and we can arrange for me to purchase under my account. 

Watt-Zeefuik

I said what I said earlier but I'm getting low price alerts on Kayak. There's an outside shot I may be begging for someone to buy me a ticket on points at some point tomorrow.

Thunder and Lightning
3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

"Shitebags" for not wanting to go to a football match  :rofl:

Because of the opposition and being worried of another defeat yes. I think the term fits them well. 

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Pathetic post

As you're one of the most pathetic posters here I'll take your word as an authority on this champ. 😂 

Batistuta87
On 12/04/2024 at 20:57, jambo1975 said:

For one person to go the cost of the whole day will top £100. Ticket, transport, food etc. Imagine having a family of 3/4.  Plus there are season tickets to renew. I'm sure some are choosing not to go for various reasons but when you boil it down it's an big expensive for some who might just not be able to afford it

This is me. Normally not a problem to buy tickets for away days and cup days and have never missed a semi or a final whenever we've been there - but renewing our season tickets last week and other commitments this month mean I simply don't have the spare cash at this time and will need to miss it. 

It is a big expense when I'd be brining my kids along and would be looking at £200 by the time I'd bought tickets drove through and paid for parking food and drink. Aye you can skip the food and drink but I'm not gonna deny my kid a hot dog or a pie so... Aye... 😂 

£15 on a month's ViaPlay looking the likely solution! 

Edited by Batistuta87

been here before
57 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

As you're one of the most pathetic posters here I'll take your word as an authority on this champ. 😂 

He's about 70 and still posting shit on the internet.

Something the rest of us can only aim for...

Thunder and Lightning
7 minutes ago, been here before said:

It's good for us to have goals. 😂 

Jambo-Fox
52 minutes ago, been here before said:

Was he the guy that claimed he was working on the new main stand development and was fully in ‘the know’ but spent all day on this forum sharing information, news and opinions??

Section Q

Why don't the FoH buy the remaining tickets and draw names out of a hat.

People are hard up and most would still want to go.

Tin hat on . . . . . . . . . . . . . . !

Thomaso
7 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Stunning response! 👏

Thomaso
6 hours ago, been here before said:

Oh the irony 🤡

davemclaren
4 hours ago, Section Q said:

Why don't the FoH buy the remaining tickets and draw names out of a hat.

People are hard up and most would still want to go.

Tin hat on . . . . . . . . . . . . . . !

Financially they effectively are buying them. 

Thomaso
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed Dave. The key is not to return tickets to the SFA unsold to protect our future allocation.

Rather than getting the fine the media is going on about give the SFA all the money and distribute the excess tickets to good causes.

Jim_Duncan
12 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I said what I said earlier but I'm getting low price alerts on Kayak. There's an outside shot I may be begging for someone to buy me a ticket on points at some point tomorrow.

Gladly get you a ticket. Crossing continents for a Hearts game is something I can relate to. Done it from both Asia and Africa.  

been here before
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Was he the guy that claimed he was working on the new main stand development and was fully in ‘the know’ but spent all day on this forum sharing information, news and opinions??

Aye the very man.

One of the funniest things on here in years. Knew nothing other than the ill informed pish posted by randoms on here and sat there claiming it all as his own as he was ITK as one of the main men. 

From the original architects plans to the demolition of the old stand and from the building, fitting out completion of the new stand to evrry single aspect of the ripping up and relaying of the new pitch he was there, he knew it all, an expert on the lot... JKBs very own Deepthroat:rofl:.

It still makes me smile thinking about it now.

Heartsofgold

Can't go due to a prior family engagement but used my season tickets to buy for my cousin and his 2 kids, plus 3 of their mates to go to the game.  All of them Jambos but cannot afford to go week in, week out.

Section Q
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Great...........then hand them out.

On 12/04/2024 at 21:03, GinRummy said:

It’s 30 a ticket and 18 for the train. If you only want to go to the game you can leave before one from Haymarket and get to hampden in plenty time for under 50 quid. 

A lot of money that.

Thomaso
18 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I was not working on site installing the glass facade. I was however the MD of the company who installed it.

Thomaso
7 hours ago, been here before said:

Aye the very man.

One of the funniest things on here in years. Knew nothing other than the ill informed pish posted by randoms on here and sat there claiming it all as his own as he was ITK as one of the main men. 

From the original architects plans to the demolition of the old stand and from the building, fitting out completion of the new stand to evrry single aspect of the ripping up and relaying of the new pitch he was there, he knew it all, an expert on the lot... JKBs very own Deepthroat:rofl:.

It still makes me smile thinking about it now.

The one making an arse of themselves is you. You seem to have some long running vendetta against me which is a bit tiresome. The fact is you absolutely know FA about how the stand was designed or built, I do but carry on with your childish insults!

Bazzas right boot
On 14/04/2024 at 13:02, Armageddon said:

8000 contributors.

20k+ going to Hampden.

It does a bit, a family , say 1 adult and 2 kids who are season tickets won't all contribute Individually,  but maybe the adult does.

I couldn't afford 3 or 4 contributions from the household if my wife and kids had a st as well, but I do have 1.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The one making an arse of themselves is you. You seem to have some long running vendetta against me which is a bit tiresome. The fact is you absolutely know FA about how the stand was designed or built, I do but carry on with your childish insults!

I'll back you up, the only time you’ve posted any sense is when it was about the stand!

🤣

been here before
11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

How many years later and you're still going :rofl:

Thomaso
1 minute ago, been here before said:

How many years later and you're still going :rofl:

I’ve sent you a PM

Thomaso
8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'll back you up, the only time you’ve posted any sense is when it was about the stand!

🤣

Thanks Tosh - not sure what his personal beef is - must have pissed in his pint 🤷‍♂️

been here before
Just now, Thomaso said:

I’ve sent you a PM

Aye I stopped reading at the first line when I hit the "you've got a vendetta against me". Now please dont message me again especially as your rant has filled my inbox.

Thomaso
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Aye I stopped reading at the first line when I hit the "you've got a vendetta against me". Now please dont message me again especially as your rant has filled my inbox.

How predictable! Pity you didn’t read on. I gave you the FACTS that totally disproved the absolute drivel and pish you slate me with.

18 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

A poster calling himself ‘Mars Plastic’ was a poster who claimed to be on-site too.

john brownlee
On 12/04/2024 at 21:24, Bull's-eye said:

Anybody not going without a reasonable excuse and i mean death in the family type reason should get their brass necks stretched at a Public Plaza hanging day.

been here before
32 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

How predictable! Pity you didn’t read on. I gave you the FACTS that totally disproved the absolute drivel and pish you slate me with.

Your 70 years old man, writing 'facts' in capital letters doesnt make you right :rofl: nor does sending me the same ranting message twice.

Now away and gies pease, stop messaging me and let the thread drift back onto the subject in hand.

john brownlee

I’m not going, it will the first important game I’ve missed sines I was old enough, that was early sixties, still,be watching it on tv,at my age that’s the best I can do.