jr ewing
1 minute ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

They can't keep beating us at Hampden we are due a win 

I never expected us to beat Celtic in the semi in 2012 

All the pressure is on the rangers 

Tactical masterclass 👌 

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Surely train ticket prices depend on where you are travelling from??  Mine was certainly £33, Kings Park return. 
No way you could do it for £50 unless you are a concession. Based on your previous post you are a real fun guy - going to Hampden for a semi-final and spending £2 on food, drink and entertainment. 😂😂

Maybe share where you are getting the £18 from Haymarket with everyone as it’s £19.20 cheapest on Trainline.  That’s 80p left for your peanuts😂😂

Plenty Greggs open in Glasgow to spend the £2 wisely 😂

i’ll post my return train ticket on here on Sunday night. But even at your rip off price  it’s £66 to get through and back including match ticket. 

I’m fortunate enough to to have to bother about how much I spend on Sunday and will be drinking all day but in years gone by I wasn’t as fortunate and went to games on the cheap. 

If you want to go on Saturday you can go for a lot less than £100 which is why I said the poster saying it costs 100 quif to go was talking rubbish. 

I’m not going probably not a good enough excuse I have had 2 full knee replacements and a heart attack would love to go but still don’t feel strong enoug

RedStarRiot
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tickets are 30 quid

It can but doesn’t have to. If you wanted to go you could do it for 50 quid.

if you want to go, get better seats, have a few pints, get something to eat, watch the game, have another few pints then aye, it’ll be more expensive than just going to the game and going home. 

Depends where you are sitting. I paid £40. 

Hardly worth making the effort if you’re not going to make a day of it. 

Nikoliunas

Hellish ground in hellish location. 

Still upset with their decision to buy the piece of junk rather than move to murrayfield. 

Might buy a last minute ticket, but hoping it sells out and I don't have to.

season ticket holder on 137 LPs, for the record 

GinRummy
5 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Depends where you are sitting. I paid £40. 

Hardly worth making the effort if you’re not going to make a day of it. 

I have in the past. Not being an Uber fan here but if I was skint and there was a semi final I wanted to go to I’d borrow the money to get there and get back. 

it doesn’t cost 100 quod to do that. 

Edited by GinRummy

zeke1874

Am going with my Dad and my youngest laddie. 80 quid on tickets. Got a bus return for a tenner so 90 down so far. Dad and laddie travel for free. 

Oldest laddie cant go cos it clashes with his football. If it was Saturday he'd be going. I'd imagine there's a fair few other teenagers who play football in the same situation. Plus maybe Jambo dad's who coach these teams...

Either way, was never missing this. Its a semi final, it's what we want. We're having a good season, unlike Aberdeen for example, so why not go? I get there's a cost factor and that's a valid excuse but anyone who can afford to go and isn't cos it rangers or on the telly needs to have a look at themselves....

soonbe110
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Plenty Greggs open in Glasgow to spend the £2 wisely 😂

i’ll post my return train ticket on here on Sunday night. But even at your rip off price  it’s £66 to get through and back including match ticket. 

I’m fortunate enough to to have to bother about how much I spend on Sunday and will be drinking all day but in years gone by I wasn’t as fortunate and went to games on the cheap. 

If you want to go on Saturday you can go for a lot less than £100 which is why I said the poster saying it costs 100 quif to go was talking rubbish. 

Agreed but £30 doesn’t go far in Glasgow or at Hampden or at train stations in terms of food and drink for what is at least 6/7 hours. Might only spend £20-25 but that still makes it a £80-85 day out. 
Btw my train fare wasn’t a rip-off, just travelling from somewhere other than Haymarket.  Did you include your return bus fare to get to Haymarket?😂😂.  RSR’s post is good, majority of adults that go next weekend will spend at least £100 all-in. 

Edited by soonbe110

boag1874

If people aren’t going because of work/family/financial/prior engagements they can’t break, fair do’s, it’s only football at the end of the day.

If folk aren’t going cause they’re worried we’ll get beat then they might as well pack it in and follow a team like Man City or something. We aint winning the league any time soon so Semi Finals and Finals are as big as it gets, it’s what we live for as fans. If we lose we lose, but if you can’t believe even a wee bit for a one off game then why bother?

GinRummy
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed but £30 doesn’t go far in Glasgow or at Hampden or at train stations in terms of food and drink for what is at least 6/7 hours. Might only spend £20-25 but that still makes it a £80-85 day out. 
Btw my train fare wasn’t a rip-off, just travelling from somewhere other than Haymarket.  Did you include your return bus fare to get to Haymarket?😂😂.  Op’s post is good, majority of adults that go next weekend will spend at least £100 all-in. 

Getting a lift to station bud so freebie there. 😂

not saying any different regards cost of a ‘day out’ but plenty folk will be doing it on the cheap. I’ve done it myself and I wasn’t the only one and folk travelling to games at hamoden and spending as little as possible didn’t stop when I stopped doing it. 

Edited by GinRummy

Swanny17

I’m not sure having a go at fans that aren’t going is the best approach BUT I do wonder how many of these reasons will be overcome if we make the final…..

RedStarRiot
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I have in the past. Not being an Uber fan here but if I was skint and there was a semi final I wanted to go to I’d borrow the money to get there and get back. 

it doesn’t cost 100 quod to do that. 

Borrowing money to go to football games is a ridiculous suggestion. 

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Borrowing money to go to football games is a ridiculous suggestion. 

I didn’t suggest it. I said I’d done it. 

Not really any of your business what I’ve borrowed money for in the past though. 

it’s not 100 pound to get to and from the match on Sunday. 

Edited by GinRummy

58 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Imagine getting bent out of shape because someone asked why you're not going to a football match :rofl: 

That's normal behaviour.

:vrface: 

Jim_Duncan

I’m going because I expect us to lose. Helps keep my general sunny disposition and cheerfulness in check. 

William H. Bonney

I put in for 2 lieu days. The semi and the final. Couldn't get Sunday off but got the final off. Hopefully I won't have to cancel my lieu day. 

RedStarRiot
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I didn’t suggest it. I said I’d done it. 

Not really any of your business what I’ve borrowed money for in the past though. 

it’s not 100 pound to get to and from the match on Sunday. 

Then you are financially incompetent. You’re right it’s not my business and I couldn’t give 2 shits what you personally borrow money for but you implied others should do the same if they are skint based on your own experiences. You’re right it’s not but it easily can be with not much effort. 

Edited by RedStarRiot

Bad planning on my part, away to Madrid next Weds.  Even worse planning, I won't even be able to watch the match over there as I'm travelling back on the Sunday.

SwindonJambo

Live nearly 400 miles from Humpdump. I was actually at the League Cup Semi against that shower this season and was at both the home league games v Motherwell. I cannot stand being in and around OF fans on matchdays and listening to all their odious sectarian bile and usually (but not always) avoid games against them unless it's a final. I haven't been to a home league game v the Huns since Murrayfield in 2017 and the other lot the Jose Quitongo game 26 years ago.

I have however been an unbroken FoH subscriber since the beginning with no plans to ever stop.

GinRummy
7 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Then you are financially incompetent. You’re right it’s not but you implied others should do the same if they are skint based on your own experiences. You’re right it’s not but it easily can be with not much effort. 

Away and throw shite at yourself. 😂

Financially incompetent. You’re talking to a stranger on the internet, you have no idea of my financial situation. 

The truth being youve been caught out talking shite and you’re now resorting to insults.  

Edited by GinRummy

The OP should not even be given ‘excuses’.  He has no right to ask.

And,  I think he should have typed ‘reasons’ instead.

I fly to Edinburgh on Wednesday.  Because I can, and because I want to.

Mad Bad and Dangerous

I wasn't going until today when my daughters 30th birthday celebrations were moved from Sunday to Saturday the 20th.....I got my ticket faster than the leed of splight   😜😊👌

GinRummy
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

The OP should not even be given ‘excuses’.  He has no right to ask.

And,  I think he should have typed ‘reasons’ instead.

I fly to Edinburgh on Wednesday.  Because I can, and because I want to.

Good post. 

9 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Then you are financially incompetent. You’re right it’s not my business and I couldn’t give 2 shits what you personally borrow money for but you implied others should do the same if they are skint based on your own experiences. You’re right it’s not but it easily can be with not much effort. 

How bloody dare you speak to a stranger like that.  

How do you know what his/her situation is?

Edited by Morgan

5 minutes ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

I wasn't going until today when my daughters 30th birthday celebrations were moved from Sunday to Saturday the 20th.....I got my ticket faster than the leed of splight   😜😊👌

I hope the tattoo is dry in time.  👍

Aussie Jambo

Unless we get to the final v Aberdeen my user name says it all. Expensive day out plus its rather spend silly money going to Euros watching Scotland. I’ll stick to watching it on telly. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

In Tenerife for the bairns 18th.

Hope that’s acceptable 👍🏻

I'm there for my 63rd.

It'll just need to be acceptable.

50 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

If people aren’t going because of work/family/financial/prior engagements they can’t break, fair do’s, it’s only football at the end of the day.

If folk aren’t going cause they’re worried we’ll get beat then they might as well pack it in and follow a team like Man City or something. We aint winning the league any time soon so Semi Finals and Finals are as big as it gets, it’s what we live for as fans. If we lose we lose, but if you can’t believe even a wee bit for a one off game then why bother?

👏👏👏👏

1 hour ago, sac said:

Big Bernie would have been there wi the dug, both in t-shirts. Too many snowflake Jambos these days.

Is Big Bernie no longer with us? Used to see him in the BMC but not for a while now.

The Gorgie

Take the high possibility of defeat out of it and see it as a day spent with family/mates. Beers, a sing song, sare head on Monday morning, £100+ down, the mrs furious with you, a night on the sofa. Whats not to like?

Edited by The Gorgie

ShedBoy
1 hour ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Well I hope you have a double celebration on the Sunday when we get to the final 🍺🍻

Hope the bairn buys you a pint 

I’ll open the good book at genesis and pray for a miracle! 

On both counts 😁🍺

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Unless we get to the final v Aberdeen my user name says it all. Expensive day out plus its rather spend silly money going to Euros watching Scotland. I’ll stick to watching it on telly. 

How much is your train? 😂 

Thunder and Lightning

The match thread will be the usual posters who likely couldn't find Tynecastle or Hampden on a map. 

Rousset1

I'm going, but this and other threads would put me off, as I may end up sitting next to some of the numbskulls on this forum. That, and the possibility of sitting amongst a bunch of coked up dimwits Iike I had to at the final in 2022 makes me think, why do I bother?

billythejambo
6 hours ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Let's be having you , where are you? 

The club really making a big effort to sell the remaining tickets, is there a valid excuse?

Fly out to Florence on the Sunday morning, gutted to be honest 

Watt-Zeefuik

I looked and the cheapest plane tickets were $690 and involved an overnight layover at Heathrow.

martoon

My nephew and I are going but wtf has that got to do with anyone else?

I suspect few, if any, on this forum cares that we're going and the feeling is mutual. 😄

If you can make it and want to then go. If you can't or don't want to then...don't.

Fwiw, I feel Naismith's Hearts has a vibe that only comes along every so often and the 21st is going to be a great day for the club.

:flagwave:

DG_HMFC
7 hours ago, The Hogfather said:

Imagine getting bent out of shape because someone asked why you're not going to a football match :rofl: 

That's normal behaviour.

It's all very defensive.

Truth of the matter is, if it was the final, there'd be no excuses, it'd be sold out ;)

I see a fair few folk have bought into the media paranoia around our ticket sales for hampden. 🤣

1971fozzy
7 hours ago, boag1874 said:

this

RedStarRiot
7 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Away and throw shite at yourself. 😂

Financially incompetent. You’re talking to a stranger on the internet, you have no idea of my financial situation. 

The truth being youve been caught out talking shite and you’re now resorting to insults.  

7 hours ago, Morgan said:

How do you know what his/her situation is?

So saying you should borrow money to attend football is sensible? The “I’ve borrowed money” in the past line does imply that others clearly don’t want to go to the same lengths to watch their team. 

you’re right, I have no idea of your situation and I don’t really care either. I can only make assumptions based on your posts and if you say idiotic things then what do you expect? 

Been caught up talking shite? I think we’ve confirmed most folk going will be having a few drinks and food hence the additional cost. Regardless the game and transport itself if +£50. 

I’ll be getting drinks and food however so it will be around the £100 mark. 

I am going but reluctantly. Not sure or agreement getting to now.or what but can't be doing with glasgow/hampden/old firm.

Went to rangers league Cup semi final and said would neve go back.

Now going to semi this time around but more feel through duty ans right thing to do.  dreading it.

Would also say it was a obvs mistake (not hindsight. My family said from get go) demanding 50/50. Were never going to sell allocation. Think everyone on outside of club knew that.

RedStarRiot
7 hours ago, boag1874 said:

More of less this. When it’s the old firm I don’t hold many expectations however the high of if we beat them in these games can’t be matched. So I go in hope of a result and the knowledge that on our day we can beat them.

martoon
4 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

I am going but reluctantly. Not sure or agreement getting to now.or what but can't be doing with glasgow/hampden/old firm.

Went to rangers league Cup semi final and said would neve go back.

Now going to semi this time around but more feel through duty ans right thing to do.  dreading it.

It's not the short walk to the electric chair you're making, bud. 

If losing to Rangers at Hampden is the worst thing that happens to any of us on the 21st then we're laughing handbags.

RedStarRiot
9 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Would also say it was a obvs mistake (not hindsight. My family said from get go) demanding 50/50. Were never going to sell allocation. Think everyone on outside of club knew that.

Still time to go though and we’ve got decent numbers already. If we can somehow make good use of any remaining tickets to benefit those less fortunate then I’d not consider it a mistake since we will have met demand and done some good with the remainder. 

RedStarRiot
Just now, martoon said:

It's not the short walk to the electric chair you're making, bud. 

If losing to Rangers at Hampden is the worst thing that happens to any of us on the 21st then we're laughing handbags.

I strangely find it easier to take in person at games than watching on TV.