Reasons for not going to the semi?

Howdy Doody Jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

Let's be having you , where are you? 

The club really making a big effort to sell the remaining tickets, is there a valid excuse?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• RedStarRiot

• Thunder and Lightning

GinRummy

I’m going but I wish I wasnt  so I could tell the OP to **** off. 

Edited by GinRummy

If carlsberg did rivals...
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Not gone to a game in years. I struggle with crowds 

With respect, may I suggest Easter Road? No problem with crowds there 🙂

tian447

Not going because I don't fancy sharing a flight or ferry from Belfast with a bunch of the scummiest Rangers fans you could possibly imagine, all pissed up and out for a sectarian jolly. 

**** that. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

I'll be there as usual but it's nobody's business if others choose not to for whatever reason! No Hearts supporter needs to justify themselves 

corryjambo

Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m going but I wish o wasn’t so I could tell the OP to **** off. 

I will do it for you.

What a fecking cheek. I have reasons for not going but that is entirely my business and I certainly don't have to explain it to someone on this board.

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

I will do it for you.

What a fecking cheek. I have reasons for not going but that is entirely my business and I certainly don't have to explain it to someone on this board.

Is it because of anger issues? 

17 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Not going because I don't fancy sharing a flight or ferry from Belfast with a bunch of the scummiest Rangers fans you could possibly imagine, all pissed up and out for a sectarian jolly. 

**** that. 

Can't argue with that one 

corryjambo

No.

But if you did know the reason I can't go I don't think you would think that reply was as witty as you thought.

GinRummy
Just now, Sooks said:

Too much to drink 

Makes it easier to go. Intoxication advisable before playing the Huns at hampdump. 

been here before
7 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

I will do it for you.

No one says you have to explain anything, you didnt even have to open the thread let alone reply.

But here you are raging like **** :rofl:

Daktari
36 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

is there a valid excuse?

Yes there is - but I think you'll find they are 'reasons' rather than 'excuses'.

Edited by Daktari

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Makes it easier to go. Intoxication advisable before playing the Huns at hampdump. 

Semi though am I right ? Nudge nudge ;) 

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Can't make it due to work. I'm absolutely gutted it's fallen on that day, if our game had been the Saturday I'd have been there. 

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Yes there is - but I think you'll find they are 'reasons' rather than 'excuses'.

Very good point. 

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Can't make it due to work. I'm absolutely gutted it's fallen on that day, if our game had been the Saturday I'd have been there. 

You're not looking well mate. Plant the seed now. 😂 

JudyJudyJudy
29 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'll be there as usual but it's nobody's business if others choose not to for whatever reason! No Hearts supporter needs to justify themselves 

Well said 

jambo1975

For one person to go the cost of the whole day will top £100. Ticket, transport, food etc. Imagine having a family of 3/4.  Plus there are season tickets to renew. I'm sure some are choosing not to go for various reasons but when you boil it down it's an big expensive for some who might just not be able to afford it

Threedoorsdown
4 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

I can run your dog over or something for you mate?

GinRummy
1 minute ago, jambo1975 said:

For one person to go the cost of the whole day will top £100. Ticket, transport, food etc. Imagine having a family of 3/4.  Plus there are season tickets to renew. I'm sure some are choosing not to go for various reasons but when you boil it down it's an big expensive for some who might just not be able to afford it

Rubbish. 

jambo1975
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Rubbish. 

No it's literally factual. £40 a ticket, £20 transport. Then £40 on food drink (mostly drink!) 

GinRummy
Just now, jambo1975 said:

No it's literally factual. £40 a ticket, £20 transport. Then £40 on food drink (mostly drink!) 

It’s 30 a ticket and 18 for the train. If you only want to go to the game you can leave before one from Haymarket and get to hampden in plenty time for under 50 quid. 

ShedBoy
50 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

The club really making a big effort to sell the remaining tickets, is there a valid excuse?

In Tenerife for the bairns 18th.

Hope that’s acceptable 👍🏻

JimmyCant
42 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m going but I wish I wasnt  so I could tell the OP to **** off. 

I’m not going. Got something on which is more appealing and couldn’t be broken anyway. And the OP can **** off anyway. 😂 

GinRummy
3 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Sure they do flights to Glasgow from there 😂

ShedBoy
Just now, GinRummy said:

Sure they do flights to Glasgow from there 😂

🤣🍺👍🏻

been here before
5 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Literally £30 a ticket, literally about £20 for factual travel means a factual, literal, literally factual £50.

Nobody's business but their own. 

Also the idea that failing to sell out 100% can and will be used against us by the SFA so they can throw more tickets at the Weegie teams is disgusting. 

Its a neutral venue. Failing to provide both teams 50% of the tickets fails to provide a neutral venue. If one team is happy to take a lesser allocation, fine. But the starting position needs to 50/50. Its an absolutely rotten culture thats been allowed to develop from this. 

The Hogfather

Imagine getting bent out of shape because someone asked why you're not going to a football match :rofl: 

That's normal behaviour.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Holidays, working, illness, child-minding, cost, age (young and old)  etc.   Can’t blame anyone that doesn’t want to go or can’t go, it’s a personal choice based on circumstances. If we have sold 17k it’s a pretty good effort, equivalent of every season ticket holder plus a few more.   If it wasn’t for the 50/50 issue I think we would be pretty chuffed with sales to date.  Certainly as good as we have taken to a semi-final against the OF for a long, long time I suspect. Folk need to lay off those that are not going. 

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

It’s none of your effin business if people can go they will go , what you having for your tea tonight…….. aye you are right it’s none of my effin business 

Bull's-eye

Anybody not going without a reasonable excuse and i mean death in the family type reason should get their brass necks stretched at a Public Plaza hanging day.

Beave1874

I'm going but it was all reliant on my son's football teams cup final. Had that fell on same day then my son takes priority. As it is I am fortunate to afford the hospitality from Hearts.  A lot of people not in this position and a day out costs a fortune, particularly with reliant family. There are certainly more pressing priorities for people. Only time I go to this dump now is if Heart Of Midlothian are playing, complete mess of a stadium and access. Hence the hospitality, buses to the craphole with a return included. Hats off to the troops getting away from there via public transport. 

As for the opposition and their bum cheek partners.. When the chips were down over several periods in their lifetimes had crap support, appear when successful, showing my age. 

We'll beat them..:smugger:

Hmfc1965

I'm abroad and am not flying back 3 days later for the game.

I did come back early for the St Mirren LC Final.

soonbe110
19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s 30 a ticket and 18 for the train. If you only want to go to the game you can leave before one from Haymarket and get to hampden in plenty time for under 50 quid. 

Train ticket was £33, match ticket (for half decent seat in North) was £40, few  beers and something to eat in Glasgow and it’s easily £100. Mines is cheaper because my match ticket was £20 and I cant keep up with the young crew re drinking so I save a bit on that. Still an expensive day out esp if you are taking a couple of kids with you. 

GinRummy
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Train ticket was £33, match ticket (for half decent seat in North) was £40, few  beers and something to eat in Glasgow and it’s easily £100. Mines is cheaper because my match ticket was £20 and I cant keep up with the young crew re drinking so I save a bit on that. Still an expensive day out esp if you are taking a couple of kids with you. 

Train tickets aren’t that price. 

No argument though, to make a day of it you’d need to spend a decent amount but if you wanted to go to the game form Edinburgh then come home you could do it for £50. 

Travelled through with the nephew (15 at the time) for the ICT semi and spent peanuts. 

Big Bernie would have been there wi the dug, both in t-shirts. Too many snowflake Jambos these days.

Gorgie_Rules

The likelihood of getting beat. That’s the reason why we have sold 16k and not 21k.

Howdy Doody Jambo
24 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Well I hope you have a double celebration on the Sunday when we get to the final 🍺🍻

Hope the bairn buys you a pint 

Debut 4

There’s thousands that could afford to go but they just aren’t going. Simple as that.

I’ve sympathy for people who are genuinely skint or need to plan their finances well in advance and it works out they can’t free up the dosh for the game. 

For most the cost is spread over the 4,5 weeks before the game. Transport can be started to be organised for most as soon as the draw is made.  

Match tickets later, 2 and a bit weeks after the last game. 

Edited by Debut 4

RedStarRiot
37 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Rubbish. 

How’s it rubbish?

Tickets £40, train is another £20 (approx) return. 

Then a few pints 2-3  some food, around £40 odd I’d expect. Easily it can top £100 for the day out, might as well make the most of it

Source: my own costs so far and plans for in Glasgow. 

Edited by RedStarRiot

Gorgiewave

The names of everyone who doesn't go should be announced on the Club website along with their snivelling excuse. Gravely ill, working, live in Antarctica, dead, etc.

soonbe110
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Train tickets aren’t that price. 

No argument though, to make a day of it you’d need to spend a decent amount but if you wanted to go to the game form Edinburgh then come home you could do it for £50. 

Travelled through with the nephew (15 at the time) for the ICT semi and spent peanuts. 

Surely train ticket prices depend on where you are travelling from??  Mine was certainly £33, Kings Park return. 
No way you could do it for £50 unless you are a concession. Based on your previous post you are a real fun guy - going to Hampden for a semi-final and spending £2 on food, drink and entertainment. 😂😂

Maybe share where you are getting the £18 from Haymarket with everyone as it’s £19.20 cheapest on Trainline.  That’s 80p left for your peanuts😂😂

GinRummy
Just now, RedStarRiot said:

How’s it rubbish?

Tickets £40, train is another £20 (approx) return. 

Then a few pints 2-3  some food, around £40 odd I’d expect. Easily it can top £100 for the day out, might as well make the most of it

Tickets are 30 quid

It can but doesn’t have to. If you wanted to go you could do it for 50 quid.

if you want to go, get better seats, have a few pints, get something to eat, watch the game, have another few pints then aye, it’ll be more expensive than just going to the game and going home. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
5 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The likelihood of getting beat. That’s the reason why we have sold 16k and not 21k.

They can't keep beating us at Hampden we are due a win 

I never expected us to beat Celtic in the semi in 2012 

All the pressure is on the rangers