Dens Park Pitch Debacle

RustyRightPeg

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

What does the shareholders deficit mean buddy? That loss is fecking amazing. 

Good question. Presume it's loans over the year. But not clear. 

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• RustyRightPeg

• FarmerTweedy

• Rockwell

Inspection at 11.00 this morning and likely to get the go ahead. Torrential rain just after 15.00 so probably postponed by 17.00.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, JWL said:

Inspection at 11.00 this morning and likely to get the go ahead. Torrential rain just after 15.00 so probably postponed by 17.00.

Is there a contingency for this? 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Next Wednesday I believe.

indianajones
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Penalty Rangers. 

Rockwell
24 minutes ago, JWL said:

Would they not just inspect the dodgy bits then put the covers back on until.a couple of hours before kickoff 

Edited by Rockwell

Glamorgan Jambo

Given the famous email in the junk folder issue I’m just enjoying the conspiracy theories that will jump into overdrive should Dundee get a win or a draw on a ropey pitch.

Years and years ago Dens was one of the best playing surfaces in the league.

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Hopefully demotion for Dundee.:10900:

17 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Would they not just inspect the dodgy bits then put the covers back on until.a couple of hours before kickoff 

Apparently, it's pretty difficult finding bits that aren't dodgy. Don't know why they don't just keep it covered until around 5.00 and inspect it then. 

Rockwell

Apparently rangers are moaning about the inconvenience .cause they travelled up to the old course hotel in st Andrews yesterday. as it's far to far to travel from Glasgow to Dundee on a match day .life's a bitch right enough 

WASTREL
22 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Hopefully demotion for Dundee.:10900:

😄

Deevers
14 minutes ago, JWL said:

Apparently, it's pretty difficult finding bits that aren't dodgy. Don't know why they don't just keep it covered until around 5.00 and inspect it then. 

According to a neighbour who works in Dundee the pitch was described as soggy yesterday despite almost constant forking. If there is more rain today it’ll be touch and go whether it’s deemed playable or not.

alicante jambo
9 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Dundee win

Hibs bottom 6 please

No way. Dundee the email losers to lose their next 2 and motherwell to beat the world champions and thats them 2 scummy clubs in the bottom 6 motherwell taking their place. After the vote dundee arent far behind hibs in the hate catergory.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Rangers new strip for game at Dundee tonight 🤕

th-3625346528.jpg

Ron Burgundy
37 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Apparently rangers are moaning about the inconvenience .cause they travelled up to the old course hotel in st Andrews yesterday. as it's far to far to travel from Glasgow to Dundee on a match day .life's a bitch right enough 

Modern day footballers have it tough. 

42 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Turning a single 1hr 30m journey into a longer one to St Andrews then another trip from there to Dundee. 

Sigma One
17 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Rangers new strip for game at Dundee tonight 🤕

th-3625346528.jpg

A hint of sideboob there, will it be allowed especially if they lose out on the sponsorship on the sleeves? 😅

Jambo61
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think the TV deal is already doomed to failure and will never be fair or representative of the popularity of our game.

But that's a different matter entirely!

STV show english women's games prime time and nothing at all from Scotland. The other channels show what feels like wall to wall english women's, men's premier league and lower league content every weekend plus midweek games. It is a deliberate policy that can't be blamed on the GFA! The english game must thrive, how else can they lose billions every year!

theshed
1 hour ago, Rockwell said:

I was checking the English results last night and couldn’t believe those teams were playing again as they always seem to play two games a week. 

They have played 43 games so far compared to our 32 games plus think of the travelling some of those teams have to do during the winter in mid week

We have got it easy is this country for travelling 

Edited by theshed

2 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

STV show english women's games prime time and nothing at all from Scotland. The other channels show what feels like wall to wall english women's, men's premier league and lower league content every weekend plus midweek games. It is a deliberate policy that can't be blamed on the GFA! The english game must thrive, how else can they lose billions every year!

In the case of STV, they show English games because it's what ITV has on. They've no money to bid for Scottish men's games rights.

Arguably they could show something else (repeats of Take the High Road, whatever) but the viewing figures probably justify showing the English games.

Jambo61
1 minute ago, Darren said:

In the case of STV, they show English games because it's what ITV has on. They've no money to bid for Scottish men's games rights.

Arguably they could show something else (repeats of Take the High Road, whatever) but the viewing figures probably justify showing the English games.

All you have done is confirm Scotland/ Wales and NI are milked to support english content! The english premier league deserves to fail. Billions spunked every year that goes abroad on foreign transfer/ agent fees/ wages/ foreign owners etc! As for viewing figures for women's english games....really!

Would it not beneficial to us if its off as it will have to be played next week so they have a game midweek before the semi. 

2 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Would it not beneficial to us if its off as it will have to be played next week so they have a game midweek before the semi. 

That and a large fine for Dundee. 😄

9 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

All you have done is confirm Scotland/ Wales and NI are milked to support english content! The english premier league deserves to fail. Billions spunked every year that goes abroad on foreign transfer/ agent fees/ wages/ foreign owners etc! As for viewing figures for women's english games....really!

All I've done is tried to explain the STV/ITV situation. My guess is showing an English game (men's, women's, whatever) will bring in more viewers that repeats. I don't think STV have anything to gain from showing English games otherwise.

I also hope that one day the English Premier League suffers a massive financial implosion, there's signs of it going that way.

Der Kaiser

I thought Kettlewell hit the nail on the head in his pre match comment before the Dundee game.

Motherwell knew they had a dodgy pitch and invested heavily to get it better. Those were funds that could have been used on players and wages.....Dundee have adopted the opposite approach.

I'd fine the feck out of them or make the games at the other teams venue for repeated failures to have a playable pitch.

Or it could be Celtics fault as Dundee clearly have to run things past them first......

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Thought that before the Scottish Cup final when the played uefa Cup final few days before and went to extra time aswell

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Thought that before the Scottish Cup final when the played uefa Cup final few days before and went to extra time aswell

Would hope we have a better gameplan than we did in that match.

Rockwell

Now steady rain falling in Dundee . interesting to see what happens this afternoon 🤔

GorgieFifeLife

Pitch could be fine at the 3.30 inspection but unplayable by kick off time.  They will give it every chance to go ahead but at the detriment of fans who might be at the ground before it’s called off.  

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, Darren said:

Turning a single 1hr 30m journey into a longer one to St Andrews then another trip from there to Dundee. 

And major roadworks on the Tay Bridge so why risk coming from St Andrews, better just heading to the game or if they wanted a jolly a hotel near Perth.

Rockwell
1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

And major roadworks on the Tay Bridge so why risk coming from St Andrews, better just heading to the game or if they wanted a jolly a hotel near Perth.

You would think they would have learnt from the last time .kick off was held up to 8-30 due to traffic hold up on the bridge.the bridge is getting a full resurface and it's about a years work to do both carriageways

The Treasurer

If this goes ahead I really hope that a key moment affecting the result is as a direct result of the state of the pitch. 

The fallout could be very entertaining 

joondalupjambo
Just now, Rockwell said:

You would think they would have learnt from the last time .kick off was held up to 8-30 due to traffic hold up on the bridge.the bridge is getting a full resurface and it's about a years work to do both carriageways

Last week, one week day around 4pm there was a break down on the single lane of the bridge going north which resulted in 5 mile tail backs.  If that happened again boom another delay to the kick off time.

Ron Burgundy
Just now, The Treasurer said:

If this goes ahead I really hope that a key moment affecting the result is as a direct result of the state of the pitch. 

That would be lovely.

Or possibly abandonment with Rangers a few goals ahead.

heartsfc_fan

Lets hope Dundee win and confine Hibs to bottom 6 and some key Rangers players get injured :pleasing:

Turkishcap
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Lets hope Dundee win and confine Hibs to bottom 6 and some key Rangers players get injured :pleasing:

Ooh you are awful....but I like you.

Sherbet
2 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

No way. Dundee the email losers to lose their next 2 and motherwell to beat the world champions and thats them 2 scummy clubs in the bottom 6 motherwell taking their place. After the vote dundee arent far behind hibs in the hate catergory.

agreed    dundee to be winning and well to score twice in the last 7 minutes...spittal and halliday

theshed

I’m in dundee as we speak and it’s pissing down 

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think the TV deal is already doomed to failure and will never be fair or representative of the popularity of our game.

But that's a different matter entirely!

1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

I hate to break it to you both but Scottish football just isn't popular. 

I was at Chelsea Vs Arsenal women's a few weeks back and it had a bigger crowd than any team outside the old firm will have all season in Scotland.

The media won't pay big bucks for our game as nobody outside of Scotland wants to watch it.

jr ewing
38 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

They'll probably put in a plastic pitch. 

jr ewing
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

I thought Kettlewell hit the nail on the head in his pre match comment before the Dundee game.

Motherwell knew they had a dodgy pitch and invested heavily to get it better. Those were funds that could have been used on players and wages.....Dundee have adopted the opposite approach.

I'd fine the feck out of them or make the games at the other teams venue for repeated failures to have a playable pitch.

Or it could be Celtics fault as Dundee clearly have to run things past them first......

Another plastic pitch?

Ron Burgundy
12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I hate to break it to you both but Scottish football just isn't popular. 

I was at Chelsea Vs Arsenal women's a few weeks back and it had a bigger crowd than any team outside the old firm will have all season in Scotland.

The media won't pay big bucks for our game as nobody outside of Scotland wants to watch it.

Genuine question, how much were the tickets for the women's game?

Jambo-Fox
26 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

All of the above and add that match tonight is postponed and it’s played next Wednesday before the semi ..

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

11am inspection proving to be worthwhile 

That looks like a ref under pressure to get the game on. Every other time I've seen a ref do an inspection he throws the ball up to see how it bounces, to imitate how the ball moves in a game. He also rolls the ball along the pitch to see how it travels. Here he throws it down with force from a height of 3 feet which will significantly improve the bounce. The one time he drops it rather than throws it, it stops dead with no bounce.

Also interesting that there is suddenly the option to play next midweek with no investigation to playing it tomorrow at a neutral ground behind closed doors. Makes you wonder why that option needed explored for the Motherwell game and what could possibly be different about this game.

Heart of Darkness
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

That looks like a ref under pressure to get the game on. Every other time I've seen a ref do an inspection he throws the ball up to see how it bounces, to imitate how the ball moves in a game. He also rolls the ball along the pitch to see how it travels. Here he throws it down with force from a height of 3 feet which will significantly improve the bounce. The one time he drops it rather than throws it, it stops dead with no bounce.

Also interesting that there is suddenly the option to play next midweek with no investigation to playing it tomorrow at a neutral ground behind closed doors. Makes you wonder why that option needed explored for the Motherwell game and what could possibly be different about this game.

The ball will be one of the plastic ones with an elastic attached to a ring on his finger!! 😆😆

Saint Jambo
6 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Genuine question, how much were the tickets for the women's game?

****OFF TOPIC POST****

It was the League Cup final. The crowd was 21k. (Although it was played between two London clubs at Molineux which seems bonkers.)

Tickets were £15/20 for adults, £5 for children, £7 for students and 65+. Plus group discounts.

The sensible comparison for that match isn't what do non-OF teams get for league matches, but what would a Hearts v Aberdeen cup final get. To which the answer is 50k+ with tickets twice as expensive.

While women's teams like Arsenal have had impressive 60k crowds for the few games a season they play at the Emirates (with adult tickets from £12). They also regularly play home games in front of under 4k. (E.g. crowd for Arsenal v Man City in Feb was 3,496.)

That isn't an attempt to do down the women's game, which has had impressive growth. But let's not pretend English women's football has already surpassed Scottish men's football in appeal and revenue.