Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• RustyRightPeg

• FarmerTweedy

• Rockwell

luckydug
1 hour ago, Peakybunnet said:

Why not, we could make up the £90k we are losing on semi final ticket sales 

Thought it was to be behind closed doors.

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Thought it was to be behind closed doors.

They still have to hire the stadium. 

The Treasurer

I see that "expert pundit"  Chris Sutton says it could disadvantage sellik if scumdee have nothing to play for when they play sevco. 

If he took a minute to check he would realise that, regardless of the weekend results, they can still make the top six by beating sevco. 

ford donald
10 hours ago, Homme said:

Since its Dundee I'd rather we told them to go take a flying ****

Well said.

Horatio Caine
10 hours ago, Homme said:

Since its Dundee I'd rather we told them to go take a flying ****

Yeah - Budge could send Nelms a `so sorry John` email

alicante jambo
30 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Or send one saying sorry john already sent an email it must have got lost somewhere this one may be too late.

highlandjambo3
34 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

But the e mail arrives late, they turn up to play, Budge says “didn’t you get the e mail?  ah well, never mind, I’ll send”

ps I should have read the post above 😁

Edited by highlandjambo3

Gundermann
15 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Tynecastle being considered if Dens unplayable next week, along with Easter Road and St Johnstone.

Please say no. 😁

Am fine with this. Makes us money and reminds the likes of McCall what a gem we have at Tynecastle.  Closed doors too so no Huns to soil the place.

Rick Sanchez

Offer to hold the game behind closed doors but they can forfeit the semi final ticket cash that's due.

Done 👍

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Offer to hold the game behind closed doors but they can forfeit the semi final ticket cash that's due.

Done 👍

League is SPFL, Cup is SFA.

RustyRightPeg
17 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Tynecastle being considered if Dens unplayable next week, along with Easter Road and St Johnstone.

Please say no. 😁

Hibs wouldn't let Rangers play there, given their soured relationship.

I wouldn't be overly happy if we let it happen.

St Johnstone is nailed on IMO. Although it might knacker their pitch, so who knows.

18 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Please say no. 😁

Am I missing something? Isn't there a perfectly playable surface around 50ft away from Dens park?

RustyRightPeg
Just now, ericb said:

Am I missing something? Isn't there a perfectly playable surface around 50ft away from Dens park?

VAR related I think. 

And I don't think United want to help them.

5 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Hibs wouldn't let Rangers play there, given their soured relationship.

I wouldn't be overly happy if we let it happen.

St Johnstone is nailed on IMO. Although it might knacker their pitch, so who knows.

If we were rewarded handsomely. Let Dundee use Tynie in exchange for Cameron and McCowan at the end of the season.

Seems a fair deal :whistling:

On 11/04/2024 at 17:49, frankblack said:

That is a non-starter.  Clubs who have invested in their own pitches would effectively be disadvantaged financially.

It should be a strict condition of Premiership clubs to have this in place or they are either denied promotion or demoted if already there.

But that happened to clubs who forked out for a 10k all-seated stadium before (Inverness I think) moaned about it and they changed it.

On 11/04/2024 at 18:38, neilnunb said:

Please say no. 😁

But… but…. according to Iain McColl our pitch “isn’t great either” ….

frankblack
34 minutes ago, FWJ said:

But that happened to clubs who forked out for a 10k all-seated stadium before (Inverness I think) moaned about it and they changed it.

I get your point, however having working undersoil heating and adequate draimage were still required.

How many games have been postponed at Dens vs Tannadice.  I'd be interested in seeing those stats for the past say 5 or 10 years.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I get your point, however having working undersoil heating and adequate draimage were still required.

How many games have been postponed at Dens vs Tannadice.  I'd be interested in seeing those stats for the past say 5 or 10 years.

I agree - but just noting that the football authorities here are no strangers to expediency.

gorgierulesapply88

In amateur football if a pitch is unplayable 3 times the tie is reversed.

SectionDJambo
23 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I see that "expert pundit"  Chris Sutton says it could disadvantage sellik if scumdee have nothing to play for when they play sevco. 

If he took a minute to check he would realise that, regardless of the weekend results, they can still make the top six by beating sevco. 

Just like it disadvantaged us to have Celtic playing a team with nothing to play for, and the likes of McGarvey playing in that team, in 1986.

neilnunb

Dens has passed latest pitch inspection so should be fine for tomorrow

On 12/04/2024 at 19:25, frankblack said:

Seen from twitter for what's that's worth, since the last postponement at Tannadice there have been 14 at dens

frankblack
18 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Seen from twitter for what's that's worth, since the last postponement at Tannadice there have been 14 at dens

That was kind of what I suspected.

Undersoil heating doesn't work when its cold and pitch can't handle any rain.

RustyRightPeg
51 minutes ago, Hesh said:

That's bonkers.

Pasquale for King

Clement really using this to try and deflect from their poor performances these last few weeks. 

RustyRightPeg
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Clement really using this to try and deflect from their poor performances these last few weeks. 

He's cracking. 

I remember reading Monaco fan reactions when he got the Rangers job and they were very, very critical. I'm actually starting to see parts of this showing through.

Rangers don't have a defined style of play, they're extremely direct. On Sunday it was to a fault, County dealt with it and bypassed them with ease. This was a common theme in these Monaco fans online, no style of play, no tactics. They also mentioned his deflection tactics, which wore thin on them eventually and he became exposed. Anything other than a convincing win tonight and he'll start to feel the sweat dripping off of his baldy napper. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
44 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He's cracking. 

I can't imagine the Huns will have been too enamoured with his comments about celebrating a home draw with Celtic. That's up there with Montgomery's 20 seconds from jubilation comment.

Clement's reign, so far, has mirrored his predecessor's, and will probably end in a similar way.

Gundermann
On 16/04/2024 at 12:29, neilnunb said:

Dens has passed latest pitch inspection so should be fine for tomorrow

Talk of getting Dundee to compensate Sky for paying out on postponed games. Not against that but on the other hand, Sky can get tae **** if all they want to broadcast is Sevco or Celtic.

Horatio Caine
On 16/04/2024 at 12:56, frankblack said:

That was kind of what I suspected.

Undersoil heating doesn't work when its cold and pitch can't handle any rain.

Dunno...you could turn up the thermostat and boil off the excess water.

Pasquale for King

Clearly the pitch was a leveller, they’re living in Clements head rent free 😆

RustyRightPeg

Dundee been fined £186K for the issues with the pitch. £120K of which suspended until the end of the season.

Saint Jambo
54 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Dundee been fined £186K for the issues with the pitch. £120K of which suspended until the end of the season.

The end of next season, which makes more sense.

escobri
46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So just a slap on the wrist. 

If they have 1 home fixture next season postponed due to a waterlogged pitch then they have to pay up, slap on the wrist? Quite funny though 🤣 

ToadKiller Dog

Have they been given a deadline to actually fix the issue ? That would be more sensible than fines 

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

End of next season it is*

Oda be a JT

Suspended until next season…not payable, unless there is a breach of rules - which I’d take as one more call off and your hit with the full whack.

Edited by Oda be a JT

kingantti1874

Maybe make them more amenable to a cheeky bid for mccowan or Cameron 

kingantti1874

Basically they’ve been given the summer to sort it.  To sort it properly will cost  a fair whack.  What did we spend on the pitch £1.1million? 

they could invest in rain covers

King Of The Cat Cafe

I remember turning up at Tynecastle several years ago, after travelling several hours, to find the game was off because the pitch was unplayable.

So, it can happen occasionally, but it does seem that Dundee have been serial offenders the in pitch (lack of) maintenance stakes.

As my Irish granny would have said "hell rub it up them".

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I remember turning up at Tynecastle several years ago, after travelling several hours, to find the game was off because the pitch was unplayable.

So, it can happen occasionally, but it does seem that Dundee have been serial offenders the in pitch (lack of) maintenance stakes.

As my Irish granny would have said "hell rub it up them".

that’s why we dug it up and replaced the whole lot.  Including the drainage