Dens Park Pitch Debacle

RustyRightPeg

10 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Hope Somone mentions how well it worked out for us the last time. That would be a fascinating and insightful post... 

Youre such a wee huffy guy Sparkles :lol: 

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• RustyRightPeg

• FarmerTweedy

• Pasquale for King

redjambo
4 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

Anyone else remember the neglect and unprofessionalism displayed by The Rangers on January 16th 2015 with match v Us abandoned after 24 mins due to snow covered pitch!  Undersoil heating bill too high for those mutants plus a lack of volunteer fans to help clear the pitch in time.... Hypocrites!

Bloody hell, was it that long ago?

But yes, hypocritical in the extreme.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

Anyone else remember the neglect and unprofessionalism displayed by The Rangers on January 16th 2015 with match v Us abandoned after 24 mins due to snow covered pitch!  Undersoil heating bill too high for those mutants plus a lack of volunteer fans to help clear the pitch in time.... Hypocrites!

You can say that again.

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

Jeez. 9 years ago. I remember it well. I was watching with another Jambo on a tablet in France.

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

How many games at Tannadice have been postponed this season? Genuine question not trying to be a smart arse

5 minutes ago, kila said:

5 point deduction so they’re bottom 6 and get on with the split fixtures after this weekend. 

That sounds reasonable to me. They could have talked to at least six or seven other clubs who are relatively close and could have staged the fixture.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

I thought they weren't allowed to show our games at the same time as Champions League.

I’m sure that was the case but they must have changed the rules.

Mikey1874
11 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

How many games at Tannadice have been postponed this season? Genuine question not trying to be a smart arse

Last postponed game at Tannadice was 2012.

DG_HMFC
19 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Full of excuses What a lot of pish, climate change emergency record rainfall over Dens but Tannadice over the street doesn't have an issue with the weather 

Exactly. Someone should be asking him that exact question.

16 minutes ago, martoon said:

It could have been switched to Tannadice tonight.

Same city, same street, same stewards, same police (standing by doing nothing) a small fee for United, roughly the same of the fine coming Dundee's way...why not?

Aye, the SPFL will quote rules and regs...but they, and the SFA, were quick to ditch all that 5h1te when Covid first struck. 

Tannadice doesn't have VAR

briever
3 hours ago, kila said:

Shame Scotland will never get funds to rebuild Hampden like England did with Wembley.

We can blame the state of Scottish football all we like but we're always getting the short straw when it comes to UK investment.

Not to mention the public money the Taffs got for the Millennium stadium.

As soon as there is no way Hibs can benefit from any of this , I hope Dundee get absolutely hammered 

briever
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

As soon as there is no way Hibs can benefit from any of this , I hope Dundee get absolutely hammered 

😂

4 minutes ago, briever said:

😂

Just being honest . Both can **** off ! Then I hope Rangers come out of this season with a single league cup to show for it 

Jambo92

For the greater good of scottish football they should get top 6 football and then be relegated to League 2 in the summer - that's where their pitch belongs.

Gundermann
26 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Climate change hasn't reached that part of the world yet.

Guess The Crowd
22 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You can say that again.

😁

Gundermann
11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

782578789c60ff95c9f9db701dfac609.gif

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
17 minutes ago, jb66 said:

Can they not just pretend that they do and give any decisions to the Huns, anyway?

Rockwell
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So what. They knew they had a shocking pitch, to go with their shocking stadium, and neglected to do the basic tasks to ensure that the game would go ahead. They spent money on players that should have gone to infrastructure. 

If it wasn't for possibility of assisting Hibs and Livingston (and their pathetic plastic pitch), I'd deduct all points they've earned and relegate them.

Would be pleasing to see DFC and their slimeball of a chairman demoted after a vote from fellow clubs.

So what ? The point is they have got away with a delapitated stadium and a  paddy field of a pitch for way to long. hammer them with a huge fine and a big points deduction . They can stick their new stadium idea where the sun don't shine .even if that gets the go ahead . its years away from even getting started 

1874robbo
2 hours ago, SM Sheffield said:

No doubt they will still complain about it.

But I agree that was pretty embarrassing that they looked fitter and hungrier in extra time in that game despite their travel and extra work 

Spot on,It was, they looked way ahead of us fitness wise 

tian447
40 minutes ago, martoon said:

Same city, same street, same stewards, same police (standing by doing nothing) a small fee for United, roughly the same of the fine coming Dundee's way...why not?

Aye, the SPFL will quote rules and regs...but they, and the SFA, were quick to ditch all that 5h1te when Covid first struck. 

Imagine Hibs rocked up with the begging tin out, asking to play their "home" game at Tynecastle..

I'd hope we would tell them to get so far to **** they wouldn't be able to find their way back :lol:

busbyfth
43 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

and we were all over them for that first part - and if memory serves - the replay had CL/RN practising for the Premier by trying to be more negative/careful and we got a doing......Not required, and paved the way for our away matches for a pretty similar long period with our tactics proven to be hopeless away from home - Thanks CL/RN

3 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

oh my days :jj_facepalm:

Feel for them.

Their fixtures coincided with storms !

🫣

Guy will watch that interview back and reach for the single malt !

Oh dear !

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, jb66 said:

Had it last season?

busbyfth
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Imagine Hibs rocked up with the begging tin out, asking to play their "home" game at Tynecastle..

I'd hope we would tell them to get so far to **** they wouldn't be able to find their way back :lol:

Yep - grounds busy that night - already booked for giving the seats a dust

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Had it last season?

I Guess the equipment got removed when they got relegated 

busbyfth
21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just being honest . Both can **** off ! Then I hope Rangers come out of this season with a single league cup to show for it 

👍🍺

joondalupjambo
31 minutes ago, jb66 said:

See you and your like you need to stop posing facts.  JKB s es not like that 🤣

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

New culprit found 

Not really a culprit and those saying its not the Tories fault they haven’t exactly helped the problem of climate change. 
They will still be getting a fine for disrupting the Rangers, shame. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, jb66 said:

I Guess the equipment got removed when they got relegated 

Probably 

Rockwell
39 minutes ago, jb66 said:

Don't think Airdrie has VAR but was that not an SPFL option for the Dundee v Motherwell if it had failed last weekend 

jock _turd

Quoting avreage rainfall is no excuse for having to postpone football matches. I am not about to call for severe retribution on Dundee but to quote annual rainfall as a mitigation is just nonesense, all clubs have had to cope with these circumstances the problem lies with the drainage at Dens Park not a 35% increase in average annual rainfall😂

joondalupjambo

Rangers fans flares would have got wet in the rain.  Cannae afford belts to keep them up off the ground.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Rangers fans flares would have got wet in the rain.  Cannae afford belts to keep them up off the ground.

I said a few days ago that It may have dried out that wet part 😆

Pasquale for King
Just now, Gorgie_Rules said:

Any word on when they will attempt to replay?

Next week 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, jb66 said:

Does that matter?  We have some Scottish Cup games with VAR, some without so there is a precedent set for this, albeit with a different governing body.  

soonbe110
1 hour ago, martoon said:

No var at Tannadice 

redjambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting 

maxresdefault.jpg

alicante jambo
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting 

Thats got to be a wind up surely? 

escobri
1 hour ago, jamboiain13 said:

This game was a farce, a charade of a match to avoid a possible riot by Rangers fans.

Mikey1874
Just now, alicante jambo said:

Thats got to be a wind up surely? 

3rd best team in Scotland should be treated with respect.

alicante jambo
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

3rd best team in Scotland should be treated with respect.

Lol they pricks wanting dundee to get a points deduction mate. But hibs just need to remember the way they voted when they go on about sporting integrity.

Swanny17
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting 

Won’t matter a jot if Hibs lose on Saturday or Dundee win on Saturday. FTH. 

Swanny17
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting 

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Losing at home to St Johnstone hasn't downed their confidence.