Dexter

innerjambo

vegas-voss

In Scotland we still think as fullback as defend first but the reality is the other way around now.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

• ShedBoy

innerjambo
42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think Naismith has told him to defend first.

Yeah probably. It's a pity though, as he's naturally an attacking wing back. Possibly even a winger somewhere down the line. There's definitely a talent there. 

Mikey1874
27 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Shocking for the goal today,absolutely zero desire to get a block in .

Here it is

Young, inexperienced, inconsistent? 

I'm not shocked. A cracking prospect. 

Ricardo Quaresma

Poor goal to concede and failure at all points

Chuck Berry
36 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And what does that prove?  Loads of shite players have played in World Cups.  Jason Cummings has too!  

Sigh, apparently Dexter will play at a higher level than Atkinson ever will. I'm just pointing out that Atkinson has already played at the highest level.

Doc Rob

Defensively it was a terrible goal to lose and Dexter wasn’t the only one at fault.

I actually thought he played well in the first half. The trouble is that he has a terrible habit of switching off. He did it several times today and we’re lucky it only cost us once. The trouble is that Atkinson is exactly the same!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

He was 100% culpable for the goal today, it wasn't even a 50/50, it was probably 70/30 in his favour and he didn't win it. Great finish but the boy should never have had the chance. Really poor. 

I understand Atkinson isn't fully fit but surely we'd be better off with Sibbick at RB instead of Lembikisa. 

johnking123

Naismith wants to play with two CB next season for all apart from big games. We will get a RB.

Go for it 1308
55 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

To quote yourself 

You clearly have a ridiculous agenda against him

👍🏻

Cmon mate...he gave up defending at his first attempt to nick the ball and then he backed off  and watched him get the shot off..that was bad, and he'll know it

hearts00
23 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Poor goal to concede and failure at all points

Well kind of. It was still a wonder strike. 

innerjambo
11 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Cmon mate...he gave up defending at his first attempt to nick the ball and then he backed off  and watched him get the shot off..that was bad, and he'll know it

This 100%

Looks like a prospect when going forward , bombscare at the back. Wouldn’t be an upgrade on Atkinson, who I would personally like to see moved on as well and a decent right back brought in 

Ricardo Quaresma
18 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Well kind of. It was still a wonder strike. 

Hardly call it that

Fozzyonthefence
40 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Sigh, apparently Dexter will play at a higher level than Atkinson ever will. I'm just pointing out that Atkinson has already played at the highest level.

That wasn’t my post but was pretty obvious it was a reference to what leagues they could potentially play in.  I guess Atkinson and Cummings have both played at a higher level than George Best or Ryan Giggs then?  

Dexter plays for Jamaica so there’s a chance he’ll play in a World Cup finals but still won’t prove anything.  

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, fila said:

Looks like a prospect when going forward , bombscare at the back. Wouldn’t be an upgrade on Atkinson, who I would personally like to see moved on as well and a decent right back brought in 

Both need moved on (and I think Sibbick will go too) so we need to bring in two RBS.  

merrymac
35 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Poor header from Kent to start with and then Dexter was indecisive when it mattered. There was another Killie  player on the outside which drew his attention enough to give Watkins space to finish

A poor goal all round from our point of view

Romulus
56 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Poor header from Kent put us under pressure

It was. Although we barely won any second balls all game. Beni aside, the midfield was non-existent.

innerjambo

It was a good strike of the ball, with nobody obstructing him, as they stood off and watched him hit it.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I would play him as a sub right winger late on in games as defending is something he struggles with and he gets sloppy with his distribution too many times. The only down side with that is Oda is tasked with coming on to liven up the right wing in games right now and today apart usually does fairly well in that aspect.

Gorgiewave

Dexter looked good to begin with and changed the game against Dundee at home, but then seemed to catch the sideways-and-backwards-passing virus. Since then he's looked dodgy in defence and ineffective going forward. Still young, of course, but I wouldn't be looking to sign him.

Atkinson and Cochrane are less than convincing either.

Bring back Frail and McKinlay, please.

Chris72
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Poor header from Kent to start with and then Dexter was indecisive when it mattered. There was another Killie  player on the outside which drew his attention enough to give Watkins space to finish

A poor goal all round from our point of view

I agree Dexter was indecisive, probably due to the player on the outside of him. i thought it was the centre-back,  not sure who it was, who should have closed him down.  

merrymac
Just now, Chris72 said:

I agree Dexter was indecisive, probably due to the player on the outside of him. i thought it was the centre-back,  not sure who it was, who should have closed him down.  

Yep I think Dexter was looking for the CB to block him but a little hesitation is all that’s required and the balls in the net unfortunately 

JimmyCant
1 hour ago, Chaps said:

It’s a no from me. Just not seeing it.

Natty is much better than him.

Neither of them are reliable enough as RB in a back 4. Neither of them are good enough defensively. Been needing fixed for what ? 3 years now ?

Maple Leaf
27 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Hardly call it that

I agree.  It was a well-placed shot.

Chuck Berry
22 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That wasn’t my post but was pretty obvious it was a reference to what leagues they could potentially play in.  I guess Atkinson and Cummings have both played at a higher level than George Best or Ryan Giggs then?  

Dexter plays for Jamaica so there’s a chance he’ll play in a World Cup finals but still won’t prove anything.  

No it wasn't, it was about "levels" and a World Cup Finals tournament is about the highest level you can get in football. That's what I was answering and yes, quite conceivably Dexter could get there, but he hasn't yet. 

As for league levels will he play at a higher level than Atkinson? come back in 5 or 6 years and we'll get a better idea. If I was a betting man, I doubt it.

innerjambo
16 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Dexter looked good to begin with and changed the game against Dundee at home, but then seemed to catch the sideways-and-backwards-passing virus. Since then he's looked dodgy in defence and ineffective going forward. Still young, of course, but I wouldn't be looking to sign him.

This 100%

I am willing to cut the youngster some slack today, he just returned from international duty a long ways away and there is this:

38 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Both need moved on (and I think Sibbick will go too) so we need to bring in two RBS.  

Totally agree , although i am not sure we will shift Atkinson 

cosanostra
6 hours ago, Gambo said:

Not what we need. 

Exactly what I was going to post. No idea what he was thinking about for the Killie goal. Really weird decision making and positioning.

davemclaren

I don't think we have to worry to much about next season. Dexter isn't going to be our player. 

gregzy2k7

Not the answer imo,

Looks decent going forward but really not a lot of composure whilst defending,

He looks nervous when players run at him,

We need another RB/RWB in the "Michael Smith" mould,

Does Peterborough have any decent right backs at the minute?

Edited by gregzy2k7

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

When did he play in the Champions league? Cumdog played in the WC ffs.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Not the answer imo,

Looks decent going forward but really not a lot of composure whilst defending,

He looks nervous when players run at him,

We need another RB/RWB in the "Michael Smith" mould,

Does Peterborough have any decent right backs at the minute?

Someone who cant pass forward, cross or create chances? We need a better quality player than him. 

Fozzyonthefence
7 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

No it wasn't, it was about "levels" and a World Cup Finals tournament is about the highest level you can get in football. That's what I was answering and yes, quite conceivably Dexter could get there, but he hasn't yet. 

As for league levels will he play at a higher level than Atkinson? come back in 5 or 6 years and we'll get a better idea. If I was a betting man, I doubt it.

Playing in a World Cup finals is as much to do with which country you are fortunate / unfortunate to represent whereas playing in the best league in the world isn’t.  You can be the best player in the world but never play in a World Cup.  Dexter has already been signed and played for a club who are in the best league in the world but I’m quite confident Atkinson never will be.  

I really don’t care what ‘level’ people think players may reach. I will them all on when in maroon.
Yesterday Dexter had a very poor game in all respects and I thought he might have been hooked earlier. Not better than Atkinson for me so far. 

10 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

He's mince. Atkinson isn't much better. Rangers will target that side that's for sure. 

Yep, they targeted Atkinson in the the last game at Hamden and again recently at Ibrox and will do the same in the Semi. He was completely out his depth in both games.

This will also be the case if either Dexter or Toby play as they aren’t any better defensively - a RB who can defend has to be a priority again in the next widow.

johnking123

Dexter will be in be in division 1 or 2 in England. Will never make it as he has never learnt anything. Keeps making same mistakes. But file under Sibbick.

John Findlay
10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Here it is

An excellent finish from Watkins though.

boag1874

I’d keep him if we can get him 

without breaking the bank, only 20 and deffo has talent there, he’s very raw and there’s things to work on but I like him

johnking123
24 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I’d keep him if we can get him 

without breaking the bank, only 20 and deffo has talent there, he’s very raw and there’s things to work on but I like him

No point, he is not any better than we have and is not even ours.  Loans are only worth it if they are way better than we have.

boag1874
17 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

No point, he is not any better than we have and is not even ours.  Loans are only worth it if they are way better than we have.

I mean I’d keep him permanently, he’s only 20 and theres talent there, has had some excellent games including against Celtic as well as a few howlers but young players can be inconsistent. I think he has a higher ceiling than our other options 

johnking123
7 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I mean I’d keep him permanently, he’s only 20 and theres talent there, has had some excellent games including against Celtic as well as a few howlers but young players can be inconsistent. I think he has a higher ceiling than our other options 

As a winger. He ain't a right back or wingback. Be to expensive, so big no for me.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I don’t think Celtic is representative tbh against 10 men other than that he was poor yesterday and got hooked against Motherwell also where natty was an upgrade.

if you want to look at a game against Celtic look at the away fixture in December where natty Atkinson was unbelievably good.  

Why he can’t to that consistently I don’t know.  For every good performance sometimes he’s ****ing miles of it as well.

Strain (if fit) / Armstrong should be the targets imo.  Completely rebuild the right side 

Clerry Jambo
10 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

Said exactly the same thing at the game, oh for a Stevie frail