Dexter

innerjambo

Corstorphine Jambo
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think he’s as Celtic as they come, properly loved getting it right up us when he scored against us a couple of years ago. 

There are a dearth of options though so know why you highlighted him.  

Yeah. At 25 he’s probably at a crossroads in his career. Retire with loads of medals (which he will already have) but with relatively few games. No idea of his contract position. Just a thought!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

• ShedBoy

ShedBoy
10 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Couldn't tackle a fish supper today, and going forward offered nothing. Should have been hooked long before he was and perhaps we may not have conceded. Atkinson has to be RB for the remainder.

Stick 2 pencils up your nose and say wibble. Atkinson won a watch pulling on our beautiful shirt. Get him binned asap.

Corstorphine Jambo
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Don't like ralston - big red flag no from me 👎

Fair enough. Safe to say you won’t be on your own!

Chuck Berry
Just now, ShedBoy said:

Stick 2 pencils up your nose and say wibble. Atkinson won a watch pulling on our beautiful shirt. Get him binned asap.

Nonsense. Atkinson can at least defend and get tight to his man. Dexter opens the door for him and is never a right back in a million years.

Natty keeps the shirt until the end of the season,  Dexter goes back to Wolves.

Chuck Berry
15 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Tin hat on - Tony Ralston barely plays at Celtic. Wages of course probably biggest stumbling block. I wonder if he’d at some point want to play more football than he is ever likely to play at Celtic?

Not the worst shout.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Fair enough. Safe to say you won’t be on your own!

👍

ShedBoy
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Nonsense. Atkinson can at least defend and get tight to his man. Dexter opens the door for him and is never a right back in a million years.

Natty keeps the shirt until the end of the season,  Dexter goes back to Wolves.

No he can’t  

SectionG

None of our 2 RB’s work in a 4 as defending is the weakest part of both their games. We desperately need to bring in a RB, I’d prefer 2 and get rid of the 2 we currently have, but if we have to keep one it’ll be Atkinson as he’s contracted to ourselves. I think Dexter has the better potential as a player, but we don’t have space for a project that will impact the development of youngsters coming through especially as he will cost money too that I’d rather spend on getting a RB starter of a higher calibre and potentially keeping money in the budget to get Shanks signed.

ToadKiller Dog

Likely hasn't played much if at all against scottish hoofball that he faced today during his early years playing football  .

Today was difficult game for him.

Only 20 he ain't going to be great all the time ,much better player than Atkinson .

His future is a championship potentially a premiership player in England .

EH11 2NL

He's pish. Worse than Sibbick, who can play well in-between the disasters. 

Dia Liom

Bloody hell are people on here harsh. Not a great game for a young player but he has been good for us overall. Nobody was amazing today.

Think we should get a RB in if poss but I’d be happy with either Lem or Atkinson as cover. 

hmfc_liam06
35 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

He’s better than what we have. However we need 2 new RB’s to start next season.  Dexter should be returned, Atkinson should be released. 

He really isn't.

Ricardo Quaresma

I would love us to get Handa, I think he'll be a big hit

upgotheheads
16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Not got the hype with him.

id rather stick with Atkinson.

Atkinson was more of a threat in the 15 minutes he was on than the 75 than Dexter got.

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Who is better?

Atkinson.

Not much in it but he is. He's also ours so I'd far rather we focussed on trying to improve him than Dexter.

Philfigo

Atkinson everytime for me as he is our player. Dexter is a liability, yes he scored on his debut v Dundee and had a descent game but he also fell over his own feet and you got the feeling he didnt really know what he was going to do either beat the man or give it away easily. Dexter and Cochrane are looking like our weak points in the team. 

Scott Leitch

He's mince. Atkinson isn't much better. Rangers will target that side that's for sure. 

ShedBoy

This place is mental.

4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Atkinson.

Not much in it but he is. He's also ours so I'd far rather we focussed on trying to improve him than Dexter.

Thanks mate. I’m out. Have a great weekend 👍🏻

Der Kaiser

I think he's a decent player and will do quite well. He's only 20 so plenty of time to mature into a better RWB/RB. He stood off defenders a couple of times today and one of them cost us. Seems uncomfortable heading the ball.

It was an unfortunate mistake today when he'd had a decent game up until then and he looked nervous after that. He's shown when he goes forward confidently he can be dangerous and skilful. 

I find it hard to be too critical due to his young age and inexperience in the Scottish game. For long times in recent history we've moaned about not having full backs that can add to an attack. 

upgotheheads
14 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Who is better?

Atkinson and Sibbick.

pettigrewsstylist
41 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

RB is the absolute priority (again!)

Recruitment is a 365 gig. Think about that. Mind boggling.

ShedBoy
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Atkinson and Sibbick.

🤣🤣🤣

Im sure Wolves would agree 👍🏻

hmfcbilly
1 hour ago, Beave1874 said:

Said before the game to my boy that I think he is very good when attacking but defensively poor. Shown up today. We were so comfortable as well. Michael O'Neill agreed with me on Gorgie Road on way to station, not our day. Nice guy. 

Was O'Neill going to the station too? Thought he would've had his drivers licence back by now

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

🤣🤣🤣

Dexter looks good in flashes, and he would be a regular at any team outside of Rangers Celtic and Hearts. H'e would be perfectly good enough for H1b5 as a backup to Youan.

Edited by upgotheheads

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Atkinson.

I agree with you btw, though the bar is low. I actually think natty is better going forward, much better at driving inside and opening up space for Forrest or Oda. Defensively much of a muchness, though natty on his last start looked like he was sleepingz. Awful 

deejtee

Toasted on the ground, lost with the ball over his head and giving the ball away. Can't think of a worse RB performance in a long time.

Chuck Berry
31 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

No he can’t  

Yes he can, and a hell of a lot better than Dexter. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

🤣🤣🤣

he’s no playing for wolves mate.  Not a chance

ShedBoy
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s no playing for wolves mate.  Not a chance

Neither will Atkinson. But Dexter will play at a higher level than Atkinson. Atkinson will not play at a higher level than Hearts. 

ShedBoy
3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Yes he can, and a hell of a lot better than Dexter. 

Dexter will play at a higher level than Atkinson ever will. 

Chuck Berry

Dexter will play at a higher level than Atkinson ever will. 

Atkinson has played in a World Cup Finals mate.....

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Sadly, his attacking has gone off the boil a bit too.

I think Naismith has told him to defend first.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Neither will Atkinson. But Dexter will play at a higher level than Atkinson. Atkinson will not play at a higher level than Hearts. 

like 2 bald men arguing over a comb.  I reackon dexters level will be Scunthorpe or something like that, this will be his peak loan.  

I agree Atkinson won’t play for a bigger club than hearts. Still don’t think it’s outrageous to argue he’s better than Dexter.  For me, bit of a myth that Dexter is great going forward. First 2 games aside i havent seen that. Atkinson carries the ball forward more effectively for me.  Defensively neither of the 2 of them are greats 

Watt-Zeefuik

Not good enough defensively for a back 4. Fine at rwb.

Watt-Zeefuik
38 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Atkinson.

agree with this. Both could improve but Natty is ours.

ShedBoy
7 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

You're right Chuck, started the first game, was hooked, never seen again. Dreadful, dreadful footballer imo. Not even near Hearts standard, look at Kingsley on the other side? Doesn’t get in the Scotland side? By your reasoning Kingsley might be shite? He’s never played for Scotland at a World Cup finals? Neither has McTominay, neither has McGinn, neither has Tierney. 

Your argument is futile mate.

Atkinson has to go.

We need better.

Chuck Berry
Just now, ShedBoy said:

You're right Chuck, started the first game, was hooked, never seen again. Dreadful, dreadful footballer imo. Not even near Hearts standard, look at Kingsley on the other side? Doesn’t get in the Scotland side? By your reasoning Kingsley might be shite? He’s never played for Scotland at a World Cup finals? Neither has McTominay, neither has McGinn, neither has Tierney. 

Your argument is futile mate.

Atkinson has to go.

We need better.

He was subbed on 85 mins v France marking Mbappe and has played at a higher level than Dexter ever will - which was your weird point. Also just played in an Asian Champs QF with the accepted opinion that his substitution against South Korea lead to Australia's defeat when his replacement gave away two goals.

You clearly have a ridiculous agenda against him, but the point here is he's the best RB we have. Can we do better? Of course, we can do better all over the park.

Go for it 1308

Half hearted defending for the goal. When he missed his first  attempt to nick the ball...he actually backed off and gave up and let him get the shot off...ffs

Edited by Go for it 1308

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Half hearted defending for the goal. When he missed his first  attempt to nick the ball...he actually backed off and gave up and let him get the shot off...ffs

Yip, dreadful defending. I hate calling out young players but it is what it is.

ShedBoy
3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Yip, dreadful defending. I hate calling out young players but it is what it is.

To quote yourself 

You clearly have a ridiculous agenda against him

👍🏻

Fozzyonthefence
36 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Toasted on the ground, lost with the ball over his head and giving the ball away. Can't think of a worse RB performance in a long time.

Since Atkinson against Hibs or Rangers?

Chuck Berry

To quote yourself 

You clearly have a ridiculous agenda against him

👍🏻

:vrface:

deejtee
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Since Atkinson against Hibs or Rangers?

Indeed the two of them are so bad that they probably could not displace Nathan Paterson but today was really dire.

He didn't have a great game today but some of the criticism is over the top.

The reality is there are very few fullbacks out there who are good at both attacking and defending - in fact that's what marks out the players with the top teams from the rest.

I've come to the conclusion that for a team like us the best policy is probably to adopt a horses for courses approach depending on the opposition and if we're going to spend more of the game on the attack. The problem just now is that we have two leftbacks who are quite solid defensively and two rightbacks who offer a fair bit in an attacking sense but may struggle with the defensive side.

Fozzyonthefence
30 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

And what does that prove?  Loads of shite players have played in World Cups.  Jason Cummings has too!  

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, deejtee said:

Indeed the two of them are so bad that they probably could not displace Nathan Paterson but today was really dire.

It’s a joke we’re in this position.  Might as well just toss a coin each week to see which of the two of them play.  

Beave1874
46 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Was O'Neill going to the station too? Thought he would've had his drivers licence back by now

😂 Left him pre Morrisons. As said good guy and had time for a wee blether. 

vegas-voss

Modern young fullback great going forward will take a while to learn how to defend.

We are stuck in the dark ages up here though our minds want them to be able to attack but revert back to the old he can't defend so is pish when things go wrong.