Dexter

innerjambo

Chuck Berry
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He started against Ross County and was dropped on Saturday. 

No he wasn't, after the RC game both him and Rowles were on a plane to Dubai. Neither were in the squad for Livvy as a result.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

• ShedBoy

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

No he wasn't, after the RC game both him and Rowles were on a plane to Dubai. Neither were in the squad for Livvy as a result.

Ffs Im on about our last league game on the 16th of March, he was dropped for Saturday and before you come out with any more nonsense about flying away Dexter was travelling and playing also.

Chuck Berry
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Ffs Im on about our last league game on the 16th of March, he was dropped for Saturday and before you come out with any more nonsense about flying away Dexter was travelling and playing also.

Atkinson was a 24 hour flight away and played twice in Sydney and Canberra, as did Rowles.  Neither started on Saturday if you noticed.

Dexter was a 9 hour flight away and probably back sooner, so yes I'm fairly sure the travelling aspect was in play on Saturday.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Atkinson was a 24 hour flight away and played twice in Sydney and Canberra, as did Rowles.  Neither started on Saturday if you noticed.

Dexter was a 9 hour flight away and probably back sooner, so yes I'm fairly sure the travelling aspect was in play on Saturday.

Can you ever admit that you’re wrong 🤪?
Neither started because they’re not good enough and clearly aren’t first choice.

Why was your boy dropped against Celtic after being crap against Hibs? 
Hes not first choice, never will be and all your excuses doesn’t hide the facts. No assists this sesson, two last and two before. 4 assists and 3 goals in over two years. Dexter is a better attacker. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

gorgierulesapply88

He's not a right-back, again conceded a goal from his side. Yes there was a man wide, but he's closest to Watkins and is pea hearted.

Drop, and play one of our own players.

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can you ever admit that you’re wrong 🤪?
Neither started because they’re not good enough and clearly aren’t first choice.

Why was your boy dropped against Celtic after being crap against Hibs? 
Hes not first choice, never will be and all your excuses doesn’t hide the facts. No assists this sesson, two last and two before. 4 assists and 3 goals in over two years. 

They were the other side of the world and played two qualifiers and probably only got back on Thursday. No surprise neither started.  Let's see who starts at St.Mirren.

Nobody is "my boy", I think we need to replace both of them but criticising Atkinson to defend Dexters performances to date I find strange.  I'd rather we play a RB that can defend, and in that regard it's Atkinson every time. 

Dexter is a young lad, and he has time to make it in the game down south but looking at it from a Hearts perspective he's not an upgrade on Atkinson and is probably the opposite.

(I'm always right, like with Zander 😉)

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

They were the other side of the world and played two qualifiers and probably only got back on Thursday. No surprise neither started.  Let's see who starts at St.Mirren.

Nobody is "my boy", I think we need to replace both of them but criticising Atkinson to defend Dexters performances to date I find strange.  I'd rather we play a RB that can defend, and in that regard it's Atkinson every time. 

Dexter is a young lad, and he has time to make it in the game down south but looking at it from a Hearts perspective he's not an upgrade on Atkinson and is probably the opposite.

(I'm always right, like with Zander 😉)

They’ve played before after flying, no answer or excuse to why Atkinson was dropped for the Celtic game then. 
You believe Atkinson can defend all you want, most folk dont, and Dexter offers more going forward. 
What makes you think you were right about Clark, you’re still wondering why he was a free agent all summer a couple of seasons ago, hopefully away to his beloved Huns this summer. 

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’ve played before after flying, no answer or excuse to why Atkinson was dropped for the Celtic game then. 
You believe Atkinson can defend all you want, most folk dont, and Dexter offers more going forward. 
What makes you think you were right about Clark, you’re still wondering why he was a free agent all summer a couple of seasons ago, hopefully away to his beloved Huns this summer. 

You thought/think Zander is a crap goalie, so we'll leave it there.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

You thought/think Zander is a crap goalie, so we'll leave it there.

I know he is, makes mistakes every single game and a couple of Scotlad caps when theres literally nobody else to play doesn’t change anything. 
All summer without an offer 😂

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know he is, makes mistakes every single game and a couple of Scotlad caps when theres literally nobody else to play doesn’t change anything. 
All summer without an offer 😂

I think that sums up your football knowledge :vrface:

Lambo85

He can’t defend. Absolute bombscare on Saturday as he was against Motherwell. 

Deevers

Fine going forward with the ball at his feet. Dreadful defensively .

upgotheheads

Dexter can look good, but usually with nothing to show for it.  Nat, doesn't appear to have the silky ball skills but usually gets into the box either from wide or through the middle after cutting inside. 

Neither of them are particularly good defenders, but Nat is much better and more effective as an attacking wing-back. 

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

I think that sums up your football knowledge :vrface:

So Saturday poor kicks and a punch when he should’ve caught an easy ball. 

Gordon and Gunn were injured so only Liam Kelly playing regularly, McCrorie hardly played all season. 
Nobody wanted him all summer 2022. All facts. 
As for your football knowledge, look at our avatars to see what kind of players we appreciate 😆🤪

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Dexter can look good, but usually with nothing to show for it.  Nat, doesn't appear to have the silky ball skills but usually gets into the box either from wide or through the middle after cutting inside. 

Neither of them are particularly good defenders, but Nat is much better and more effective as an attacking wing-back. 

The stats don’t back that up.

Atkinson has no goals or assists this season. 
Dexter can score and cross with both feet, scoring with a header too from inside the box. 

But we absolutely need better next season, maybe even two players for the position. 

Disser Pointon
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

Dexter.........could have been costly. 

Need better

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Two goals in two games he's cost us. He puts in a good cross and he's decent going forward but he's never a defender. We need to find another Mick Smith. 

Pasquale for King

I thought he wasn’t going to start today according to the brains trust on here? 
Cochrane passing on the striker to Dexter, who no doubt ****ed up badly, and the GK doing absolutely nothing to affect the player running through were all culpable for an awful goal to lose. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Two goals in two games he's cost us. He puts in a good cross and he's decent going forward but he's never a defender. We need to find another Mick Smith. 

Please no, we need far better than Smith ffs.

Chuck Berry
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I thought he wasn’t going to start today according to the brains trust on here? 
Cochrane passing on the striker to Dexter, who no doubt ****ed up badly, and the GK doing absolutely nothing to affect the player running through were all culpable for an awful goal to lose. 

He did, but as the brains trust told you, he can't defend, thankfully it never cost us this week. Nice pathetic dig at Zander.

Edited by Chuck Berry

RustyRightPeg

Deary me. Player misjudged ball in the wind on the windiest day of the year and he’s slaughtered to bits. 

God forbid a player makes a mistake eh. How about the fact the St Mirren player then runs half the pitch with two players breathing down his neck and slots it. Good play rather than shit defending. 

Chuck Berry
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Deary me. Player misjudged ball in the wind on the windiest day of the year and he’s slaughtered to bits. 

God forbid a player makes a mistake eh. How about the fact the St Mirren player then runs half the pitch with two players breathing down his neck and slots it. Good play rather than shit defending. 

The exact same high ball misjudgement as last week. No wind last week.

Mister T
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What? Smudger was excellent for us.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Chuck Berry said:

The exact same high ball misjudgement as last week. No wind last week.

Not Kent heading the ball directly to Watkins feet when he had 10 yards to bring it down no?

Chuck Berry
Just now, Mister T said:

Would still be first pick at RB

Chuck Berry
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Not Kent heading the ball directly to Watkins feet when he had 10 yards to bring it down no?

No, the several high balls last week he misjudged but got away with.

Uncle Buck
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Really? I’ve been going to Hearts games for 20 odd years and I’ve never seen a right back better than Michael Smith. 

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

This. Also slipped on their weird pitch which everyone was falling over on all game. 

Lambert Simnel

Lembikisa had a couple of good moments defensively in the first half. Better than I've seen from him in a while.  But even thought the conditions were bad, when you're the last man you have to make absolutely sure you don't allow an attacker a chance of 1v1 against the keeper.  I'd agree that Olusanya did very well, but Dexter doesn't seem to have the "safety first" instincts of a true defender. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Really? I’ve been going to Hearts games for 20 odd years and I’ve never seen a right back better than Michael Smith. 

That doesn’t mean he was any good.
I have been going for 50 years and I haven’t seen a top class RB, compared to some amazing LBs. Frail or Maybury for me. We need a better player than Smith.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Average at best

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No it’s all that nasty Dexters fault. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, 7PNJ4 said:

This. Also slipped on their weird pitch which everyone was falling over on all game. 

Good point 

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 minutes ago, Lambert Simnel said:

Lembikisa had a couple of good moments defensively in the first half. Better than I've seen from him in a while.  But even thought the conditions were bad, when you're the last man you have to make absolutely sure you don't allow an attacker a chance of 1v1 against the keeper.  I'd agree that Olusanya did very well, but Dexter doesn't seem to have the "safety first" instincts of a true defender. 

This. Don’t LET the forward beat you as last defender. MAKE him beat you. Dexter only had to stand him up. He got greedy. His one on one against Counties scorer 2 weeks ago was also criminal. Stepped towards their winger instead of staying with the goal scorer.

28 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Would still be first pick at RB

Good servant over his time here but absolutely done last season. 

Submarine Vlad
24 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Ryan McGowan? Callum Patterson? 

Right Back and replacing the almost inevitable departure of Shankland and Beni have to be the priority areas. 

Jam-Tart
27 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

You're not far off the mark, but possibly one or two maybe (in the last 20 years, but would be hard pushed to name them), Smith was Mr consistent when he played even when carrying an injury, he always showed up and I struggle to remember him having a bad game, to say otherwise or criticise his performances in a maroon Jersey would suggest that the person commenting as such knows SFA about the game.

Uncle Buck
10 minutes ago, Submarine Vlad said:

Both good but not as good as Smith.

Jam-Tart
13 minutes ago, Submarine Vlad said:

Paterson yip I'd probably agree, but McGowan nah.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jam-Tart said:

You're not far off the mark, but possibly one or two maybe (in the last 20 years, but would be hard pushed to name them), Smith was Mr consistent when he played even when carrying an injury, he always showed up and I struggle to remember him having a bad game, to say otherwise or criticise his performances in a maroon Jersey would suggest that the person commenting as such knows SFA about the game.

Mr consistent alright, backward passes and throws, couldn’t cross or pass. Backed off anyone who ran at him. 
Great guy and always gave 100% but he was not a great player by any stretch of anyone’s imagination. 

Pasquale for King

The fact that Dexter is playing ahead of Atkinson says it all about the options there, he will keep his place next week but who knows what we will do for the semi final. 

Jam-Tart
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Mr consistent alright, backward passes and throws, couldn’t cross or pass. Backed off anyone who ran at him. 
Great guy and always gave 100% but he was not a great player by any stretch of anyone’s 

I'll agree to disagree, would love to see a poll amongst fans on Michael Smith (good/bad player/servant to HMFC), I think the result would put you back in yer box. No disrespect meant.

Edited by Jam-Tart

Submarine Vlad
12 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Both good but not as good as Smith.

Fair enough. I thought both were much better defensively\athletically than Smith. Smith was better technically. But yeah, we haven’t been blessed with great RBs - would be good if the next one was better than all of those mentioned

23 minutes ago, Carter said:

Right Back and replacing the almost inevitable departure of Shankland and Beni have to be the priority areas. 

I reckon Shanks will be with us next season. We don’t need to sell him…he needs to do well if he wants a decent move.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Jam-Tart said:

I'll agree to disagree, would love to see a poll amongst fans on Michael Smith (good/bad player/servant to HMFC), I think the result would put you back in yer box. No disrespect meant.

No It wouldn’t, we all have our opinions and that’s twice you’ve been disrespectful. 
Tell me what you think Smith was good at?

A good servant, absolutely, but like so many others that doesn’t make him a great player.

Submarine Vlad
17 minutes ago, Jam-Tart said:

Paterson yip I'd probably agree, but McGowan nah.

McGowan was unbelievable for one season. Watched a few games back from then and he was very dominant (and loved smashing Hibs players)