Dexter

innerjambo

Submarine Vlad
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Mr consistent alright, backward passes and throws, couldn’t cross or pass. Backed off anyone who ran at him. 
Great guy and always gave 100% but he was not a great player by any stretch of anyone’s imagination. 

Tend to agree with this. Really liked him as a guy but he was pretty overrated in my opinion. Quite lightweight at times and not great at defending

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

• ShedBoy

Jam-Tart
1 minute ago, Submarine Vlad said:

McGowan was unbelievable for one season. Watched a few games back from then and he was very dominant (and loved smashing Hibs players) 

I'm not saying McGowan wasn't good, I in my opinion just think Smith was a better full back defensively & for that matter going forward. Gower is a club legend of course and nothing because of 2012 will ever detract from that.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Submarine Vlad said:

Tend to agree with this. Really liked him as a guy but he was pretty overrated in my opinion. Quite lightweight at times and not great at defending

We need a top class RB to come in this summer without a doubt. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Bairnjambo said:

Steven Frail was a RB.

Great attacker but poor defender, a bit like Patterson. 

Submarine Vlad
12 minutes ago, Jam-Tart said:

I'm not saying McGowan wasn't good, I in my opinion just think Smith was a better full back defensively & for that matter going forward. Gower is a club legend of course and nothing because of 2012 will ever detract from that.

Yeah fair doos. McGowan absolute hero indeed! Love that man 

Jam-Tart
12 minutes ago, Submarine Vlad said:

Yeah fair doos. McGowan absolute hero indeed! Love that man 

*Gowser*

As did I, and a top bloke too.

Benny Klack
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

We need a top class RB to come in this summer without a doubt. 

💯 agree. Right back is a huge weakness right now and needs addressing asap

Watt-Zeefuik

Dex got caught under the wind today and the Mirren lad made a truly outstanding run to get his goal. I don't want to be overly critical for what was a pretty good performance but it's also the kind of mistake he keeps making.

kingantti1874

The hearts standard did a fantastic bit of analysis between dex and natty.

pretty much confirmed what everyone thinks. 

by the data Atkinson is clearly better defender by every measure bar heading, which both of them are struggle with.  In terms of the league Atkinsons numbers are average where Dex is statistically the weakest right back in the league.  Apparently 84% of the time he gets dribbled past.  

going forward they both have strengths, though dex has a better left foot and Atkinson get the ball pinched more often becuase he’s ran inside and loses control of it a bit.

most of the above was from memory, would encourage all to have a listen as was a great piece.  

I like dex.  But he’s a winger imo or at best a full back when we are playing a team who won’t force us on the back foot.  If we were to buy him it would be for that role 

Edited by kingantti1874

That is him cost us two goals in two weeks.

I don’t want to see him start again for us.

Loanees should be coming in and strengthening the team. 

I like him. Proper wing back and needs more support from his RCB.

innerjambo

The guy has some potential, but he makes far too many mistakes. He would need a hell of a lot of coaching to improve his game. I don't think we have that amount of time to give him unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, TWF said:

Pushing hard for more brain farts than Sibbick

I'm not sure yesterday is a brain fart to be fair to the boy. Cochrane needs to help him. 

Quite interesting that Jamaica played Dexter in an advanced role in their last International. I guess they've decided he's better as a winger than defender. Wolves will have decisions to make as it is starting to look he'll always have problems defending.

Hmfc1965
18 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Quite interesting that Jamaica played Dexter in an advanced role in their last International. I guess they've decided he's better as a winger than defender. Wolves will have decisions to make as it is starting to look he'll always have problems defending.

I suspect Wolves have made their decision.

jr ewing
2 hours ago, TWF said:

Pushing hard for more brain farts than Sibbick

Other guy is stronger in the challenge 💪 

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

I like him. Proper wing back and needs more support from his RCB.

More support from our most consistent performer this season? 😂

section s heart
1 hour ago, Carter said:

I'm not sure yesterday is a brain fart to be fair to the boy. Cochrane needs to help him. 

Yeah if Cochrane makes a strong challenge for the ball, at worst it holds up the St Mirren boy, and the goal doesn't happen. But Dexter didn't look too clever either. 

kingantti1874
36 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I suspect Wolves have made their decision.

agreed. He doesn’t have the fundamentals to play at that level 

Saint Jambo
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

The hearts standard did a fantastic bit of analysis between dex and natty.

pretty much confirmed what everyone thinks. 

by the data Atkinson is clearly better defender by every measure bar heading, which both of them are struggle with.  In terms of the league Atkinsons numbers are average where Dex is statistically the weakest right back in the league.  Apparently 84% of the time he gets dribbled past.  

going forward they both have strengths, though dex has a better left foot and Atkinson get the ball pinched more often becuase he’s ran inside and loses control of it a bit.

most of the above was from memory, would encourage all to have a listen as was a great piece.  

I like dex.  But he’s a winger imo or at best a full back when we are playing a team who won’t force us on the back foot.  If we were to buy him it would be for that role 

Yeah, that pretty much matches my view. Although it won't include the cup matches in which I had to watch Lembikisa repeatedly slice the ball out of play when trying to play up the line.

One thing is for sure, Lembikisa is not a significant step up from Atkinson. With that in mind, I'd much rather play the one we own than the one on loan. If the reverse was true, I could see the point of playing Lembikisa over Atkinson at this stage of the season even though I prefer Atkinson.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

More support from our most consistent performer this season? 😂

People's biggest criticism of him is defensively...which just isn't really the main purpose of a wing back. 

So yeh if he's getting roasted and costing goals, I'd be looking equally, if not more, at the rcb.

Also - most consistent performer?!?

Edited by Taffin

hmfc_liam06
28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

People's biggest criticism of him is defensively...which just isn't really the main purpose of a wing back. 

So yeh if he's getting roasted and costing goals, I'd be looking equally, if not more, at the rcb.

Also - most consistent performer?!?

Yes. Kent, our RCB and most consistent performer this year.

You called him out for needing to provide more support. We couldn’t have asked for more from Kent this season.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yes. Kent, our RCB and most consistent performer this year.

You called him out for needing to provide more support. We couldn’t have asked for more from Kent this season.

How many times has Kent played rcb with Dexter at right wing back? I don't get to many games but my impression was Kent has usually played central.

I'd say that position since Dexter has come into the club has been consistently inconsistent with various people playing the position.

Edited by Taffin

soonbe110
4 hours ago, Carter said:

Clark could have made it a bit harder for their striker as well. 

soonbe110
14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

How many times has Kent played rcb with Dexter at right wing back? I don't get to many games but my impression was Kent has usually played central.

I'd say that position since Dexter has come into the club has been consistently inconsistent with various people playing the position.

Certainly not yesterday. Kingsley was rcb when on the park 

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Clark could have made it a bit harder for their striker as well. 

He could've but I just can't believe Cochrane passes responsibility on to the last man. Still way too many costly errors with Cochrane. 

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hammy yesterday so hopefully back for semi but not at rb I suspect. 

James Cairneys suggestion bud, by the data hard to disagree with him when facing a team like the huns tbh  

think we took him off as a precaution.  Hopefully we did anyway 

54 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Certainly not yesterday. Kingsley was rcb when on the park 

I reckon it's mostly been Kingsley, and it's somewhat understandable him not really helping out being a left back playing at rcb. I was purposely supporting Dexter and avoiding criticising anyone else personally.

Calling out Kent though supposedly 🤔

Edited by Taffin

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Carter said:

He could've but I just can't believe Cochrane passes responsibility on to the last man. Still way too many costly errors with Cochrane. 

Agreed, he was poor again  yesterday at times 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

James Cairneys suggestion bud, by the data hard to disagree with him when facing a team like the huns tbh  

think we took him off as a precaution.  Hopefully we did anyway 

He was first to be ill last week, recovered,  then felt his hammy yesterday. 

soonbe110
46 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I reckon it's mostly been Kingsley, and it's somewhat understandable him not really helping out being a left back playing at rcb. I was purposely supporting Dexter and avoiding criticising anyone else personally.

Calling out Kent though supposedly 🤔

👍happens all the time on here.  

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

4/8 starts including the horror show last week.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Threedoorsdown

Feels weird for once that I think Savage and in particularly Naismith will make the right decision re Dexter - my moneys on him going over to Europe before landing at a yo-yo league 1 / championship club.

Uncle Buck
2 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Feels weird for once that I think Savage and in particularly Naismith will make the right decision re Dexter - my moneys on him going over to Europe before landing at a yo-yo league 1 / championship club.

I don’t think there’s a decision to be made. He’s under contract and Wolves value him at 3 or 4 million. He’s 100% a stopgap while we look for a permanent right back. I reckon we’ve already got someone lined up.

Also, Dexter is nowhere near good enough for Hearts anyway.

DG_HMFC
6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don’t think there’s a decision to be made. He’s under contract and Wolves value him at 3 or 4 million. He’s 100% a stopgap while we look for a permanent right back. I reckon we’ve already got someone lined up.

Also, Dexter is nowhere near good enough for Hearts anyway.

There's not a chance he's worth 3/4M. 

Player valuations are massively inflated down south.

Gordons left glove
28 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I would say that's what transfermarkt says but they're full of shit so 🤷🏻

Uncle Buck
On 07/04/2024 at 22:08, DG_HMFC said:

Agreed on both points.

Watt-Zeefuik

When I first saw us on Saturday I thought we were playing in a back 4 with him at RB again and I despaired until I realized we were in a back 3.

As others have said, on replay, he misplays a ball that gets caught in the wind but Cochrane should have given him more help. Except that he's already prone to that kind of mistake.

I like Dex fine but I like Atkinson better, although I think Natty has had trouble keeping his head and his confidence up, and when those slip his play slips too. I think if he could kick on and take the next step he could really be an asset there but that may be asking too much of him.

kingantti1874
On 07/04/2024 at 22:08, DG_HMFC said:

They are inflated, but they may well get that. £3m now is the equivalent of £300k 20 years ago. In Scotland we haven’t kept pace with the rest of the world