Dexter

innerjambo

innerjambo

I loved this guy when he first arrived, he was confident, energetic, took players on, and terrorised the opposition defence. 

He's young, and there is obvious talent there, but he has his moments and gets caught in possession a fair bit, and his defending is very poor at times. 

He obviously likes being here, so interested on other views and thoughts?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

• ShedBoy

kingantti1874

I think he’s ok going forward, certainly nothing special imo often gets it taken off him and defensively very suspect.

Craigieboy

Total liability in defence and cost us the goal today. 

Edited by Craigieboy

Unconvincing at defending unfortunately, don't see him as a RB but good as an attacker.

Defensively, he gives his man too much space, don't think he stopped a cross the first half? Second half he got caught on the ball at the halfway line after standing over it for what seemed like half an hour, couldn't make his mind up what to do.

LogicalEric

Didn't look comfortable at all when Kennedy got at him and didn't really offer much going forward 

innerjambo
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think he’s ok going forward, certainly nothing special imo often gets it taken off him and defensively very suspect.

I don't think he's worth pursuing at this stage, unless he can kick on in the final few games. Very inconsistent imo, and he has definitely lost a bit of confidence. 

Ricardo Quaresma

He froze in possession right in front of Naismith, that can be coached out of him quite easily though; he had an out-ball 2 or 3 yards away...

But, deservedly hooked for it, we can't have that

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Greedy Jambo

A new RB was our priority in the last transfer window, we signed a winger...

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

A new RB was our priority in the last transfer window, we signed a winger...

good players aren’t easy to find sadly.  Hopefully we’ve spoken to Ryan strain

ok having one RB who’s strengths are going forward but not 2

Beave1874

Said before the game to my boy that I think he is very good when attacking but defensively poor. Shown up today. We were so comfortable as well. Michael O'Neill agreed with me on Gorgie Road on way to station, not our day. Nice guy. 

Australis

Offers loads.

Definately a talent and plenty of skill there.

He did have a few moments when he switched off today.

With Kent just back to full fitness, it looked the obvious side for Killie to target.

Edited by Australis

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You'd have thought we'd have looked at him play first though. 

innerjambo
2 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Said before the game to my boy that I think he is very good when attacking but defensively poor. Shown up today. We were so comfortable as well. Michael O'Neill agreed with me on Gorgie Road on way to station, not our day. Nice guy. 

Sadly, his attacking has gone off the boil a bit too.

Jamb04life

The fundamental role of a full back is to defend which unfortunately he isn’t very good at. He shows flashes when going forward and is still young enough to improve but it’s a no from me. Gave Watkins the freedom of Tynecastle for his goal today. 

As I mentioned on another thread, he also can’t throw the ball the very far which I hadn’t noticed until today. As petty and minor as that is, a full back takes a lot of throw ins per game… 

Greedy Jambo

I thought he looked class going forward when he first turned up, but we've got to remember that it was against Spartans. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Batistuta87

Murder today. Atkinson was much more assured in the short time he was on the pitch. 

Gorgieshed

We should never be looking at him permanently. Nowhere near good enough for us.

HMFC 86

We seem incapable of signing a right back who can defend and attack. Similarly we don’t appear to have a young player coming through in this position 

jock _turd

Yes he had a poor day BUT what about Cochrane an established player who was absolute urine today and not for the first time of late. It is easy picking on players who are new to the side or on loan but Cochrane is getting away with murder. At every free kick we would have been better off giving the ball to Killie he was minging . 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

New RB and new RWB required.

Armstrong and strain 👌🏻

innerjambo
2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Yes he had a poor day BUT what about Cochrane an established player who was absolute urine today and not for the first time of late. It is easy picking on players who are new to the side or on loan but Cochrane is getting away with murder. At every free kick we would have been better off giving the ball to Killie he was minging . 

Agreed, I can't remember when Cochrane last had a great game. 

Clerry Jambo
32 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I don't think he's worth pursuing at this stage, unless he can kick on in the final few games. Very inconsistent imo, and he has definitely lost a bit of confidence. 

This is fair comment

GavK1012

Very poor today...not really impressed much since he joined, his best showings were his first few games...cant defend to save himself...I dread more poor offerings between now and end of the season that will cost us...thankfully won't be back after his loan its safe to say...

36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Send him back in May. 

This. 

Looked good at the beginning because it was against Spartans and fair enough got a goal against Dundee. 

Far too sloppy in defence and does not offer enough.

hmfc_steve
39 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Total liability in defence and cost us the goal today. 

This .. we can surely do better

ShedBoy

He’s better than what we have. However we need 2 new RB’s to start next season.  Dexter should be returned, Atkinson should be released. 

8 minutes ago, Carter said:

Right back is the glaring weakness in our squad. 

I know Toby regularly costs us, but from memory he's done well when played at RB. 

Plus, if he ****s up we can at least watch Kent go through him :lol: 

We've signed wingbacks, so its probably not surprising they don't look great in a back 4 IMO. 

grumpyespana
36 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think Strain came of injured at half time today again so not for me guys.

Bindy Badgy

Defending for their goal was criminal. He might be a decent midfielder but, he isn't a defender.

Japan Jambo

For me Natty offers less in attack and more in defence, but overall not much in it as a defensive right player. Not sure why we wouldn’t focus on the player that is our own rather than developing someone else’s. The budding coaches out there please chip in, but would he not be better off in a different role pushed further up the pitch - he’s never a defender and I see no evidence he’s going to develop into one.

in terms of today’s shit show of a performance I suspect a busy international break took it out of him. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

I think Strain came of injured at half time today again so not for me guys.

Good news for next week.  Good player, shame if he’s not an option. 

shame the Nicky Devlin deal fell apart when neilson left

Threedoorsdown

If he was our own player I’d stick with him. He’s not impactful enough for us to be developing him for someone else.

Ok player, not the standard we need.

Chuck Berry

Couldn't tackle a fish supper today, and going forward offered nothing. Should have been hooked long before he was and perhaps we may not have conceded. Atkinson has to be RB for the remainder.

Corstorphine Jambo

Tin hat on - Tony Ralston barely plays at Celtic. Wages of course probably biggest stumbling block. I wonder if he’d at some point want to play more football than he is ever likely to play at Celtic?

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

If he was our own player I’d stick with him. He’s not impactful enough for us to be developing him for someone else.

Ok player, not the standard we need.

Best case scenario we wrap up 3rd and fix 2 or 3 issues he has; if we do (and that's what he's here for) then we might retain the option to have him until Christmas; he might be useful in Europe or cover for someone else playing on Thursday in Europe

Maybe

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Debut 4

Became a bag of nerves as the game wore on.  He couldn’t seem to deal with the bombardment in his direction over the course of the game and became cagey and uncertain.  

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Tin hat on - Tony Ralston barely plays at Celtic. Wages of course probably biggest stumbling block. I wonder if he’d at some point want to play more football than he is ever likely to play at Celtic?

I think he’s as Celtic as they come, properly loved getting it right up us when he scored against us a couple of years ago. 

There are a dearth of options though so know why you highlighted him.  

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Send him back in May. 

Yup.

Ricardo Quaresma

Don't like ralston - big red flag no from me 👎