Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

There's less than 1200 in the East, are people trying to claim there's like, 3 sections there that haven't been opened?

That's not including the 3 rows at the front and 2 at the back all the way round?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Daveandal
Just now, David McCaig said:

I think the missing seats are probably the front and back rows of sections currently showing as sold out.

There are definitely three rows of seats at the front and back of several sections that never went on sale. Add them up and its sizable amount.

The good news, for me anyway, is sales seem to still be ticking over.

Jambo-Fox
17 minutes ago, Grinder said:

Bump

Come on everybody! Do the Bump!
There"s a new dance that is going around
Called the Bump
Do the Bump
You can do it to the rhythm of that rock 'n'roll sound
It's the Bump
Do the Bump

PapaShango
1 hour ago, Daveandal said:

There are definitely three rows of seats at the front and back of several sections that never went on sale. Add them up and its sizable amount.

The good news, for me anyway, is sales seem to still be ticking over.

Do they put the ones at the front on sale right behind the goals? They’ve definitely sold front row seats in other sections. 

biffa12

Amazing that the doom monger press when quoting the cost to Hearts of any unsold tickets conveniently forget we are due a quarter of all ticket sales (net).  So any loss post close of sales will be cut by 25% - still no excuse for not selling out. 

HopeDiouf
4 minutes ago, biffa12 said:

Amazing that the doom monger press when quoting the cost to Hearts of any unsold tickets conveniently forget we are due a quarter of all ticket sales (net).  So any loss post close of sales will be cut by 25% - still no excuse for not selling out. 

and VAT as well would save another 17.5%

Turkishcap

Out of interest anyone know how many tickets dons have sold or is it just us under scrutiny.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, biffa12 said:

That argument is true if the seats were going to be empty but not true if Rangers would sell them instead. 

Disagree about no excuse for not selling out a game we never get close to selling 21k tickets for.  

Daveandal
24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Do they put the ones at the front on sale right behind the goals? They’ve definitely sold front row seats in other sections. 

Certainly the current sections behind the goal that still have seats never had the front and back rows for sale. 

Grinder
2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Couldn't get tickets for my kids as they're not registered... :(

Plenty Jambos on here that could sort you out mate 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Luckies1874
5 minutes ago, Grinder said:

Plenty Jambos on here that could sort you out mate 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Yep, plenty reference numbers if required.

PapaShango
22 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Certainly the current sections behind the goal that still have seats never had the front and back rows for sale. 

Yeah I’m not sure they sell them because of the view. I could be completely wrong though. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Out of interest anyone know how many tickets dons have sold or is it just us under scrutiny.

Aberdeen handed back 10k last week, they had sold 8k and kept 1k for latecomers

Turkishcap
7 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

So it is just us then, hope we sell them or as many as possible.

How dare we get held up as a possible future threat as they know how many we have shifted for finals.

Edited by Turkishcap

buca junior

Just a reminder the TO is closed today. I went down earlier to collect tickets.

south morocco
16 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

How many have Aberdeen sold, any idea? Not slagging them but to hand back 10,000,clearly not a good look for the Scottish cup and Scottish football in general

Newton51
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Heard it was around 8k sold 

Jambo-Fox
45 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Celtic Ticket this morning announced a FIFTH batch of tickets for the Scottish Cup semi-final against Aberdeen

This unexpected bonus for Hampden is as a result of an extremely low uptake from Aberdeen supporters. It’s rather embarrassing for the Pittodrie side who made a song and dance about being entitled to an equal split of around 25,000 tickets for the semi-final

On 09/04/2024 at 20:34, Pingu said:

Suspect we'll top out at about 19k tickets sold which, imo, is fine. Not great, not terrible. Certainly not embarrassing!

I'm sticking with my forecast and assessment from last week! Decent effort, could've been better.

Luckies1874

Wait: so some Hearts fans are giving our support stick and we’ve sold twice as many as the 4th biggest club in the country!!  :jjyay:

luckydug

The fact that we have sold more tickets than the allocation the SFA wanted to give us vindicates the clubs decision.

SM Sheffield
8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The fact that we have sold more tickets than the allocation the SFA wanted to give us vindicates the clubs decision.

^ This is the most important thing 

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think we are guessing at the number sold.  We haven’t sold 3000 since late last week judging by the dots.  And the number of dots never added up to 5000 anyway.  I’d guess there are sections in the south which haven’t been released.

if we do get to 19000 it’s a decent effort 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think we are guessing at the number sold.  We haven’t sold 3000 since late last week judging by the dots.  And the number of dots never added up to 5000 anyway.  I’d guess there are sections in the south which haven’t been released.

if we do get to 19000 it’s a decent effort 

I think we may have gone back on a couple at the top of H, I would think those remaining in the East will dribble over the week and it will be 18 pushing 19. 

Its decent enough, pity we may not get to 20, but we have a big curve of the stadium, and thats a good thing

Daveandal

Very quick dot count but I think another 145 have gone since 10am this morning. Even some of the strange column in I2 have shifted. That's faster than the pace last week.

F7 and G1 still more than half empty but we've made a fair chunk in them.

If Big Hearts do have a plan we might get very close to making the end look full.

Incredible effort by the fans IMO.

heartyhub
On 13/04/2024 at 14:41, Newton51 said:

Have heard stories about people phoning up the ticket office and getting tickets who could prove they have bought tickets previously 

Edited by heartyhub
Didn’t mean to quote

Seaside Dave
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

What was the allocation they wanted to originally give us before we opted for 50_50

The Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

What was the allocation they wanted to originally give us before we opted for 50_50

Guessing the same as they gave us for the league cup semi.

Bazzas right boot

Still can't understand why folk and the media don't understand the difference of offering and giving the option of clubs to have a 50/ 50 split vs selling it out.

Every club should be given the option or opportunity to have a 50/50 split, then if not sold out, the  tickets given back to the the other side at an agreed timescale to allow a many fans in as possible. 

It shouldn't be a debate.

Pretty simple 

Clubs offered 50/50.

If club says no, then no issue.

If club takes the 50%, they get x weeks to sell a set %. It not sold  % they give the remainder back to the other side who can then sell them.

It should just be the same for every neutral tie.

No idea why it's such a big discussion point in Scottish football.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Still can't understand why folk and the media don't understand the difference of offering and giving the option of clubs to haveca 50/ 59 split vs selling it out.

Every club should be given the option or opportunity to have a 50/50 split, then if not sold out, the  tickets given back to the the other side at an agreed timescale to allow a many fans in as possible. 

Pretty simple 

Clubs offered 50/50.

If club takes the 50%, they get x weeks to sell a set %. It not sold, % they give the remainder back to the other side who can then sell them.

Here's a radical thought....

It could be, and I know this is controversial, but it could just be.... rigged in favour of a malignant duopoly?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Here's a radical thought....

It could be, and I know this is controversial, but it could just be.... rigged in favour of a malignant duopoly?

Nah,  that's just crazy.

Wee Mikey
20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Still can't understand why folk and the media don't understand the difference of offering and giving the option of clubs to have a 50/ 50 split vs selling it out.

Pretty simple 

Clubs offered 50/50.

If club takes the 50%, they get x weeks to sell a set %. It not sold  % they give the remainder back to the other side who can then sell them.

But, you're 'solution' would mean  selling the worst seats first so as to be able to hand back tickets suitable for Hampden's rotten segregation arrangements.

Nah, Hearts made the right call meaning we've got D1, D2 etc. from the ½ way line towards the East stand rather than the stadium looking like a(nother) The Rangers home game ... remember the recent match v them?

Anyhoo, it's looking very much like there won't be all that many empty seats in any case.

There's been too much hot air regarding this topic.

1971fozzy

18-19,000 sold is an incredible achievement to be fair.  Considering we have 15,500 ST holders and some can’t/wont go.

travelling through to that hole on a Sunday given our recent record there is not to be sniffed at.  I’m looking forward to it. A semi final, the big cup, beers with mates. Perfect. And who knows what can happen 🤷🏻‍♂️🇱🇻🇱🇻

27 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

But, you're 'solution' would mean  selling the worst seats first so as to be able to hand back tickets suitable for Hampden's rotten segregation arrangements.

Nah, Hearts made the right call meaning we've got D1, D2 etc. from the ½ way line towards the East stand rather than the stadium looking like a(nother) The Rangers home game ... remember the recent match v them?

Anyhoo, it's looking very much like there won't be all that many empty seats in any case.

There's been too much hot air regarding this topic.

Correct. The handing back tickets isn’t an option unless clubs are happy to sell the shite seats to their fans and hand all the better ones back to the opponent. Aberdeen handed back 10,000 tickets ffs so let’s be honest the 50/50 split is only an issue when we play one of the old firm and even then not always the case. No other club is capable of selling what we have. 

Russ1977
53 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Pretty simple 

Clubs offered 50/50.

Purely because our whole game is based around 2 teams in Glasgow and it’s pretty much all the authorities and media care about. Us lot are just here to give them someone to beat. 

alicante jambo
8 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Couldn't get tickets for my kids as they're not registered... :(

If you need a reference just send me a message. Ive got 2 for me and the bird but she has points you can use.

Sherbet
1 hour ago, Russ1977 said:

Purely because our whole game is based around 2 teams in Glasgow and it’s pretty much all the authorities and media care about. Us lot are just here to give them someone to beat. 

Also, why at a neutral venue is there a rangers end and a celtic end. Surely whoever comes out the hat first should be given what is regarded  as the home end

This is My Story Podcast
5 hours ago, luckydug said:

We haven’t. The initial allocation was 18k, we aren’t there yet. Big Hearts and the FoH are launching something tomorrow as one last push to try get at least over the capacity of tynie. 

SectionN
8 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

We haven’t. The initial allocation was 18k, we aren’t there yet. Big Hearts and the FoH are launching something tomorrow as one last push to try get at least over the capacity of tynie. 

Superb. 

Bob Loblaw
27 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Point stands though, if come Sunday we have more than 18k we're justified in asking for 50%.

This is My Story Podcast
7 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Point stands though, if come Sunday we have more than 18k we're justified in asking for 50%.

Yeah true I suppose. As it’s stands now tho, we’ll have less than a normal home game attendance. Saturdays game vs Livi was 18.5k I believe, we still have a ways to go to beat that number come Sunday. 

Hopefully the initiative Big Hearts are launching tomorrow or this week can help boost numbers. 

Gundermann
1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

If you need a reference just send me a message. Ive got 2 for me and the bird but she has points you can use.

👍

PapaShango

Big Hearts have something on Twitter now to fundraise to send some families that couldn’t go otherwise. Great thing to do. 

Great initiative from big hearts and the club, I can't make it so I've made a donation, hopefully they are able to give a good few people a great day out!