Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

David McCaig
13 minutes ago, theshed said:

Just open it up for public sale from Monday 

Who cares if a few rangers fans end up in our end at least we can say we sold out and doesn’t look bad on tv 

Or at the very least allow those with 5+ LPs to buy as many tickets as they want.

It seems to be a bit off for the club to be complaining about fans not buying enough tickets whilst choosing to sell tickets in a restrictive way.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

hughesie27
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It will be more than that.  McKinlay said around 4k still to sell but I think it’s safe to say it’s over 4k rather rather than less as he also confirmed less than 17k sold (“over 16k” were the words he used).  If average price is £30 then currently it’s over £120k.  As you say, more tickets will be sold but I suspect not many. 

I do wonder though what the realistic figure / target was when this was discussed in the boardroom. 

Going with 4k left It's £120k but Hearts have paid for them. All ticket sales are distributed 25% each per team. So Hearts will get back 30k of the 120k we paid. 90k minus what we sell going forward.

Edited by hughesie27

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Gorgiewave said:

Our website says 5+ loyalty points required, yet a message from two days ago on the Facebook page says 20+ loyalty points are needed.

Could we at least be consistent with this?

That message also mentioned 5.

4 tickets to those with 20

2 tickets to those with 5

Edited by Mikey1874

Mikey1874
12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It will be more than that.  McKinlay said around 4k still to sell but I think it’s safe to say it’s over 4k rather rather than less as he also confirmed less than 17k sold (“over 16k” were the words he used).  If average price is £30 then currently it’s over £120k.  As you say, more tickets will be sold but I suspect not many. 

I do wonder though what the realistic figure / target was when this was discussed in the boardroom. 

If we have to pay £120k, we get £30k of that back. 

John Findlay

Posters continue to go round and round in circles.

MR INCREDIBLE

Think we should try and look at this a bit more positively.

We have already sold nearly 17,000 tickets for what is effectively an away game.

A superb effort !!!

Hopefully a few more will go in the next week 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Fxxx the SPFL

I don’t know why folks are getting their knickers in a twist the Beattie semi we only had 12k we’re due a win at Hamdump against The Rangers it’s our time we’ll win

Bongo 1874
39 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

We aren't going to be 150k down. If we don't sell another ticket then it will be around 90k at worst, assuming an average ticket price of £30. But we will sell more tickets.

Which could go towards the transfer budget.

Rampant

The headlines are a good laugh.

image.png.578856c482ce97d5d4e36fd20fdfd409.png

@Tam McManus - 'big club' is a relative term.  Relative to Hibs.  Who are the 'small club'.  Our ticket sales for Hampden continue to be bigger than Hibs, thus Hearts = big because Hibs = small.

"Hammered...Eye-watering" - it will be less than a month's FoH pledges.  We're probably still owed more from Rangers for the sale of Lee Wallace and we've coped fine without that.

If indeed such a sum is considered so significant, then where is the credit given to such a lowly club like Hearts for managing to bring 17k fans to what is effectively an away game for which the overwhelming odds are we will lose?

Drivel. All of it.

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Going with 4k left It's £120k but Hearts have paid for them. All ticket sales are distributed 25% each per team. So Hearts will get back 30k of the 120k we paid. 90k minus what we sell going forward.

But if it was a sell out with 4k extra Huns we are actually £120k worse off than 25% of the two pooled semis (if they both sell out).  Put it this way, Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen come away with £120k more than Hearts.  I think what you’re saying is only correct if there was going to be 4k empty seats (but there wouldn’t be because Rangers would sell them).

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We would be £120k worse off than the other 3 teams not £90k worse off.  

luckydug
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Brilliant post. Hundreds of context and great explanation. 

We should ask Andrew what he thinks about @Craigieboy from JKB :scenes:

hmfcbilly
41 minutes ago, sac said:

Doesn’t matter, the good thing is it’s Jambos who are buying the tickets. Any unsold ticket revenue will be more thane covered by reaching the semi and the income we receive from it.

10 days to go, pump Livvy and we might shift a few hundred more.

FTCFKAR

I dont think we are that well off we can look at taking a hit of 100k as 'doesn't matter'. That's a potential squad player on a 2k a week contract we may not be able to sign

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If the club genuinely believed we would sell out (I have my doubts) and their decision was based on that alone then they have made a poor business decision which is on them and not the fans who will be backing the club in increased numbers from the norm. 

And the interview I read from McKinley said if we don’t sell out we may not get 50/50 for future semis, it didn’t say anything about finals but possibly there is another interview doing the rounds?

Hardly increased numbers from the norm considering there will be more v livi.

indianajones

May not get 50/50 in the future is a ****ing joke from the Scottish football leaders. 

No interest in fair and equal from the start. Only interested in the appeasement of two arsehole clubs. How about you secure some decent sponsorship revenue and television rights for the league instead of charging teams for unsold tickets. 

It's a shambles. 

50 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Won't be as much due to tax.

47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Forgetting about VAT.

Deevers
29 minutes ago, Rampant said:

@Tam McManus - 'big club' is a relative term.  Relative to Hibs.  Who are the 'small club'.  Our ticket sales for Hampden continue to be bigger than Hibs, thus Hearts = big because Hibs = small.

"Hammered...Eye-watering" - it will be less than a month's FoH pledges.  We're probably still owed more from Rangers for the sale of Lee Wallace and we've coped fine without that.

If indeed such a sum is considered so significant, then where is the credit given to such a lowly club like Hearts for managing to bring 17k fans to what is effectively an away game for which the overwhelming odds are we will lose?

Drivel. All of it.

This 100%.

We’ll sell more before long

All of this tears and snotters at the behest of The Rangers by the usual snivelling ass licking media.

Tam McManus can kiss my arse.

Edited by Deevers

maroonsgotop
52 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

that's my take on it as well re the 25% pay back. However, I'm not sure we would have to pay the full price of £30 per ticket. Presumably there's some method of calculation to work out the average ticket sale price to take account of concession prices/sales  

zeke1874

Think any criticism should be aimed at the sfa for insisting Hearts and aberdeen have to pay for any unsold tickets. I applaud Hearts for taking them on here. And as for losing a wee bit of money, who cares..

If it means we have more supporters in whether we sell out or not that's still a good thing. 

We sold 1000 tickets in two days this week (direct from McKinley interview). 
Saturday is a home game. Ticket Office will be busy. 
Surely we will shift a couple of thousand without any initiative and they might come up with some incentive to shift more.  
ANYONE TALKING 4000 UNSOLD TICKETS AND QUOTING A LOSS BASED ON THAT IS JUST A SHIT STIRRER OR HOBO. IN PAPERS OR ON THIS FORUM. 

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

I was referring to previous semi final turn outs v the uglies.  This will more than usual.  Not sure what relevance a home league game v Livi has to do would anything.  

hughesie27
32 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

But if it was a sell out with 4k extra Huns we are actually £120k worse off than 25% of the two pooled semis (if they both sell out).  Put it this way, Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen come away with £120k more than Hearts.  I think what you’re saying is only correct if there was going to be 4k empty seats (but there wouldn’t be because Rangers would sell them).

I've no idea what you are on about. Hearts have already paid for the seats, whether they get sold to Hearts fans, Rangers fans or not a tall. The game will tech ically be a sell out as all seats will have been sold. Hearts will have paid 120k for 4000 empty seats. But they will get 25% of that back.

Hackney Hearts
17 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

There won't be more v Livi.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Sid said:

We sold 1000 tickets in two days this week (direct from McKinley interview). 
Saturday is a home game. Ticket Office will be busy. 
Surely we will shift a couple of thousand without any initiative and they might come up with some incentive to shift more.  
ANYONE TALKING 4000 UNSOLD TICKETS AND QUOTING A LOSS BASED ON THAT IS JUST A SHIT STIRRER OR HOBO. IN PAPERS OR ON THIS FORUM. 

😂😂Our CEO literally told us we still had 4k to sell, obviously we’ll sell more but will be hundreds rather than thousands.  And where did he say we’ve sold 1,000 tickets in 2 days?  He didn’t say that on the interview on Facebook, was there another?

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I've no idea what you are on about. Hearts have already paid for the seats, whether they get sold to Hearts fans, Rangers fans or not a tall. The game will tech ically be a sell out as all seats will have been sold. Hearts will have paid 120k for 4000 empty seats. But they will get 25% of that back.

Simple arithmetic.  Think about it. 

hughesie27
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Simple arithmetic.  Think about it. 

Yes, you should.

Wee Mikey
8 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I couldn't give a shiny shite how many Hearts supporters are at Hampden next Sunday. 

Of those of us going, let's get right behind the team from the off.

If we concede the first goal, let's be even louder.

Let's show them at Hampden and those watching on television what supporting our team is all about.

That's more like it. 👍

8 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This, will be at Hampden getting right behind the team and couldn't care less about empty seats

Methinks that there really won't be that many empty seats in any case.

The perennial naysayers are getting it off their chests as usual.

2012 semi final?

An atmosphere 2nd to none ... and yet there are those bumping their gums about the attendance on that unforgettable day?

We must be the only set of fans arguing about how 'embarrassing' our attendance was that fine day.

No 'embarrassment' whatsoever.

Everyone who attended had a mighty ball ... and those who missed out?

How about coming to Hampden and supporting yer team rather than sniping from the sidelines, eh?

You never know ... history might very well be made.

48 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Posters continue to go round and round in circles.

Most threads are like that.

Two pages and then it's the same guff repeated ad-nauseum.

An appropriate tune. 👇

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Yes, you should.

ok, simple fag packet maths:

Say both games sell out at £30 average ticket and 50,000 at each game.  That’s 100,000 x £30 = £3m

Each club receives £750,000 

But we were talking about 4,000 seats paid for by Hearts unsold.  That means out of the £750,000 Hearts receive they’d actually have to pay £120,000 so they only receive £630,000 net (not sure how it will work with VAT, etc), but the other 3 receive the full £750,000.  We don’t receive a cut of those 4,000 unsold tickets twice.  

27 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

😂😂Our CEO literally told us we still had 4k to sell, obviously we’ll sell more but will be hundreds rather than thousands.  And where did he say we’ve sold 1,000 tickets in 2 days?  He didn’t say that on the interview on Facebook, was there another?

“CEO McKinlay offered a sales update on Thursday, with a further 1000 briefs snapped up by punters in 48 hours”

You are clearly one of the negative frothers I was talking about.  

How to make the most negative spin possible. Just why. 

50 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

I dont think we are that well off we can look at taking a hit of 100k as 'doesn't matter'. That's a potential squad player on a 2k a week contract we may not be able to sign

Yeah , it was an admirable but ultimately silly decision  financially to ask for a 50/50 split.

Cant imagine for one minute the board would have thought  we would sell 21k tickets for a semi final against Rangers .

We've basically thrown 100k down the drain whether you agree with the decision or not.

The Natural Order

The easiest way to sell more semi tickets is for the club to announce that everyone who buys a ticket is guaranteed a ticket for the final should we get there.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Rampant said:

Drivel. All of it.

'bye the light of the silvery moon' were the talk of the toon' were the boys in maroon" fth, and mcanus🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦 

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, The Natural Order said:

The easiest way to sell more semi tickets is for the club to announce that everyone who buys a ticket is guaranteed a ticket for the final should we get there.

Except that’s not possible as the club has no idea who has bought all the tickets with fans being able to buy 4 tickets per account.  And ST holders who legitimately can’t make the semi would be missing out over daytrippers and non Hearts fans going to their first ever Hearts game.  It’s unworkable as the tickets have been sold totally differently to the Hibs semi. 

Gorgiewave

I'd like it if we had a live counter on the Club website. For all games.

And Joe Savage should livestream everything he does at work. Every YouTube video he watches, every agent he phones, every meeting with Naismith and Budge.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

I don’t know why folks are getting their knickers in a twist the Beattie semi we only had 12k we’re due a win at Hamdump against The Rangers it’s our time we’ll win

hearts fans up the ante, noise wise, 'itl seem like 20k plus we have there🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

BackOfTheNet

Thing is there will be fans who won’t have tickets now, but who will want tickets nearer the time. Could be a rousing victory against Livingston (hopefully) that shows a great performance as well as result, which could see tickets being bought after the game. Could simply be people knowing their time is free to make the trip. Could be someone gets a guarantee of not having to take a crap method of travel such as train or supporters bus where they have to deal with arseholes everywhere in a small vicinity. I bet if someone paid for 1000 cabs to take 4 people each through to Hampden and have them dropped off and picked up in short walking distance of the stadium, you’d sell 4,000 tickets in a day. It’s a shitehole area, which crap access that either costs you a bomb or you have to share with idiots. Every bus - and I mean every bus - will have one or two drunken arseholes who think you’re on a banter bus who gets on everyone’s nerve. Same with the trains when you’re packed like sardines.

Cameronstheman

It honestly sickens me when our own have a pop at our sales Re the Semi

What ever we take it will be fantastic numbers and a support to be proud of

See the moaning minnies on here you either aint going or unlikely to 

FTH

Jack Torrance
7 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

Don't think they could do that prior to our allocation being confirmed. They could however offer a loyalty point bonus and announce a loyalty point threshold for final ticket sales, meaning those attending the semi would have the opportunity to purchase available tickets.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Thing is there will be fans who won’t have tickets now, but who will want tickets nearer the time. Could be a rousing victory against Livingston (hopefully) that shows a great performance as well as result, which could see tickets being bought after the game. Could simply be people knowing their time is free to make the trip. Could be someone gets a guarantee of not having to take a crap method of travel such as train or supporters bus where they have to deal with arseholes everywhere in a small vicinity. I bet if someone paid for 1000 cabs to take 4 people each through to Hampden and have them dropped off and picked up in short walking distance of the stadium, you’d sell 4,000 tickets in a day. It’s a shitehole area, which crap access that either costs you a bomb or you have to share with idiots. Every bus - and I mean every bus - will have one or two drunken arseholes who think you’re on a banter bus who gets on everyone’s nerve. Same with the trains when you’re packed like sardines.

Why would a rousing victory over Livvy have any bearing whatsoever over the likelihood of victory against Rangers at Hampden?!  We won the Cup in 1998 in Glasgow against the same opposition and since then we've won 3 times through there against them! We've beaten Livvy 3 times at Tynecastle in the last couple of years. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

It honestly sickens me when our own have a pop at our sales Re the Semi

What ever we take it will be fantastic numbers and a support to be proud of

See the moaning minnies on here you either aint going or unlikely to 

FTH

Well said!

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Anyone other than TFKAR we would have sold out. 

Took me a wee while to work that one out lol

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

This 100%.

We’ll sell more before long

All of this tears and snotters at the behest of The Rangers by the usual snivelling ass licking media.

Tam McManus can kiss my arse.

Top posting

BackOfTheNet
23 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Why would a rousing victory over Livvy have any bearing whatsoever over the likelihood of victory against Rangers at Hampden?!  We won the Cup in 1998 in Glasgow against the same opposition and since then we've won 3 times through there against them! We've beaten Livvy 3 times at Tynecastle in the last couple of years. 

I’m clutching at straws maybe. But there might be a few that go to The game on Saturday, maybe have a few before the game, come out of a 4-0 win and feel good about it, talking with their mates in the pub after, half are going, half not. The half that are going convince the ones who’re not to buy a ticket after a few more. Something easy to do in a good mood, but not so much in a bad mood.

Not saying that’ll get thousands, but I bet there’s plenty who want to go, and are maybe 50/50 and just need something to convince themselves.

Some won’t buy a ticket because it’s Rangers

Some won’t because the travel to the stadium is crap

Some won’t because it’s £40 a brief

Some won’t because they can’t justify not only the cost of the ticket, but the cost of the travel, the drink, the food…

Some won’t because they were at the last semi against them, or the Ibrox game

For some only one of those reasons will be enough, for others ALL of the above will be their reasons for not going. But there will be some who will be looking at what they have left until pay day, or just need someone to go with, get a lift or place to crash or something before they commit. There’ll be plenty for who it’s small margins.

Slim1874
14 hours ago, stevie said:

Was brilliant,”bring on the hibees” at full time had the hairs on my neck standing up.We won’t win trophies without the belief and support from the fans.We are good enough to beat both of them at Hampden

We'll be back here in May, we'll be back here in May...

Was the one that sticks in my head, place was bouncing at full time