Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

19 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Of course we would.

If we get through it is inevitable that we will get 19k if it's v celtic and they will get 23k. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

GinRummy
13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

There are plenty reasons not to fancy it.

1. The expense (not just the ticket price)

2. We’ll get beat, possibly by a margin

3. Hampden is shite on so many levels

4. It’s on telly

5. There is no trophy for winning, you have to beat the other half next month

Aye those are all reasons. My opinion is if it had been against a club we had a better chance of beating we’d have sold half the tickets. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Tour22 said:

If we get through it is inevitable that we will get 19k if it's v celtic and they will get 23k. 

Aye because that’s what happened the last couple of finals v Celtic and Rangers right?  

It’s possible the SFA will have a change of heart but nothing to suggest that will be the case from previous finals.  

Not actually sure if we could get 19k the way the segregation works?  I think Aberdeen were getting 17 or 18k.

Anyway, no point worrying about something unlikely to happen!  If we get our first ever win against the Huns at Hampden then we can worry about it!

N Lincs Jambo
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

50/50 for 2 big clubs. I’d rather see empty seats in our 50% that we didn’t have to pay for. My only issue here is we were required to pay for the whole lot AND took it up the backside by agreeing to it. No other club has ever had to do that. No other club who knows their numbers would agree to it. It’s money for nothing and it will serve no purpose going forward, in fact it might make things worse 

Maybe it's time to open sales up to a general sale for anyone with a customer reference number and a purchase history? That should help sell a good few more tickets. Sales at the moment seem to have stalled.

If carlsberg did rivals...
43 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Same as they do in England isn’t it (without the unsold tickets having to be paid for by the club)?   They seem to care more about neutrality down there though. 

Tbh, not sure how it's done in England, obviously a lot bigger population in England so more clubs with a chance of selling 50% of a large neutral venue. Obviously their FA and league don't pander to two teams, which is always a help!

GinRummy
11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They weren’t there when we expected to (and did) beat ICT.   I just don’t think the demand is there unless it’s a special occasion, i.e. Hibs.  Until recently, us playing Hibs at Hampden was as rare as rocking horse shit as well so that added to the occasion.  The novelty has obviously worn off for Hibs as seen by their non attendance v us in last semi though!

As for our fans not fancying it, I think most of us are more concerned at our players not fancying it!

True about ICT but that was before demand for season tickets was so high and home attendances at high levels with rangers and Celtic allocations reduced plus the fact this game is off the back of a particularly good season. 

Despite my numerous posts on this thread my feeling is one of slight disappointment at the numbers sold. I didn’t expect us to sell out but did expect a bit better. My previous comment on sales being pathetic was a bit extreme. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

True about ICT but that was before demand for season tickets was so high and home attendances at high levels with rangers and Celtic allocations reduced plus the fact this game is off the back of a particularly good season. 

Despite my numerous posts on this thread my feeling is one of slight disappointment at the numbers sold. I didn’t expect us to sell out but did expect a bit better. My previous comment on sales being pathetic was a bit extreme. 

Fair enough.   I thought maybe 19k but that’s looking unlikely now. 

GinRummy
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Fair enough.   I thought maybe 19k but that’s looking unlikely now. 

Said in a reply to Jimmy I thought about the same. 

Shooter McGavin

I remember when we played Hibs in the semi-final, seeing just how many empty seats there were in their support. It was one of the biggest displays of s*itebaggery I think I've ever seen at the football.

Sadly, that's the route we're going down.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

luckydug
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You’re wasting your time mate, there’s too many on here who just don’t want to believe that!

I thought we’d maybe get up to 19,000 but looks like 17,000 might be more realistic now as they’re just getting sold in dribs and drabs.  Still good, stops thousands of Huns getting in and would be good to know what the club’s take was on this - was this their intention it have they made a bad miscalculation?  I still doubt they expected to sell out. 

17k is still a healthy support and certainly not pathetic.

We would be sold out by now with the normal allocation .

GBJambo
10 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I remember when we played Hibs in the semi-final, seeing just how many empty seats there were in their support. It was one of the biggest displays of s*itebaggery I think I've ever seen at the football.

Yes not great for the team to run out to that . Club has backed the fans here shame the fans haven’t done the same. 

Folk citing ICT etc that was before record season ticket sales  and a waiting list in the thousands . 

Daveandal
26 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Maybe it's time to open sales up to a general sale for anyone with a customer reference number and a purchase history? That should help sell a good few more tickets. Sales at the moment seem to have stalled.

It seems if you contact the ticket office directly and you have a purchase history they will sort you out. A few people on this thread have said they've done that. I can see why they aren't advertising it yet though.

Sales are still ticking over. 

Polonia Gorgie
7 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Yes not great for the team to run out to that . Club has backed the fans here shame the fans haven’t done the same. 

Folk citing ICT etc that was before record season ticket sales  and a waiting list in the thousands . 

20 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Surely you can see why some fans get despondent when travelling to Glasgow. We basically hardly ever come back with anything!! I'm going, I've got my ticket. But it's getting harder for me to keep going. I was boaking after our performance at Hampden in November. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Pity the players don’t back the fans for this fixture.  17/18k is pretty good for a fixture that the team doesn’t turn up for, it’s not the fans that are the problem.  Not sure why people are surprised and those blaming the fans - you’re basically blaming 5/6k people (actually more as a fair number of ST holders wont be going either) that don’t normally go to watch Hearts.  I find it all a bit bizarre. 

Polonia Gorgie
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pity the players don’t back the fans for this fixture.  17/18k is pretty good for a fixture that the team doesn’t turn up for, it’s not the fans that are the problem.  Not sure why people are surprised and those blaming the fans - you’re basically blaming 5/6k people (actually more as a fair number of ST holders wont be going either) that don’t normally go to watch Hearts.  I find it all a bit bizarre. 

I completely agree, blaming fans for shite baggary but no criticism towards or last 3/4 performances against them

N Lincs Jambo
11 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

It seems if you contact the ticket office directly and you have a purchase history they will sort you out. A few people on this thread have said they've done that. I can see why they aren't advertising it yet though.

Sales are still ticking over. 

I didn't know that. I was possibly hoping to get tickets for myself, my eldest daughter and my son-in-law. I've now ended up working that day anyway but if I'd known I would have put things in place. When did the purchase history thing start? I'm pretty sure it must date back to at least 2006 as I got a hospitality package for the semi that year direct from the club.

Daveandal
1 minute ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I didn't know that. I was possibly hoping to get tickets for myself, my eldest daughter and my son-in-law. I've now ended up working that day anyway but if I'd known I would have put things in place. When did the purchase history thing start? I'm pretty sure it must date back to at least 2006 as I got a hospitality package for the semi that year direct from the club.

I'm not sure. But there was a couple of posts on here saying they were below the LP number but contacted directly and got sorted once the office looked at their history.  

I suppose all posts like that should be taken with caution but anyone in a similar situation I'd say its definitely worth at least emailing to enquire.

Fozzyonthefence
44 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Nothing has changed.  In fact we will have a bigger support this time than we normally do for a semi v either of OF.  The fans are doing their bit but hopefully one thing changes and that is the team to stop being shitebags against the Huns!

N Lincs Jambo

I'm not sure. But there was a couple of posts on here saying they were below the LP number but contacted directly and got sorted once the office looked at their history.  

I suppose all posts like that should be taken with caution but anyone in a similar situation I'd say its definitely worth at least emailing to enquire.

Yeah let’s hope a few people on here read that and get in touch directly.

1 hour ago, Tour22 said:

Wrong. We will get 50%

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, JamboJase59 said:

Spoke to a mate in ticket office yesterday, and the figure was just around 16.5k sold. 

And Joel Sked spoke to the club yesterday morning, and was told we'd sold 16k.

So if we sold 500 tickets yesterday - keep that up and we'll be sold out by next Friday... 👍

😉

Victor Meldrew

Despite being a lifelong fan, shareholder and FoH subscriber I haven't been to home games for a while so don't have the 5 point. Is there anyone who might be prepared to get me a couple of tickets for my son and his friend? TIA

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Despite being a lifelong fan, shareholder and FoH subscriber I haven't been to home games for a while so don't have the 5 point. Is there anyone who might be prepared to get me a couple of tickets for my son and his friend? TIA

The advice today is phone the ticket office, they will see your sales history and show mercy

wentworth jambo
7 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

And Joel Sked spoke to the club yesterday morning, and was told we'd sold 16k.

So if we sold 500 tickets yesterday - keep that up and we'll be sold out by next Friday... 👍

😉

And someone else was told by the TO that no sections were being held back - all were on sale....so no-one really knows how many are sold but some will always head towards the most negative spin in order that they have something to gripe about

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

And someone else was told by the TO that no sections were being held back - all were on sale....so no-one really knows how many are sold but some will always head towards the most negative spin in order that they have something to gripe about

I’m pretty sure the TO will know how many have been sold.  And in the last two days they’ve confirmed 16k and 16.5k.  Nobody is putting any spin on that except the fantasists with their 18/19k which goes against the information the club is giving out.   I can understand a bit confusion about what sections are open but the numbers will be pretty straightforward - it’s what the club are telling us!

John Findlay

Round and round in circles some posters keep going.

mainstandjambo

Excluding F7 and G1 there are currently 351 available in the other sections.

Daveandal
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m pretty sure the TO will know how many have been sold.  And in the last two days they’ve confirmed 16k and 16.5k.  Nobody is putting any spin on that except the fantasists with their 18/19k which goes against the information the club is giving out.   I can understand a bit confusion about what sections are open but the numbers will be pretty straightforward - it’s what the club are telling us!

Or people are just trying to give numbers on a ticket sales thread.

I'd prefer someone counting dots and being positive about sales than moaning. But makes me a fantasist.

Every count I've seen has come with caveats that it's a best guess. No one I've seen has said they are right and the club is wrong. In fact they have explained why there was a difference. 

I hope next time someone questions waiting lists, hotel margins, pay structures etc. People will be defending the clubs official word so robustly.

Shooter McGavin
57 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Surely you can see why some fans get despondent when travelling to Glasgow. We basically hardly ever come back with anything!! I'm going, I've got my ticket. But it's getting harder for me to keep going. I was boaking after our performance at Hampden in November. 

True, our record there is nothing to shout about.

Although, we've sold-out season tickets, have a 7,000 strong waiting list, have two wins against Celtic this season (one being in Glasgow).

We've made good progress towards becoming the third force in Scotland, and clearing a gap behind us. But fans collectively s*hiting it, letting the club down after they put their neck on the line for us, and essentially playing a part in us being shafted in the foreseable when it comes to our allocations at Hampden, is not good.

If folk decide to stop going to games because they think we won't win, imagine all the iconic moments they'll miss out on.

hughesie27
1 hour ago, Tour22 said:

No, we will get half. Just like we have in every other Scottish Cup Final since Hibs (covid Final excluded)

scott herbertson
33 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

If you have no joy with the ticket officePM me with how to organise it and I will

luckyBatistuta

I just don’t get anyone not going because they think we’ll lose, or it’s a crap stadium, they’re poor excuses. We don’t get to a semi every year, so it’s  a big game for the club. I still just try to enjoy a decent day out with pals, you can’t win them all. Maybe this will be our time though🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦 🏆 

Felix Lighter
35 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

You've already had an offer I see, but if you are stuck gimme a shout. My tickets are secured, but I'm entitled to another couple.

Fozzyonthefence

I'd prefer someone counting dots and being positive about sales than moaning. But makes me a fantasist.

Every count I've seen has come with caveats that it's a best guess. No one I've seen has said they are right and the club is wrong. In fact they have explained why there was a difference. 

I hope next time someone questions waiting lists, hotel margins, pay structures etc. People will be defending the clubs official word so robustly.

I’m not moaning about ticket sales, I think they’re ok and still 10 days to go but I will just go by the numbers advised by the ticket office if that’s ok with you.  I’m pretty confident they’ll have much more of a clue about this given that they’re employees of the club and it’s their day to day job.  No point being positive if it’s not based on reality.  

11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

No, we will get half. Just like we have in every other Scottish Cup Final since Hibs (covid Final excluded)

CEO has just said we will struggle to get 50% in the future. 

Edited by Tour22

hughesie27
Just now, Tour22 said:

CEO has just said we will struggling to get 50% in the future. 

For Semis. We have sold out our allocation fir every final. Why would not selling out a Semi change that?

Edited by hughesie27

alicante jambo
46 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

My bird has enough points so could help you with tickets. I got us 2 and i see others have offered but if they fall through just give me a shout and we will meet you at tynecastle to get them.

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

CEO just confirmed 17k sold with 4k to go. 

Brilliant stuff. Would hope with the announcement and the game on saturday we can shift a few more.

Hackney Hearts
35 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m pretty sure the TO will know how many have been sold.  And in the last two days they’ve confirmed 16k and 16.5k. 

Both those figures were from yesterday. And now they're saying 17k. At this rate we'll be sold out in no time!

9 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

It is such a weird thing for people get narky about eh 

How dare you call Joel Sked and Hearts a bunch of filthy liars , you fantasists :lol: 

132goals1958
31 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

I am going with hope more than expectation and like you the the league cup performance left me more than a little despondent. The police moving our bus from the drop off point didn't help the mood either, Of course many don't fancy the prospect of a likely defeat but I think there are a number of other factors. Hampdump is such a depressing place and walking out after a bad result seems to be exacerbated by an compounded intrinsic feeling of doom gloom and despondency. I am just back from visiting my family down south. One of my grandsons plays rugby for Sevenaaks  under 17s. A number of them went to the recent Saracens v Harlequins Rugby match at the Tottenham new stadium. It was a pretty one sided match and although he was a neutral he was raving about the whole atmosphere, facilities and viewing experience. I accept we will never aspire to the dizzy heights of super stadia but I honestly believe we will be stuck ad infinitum with the entrenched views of the GFA who I fear will be stuck forever in the dark ages. The so called Hampden  rescue plan by Glasgow council never materialised and it was eventually bailed out by a Celtic and Rangers sympathisers. The GFA has and never will have an outward vision for the game in this country. They preferred a dilapidated Hampden as a sacrosanct option over a trio of better equivalents including Murrayfield. Properly marketed there would be a 67000 full house if the game was held at the Rugby headquarters. The SRU are on their uppers and the rental cost would be more than offset by the increased revenue.  Modernised stadiums throughout Europe are utilised for multi events as a matter of course. One only needs to recall the reaction from Celtic when asked to play us at Murrayfield that contemporary thinking is a pipe dream.

GBJambo
1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Brilliant stuff. Would hope with the announcement and the game on saturday we can shift a few more.

Hopefully the ones that are humming and hawing about getting a ticket , see the announcement and get the finger out

This might be complete bollocks, but...

We have 4000 left to sell, there are roughly 2000 currently available. So 2000 unaccounted for. We heard from Joel Sked that some tickets aren't on sale yet, but we've also been told all sections have been opened up. It's a mystery!

However, the front three and the back two rows aren't on sale for G1 and F7. Could it be that we have held back those rows for all sections to sell last? Could that account for the missing tickets?!

PapaShango
12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

For Semis. We have sold out our allocation fir every final. Why would not selling out a Semi change that?

Not sure we sold out our allocation in 2019 vs Celtic. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

CEO just confirmed 17k sold with 4k to go. 

So will everyone believe it this time or anyone still going to insist there are only 2k left and the CEO is just putting a negative spin on it so he can have a moan?

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, PapaShango said:

Not sure we sold out our allocation in 2019 vs Celtic. 

We did but it was a struggle iirc.  

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Right there we go then . Confirmation of how many sold 

A thousand more than was being reported , so we have either shifted a shit load in a day and we do not have much to worry about , or the reported figures were lower than reality

Does co firm that there must be a couple of sections held back too , so I was wrong to doubt that being the case :(