Brenda

neilnunb

PortyBeach
On 29/03/2024 at 09:01, Gillsland jack said:

Conveniently forget Kevin 'O Donnell and his antics at Darkheid, the chap Brines sending Takis off at Tynecastle helping Sellick to comeback from 2-0 down and many many more times the refs helped Sellick that I'm not going to waste anymore of my Friday holiday documenting.

Yes - the video lets itself down by suggesting O’Donnell was hard done by. He blatantly cheated us at Celtic Park. 
Where it perhaps redeems itself is by acknowledging that a Jambo referee - officiating at Hearts’ biggest match in umpteen years at Dens Park - was impeccably impartial. 
Maybe there’s a message there for the Masonic-riven Lanarkshire Referees’ Association?
Me? I’d have given Sandy a penalty without hesitation. 

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannymack

• Fozzyonthefence

• Sooks

• PortyBeach

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

132goals1958
On 29/03/2024 at 14:55, dannymack said:

Early 60s too that the aulder clown clearly forgot with his selective memory. 20201121_171917.thumb.jpg.9f8d33800b75fc658a824dbae0c8661f.jpg

IMG_20190112_102428.thumb.jpg.fe81636079d632304da50d190e3ad8fe.jpg

IMG_20190112_102452.thumb.jpg.a27d6647da2382b89b107c65ef506e33.jpg

Was at that game and remember the penalty incident at the Gorgie Road end. The referee a Mr R H Davidson who also awarded Celtic a goal in the 1956 cup final after the most blatant foul on Willie Duff. Spoiled our record of not conceding a goal during our cup run. 

dannymack
34 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Was at that game and remember the penalty incident at the Gorgie Road end. The referee a Mr R H Davidson who also awarded Celtic a goal in the 1956 cup final after the most blatant foul on Willie Duff. Spoiled our record of not conceding a goal during our cup run. 

Another incident where that horrible lot have conveniently forgotten about and probably more of that too around that time... honestly makes my blood boil. 

Thankfully Heart of Midlothian were victorious that day 🏆

Deevers
55 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

It was pretty well known at that time that Davidson was more than just a tad sympathetic to Celtic.  The bias of certain officials goes way back to the fifties and probably well before that.  With the advent of TV and other technology it’s become just that bit harder for the powers that be to cover it up. It’s an open secret these days - everybody knows who favours who. 

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

It was pretty well known at that time that Davidson was more than just a tad sympathetic to Celtic.  The bias of certain officials goes way back to the fifties and probably well before that.  With the advent of TV and other technology it’s become just that bit harder for the powers that be to cover it up. It’s an open secret these days - everybody knows who favours who. 

That is why despite its faults , I do not want rid of VAR . Most of the kicking off about it is coming from the old firm when the spotlight is shone on them . That in itself tells a story . We need to get better at using it though for sure 

colinmaroon
58 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Also at that game and already before that come to the conclusion that R H Davidson was a Class 1 cheat.  Made Prime look fair.

VAR would have crucified him.  He so obviously made it up as he liked and Celtic he adored when playing Hearts.  Funny how we used to get him for Cup ties v Celtic.

dannymack
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That is why despite its faults , I do not want rid of VAR . Most of the kicking off about it is coming from the old firm when the spotlight is shone on them . That in itself tells a story . We need to get better at using it though for sure 

That's my exact grounds for VAR to remain, for as long as they both remain in the SPFL then at least we have a chance, unfortunately there are still flaws which I'm hopeful will be overcome. 

dannymack

Any of you older timers remember the League Cup Semi Final from 1976-77 season... even more controversy against that lousy lot.

Interestingly only just under 22k attended this game. 

Click on the picture and zoom in. 

Screenshot_20240402_095303_PhotoDirector.thumb.jpg.f525f6247aaa9af1e7bf9cb8d4ada62f.jpg

Screenshot_20240402_095736_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7549dbb2cdb163b0820ae45c5d4c24ac.jpg

Edited by dannymack

6 minutes ago, dannymack said:

That's my exact grounds for VAR to remain, for as long as they both remain in the SPFL then at least we have a chance, unfortunately there are still flaws which I'm hopeful will be overcome. 

Precisely 

Deevers
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Spot on Sooks. No hiding place now - and they know it.

132goals1958
1 hour ago, dannymack said:

Any of you older timers remember the League Cup Semi Final from 1976-77 season... even more controversy against that lousy lot.

Screenshot_20240402_095303_PhotoDirector.thumb.jpg.f525f6247aaa9af1e7bf9cb8d4ada62f.jpg

Screenshot_20240402_095736_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7549dbb2cdb163b0820ae45c5d4c24ac.jpg

Was at that game as well and remember the controversy when Dalglish used his rear end to win the penalty with Gallacher more or less standing his ground. We were huge underdogs that day which helped  add further insult to injury . As you pointed out the terracing was pretty sparse that night

Deevers

Huge rage now that terrorist lovers have discovered that Beaton is to referee the Old Firm game. The SFA sure know how to court controversy. 

2 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Was at that game as well and remember the controversy when Dalglish used his rear end to win the penalty with Gallacher more or less standing his ground. We were huge underdogs that day which helped  add further insult to injury . As you pointed out the terracing was pretty sparse that night

Yes, a ridiculous penalty - Dalglish had a reputation for diving when with Celtic (I remember a blatant dive to put them 1 up at Tynecastle in '72, but sadly for Dalglish we came back with four to win 4-1 😁). 

Danny McGrain was kicking Prentice upside down with no fouls being given at Hampden and Prentice merely clicked heels for his red card.  Jim Brown had scored a great goal just before half time but Dalglish (to be fair) scored a very good equaliser right on half time. Celtic had missed 10iar and were not a great team that season, they needed help to win.....

Fraggle

Would love to see the paranoid rage from Celtic and their fans after the SFA/SPFL referee announcement for the next (not) Old Firm game. If Rangers do win, I think there could be events that see another referee walk out. 🤣

16 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Would love to see the paranoid rage from Celtic and their fans after the SFA/SPFL referee announcement for the next (not) Old Firm game. If Rangers do win, I think there could be events that see another referee walk out. 🤣

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/huns-vs-celtic-pre-match-thread-sunday-7-april-at--t141824-s160.html

IMG_6597.jpeg

IMG_6598.jpeg

IMG_6599.jpeg

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, Deevers said:

Huge rage now that terrorist lovers have discovered that Beaton is to referee the Old Firm game. The SFA sure know how to court controversy. 

Nope could work in their favour Beaton will ensure he’s on the hoops side this time any contentious decisions father Collin will provide guidance as the fourth official 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, Deevers said:

I was hoping it would be Beaton or Collum, just for the outrage from whichever didn't get "their man". 

I see that in order to even things up a wee bit, Collum is fourth official and Walsh is on VAR 

AndrewB
5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I was hoping it would be Beaton or Collum, just for the outrage from whichever didn't get "their man". 

I see that in order to even things up a wee bit, Collum is fourth official and Walsh is on VAR 

Fourth official has no influence.  Ref and VAR are the key ones.  Saving Collum for a key role in the next one.  I’m with you BTW: the seethe is hilarious but predictable.

Deevers
39 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Nope could work in their favour Beaton will ensure he’s on the hoops side this time any contentious decisions father Collin will provide guidance as the fourth official 

Come on now - we all know if he does that he’ll not be able to visit his favourite pub after the game. 😁

henrysmithsgloves

Bet it was fun at the sfa meeting picking the referee's for the arse cheeks game🤣🤣🤣 can just imagine the thimothys seeing this 🤣🤣

th-1586946362.jpg

th-816112638.jpg

Lone Striker
45 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Interesting post from "recidivist" - kind of gives an insight into how ref allocations work .... em.... behind the scenes.

Beaton being in shows how pathetically weak we've been behind the scenes 

:cornette:

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

th?id=OIP.YHVORFeyNMj8LPrnVf2nWgAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

Lone Striker
6 hours ago, dannymack said:

Yes, I was there too.  Appalling ref performance.     Bobby Prentice got fouled umpteen times without any card being shown.

Refs in the 70s all seemed to see nothing  wrong with Dalglish's party-piece of backing into a defender to put him off balance, turn and then fall as if he'd been shot.

Strangely, he stopped doing that  at Liverpool (iirc) once  refs stopped giving penalties for it.

colinmaroon
7 hours ago, dannymack said:

Alexander, another SFA cheat and OF lickspittle.

dannymack
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

There's been a few but hopefully moving forward the new VAR system* will rat them out. 

*system applications, system being reviewed, clubs appealing against decisions etc etc

dannymack

I'd love to see the moving footage of this incident but even this still image is very suspect given the position of the two Hearts players and the ball. 

Again the decades have flew in from this game but controversy has followed that horrible lot everywhere they go and 9 times out of 10 it falls in their favour.

20201121_171917.jpg

jock _turd

He is going to be delighted that Beaton has been given the OF next game😂

maroonsgotop
9 hours ago, dannymack said:

I was in the Main Stand that night. Hearts were huge underdogs and were doing really well until the normal ghost penalty incident screwed us over yet again

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Kilmarnock will beat them. 

when are Kilmarnock playing them? 

VALDOS'
On 29/03/2024 at 13:25, No Idle Talk said:

Watched it years ago. Frankly, I doubt there is much said about Rangers or how referees operate or are selected that is far from the truth. 

Where Celtic fans lose all credibility, in my eyes, is when they fail to recognise or acknowledge that for a long time now they have been the beneficiaries of dodgy/incompetent refereeing against everyone else in Scottish Football. The litany of disgraceful decisions we alone have been on the wrong end of in the last few years is enough make you vomit. That's just in the last few seasons. Never mind before that or what other teams have had happen to them. 

I will never tell a Celtic fan they are wrong to feel Rangers benefit from some institutional bias. They blatantly do. But Celtic have for some time now been receiving the same privileges. So I have f all sympathy for them. 

An odious club who deserve every single ounce of negative energy that comes into they're path, in which ever form that may be.

Brendan slots in just nicely there it must be said.

Edited by VALDOS'

1971fozzy

Beaton will 100% be hilariously pro sevco. Nothing surer. Will be comedy gold.

jr ewing
37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

when are Kilmarnock playing them? 

Top six.

HeartsandonlyHearts
29 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Game is on over here at 7am on CBS Sports. I usually don’t care about it but I will be setting an alarm for this one. This could get nasty. I’d love to see a meltdown by a few players. I hope VAR is worked overtime and there’s tons of terrible decisions made. Yellow and red cards strewn all over the place and Brenda fights Clement on the sidelines. Debris tossed around on the pitch like confetti and then the halftime and full time studio talk is how this is what makes this game so huge all over the world 😜

I honestly hope it’s a Scottish football embarrassment. I ****ing hate them both. Total scum.

HHGH

dannymack
7 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Bet it was fun at the sfa meeting picking the referee's for the arse cheeks game🤣🤣🤣 can just imagine the thimothys seeing this 🤣🤣

th-1586946362.jpg

th-816112638.jpg

Plenty celtic players through the decades were in the brotherhood, the imbeciles on the terraces and in the stands surely are aware of this ?

dannymack
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Can't wait... I sincerely hope celtic get beat with massive controversy surrounding Rangers' last minute winner 😄

henrysmithsgloves
37 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Plenty celtic players through the decades were in the brotherhood, the imbeciles on the terraces and in the stands surely are aware of this ?

Nice to have a good bit of harmony though 🤕

Horatio Caine
15 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

th-1586946362.jpg

th-816112638.jpg

Levein at the back of that Lodge pic only adds to the conspiracy theories...

On 29/03/2024 at 13:25, No Idle Talk said:

Watched it years ago. Frankly, I doubt there is much said about Rangers or how referees operate or are selected that is far from the truth. 

Where Celtic fans lose all credibility, in my eyes, is when they fail to recognise or acknowledge that for a long time now they have been the beneficiaries of dodgy/incompetent refereeing against everyone else in Scottish Football. The litany of disgraceful decisions we alone have been on the wrong end of in the last few years is enough make you vomit. That's just in the last few seasons. Never mind before that or what other teams have had happen to them. 

I will never tell a Celtic fan they are wrong to feel Rangers benefit from some institutional bias. They blatantly do. But Celtic have for some time now been receiving the same privileges. So I have f all sympathy for them. 

Agree with this. Its far from the case that Rangers get everything and Celtic get nothing, both clubs 99 times out of 100 have virtually everything go for them in every game. 

Kyogos dives are beyond a joke for example. But then, Goldson has played basketball in his own box probably approaching a dozen times and not been penalised AND seems to have a preset penalty routine to draw fouls that is painfully transparent which referees eat up despite having seen him carry out multiple times - and penalties have been waived away for other teams because of the player blatantly looking for it. 

Ex member of the SaS
11 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Game is on over here at 7am on CBS Sports. I usually don’t care about it but I will be setting an alarm for this one. This could get nasty. I’d love to see a meltdown by a few players. I hope VAR is worked overtime and there’s tons of terrible decisions made. Yellow and red cards strewn all over the place and Brenda fights Clement on the sidelines. Debris tossed around on the pitch like confetti and then the halftime and full time studio talk is how this is what makes this game so huge all over the world 😜

I honestly hope it’s a Scottish football embarrassment. I ****ing hate them both. Total scum.

HHGH

Read a Celtic blog the other night that said the players should walk off if it's clear Beaton is at it. Would love to see something like this and the fall out it causes. Shame both A cheeks can't lose.

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

🤣

Hearts_fan
20 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Interesting post from "recidivist" - kind of gives an insight into how ref allocations work .... em.... behind the scenes.

Beaton being in shows how pathetically weak we've been behind the scenes 

:cornette:

I was going to highlight the same line. What a joke.

Recalling now Brenda’s recent post-match remarks at Tynecastle… Something along the lines of (referring to VAR) “The match was refereed outside the field”.

That club is an embarrassment of hypocrisy, an absolute embarrassment. Along with Rangers, I would add. Two equally boil-riddled arse cheeks.

Lone Striker
4 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

😃    Either that or the Lodge had been infiltrated by  Gerry Adams.  :scenes:

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

😃    Either that or the Lodge had been infiltrated by  Gerry Adams.  :scenes:

That would be some kind of “Fletch” type disguise if Gerry The Saint infiltrated that little get together.

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Read a Celtic blog the other night that said the players should walk off if it's clear Beaton is at it. Would love to see something like this and the fall out it causes. Shame both A cheeks can't lose.

They don’t do irony do they.

Half the games against either of the butt cheeks could see teams walking off then.

PortyBeach
21 hours ago, dannymack said:

I’ve heard Willie Collum has joined the craft. It makes sense: you don’t seemingly progress as a ref in Scotland if you’re not part of the Lanarkshire Referees’ Association (LRA) and you don’t get on within the LRA if you’re not a Freemason…

PortyBeach
11 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I remember we were in a similar position;

Whether ‘Red Card Saturday’ enters the Scottish football lexicon remains to be seen, but the combined actions of Beaton and Thomson at least brought back memories of a truly bizarre moment in Scottish football history.

One which still gets mentioned over 20 years later.

The day started innocently enough. Hearts, looking to kick-start an inconsistent opening four games to the 1996/97 season, travelled to a Rangers side hoping to keep up a 100 per cent record in their hope of capturing nine-in-a-row.

The visitors had a couple of early opportunities before Rangers cranked up the pressure and led 1-0 at half-time.
A minute into the second period Pasquale Bruno saw red for a second booking, which in itself wasn’t particularly unusual. Even in his short time in Scotland, the fiery Italian wasn’t a stranger to officials.
The latest infraction put his team at a serious disadvantage, which Rangers capitalised on when Paul Gascoigne doubled their lead, effectively ending Hearts’ chances.

Then Mr Gerry Evans took centre stage.

In the spell of seven incredible second half minutes, the referee produced not one, not two, but three additional red cards, leaving Hearts to play the final 23 minutes with seven men.”

©National World Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.Cookie SettingsTerms and ConditionsPrivacy noticeModern Slavery Statement

PortyBeach
9 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

I was going to highlight the same line. What a joke.

Recalling now Brenda’s recent post-match remarks at Tynecastle… Something along the lines of (referring to VAR) “The match was refereed outside the field”.

That club is an embarrassment of hypocrisy, an absolute embarrassment. Along with Rangers, I would add. Two equally boil-riddled arse cheeks.

So what do we think “behind the scenes” means? 
And what is its relevance to Rodgers’ claim that Beaton attempted - and succeeded - in subverting a match in Sevco’s favour?

dannymack
1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

I’ve heard Willie Collum has joined the craft. It makes sense: you don’t seemingly progress as a ref in Scotland if you’re not part of the Lanarkshire Referees’ Association (LRA) and you don’t get on within the LRA if you’re not a Freemason…

Folk are convinced you can't join if your a Catholic but it's only the Vatican that forbid this practice. 

I know a number who are associated with the Church of Rome. 

However whether William Sean Collum has joined the craft or not, one thing is for certain, Willie is an absolute Gentleman who has morals and principles that would shame the majority of fans who question his allegiances and of course what side of the Gruesome Twosome he prefers. 

Canscot
9 hours ago, dannymack said:

Folk are convinced you can't join if your a Catholic but it's only the Vatican that forbid this practice. 

I know a number who are associated with the Church of Rome. 

However whether William Sean Collum has joined the craft or not, one thing is for certain, Willie is an absolute Gentleman who has morals and principles that would shame the majority of fans who question his allegiances and of course what side of the Gruesome Twosome he prefers. 

Then explain how if you purport to be a good practicing Catholic, you can join the Freemasons, against the wishes of the Vatican?🤷‍♂️