Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• vegas-voss

• Mikey1874

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jock _turd

Well that can only happen if this guy actually stumps up the cash surely ? It is an interesting scenario, in theory it works... in practice? Make no mistake all it really needs is for someone with money to burn to buy out a Scottish SPL club to out do the OF ... who really wants to burn money in the SPL?

Edited by jock _turd

pettigrewsstylist

Blah, blah. The figures mentioned so far will change nothing. Its a loan nursery on current plans announced.

Just need to wait and see what happens over the summer. 

Just as much of a chance that they will have forgotten about it by then. 

Bungalow Bill

Hibs aside, we need to loosen the purse strings and take advantage of group European football (should we get it). We need to cement 3rd place for years to come. 

Solidify third place? They’ve finished third four times in 45 years!

jock _turd
Just now, OTT said:

He's hardly going to say anything less is he?! 

Exactly! These billionaire types did not get rich investing large sums of money in deadbeat teams like Hibs and Bourenmouth. To make real money you need to buy teams with a huge background support none of the football teams this guy has invested in have that . You have to wonder what he is thinking. He needs a team to get European football on a sustainable basis. Girona look like getting him a place this season... he has no chance in the EPL ever unless he dumps a wad of money into Bournemouth.

Debut 4

It’s seriously cringe.  The comments aren’t based on historical fact or form where you may have justification to say these things.  

Of course you need ambition but some things that are said should be kept in the boardroom.  If anything, all you do it stoke the flames of your closest rivals. Teams gain even more hunger to beat you when you shout your mouth off about targets you’ve never even been close to before.

They are setting themselves up for another fall.  

Love it when they come out with stuff like this . Easily linked and copy and pasted , and rammed full of quotes and soundbites . An egg sandwich in the sun :) 

Mikey1874

Announce the permanent signing of Marcondes then. Show how positive things are.

NaturalOrder74

They get a draw against us and beat Ross county at home and they’re taking about taking on the old firm 🤣

Spellczech

They've always been good at talking. It appeared to have started to get them good transfer fees, but I have to say I suspect they may puff those...

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Hibs aside, we need to loosen the purse strings and take advantage of group European football (should we get it). We need to cement 3rd place for years to come. 

What purse strings are tight at the moment?

Des Lynam
33 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Look at the amount of money James Anderson has put into the club as a comparison. It’s well known at hibs that Ian Gordon is clueless. 

Jim_Duncan

Hibs board lay what on the table? Their sisters? Feck them. I give them as much notice as I do East Fife. An irrelevance. 

been here before
50 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Talk is cheap. 

So are Hibs.

vegas-voss

Selling season tickets chat.We are going to do this we are going to do that.Two seasons ago we were coming out with shit about cementing third place for years to come.End of last season Aberdeen were spouting the same and look at them now.

I like Hearts best when we just shut the **** up about the footballing side of things and just get on with it.

Go for it 1308
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What purse strings are tight at the moment?

I think he means some  marquee signings of significance.  He's got a point tho....we're going to have to replace Shankland at some point in the near future.

Clerry Jambo
19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree MIkey. They may attract decent loans but ultimately will need to increase their wage bill etc to get the decent players. 

Hearts are raking in the money, if we just nail the recruitment in the right areas we have the platform to stay where we are 

Gundermann
19 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

They get a draw against us and beat Ross county at home and they’re taking about taking on the old firm 🤣

They'll be send footballing ambassadors to Brazil soon to teach them how it's done in Abbeyhill.

Mikey1874

Squad changes in the summer crucial. Something the Gordons have failed at since they arrived. Still early days on the January loan signings where seems decent, but clearing out the likes of Boyle, Levitt, Vente, all the centre halfs and replacing them with better is the main challenge.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Selling season tickets chat.We are going to do this we are going to do that.Two seasons ago we were coming out with shit about cementing third place for years to come.End of last season Aberdeen were spouting the same and look at them now.

I like Hearts best when we just shut the **** up about the footballing side of things and just get on with it.

Yup - I was struck by how sparse parts of their ground were yesterday  Attendance 15,705 after what they were hailing as a great derby performance tells youi a lot about their financial prospects.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 161522.png

Clerry Jambo
35 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s seriously cringe.  The comments aren’t based on historical fact or form where you may have justification to say these things.  

Of course you need ambition but some things that are said should be kept in the boardroom.  If anything, all you do it stoke the flames of your closest rivals. Teams gain even more hunger to beat you when you shout your mouth off about targets you’ve never even been close to before.

They are setting themselves up for another fall.  

Agree Debut, they have raised expectation levels of the fans, they have always been a mouthy lot from board to supporters 

4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

With 6 million 🤣🤣

"Much of the 6 million will be spent on infrastructure projects". 

To put this in context, Rangers spent 4m on their second choice left back. 

It's an amount of money which won't make a difference, and they will be playing unseasoned Bournemouth loanees in a league where "know-how" is crucial (see Steven Robinson and Derek McInness). 

Scott Monument
Just now, scott herbertson said:

Yup - I was struck by how sparse parts of their ground were yesterday  Attendance 15,705 after what they were hailing as a great derby performance tells youi a lot about their financial prospects.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 161522.png

I very much doubt that was the real figure the place looked empty even for their standards 

HoGwash
49 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

What does this even mean. Any cursory glance at our accounts would show that our playing budget has increased signifcantly over recent years and is directly related to our huge increases in turnover. As long as our income keeps increasing, through the likes of European football, our outlay on the team will go up.

Thunder and Lightning

Oh no. Not mighty hibs. 

**** off ya tramps. 

Bazzas right boot

Every club will try to improve. 

The proof will be in the results.

LogicalEric

Guy didn't become a Billionaire by burning through his money. Just have to look at Lorient and Bournemouth to see he's not going to be extravagant. Borderline deluded to think he's going to start chucking millions and millions into Hibs.

132goals1958
8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Good timing to reel them in.

tiger Rudi
31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or maybe we should! 🤣

kingantti1874

The investment isn’t enough to close the gap that already exists between hibs and hearts. Never mind the additional £2.5m to £3m total turnover increase with expected  50% profit  following the hotel project. 

aside from this, they claim turnover will be £15m next season including this investment. They also claim they will be self sustaining and their wage to turnover ration will be back to around 65%.  Their current wage bill is c£10m at a wage to turnover ration of 81%.

now it doesn’t take a genuius to work out not all of the above statements made by hibs can be true.  65% of £15m is £9.75m.  So where is the huge increase in wages which will result in expected success? 

all of this said, it’s about time we did look to move forward a level and recruit higher quality players.  We should however have no fear.  Of them.  They are a fundamentally smaller club.  

AND if for some reason it does work out and they don’t hold true to their own statements and spend big then I have zero doubt at all that hearts would be able to secure additional investment if we wanted.  On our terms, without the desperation of becoming a feeder club.  We are easily and bay far away the most attractive investment opportunity in Scottish football

Edited by kingantti1874

Салатные палочки

His other clubs are doing well in fairness. 

Spellczech

To close the gap on the OF, you actually need them to come back towards you too. This used to happen with bad manager choices and spending on poor players but the OF have such a large gap that generally they can afford to have quite a few expensive duds...

They also have a policy of jointly taking apart any squad which even threatens to close the gap, and that is the real problem...they protect their duopoly. The 1980s competition from Aberdeen, DUFC and even us to a far less successful extent will never be allowed to happen again due to Bosman and wages disparity.

The key thing we need to do is become a club which players do not want to leave on a free. We need players to want to do what Gordon did before his move to Sunderland. Losing the likes of Ritchie, Webster, Patterson and Souttar for nothing is not the way forward. Clubs like Killie and even Hibs seem to get more loyalty from their better players. We need to identify why and correct the situation.

Edited by Spellczech

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Well that’s the lochenders setting their stall out. Do we need to re-evaluate or happy with what we do recruiting wise, increase our budget etc?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-celtic-rangers-old-firm-billionaire-bournemouth-black-knight-football-foley-4538908

Good for them. They are 'special'. ER is like one of those schools where everyone is a winner no matter how absolute shite they really are. 

SMJ_1874

They’re forever in our shadow. Meanwhile our own plans are based on sustainability and to make our home a 365 day operation unlike our wee neighbours who only use it 19 times plus cup games per season. 

If we can get groups stages and even get out the groups then the financial rewards will see an even stronger squad being assembled. We’ve failed once but it was a great learning curve for our club. The financial brains behind our current operations will not make the same mistake twice.

We are light years ahead of that mob both on and off the park. 

Benny Klack
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I never worry about the vermin.

Yes - agree with this approach. I sometimes worry about what Hibs are going to do following on from a recent manager appointment / player signing / financial investment but then I remember it’s Hibs and they always have been and always will be, sh1te. 

4marsbars
1 hour ago, Zico said:

Solidify third place? They’ve finished third four times in 45 years!

Yes, but your figures are from the actual league table.

If you looked up the 'flair, we should have scored (extravagant claim) table', you'd find a different story.

1 hour ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Exactly this. We need to start showing more ambition to close the gap.

Valois No1

I think it’s one to be aware of. I agree that right now it could all be talk but then people said that about Romanov and he did fund some excellent players. The proof is in the pudding and 6million although welcome isn’t going to change much. I’m sure our board will be keeping tabs on them though and so they should. 

I still maintain that out of any club in Scotland Hearts are a team to invest in. Our facilities are top class and we are by and large debt free. We have a support that has the potential to add another 10k per game if the stadium allowed it and some sort of challenge on the park. 

HHGH

Weebroon98

I wonder how many managers they will go through when they don't might the targets, i think monty will be punted at the end of the season. Foley has 2 of his guys on the board so ian gordon will just be told what to do and say. Essentially the gordons are just a front for the yankball corporation

boag1874

Everyone who comes in to that club says this shite. In reality they need to spend big just to keep up with us never mind the OF.

If they start bringing in players on about 15-20k a week I‘ll worry, until then they can keep talking