Hibs board lay it on the table

Clerry Jambo

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, Mirror said:

Just need to wait and see what happens over the summer. 

Just as much of a chance that they will have forgotten about it by then. 

I'm anticipating constant reminders from us, lol.

How can they solidify that which they haven't done for as long as anyone can remember?

"I think firstly it is to solidify third place ... "

As for 'bridging the gap' betweeen themselves and the Glasgow duo and competing with them? They'll firstly have to bridge the gap between them and us. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• vegas-voss

• Mikey1874

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

adambraejambo

I'm sure the timing of this has nothing to do with season tickets going on sale soon, if they not already. 

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Announce the permanent signing of Marcondes then. Show how positive things are.

Any decent loan players turning up there would be looking for a better club to sign for permanently.

Luckies1874

Blah blah blah. A whole lot of nothingness. Time will tell on them. What I can say is we need to be concentrating on ourselves and utilising all the advantages that have been created. Recruitment will again be massive this summer where we need to add quality over quantity and bring in several players who can be immediate improvements as starters. 

part_time_jambo
2 hours ago, GBJambo said:

With 6 million 🤣🤣

6 million was the share purchase, not how much they intend to spend (if anything).

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

I'm anticipating constant reminders from us, lol.

How can they solidify that which they haven't done for as long as anyone can remember?

"I think firstly it is to solidify third place ... "

As for 'bridging the gap' betweeen themselves and the Glasgow duo and competing with them? They'll firstly have to bridge the gap between them and us. 

they will have to bridge the gap to st Mirren before us lol

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Exactly! These billionaire types did not get rich investing large sums of money in deadbeat teams like Hibs and Bourenmouth. To make real money you need to buy teams with a huge background support none of the football teams this guy has invested in have that . You have to wonder what he is thinking. He needs a team to get European football on a sustainable basis. Girona look like getting him a place this season... he has no chance in the EPL ever unless he dumps a wad of money into Bournemouth.

How do you work that out?

4 hours ago, Zico said:

Solidify third place? They’ve finished third four times in 45 years!

Solidifying Top 6 maybe :D 

Ray Gin
4 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Well that’s the lochenders setting their stall out. Do we need to re-evaluate or happy with what we do recruiting wise, increase our budget etc?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-celtic-rangers-old-firm-billionaire-bournemouth-black-knight-football-foley-4538908

They'll need to pump in £20 million per season to get anywhere near the old firm

Edited by Ray Gin

BelgeJambo

Foley knows keeping Bournemouth in the EPL is worth more than propping up a lost cause 

busbyfth

Ask FFFHibs fans - they won't say the exact words but many reckon they have potentially just sold their identity. Training/development club for Bournmouth - where the third teamers will be sent to "grow" - Really ? 

Even if Real Madrid came to us and said here's loadsa dosh - will you be one of our training/nurture  clubs ? What would you say ? (eg my answer would be, no thanks now F Off we have our own ID) 

kingantti1874

2 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Ask FFFHibs fans - they won't say the exact words but many reckon they have potentially just sold their identity. Training/development club for Bournmouth - where the third teamers will be sent to "grow" - Really ? 

Even if Real Madrid came to us and said here's loadsa dosh - will you be one of our training/nurture  clubs ? What would you say ? (eg my answer would be, no thanks now F Off we have our own ID) 

Bellingham and Vinicius on loan please then maybe 

kingantti1874

I wonder what kind of wonderful drugs these **** wits smoke.  Hearts will make more than £6m from Europe. And at last we don’t need to spend it on infrastructure 🤷‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They'll need to pump in £20 million per season to get anywhere near the old firm

£50m

Mikey1874
6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Any decent loan players turning up there would be looking for a better club to sign for permanently.

Marcondes will be the early signal of the real situation.

He's made a good start and if he continues he's certainly put himself in the window for a good move. As a lot of people probably aren't aware, he'll be 29 this week. He was having an okay career including 3 years at Brentford till he stalled last 2 or 3 years. He gets a good move to Championship most likely.

But if its the new promised land he has to be signing for Hibs on a very good wage. 

ToadKiller Dog

As Foley said he sees Hibs as a fun investment ,like buying the police academy box set of dvds or like Warnock sees his time at Aberdeen a wee but of fun.

buzzbomb1958
8 hours ago, Салатные палочки said:

His other clubs are doing well in fairness. 

Lorient hovering just above relegation places and he took their best player from them at a fraction of the price, Lorient fans hate his guts so would not say they are doing well 

Edited by buzzbomb1958

buzzbomb1958
4 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

FTH 

White Noise.

That is all. 

Season ticket soundbites

8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

The investment isn’t enough to close the gap that already exists between hibs and hearts. Never mind the additional £2.5m to £3m total turnover increase with expected  50% profit  following the hotel project. 

aside from this, they claim turnover will be £15m next season including this investment. They also claim they will be self sustaining and their wage to turnover ration will be back to around 65%.  Their current wage bill is c£10m at a wage to turnover ration of 81%.

now it doesn’t take a genuius to work out not all of the above statements made by hibs can be true.  65% of £15m is £9.75m.  So where is the huge increase in wages which will result in expected success? 

all of this said, it’s about time we did look to move forward a level and recruit higher quality players.  We should however have no fear.  Of them.  They are a fundamentally smaller club.  

AND if for some reason it does work out and they don’t hold true to their own statements and spend big then I have zero doubt at all that hearts would be able to secure additional investment if we wanted.  On our terms, without the desperation of becoming a feeder club.  We are easily and bay far away the most attractive investment opportunity in Scottish football

Their figures could work if some of their future players are owned by other clubs in the Foley stable and then lent to Hibs. The club loaning the players would also pay a large part of the loan players wages. This would be a similar arrangement to the one in place when Romanov was in charge.

Салатные палочки
36 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Lorient hovering just above relegation places and he took their best player from them at a fraction of the price, Lorient fans hate his guts so would not say they are doing well 

Yeah, there was a slight hint of sarcasm in my comment. 

buzzbomb1958
53 minutes ago, Салатные палочки said:

Yeah, there was a slight hint of sarcasm in my comment. 

👍

Deevers

Verbiage for the consumption of the numpties. Sounds oh so like the stuff Duff and Co came away with. Look how that finished.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Tiro said:

Their figures could work if some of their future players are owned by other clubs in the Foley stable and then lent to Hibs. The club loaning the players would also pay a large part of the loan players wages. This would be a similar arrangement to the one in place when Romanov was in charge.

But they haven’t done that with a bigger club in a bigger league. Lorient.  

Watt-Zeefuik

tin hat on but a stronger Hibs and stronger Aberdeen would be good for Scottish football. In the immediate term we need to stay above them of course but a stronger product from the whole of the "next three" means better results in Europe, more money in the game, hopefully one day a better TV deal, and so forth. Ultimately we can't be in the position where we are completely uncompetitive for salaries with mid-table ECL clubs like Plymouth or Blackburn.

Am I worried that Hibs are going to suddenly displace us from third regularly? No, no I am not.

mellors1874

£6 million on infrastructure and stadium development to start with.

Then the rest on players wages, signing on fees, agents fees and potentially transfer fees doesn't leave a lot to play with.

Add into the fact they have overspent this season won't have European money to rely on and not a lot of prize money from this season and can't fill their stadium I don't see how this even gets them anywhere.

hughesie27

Kensell speaks.

“The edge of the multi club network, that’s the edge for us. It’s the ability to trade and understand what other clubs are doing within that network and potentially get players either on loan or from within the network - and utilise other recruitment strategies and best practice. That is what I mean by edge, not financial."

Scary stuff for the rest of the League.

Edited by hughesie27

Wee Mikey
7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Kensell speaks.

“The edge of the multi club network, that’s the edge for us. It’s the ability to trade and understand what other clubs are doing within that network and potentially get players either on loan or from within the network - and utilise other recruitment strategies and best practice. That is what I mean by edge, not financial."

Meaningless waffle. No more, no less.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Meaningless waffle. No more, no less.

11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Kensell speaks.

Corporate waffle - reminds me of being back at work. 😎

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think Hibs will up their game, I hope they do, usually good for us

Chuck Berry
20 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Kensell speaks.

The edge of the multi club network, that’s the edge for us. It’s the ability to trade and understand what other clubs are doing within that network and potentially get players either on loan or from within the network - and utilise other recruitment strategies and best practice. That is what I mean by edge, not financial."

So they don't give clear answers on whether there will be further financial investment once the £6m is spent, there's your answer.

doctor jambo

Compete with the old firm means year on year 50k fans each week + kit sales etc

Boris5115

Hilarious stuff from Kensell. Mind you are their season tickets on sale or something. He might just add another couple of hundred concession season tickets dressed as seats with this jargon. Keep being Hibs. 

vegas-voss
5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Compete with the old firm means year on year 50k fans each week + kit sales etc

It shows how hard it is to compete Hearts record turnover £20.2m , Celtic £118m  and Rangers £83.5m and Rangers and Celtic will get numbers like that nearly every season .

John Findlay
37 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Kensell speaks.

So basically in the Black Knights scheme of things Hibernian FC are so on the edge of things, they are on the Dark side of the moon.

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Kensell speaks.

multi club network… they do realise this means transfers out of ER not just incoming and they’ll be paying themselves back with the made up fees transfers g between the clubs. Think Shankland in that system we’d have no say on his future and would never receive an actual fee. There’ll be tears and snotters down there before long.

Luckies1874
37 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I think Hibs will up their game, I hope they do, usually good for us

I believe this summer will see us increase our playing budget quite significantly. I think the next 2 or 3 windows will see us bringing in several players that will improve the starting 11. We may of course face the very difficult job of replacing Shankland’s goals but I do think that priority will be given to the first team squad over other projects especially given the likelihood we are back in the Conference League. I think lessons will have been learned from last season and whilst a lot of noise is currently coming from our neighbors there will be a huge desire to stay out in front of them and Aberdeen who regardless of the mess they are in this season, are the two who are undoubtedly seen as our challengers for 3rd on an ongoing basis. 

Edited by Luckies1874

RustyRightPeg

He's basically just said we're not a feeder club!! We're 4th in a pyramid scheme!!

All he's doing is blowing smoke up Hibs fans arses to try and get some breathing space for them as he's now starting to feel the heat from appointing and subsequently sacking 3 (4?) managers, and very nearly one more with Monty before he lucked out. 

It's heating up down there, and it could go spectacularly wrong. Cannot wait.

vegas-voss
9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

multi club network… they do realise this means transfers out of ER not just incoming and they’ll be paying themselves back with the made up fees transfers g between the clubs. Think Shankland in that system we’d have no say on his future and would never receive an actual fee. There’ll be tears and snotters down there before long.

Like Savio signed for Toulouse and they never even got to see him play before he was shipped to Girona and then he has an amazing season for them and Man City sign him for a knockdown fee all in the name of getting by FFP.

This is what will happen at Hibs but with a lot lower scale of player.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I believe this summer will see us increase our playing budget quite significantly. I think the next 2 or 3 windows will see us bringing in several players that will improve the starting 11. We may of course face the very difficult job of replacing Shankland’s goals but I do think that priority will be given to the first team squad over other projects especially Italy given the likelihood we are back in the Conference League. I think lessons will have been learned from last season and whilst a lot of noise is currently coming from our neighbors there will be a huge desire to stay out in front of them and Aberdeen who regardless of the mess they are in this season, are the two who are undoubtedly seen as our challengers for 3rd on an ongoing basis. 

I wouldnt say I was relaxed about losing Shankland, but we were probably apprehensive that Simms however brief his stay would not be replaced. I think we may go for a high profile loan if it does occur. The Bair boy at Motherwell has done very well, would perhaps be a decent squad option too.

Fort Vallance
54 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Corporate waffle - reminds me of being back at work. 😎

Blue Sky Thinking. Ignoring the dark cloud hovering above them.

Pans Jambo

Truth is....they can spend £25Million in the summer and they will STILL be pish. 

(& hibs 3rd place as well)

Edge = Periphery to me, looking at their status as a bit of "fun" as Foley described them. Clearly, the lowest club in this pyramid system.

Would annoy the **** out of me to be considered inferior to no marks like Bournemouth. 

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Kensell speaks.

Word salad

Gundermann
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Kensell speaks.

:gok:

Complete gibberish!

bla.gif

vegas-voss
12 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Edge = Periphery to me, looking at their status as a bit of "fun" as Foley described them. Clearly, the lowest club in this pyramid system.

Would annoy the **** out of me to be considered inferior to no marks like Bournemouth. 

They are loving it on hibs.net checking the results in the rest of the stable upset at Lorient letting the side down at the weekend 🤣

They now have three shite teams to follow 🤣

db211833

Heads firmly in the sand. That Kensell article has been out for hours, not even discussing it over there. If that was us would be pages deep by now.