Hibs board lay it on the table

Clerry Jambo

stevie1874
1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Hibs fans have no choice in the matter, they aren't going to convince Foley to let them leave his pyramid and there's no way they could raise the money to buy him out even he was willing to sell up.  They won't be trading the training ground for his shares either, as it's not theirs to trade.

I should imagine they could at sometime leave the pyramid set up if the majority shareholder decides it’s not working. The Gordon family are I think still the major shareholder and should have the final say on what happens to Hibs in the future. Shame they also are from across the pond and with no real links to the club. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• vegas-voss

• Mikey1874

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

vegas-voss
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Okay Hibs you can leave , but this is the price . Coincidentally it is the price of the training centre . I would accept that as the price for my shares . Dont worry though you can rent it too 

Think the training centre is already in a separate company by the Gordon's.

vegas-voss
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hard to keep track. Might be 4 now.

It's 3 from next season.

So three from Lorient , three from the Aussie club , three from Bournemouth and then three from the non contractual feeder arrangement Celtic.

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

I should imagine they could at sometime leave the pyramid set up if the majority shareholder decides it’s not working. The Gordon family are I think still the major shareholder and should have the final say on what happens to Hibs in the future. Shame they also are from across the pond and with no real links to the club. 

I agree, the Gordon's might decide to leave the pyramid at some point in the future, but the Hibs fans have zero say, and no way of doing anything about that.  

Mikey1874
10 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Hibs fans have no choice in the matter, they aren't going to convince Foley to let them leave his pyramid and there's no way they could raise the money to buy him out even he was willing to sell up.  They won't be trading the training ground for his shares either, as it's not theirs to trade.

Ron Gordon made it very clear when he took over that he wasn't interested in what the fans think. Just that they "pony up".

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ron Gordon made it very clear when he took over that he wasn't interested in what the fans think. Just that they "pony up".

Yes, and since he took over, HSL's shareholding has been diluted by almost 75% to the point that they are a complete irrelevance.  To think, they had the chance to take a majority shareholding, but couldn't be arsed to pony up.  That ship has now sailed for good.

John Findlay
51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

In a nutshell.

Boris5115
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

In a nutshell.

Tick Tock Boom 

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

They 'ponied up' as best they could and ended up with donkeys.

Their latest midfield (🤭) star. 👇

db211833
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Depends what has been written into the contract.  There will like break points and conditions etc.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

So three from Lorient , three from the Aussie club , three from Bournemouth and then three from the non contractual feeder arrangement Celtic.t

I don’t think they’ve had a player from Celtic since they wouldn’t sell McGinn to them, “**** Hibs” was how Lawell eloquently put it.

Finlay James

Thank **** we have Ann Budge and the FOH

merrymac
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

They have been warned 

7DC9613B-2ECA-478B-BDC8-51A06284EC91.jpeg

its typical Hibs. Clubs all over the place warning of the dangers of Multi club ownership, and numerous examples of clubs performances suffering badly.

Good old Hobonomics experts reckon its gonna be great and they will be solidifiying third (impossible task) :facepalm:

Its  got a Hibsing written all over it, but they just cant see it.🤣

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Think the training centre is already in a separate company by the Gordon's.

These things will all become rather fluid over time imo 

3 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Like they are going to spunk 6 million on buying the shares back :laugh:

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, merrymac said:

its typical Hibs. Clubs all over the place warning of the dangers of Multi club ownership, and numerous examples of clubs performances suffering badly.

Good old Hobonomics experts reckon its gonna be great and they will be solidifiying third (impossible task) :facepalm:

Absolutely. They said the same when Gordon took over and “ivested” £6m, the expected world domination still hasn’t happened 😆

merrymac
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely. They said the same when Gordon took over and “ivested” £6m, the expected world domination still hasn’t happened 😆

TBF they have succeeded with bottom 6 domination 🤣

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

They 'ponied up' as best they could and ended up with donkeys.

Their latest midfield (🤭) star. 👇

Hoofball?

Mikey1874

I thought Foley wasn't going to be on the board. That he would have "no controlling interest". Was only going to be an investor. 

Weebroon98
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I thought Foley wasn't going to be on the board. That he would have "no controlling interest". Was only going to be an investor. 

He'll be calling all the shots from now on

Mikey1874

Bit busy just now so will need to check later but thought Hibs board members cannot be on another board at another of the clubs. So Bill Foley can't be on the Bournemouth board.

Unless the deal with the SFA is different to what some people reported. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Cameronstheman said:

So Leslie Robb was bought off with a seat on the board.

Now Foley will be calling the shots in the boardroom.

If there are any Hibs supporters with an ounce of foresight, then they will be making plans in the same way those of Foundation of Hearts did.

Not sure what to make of it. A bit confused, as it sounds like he will be calling the shots. 

We'll see if Hibs are allowed to appoint their own manager or CEO - I do question if Montgomery & Kenswell will be on their bikes soon enough. 

Just for example, take Kuol or Demi Mitchell, both loaned with the best intentions by their parent clubs, but Kuol barely got a look in under Robbie then for some reason got chucked in at CM IIRC against Rangers just before Robbie lost the dressing room - terrible decision. Similarly, Mitchell in his first season was shit-hot because he was playing as a wingback. In the 2nd season, we played him as a fullback with more defensive duties and he couldn't do it. 

If you're Foley/ his management team, are you going to trust any quality players you want at Hibs without having control over how the team is structured? If it was me, I'd be looking to get my B-team/u21s manager over at Hibs ASAP. Gives you control and you get to develop a coach at the same time. 

hughesie27
29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bit busy just now so will need to check later but thought Hibs board members cannot be on another board at another of the clubs. So Bill Foley can't be on the Bournemouth board.

Unless the deal with the SFA is different to what some people reported. 

Pretty sure Kensell at least said the other directors wouldnt be on any other boards, though I assume it is allowed given they have done it!

Deevers
4 hours ago, RobNox said:

Yes, and since he took over, HSL's shareholding has been diluted by almost 75% to the point that they are a complete irrelevance.  To think, they had the chance to take a majority shareholding, but couldn't be arsed to pony up.  That ship has now sailed for good.

Stupid is knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies. 

4 hours ago, RobNox said:

In fairness, by the act of failing to pony up it probably suggests it wasn't going to be sustainable for them. Wee club problems :P 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, merrymac said:

TBF they have succeeded with bottom 6 domination 🤣

😂🤪

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, RobNox said:

they are a complete irrelevance.  

Tidied up your post for you 👍🏻

Mad Bad and Dangerous
3 hours ago, merrymac said:

Loving it.....popcorn well and truly at the ready    😂😂😂😂😂

merrymac
4 minutes ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

Loving it.....popcorn well and truly at the ready    😂😂😂😂😂

Hours and hours of entertainment and all free to watch 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by merrymac

FarmerTweedy
On 07/03/2024 at 16:16, Luckies1874 said:

I believe this summer will see us increase our playing budget quite significantly. I think the next 2 or 3 windows will see us bringing in several players that will improve the starting 11. We may of course face the very difficult job of replacing Shankland’s goals but I do think that priority will be given to the first team squad over other projects especially given the likelihood we are back in the Conference League. I think lessons will have been learned from last season and whilst a lot of noise is currently coming from our neighbors there will be a huge desire to stay out in front of them and Aberdeen who regardless of the mess they are in this season, are the two who are undoubtedly seen as our challengers for 3rd on an ongoing basis. 

I agree with most of what you say here, with the hotel up and running and us set to be fully debt-free after we pay back the last instalment of the loans from Budge during the covid period, we should definitely be able to make a step-up in the first team budget, particularly if we secure the Europa League qualifying playoff round spot for next season.

The one thing I'd caution around that is that a significant amount of the increased budget may well be taken up by new contracts for current players that have been doing well for us. For example, I imagine Vargas will be on significantly more money if we make his move permanent than he's been on up to now while on loan.  I can see us looking to extend Frankie Kent's contract too given how important he's been, and that would come with a significant pay rise! Cochrane, the Hoff, and of course Shankland if we could get him to sign, would also all attract significant pay increases, and I expect the contract offer to Beni will have a decent pay rise if he chooses to accept it too!  In addition to all that, staff costs for this season will already be up on last season (the last published figures) due to new signings like Kent and Hoff, as well as the fact we'll have been paying out rather more win bonuses this season than we did last season!  😀 

So I think we can look forward to this summer's transfer window, but I think we also need to keep an element of realism and not expect three or four signings on seven figure transfer fees and five figure weekly wages!  The good news (very good in fact) is that I really don't think we need many signings in the summer.  I'm assuming Neilson will come back from Partick and bolster the central defensive options, and looking at the rest of the squad, I think we'll need a right back assuming Dexter returns to Wolves, I think we'll need one striker unless Tagawa really starts to get going in the remaining games, and another striker if Shankland goes in the summer (although I actually don't think he will, I don't think any clubs are going to come in with the sort of money we'd be willing to accept) and assuming Dhanda is signed up on a pre-contract, I don't really see us signing anyone else unless it's to replace someone who leaves! That's partly because of the emerging talent from the academy setup, I think there are several young players who Naismith will be happy to call on for squad cover/depth next season rather than sign yet another experienced player, plus I think the likes of Tait and Pollock (hopefully Kirk too) will be given every chance to stake a claim for first team involvement on a regular basis. Tait in particular, I could see starting 15-20 games next season, especially if we've got group stage European football! 

manaliveits105
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

They have been warned 

7DC9613B-2ECA-478B-BDC8-51A06284EC91.jpeg

La petite équipe est dans la merde

au revoir indeed ya tramps !

FarmerTweedy
On 08/03/2024 at 13:59, hmfc_liam06 said:

Off topic but, we’re in an awkward state at the moment where it’s a question of do we want the easier route to winning a cup but potentially losing to a Killie and have the double heartbreak of losing group stage football vs minimising the risk of losing group stage football, which means it must be us v an OF side or an all OF final.

And I know, folk will come out and say we should be going for both, and of course we should, but it’s all about minimising the risk for me and that means the OF winning this weekend alongside us.

At the end of the day, it's not that awkward really.  We've got absolutely no influence over the outcome of that tie, we're just (very) interested observers.  Whoever wins, there are potential positives for us (sevco win reduces the chances of a team below us in the league winning the cup and taking the Europa League playoff round spot, vermin win potentially makes it easier for us to win the tournament itself). All we have to do, and all we can do, is wait and see what happens! 

Cameronstheman

Hibs are in no mans land ,waiting for the friendly fire they know that's coming from all sides and  sooner rather than later 

jamboinglasgow
On 08/03/2024 at 09:12, 132goals1958 said:

They are planning some investment to the infrastructure. Probably a good idea in adding value to the Fixed Assets which they have security over.

To be fair, I think its a good move to use the money (if £6m is indeed being given to being spent on the club) on infrastructure. It something that can take a lot of money to improve and can pay off with the stadium for greater income from hospitality and from the training ground with better prep and become more attractive to potential new signings. We have shown that getting that money to invest from outwith the club can really grow the club while not reducing the player budget.

I do think Hibs fans who think they are going to get tons of money that will go on players and push them into third far beyond the rest are deluding themselves. They will get some players and I think they may get a player like Marcondes every season who will be good for them, but the rest wont be near that level. They will get players from Bournemouth who are young (20/21 year old players) who the aim will be to be decent up here so they can sell to a Championship club to make some money. Or even build them up here to raise the profile then loan them to a Championship club the next season with the hope that that club will buy them at the end of the season.

To me, the Gordons sold this stake to cash out on some money from Hibs. If they could sell more to Foley they would but SFA rules limit it to 25%. I don think the Gordons have a lot of interest in Hibs but cant sell the full club at the moment, so Foyle allows them to do something similar to Ratcliffe at Man Utd, where they let someone with a smaller stake run the football side of the club in the hope that it drives up interest in the club or somehow the rules change and Foley buys the rest of the club.