Hibs board lay it on the table

Clerry Jambo

11 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Heads firmly in the sand. That Kensell article has been out for hours, not even discussing it over there. If that was us would be pages deep by now.

They keep that sort of thing for the PM board so that they do not get publicly mocked 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• vegas-voss

• Mikey1874

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

They keep that sort of thing for the PM board so that they do not get publicly mocked 

They are a bunch of pricks. Talking about challenging us ffs they want to concentrate on the livvis and st johnstons first. Cants could be in a relegation battle soon.

vegas-voss
13 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Heads firmly in the sand. That Kensell article has been out for hours, not even discussing it over there. If that was us would be pages deep by now.

Too busy saying the Rangers game ticket sales being so poor is because of Mothers day 🤣 

Mother's day **** me hand them in a bunch of flowers before the game.

alicante jambo
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Too busy saying the Rangers game ticket sales being so poor is because of Mothers day 🤣 

Just told the bird this shes pishing herself.

1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

They are a bunch of pricks. Talking about challenging us ffs they want to concentrate on the livvis and st johnstons first. Cants could be in a relegation battle soon.

I know . Never seen delusion on such a scale before ………. well I have actually , coincidentally when Ron Gordon took over :lol: 

alicante jambo
Just now, Sooks said:

I know . Never seen delusion on such a scale before ………. well I have actually , coincidentally when Ron Gordon took over :lol: 

You are bang on mate they were so excited back then. Fighting to get in the top 6 right now. Would love them to fail. No hearts,celtic or sevco sell outs for them.

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

To be fair Mothers/Sisters Day is a big thing down their neck of the woods 

Birregrande
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He's basically just said we're not a feeder club!! We're 4th in a pyramid scheme!!

All he's doing is blowing smoke up Hibs fans arses to try and get some breathing space for them as he's now starting to feel the heat from appointing and subsequently sacking 3 (4?) managers, and very nearly one more with Monty before he lucked out. 

It's heating up down there, and it could go spectacularly wrong. Cannot wait.

8iebyq.jpg

Edited by Birregrande

25 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Is that the one were he says he doesn't care about Hearts after mentioning Hearts by name 5 or 6 times? 😂😂😂

Hearts007
On 03/03/2024 at 09:31, Clerry Jambo said:

Well that’s the lochenders setting their stall out. Do we need to re-evaluate or happy with what we do recruiting wise, increase our budget etc?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-celtic-rangers-old-firm-billionaire-bournemouth-black-knight-football-foley-4538908

What could possibly go wrong 🤣

John Findlay
48 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Someone ought to remind them that the so called relegation Derby was held on Mother's day. 30/03/14.

I don't recall it being used by them as an excuse that Sunday.

Still after the game, I bet they wished they had stayed at home with their Mother's.

jimbojambo

I remember our marquee signings under Vlad which ordinarily would have been out of our price range. However it transpired all the fees were being added to our debt and it all ended badly. Foley seems to acquire football teams as playthings and his accountants will be securing every penny on Hibs debt. This appears to be the last year of guaranteed group stage football in Europe based on Scotlands likely coefficient so even if they get third next season it may not be the golden ticket as it is just now. Like Rangers they appear to be gambling and no way will we risk an all or nothing strategy again. 

Jambo in Bathgate
11 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I remember our marquee signings under Vlad which ordinarily would have been out of our price range. However it transpired all the fees were being added to our debt and it all ended badly. Foley seems to acquire football teams as playthings and his accountants will be securing every penny on Hibs debt. This appears to be the last year of guaranteed group stage football in Europe based on Scotlands likely coefficient so even if they get third next season it may not be the golden ticket as it is just now. Like Rangers they appear to be gambling and no way will we risk an all or nothing strategy again. 

Did they not sell their season tickets in March last year? 

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

They are loving it on hibs.net checking the results in the rest of the stable upset at Lorient letting the side down at the weekend 🤣

They now have three shite teams to follow 🤣

Have to say, would not be for me, it's a bit tinpot.

Ben “I’d like to thank our colleagues at Bournemouth” Kensell, another who becomes weirdly rattled at the mere mention of the Heart of Midlothian. 

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, sac said:

Remind me, What was their debt before the Foley investment?

£5.7 million was converted into shares for the Gordons. 

51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

£5.7 million was converted into shares for the Gordons. 

Not sure that’s a good idea for the Gordon’s, time will tell.

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, sac said:

Remind me, What was their debt before the Foley investment?

£6 million. Which just happens to be the same level of debt the Vermin had when they hooked up with that Avon Inns Pub chain. And we all know how that ended.

Tick Tock.

IMG_8123.jpeg

Finlay James

Any Hibbys I know see right through this crap and are of the opinion that Hibs have sold their soul in order to survive.  The money invested is simply to buy the shares and used to service the debt.  

When they inevitably go into admin, we should buy Easter road and convert it into our own training ground.

TexasAndy

Maybe if we were talking about an investment of £6M EVERY year then that would be a platform to sustain a challenge for 3rd place year on year.  A one off investment of £6m to a club that is £6m in debt is a drop in the ocean.  

132goals1958
37 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Maybe if we were talking about an investment of £6M EVERY year then that would be a platform to sustain a challenge for 3rd place year on year.  A one off investment of £6m to a club that is £6m in debt is a drop in the ocean.  

They are planning some investment to the infrastructure. Probably a good idea in adding value to the Fixed Assets which they have security over.

1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

They are planning some investment to the infrastructure. Probably a good idea in adding value to the Fixed Assets which they have security over.

Would be quite amusing if they ended up tenants in their stadium and training centre due to debts 

132goals1958
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Would be quite amusing if they ended up tenants in their stadium and training centre due to debts 

Wealthy Americans and real estate ( seems very plausible) 

Ron Burgundy

I'm only interested if this has an end game of wiping them off the face of the planet.

I would celebrate them dying like a Scottish cup win.

Captain Scarlett
9 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I'm only interested if this has an end game of wiping them off the face of the planet.

I would celebrate them dying like a Scottish cup win.

Champions league win surely?

Vlad Magic

Personally I have absolutely no idea how this deal will play out. It really doesn’t concern me too much either way. What will be will be.

However…..

What ever does happen your average Hibs fan has absolutely no say in it whatsoever. 

They have lost control over what happens next. Control over the club you love and support is a priceless commodity. 

boag1874

I don’t think they’re on a path to admin but I can’t see it bringing the success they want. My guess is they’ll fall short of expectations and the fans will be protesting that they want out the pyramid within 2-3 seasons 

vegas-voss
28 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I don’t think they’re on a path to admin but I can’t see it bringing the success they want. My guess is they’ll fall short of expectations and the fans will be protesting that they want out the pyramid within 2-3 seasons 

If they keep losing millions a year it will soon tot up 

40 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

See that is the thing though for me . The fans wanting out of the pyramid wont matter a jot , they have no say in it whatsoever and even if they did , how much would it cost ? Would Foley want back what he has spent ? Would those floating charges come in to play ? That is what I mean about them renting their stadium and training centre 

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

See that is the thing though for me . The fans wanting out of the pyramid wont matter a jot , they have no say in it whatsoever and even if they did , how much would it cost ? Would Foley want back what he has spent ? Would those floating charges come in to play ? That is what I mean about them renting their stadium and training centre 

Foley hasn't lent them anything.  What he's spent is £6m in return for a 25% shareholding.  If he decides he wants that back he'll have to find a buyer for his  shares.  Nobody owes him anything and he doesn't have a floating charge.

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Foley hasn't lent them anything.  What he's spent is £6m in return for a 25% shareholding.  If he decides he wants that back he'll have to find a buyer for his  shares.  Nobody owes him anything and he doesn't have a floating charge.

Okay that is fair enough . Now what if Hibs fans no longer want to be in the pyramid . What do they do ? Foley owns 25 percent of their club and a big part of that if not the only part is to have them in his pyramid . If they convince him to let them leave  what price would he put on his shares for the Hibs fans to try and buy 

Okay Hibs you can leave , but this is the price . Coincidentally it is the price of the training centre . I would accept that as the price for my shares . Dont worry though you can rent it too 

pressgang22

What’s the maximum number of loans allowed from one club?  Is it 3 or 4?

Victorian

I think they'll beat Rangers.  Hopefully we get to toy with them at Hampden again.  Half of their fans will dread it and already know they're doomed.  The other half will think it's their time and end up being traumatised by another reality check.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I think they'll beat Rangers.  Hopefully we get to toy with them at Hampden again.  Half of their fans will dread it and already know they're doomed.  The other half will think it's their time and end up being traumatised by another reality check.

Old Nosferatu was pretty bullish about this game in his press conference . Had a wee dig about how he keeps reading Hibs were unlucky the last couple of times so they will be 200 % up for it . I think Rangers will come out the blocks like they did against us 

gordon simpson
17 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

What could possibly go wrong 🤣

ask any Man United fan 

gordon simpson
36 minutes ago, Victorian said:

this 

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Na not for me, the biggest most important thing for hearts right now is that European money.  I want that in the bag well before the end of May .  Us vs Celtic final.  We owe them one 

Edited by kingantti1874

Ron Burgundy
42 minutes ago, Victorian said:

No way do I want them at Hampden again, every dog has its day eventually. Even flea ridden rabid ones.

I will wait until they are liquidated and in the Lowland leagues before we play them  in a cup again. Can they be reincarnated to their original name Hibernians ?

Hope Rangers absolutely rag doll the vermin.

Cameronstheman
25 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

No way do I want them at Hampden again, every dog has its day eventually. Even flea ridden rabid ones.

I will wait until they are liquidated and in the Lowland leagues before we play them  in a cup again. Can they be reincarnated to their original name Hibernians ?

Hope Rangers absolutely rag doll the vermin.

Thats the spirit FTH

17 hours ago, Sooks said:

Do the Black Knights only invest in teams with shite badges ?

IMG_6404.jpeg

Coming soon to a fleamarket in Leith:

plastic_fantastic.jpg

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, pressgang22 said:

What’s the maximum number of loans allowed from one club?  Is it 3 or 4?

Hard to keep track. Might be 4 now.

It's 3 from next season.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hard to keep track. Might be 4 now.

It's 3 from next season.

You are right its three. Though players who are under 21 and club trained (between at the parent club for at least 3 years between the age of 15 -21) are not counted towards the limit.

Ex member of the SaS

The big point for me is the two members getting on the board. I doubt Hibs fans even considered that would happen. The last team in a pyramid system is not normally getting the best deal. Things will look rosy for maybe one or two seasons then reality will sink in. They will possibly get one or two decent players on loan, but that doesn't increase revenue for the club and with little or no cash for the rest of the team, what can two players do, especially if they get injured. Claiming to challenge the OF when they couldn't beat a crap Hearts performance shows how far they have to progress. Had we played ( like we did against Celtic ) we would have romped the derby.

As others have said talk is cheap and all it does is raise hope for gullible fans.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Na not for me, the biggest most important thing for hearts right now is that European money.  I want that in the bag well before the end of May .  Us vs Celtic final.  We owe them one 

Off topic but, we’re in an awkward state at the moment where it’s a question of do we want the easier route to winning a cup but potentially losing to a Killie and have the double heartbreak of losing group stage football vs minimising the risk of losing group stage football, which means it must be us v an OF side or an all OF final.

And I know, folk will come out and say we should be going for both, and of course we should, but it’s all about minimising the risk for me and that means the OF winning this weekend alongside us.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Off topic but, we’re in an awkward state at the moment where it’s a question of do we want the easier route to winning a cup but potentially losing to a Killie and have the double heartbreak of losing group stage football vs minimising the risk of losing group stage football, which means it must be us v an OF side or an all OF final.

And I know, folk will come out and say we should be going for both, and of course we should, but it’s all about minimising the risk for me and that means the OF winning this weekend alongside us.

100%. if we want to win the cup we will likely have to beat them.  

we should have no fear.  Prefer Europe is secured, prefer hibs get no SF monies and prefer to beat Celtic in the final.  2019 and 2020 hurt .  As did 2022 but I fancy our chances more against Celtic 

Edited by kingantti1874

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Okay that is fair enough . Now what if Hibs fans no longer want to be in the pyramid . What do they do ? Foley owns 25 percent of their club and a big part of that if not the only part is to have them in his pyramid . If they convince him to let them leave  what price would he put on his shares for the Hibs fans to try and buy 

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Okay Hibs you can leave , but this is the price . Coincidentally it is the price of the training centre . I would accept that as the price for my shares . Dont worry though you can rent it too 

Hibs fans have no choice in the matter, they aren't going to convince Foley to let them leave his pyramid and there's no way they could raise the money to buy him out even he was willing to sell up.  They won't be trading the training ground for his shares either, as it's not theirs to trade.

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Hibs fans have no choice in the matter, they aren't going to convince Foley to let them leave his pyramid and there's no way they could raise the money to buy him out even he was willing to sell up.  They won't be trading the training ground for his shares either, as it's not theirs to trade.

I can see the ownership of Hibs changing a bit over the next few seasons