*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day-thread (SKY SPORTS)***

Scott980612

Skacelsid

Our defense has been exposed this week, it is weak and badly organised, Celtic will be rubbing their hands. On their last visit here our full-backs "tucked in" and they exploited the unopposed freedom in wide areas, our wing/full backs posted missing 0-4. I really do not care how this works for Man City/Arsenal or whoever. Against better opposition we need an organised back line that retains it's shape that they need to break down, whether that be of 4 or 5. We need to at least give ourselves a chance of a result and for that a solid base is required. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• pettigrewsstylist

• Sooperstar

TexasAndy

The difference a week makes in Football.  Last Friday the Rangers v Hearts thread was full of bravado about our chances at Ibrox.  This week everyone is dreading it.  As far back as I can remember we have always been underdogs in these games.  It is what it is but we will keep going in the hope of seeing one of those random 4-0 win days.

Jim Panzee
10 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Our defense has been exposed this week, it is weak and badly organised, Celtic will be rubbing their hands. On their last visit here our full-backs "tucked in" and they exploited the unopposed freedom in wide areas, our wing/full backs posted missing 0-4. I really do not care how this works for Man City/Arsenal or whoever. Against better opposition we need an organised back line that retains it's shape that they need to break down, whether that be of 4 or 5. We need to at least give ourselves a chance of a result and for that a solid base is required. 

so bad it was part of a recent winning streak and us winning more away games this season (already) than last, and getting us to 3rd in the league.

we lost against sevco who have million pound players.

we were poor v the hibs - but can happen in derby games

we'll likely lose Sunday - again to a team worth millions.

then normal service will be resumed and we'll have a great defence again.

Clark

Lembikisa Kingsley Rowles Cochrane

Hoff Beni Devlin

Oda Shankland Forrest

kingantti1874
58 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Our defense has been exposed this week, it is weak and badly organised, Celtic will be rubbing their hands. On their last visit here our full-backs "tucked in" and they exploited the unopposed freedom in wide areas, our wing/full backs posted missing 0-4. I really do not care how this works for Man City/Arsenal or whoever. Against better opposition we need an organised back line that retains its shape that they need to break down, whether that be of 4 or 5. We need to at least give ourselves a chance of a result and for that a solid base is required. 

Until the rangers game we had conceded 22 goals. 2 more than Celtic and 5 less than the next closed Kilmarnock.  Rangers are on 14 for comparison.   It was literally the strength of our team.

weve played badly the previous 2 games.  But it’s hardly “ our defence is shite stuff” 

PapaShango

Sick of us starting slowly and if the same happens on Sunday then it will be game over by half time again. Got to come out the traps quickly and get in their faces. They might have scudded Dundee midweek but they weren't great away to Motherwell last weekend. Their defence is shored up a bit with Carter Vickers coming back in, but we can still get at them. However we need to defend properly and as a team from the start. Last time out we gifted them a goal inside 2 minutes with no one tracker a runner. Everyone had us down for a 5-0 horsing at Parkhead last time out so I hold out hope we can turn up this weekend and do them some damage. Would take a point right now to be honest to build up another run but would love for us to beat them, its been too long at home since we did. RB is the major worry, don't think we have anyone in there that is competent at actually defending against a decent forward thinking team. 

4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Sick of us starting slowly and if the same happens on Sunday then it will be game over by half time again. Got to come out the traps quickly and get in their faces. They might have scudded Dundee midweek but they weren't great away to Motherwell last weekend. Their defence is shored up a bit with Carter Vickers coming back in, but we can still get at them. However we need to defend properly and as a team from the start. Last time out we gifted them a goal inside 2 minutes with no one tracker a runner. Everyone had us down for a 5-0 horsing at Parkhead last time out so I hold out hope we can turn up this weekend and do them some damage. Would take a point right now to be honest to build up another run but would love for us to beat them, its been too long at home since we did. RB is the major worry, don't think we have anyone in there that is competent at actually defending against a decent forward thinking team. 

I'm really sick of it too. It must be some sort of strange mental block the players have because it's not normal to start like that every single week. 

Scott980612

Will go 1-3  

Just don’t see us getting anything here unfortunately. 

Hopefully give them a game and didn’t expect anything at Parkhead last time so you never know. 

Cannot give away early cheap goals , if we do it’s pretty much game over instantly 

upgotheheads

I was looking forward to this match until last Saturday's performance, but now I've got the fear. It's our defending early on that worries me, which makes me think that a start for Sibbick might be in order, and where Beni starts worries me too. Beni never looks comfortable playing on his own 18-yard line, and Sibbick has more physical presence in that area. My thoughts would be along the lines of a 4-1-4-1 with Sibbick in front of the back 4, and Beni behind a single striker.  I'm not expecting much support for that, but anyway...

Edited by upgotheheads

Ex member of the SaS
56 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Cammy in the media ( sorry no link ) saying the team have been discussing the slow starts and they want to be quicker on Sunday. The manager has been saying start faster and yet it's taken until now for them to discuss it?

Along with a better start we need to get in their faces and stop them wandering into our half. Allow Vickers to cross the half way line and spray passes around and we will lose. Take the ball from them in their half ( the can't cope with high press ) and we have a good chance. We also need more composure when on the ball and make passes and not hurried humps up the park. For some reason I feel slightly confidant we can take something from this. The thing is, play to our strengths and we can beat any team in the league, just have belief.

PapaShango
7 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Cammy in the media ( sorry no link ) saying the team have been discussing the slow starts and they want to be quicker on Sunday. The manager has been saying start faster and yet it's taken until now for them to discuss it?

Along with a better start we need to get in their faces and stop them wandering into our half. Allow Vickers to cross the half way line and spray passes around and we will lose. Take the ball from them in their half ( the can't cope with high press ) and we have a good chance. We also need more composure when on the ball and make passes and not hurried humps up the park. For some reason I feel slightly confidant we can take something from this. The thing is, play to our strengths and we can beat any team in the league, just have belief.

We've shown we can beat anyone, however for us to win Sunday we need to be at the top of our game and hope they are off it slightly. The full back positions worry me slightly, Maeda always seems to have a field day against us with his pace running in behind and he's far more accurate than the Hibs attackers are so likely will punish us. However get into them from the off, don't let them settle. Pressure is on them to win if Rangers win on Saturday, hopefully we can play with a bit of freedom. I really want to see a different midfield and players that can pass and retain the ball. Tait is the obvious choice for me, but looks like Naismith prefers Grant or Fraser over him. Its not all about having ball winners, when we get the ball we need to have someone who doesn't just shell it up the park or turn the possession over again quickly or it will be a long afternoon. 

upgotheheads

Clark

Atkinson      Kent     Rowles       Kingsley   

Sibbick

Vargas     Beni       Cammy          Forrest

Shankland.

Cochrane hasn't been great recently, so a seat on the bench might be good for him, and I would like to see Pollock and Denholm given a chance off the bench. 

Ex member of the SaS
4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

We've shown we can beat anyone, however for us to win Sunday we need to be at the top of our game and hope they are off it slightly. The full back positions worry me slightly, Maeda always seems to have a field day against us with his pace running in behind and he's far more accurate than the Hibs attackers are so likely will punish us. However get into them from the off, don't let them settle. Pressure is on them to win if Rangers win on Saturday, hopefully we can play with a bit of freedom. I really want to see a different midfield and players that can pass and retain the ball. Tait is the obvious choice for me, but looks like Naismith prefers Grant or Fraser over him. Its not all about having ball winners, when we get the ball we need to have someone who doesn't just shell it up the park or turn the possession over again quickly or it will be a long afternoon. 

With the league being so tight it's clear they will get the benefit of 50/50 challenges, free kicks in dangerous areas that VaR has no influence. Celtic scored 7 against Dundee to get the bigot goal difference equal, if Dundee hadn't scored.

The officials will decide who wins and we all know who that will be, so yes we need to be 100% to nullify their bias.

Henroddy

Our 1st half performances in particular have been shocking  but we have managed to get to half time (generally) and sorted it out for 2nd half. As proved against Rangers we won't get away with that against the better teams. Celtic put 5 past Dundee in opening 45. If we don't start the game properly we could be in fir another pumping. Most other SPL teams give them a game. They will raise their game against us. We CAN get something out of the game. Do we park bus opening 45? If we go to attack and play an open game then there could be plenty of goals. If Kilmarnock can beat them and Motherwell can give them a game why can't we?

15 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Clark

Atkinson      Kent     Rowles       Kingsley   

Sibbick

Vargas     Beni       Cammy          Forrest

Shankland.

Cochrane hasn't been great recently, so a seat on the bench might be good for him, and I would like to see Pollock and Denholm given a chance off the bench. 

Sibbick in midfield, just why??

Also dropping Nieuwenhof? 

pettigrewsstylist
24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

They will be all over Beni like a rash and target our RB position. Should be enough for them.

Gorgieshed

Told no Kent or Shankland in training today? Anyone know if that's true?

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Wouldn't be surprised Kent missing hopefully Shankland is ok though or we really are goosed! 

karipidis

Kent is ruled out and on crutches 

Edited by karipidis

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Sibbick in midfield, just why??

Also dropping Nieuwenhof? 

Spot on about Nieuwenhof. After I  posted  I had is feeling I'd missed something😖, my point is that Beni, for some reason, doesn't look comfortable sitting in front of a back four, he was at fault for Ranger's first goal, although he wasn't alone. I have a higher opinion of Sibbick than some on here and when he first came to us he was a defensive midfielder. He's big and has a physical presence that Beni lacks. If Kent is injured then Sibbick might be playing at the back anyway, in which case it could be something like 

Clark.

Sibbick  Kingsley  Rowles  Cochrane

Devlin

Vargas    Beni    Hof       Forrest

Shanks

steve123
41 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

I have just read that Rodgers and Mcgregor were not at Celtic training either, I wonder of something with Captains for cup etc 

Edited by steve123

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I think it’s up to the manager to send them out with the right tactics and formation to start quickly, and whatever else needs to done to get them fired up and ready to go. Loud music, caffeine, energy drinks, a rollicking, just sort it out ffs..

Not going to lie , I am dreading this one . That was a very poor display from us on Wednesday 

Gordon

Lembikisa   Kingsley   Rowles  Cochrane

Hof         Beni   

Pollock

Vargas                    Forrest

Shankland

Scott980612

Clark 

Sibbick 

Dexter    Rowles  Kingsley    Cochrane 

Devlin Hoff 

Vargas                        Forrest  

Shankland 

karipidis
37 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Shankland having a scan today apparently. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Huh? Eat something dodgy? 

Edited by karipidis

BigAlim
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Huh? Eat something dodgy? 

The kebab pies will never recover from this, the hero becomes the villain 

Edited by BigAlim

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Has to be food poisoning. 

If he doesnt appear

Clark

Atkinson Sibbick Kingsley Rowles Cochrane

Hof Beni Grant

Forrest Vargas

neilnunb

Shankland took a bad one early on in the derby. If he's out then we are seriously goosed.

Will Oda be back?

McGregor seemingly missed Celtic training today...think he went off at HT on Wed.  They can probably afford to lose him more than we can Shankland or Kent though.

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Shankland took a bad one early on in the derby. If he's out then we are seriously goosed.

Will Oda be back?

McGregor seemingly missed Celtic training today...think he went off at HT on Wed.  They can probably afford to lose him more than we can Shankland or Kent though.

Think Naismith said he would be earlier in the week.

neilnunb
2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Think Naismith said he would be earlier in the week.

👍

Nelly Terraces

Game over by 12.45. Just depends on how many they fancy taking off us. 

I don't see this going well. Just hope its not another performance like at Ibrox or midweek.

Hopefully we can get another run of positive results going after this game.

BigAlim

Hopefully Shankland is fine by Sunday but if not then I think we really need to bolt the door shut tbh

________________Gordon

_____Kingsley__Sibbick__Rowles

Dexter__Devlin__Hoff__Beni__Cochrane

____________Vargas__Forrest

6 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Have they aye? 

Aye man

soonbe110
5 hours ago, RDSK said:

Clark

Hoff Beni Devlin

Oda Shankland Forrest

Will be back to back three on Sunday now that Kent’s out.  Sibbick, Kingsley and Rowles.  Rest of your team looks fine except Oda could still injured and we need a creative type rather Devlin in midfield.  Wouldn’t surprise me if he starts Tait on Sunday- nothing to lose. 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Gorgieshed said:

Certainly no Kent 

Zander

Dexter Kingsely Kent* Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Beni Tait

Forrest Shankland

*if Kent is out, then Sibbick. 

Gorgierools
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Zander

Dexter Kingsely Kent* Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Beni Tait

Forrest Shankland

*if Kent is out, then Sibbick. 

Kent is out for rest of the month

1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

Kent is out for rest of the month

Toby's time to shine!

giphy.gif

FerryJambo81

If no Shankland maybe the forgotten man Tagawa comes in....

Shown nothing apart from flashes of movement, few and far between admittedly and not in his last couple appearances. Maybe the play off shoulder of last defender works here, out ball and all that...findings a goal against them could be the catalyst for him.

Get it's out there, let's not make this a Tagawa bash, could just be the left field option if (god forbid) Shanks out.

Not shouting for him by any stretch, rather could be an option if the main man can't play. Simple instruction, stay up high and be prepared to run  🤷‍♂️😂

Mikey1874
5 hours ago, RDSK said:

Clark

Hoff Beni Devlin

Oda Shankland Forrest

Oda is still out after concussion at training. 

Pasquale for King

Imagine the seethe if we got an Andy Thorn type free agent and put a spoke in their title hopes 😆.

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, FerryJambo81 said:

If no Shankland maybe the forgotten man Tagawa comes in....

Shown nothing apart from flashes of movement, few and far between admittedly and not in his last couple appearances. Maybe the play off shoulder of last defender works here, out ball and all that...findings a goal against them could be the catalyst for him.

Get it's out there, let's not make this a Tagawa bash, could just be the left field option if (god forbid) Shanks out.

Not shouting for him by any stretch, rather could be an option if the main man can't play. Simple instruction, stay up high and be prepared to run  🤷‍♂️😂

I think the rest of the team needs the instruction to pass the ball behind their defence. 

Obviously hoping for a win but find it hard to see where it is coming from. We will have to be at our best and hope that mob are off it.....still HHGH!!